Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS (29374 Views)

I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / Download Talking Tom For Nokia Asha 206 301 305 308 306 311 501 / How To Download On Nokia Asha Smartphones(asha500,501,502,503) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:50am On May 10, 2013
fabby26: Am just in love with my Nokia lumia phone, gives me the benefit if a full browsing experience just like a pocket-friendly tablet or pc,especially its Microsoft office share documents wit ppt, excel, and pdf functionality, means you're never away from office. Nokia is the bomb. BlackBerry, Samsung galaxy can never beat Nokia in terms of battery strength.Period. Case closed
sharrrap you bought a phone that no one else buys globally and you are making noise? Microsoft has stopped support for windows phone 8 I hope you know? undecided
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:51am On May 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: bush man! And wo says nokia dnt do 3g phone?
Even older series of N and E series are 3Gs!
That is jes an option.
fool he meant that this asha model is 2G and he is right!!! learn to read !!!!
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:55am On May 10, 2013
lord.spiritual:

not everyone wants to use a chinese phone...
You are a big slowpoke!!!!
let me educate you ..slowpoke!!!
playstation3 = made in china
xbox 360 = made in china
ipones = made in china
ipads = made in china
play station vita and psp= made in china
Tecno phones = made in china
xperia phones = made in china
Google nexus = made in china

everything is made in china

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by apparition: 5:30am On May 10, 2013
It is obvious that quite a few people who use phones use them because it is fashionable to do so. If any one of these guys have done a close like for like comparison between for example the windows 8 phones, say the lumia 920 and any of the jelly bean androids,they will observe that the difference between them boils down to how one defines user friendly.
I have used the androids from the gingerbread through the ice cream to jellybean, quite frankly i find the windows 8 more of what i want. Simply put if you are more of a games person then the android is for you. If you are more of the business oriented type the windows 8 is what you want. They all have their various strengths and weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 6:09am On May 10, 2013
django1: But seriously I can't drop blackberry for any of this shyte!

How much data plan I wan dey buy within a month?
Another person living in the past.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 6:20am On May 10, 2013
apparition: It is obvious that quite a few people who use phones use them because it is fashionable to do so. If any one of these guys have done a close like for like comparison between for example the windows 8 phones, say the lumia 920 and any of the jelly bean androids,they will observe that the difference between them boils down to how one defines user friendly.
I have used the androids from the gingerbread through the ice cream to jellybean, quite frankly i find the windows 8 more of what i want. Simply put if you are more of a games person then the android is for you. If you are more of the business oriented type the windows 8 is what you want. They all have their various strengths and weaknesses.
Business Windows Hahahaha.........
U can get wateva u want on an Android platform.
By the way, congrats 4 using almost all the Android os versions, but u didint mention Frayo, Honeycomb.......... cheesy
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by graphicsplay: 8:23am On May 10, 2013
lord.spiritual:
una nor dey read....$99 = #14,000 dats the price of the phone...

#15,000 plus @ current Fx.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by rezzy: 8:42am On May 10, 2013
Kizyte: I used to be a Nokia fan, but thank God for saving me from Nokia bondage.

TECNO FOR LIFE!

Is this a testimony? Oya na, Praise thy Lord. Halleluyah
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by lordspiritual(m): 9:11am On May 10, 2013
lestat:
You are a big slowpoke!!!!
let me educate you ..slowpoke!!!
playstation3 = made in china
xbox 360 = made in china
ipones = made in china
ipads = made in china
play station vita and psp= made in china
Tecno phones = made in china
xperia phones = made in china
Google nexus = made in china

everything is made in china
now let me educate you slower poke..
for the fact that shell, chevron and other multinationals operate here does that make them nigerian?
i was referring to where tecno was formed and the people it is owned by(it is owned by and made by chinese peeps)....remember the first tecno phone you saw and how it was a cheap knockoff of nokia...now i hear even itel has started producing android phones...now slow poke the only reason this main manufacturers like apple go and 'ASSEMBLE' in china is due to the cheap cost of labour there...let that sink into your head..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by lordspiritual(m): 9:17am On May 10, 2013
ASSEMBLED AND NOT MADE IN CHINA...

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by SlimzyEve(f): 9:54am On May 10, 2013
Tecno 4 real, Blackberry my foot...
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by piagetskinner(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2013
;DIt looks like bar soap..B29
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by CeCeBillz(f): 11:07am On May 10, 2013
BlackBerry till I die!!!! grin enjoying my Z10 kiss[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Youngpo413: 11:22am On May 10, 2013
apparition: It is obvious that quite a few people who use phones use them because it is fashionable to do so. If any one of these guys have done a close like for like comparison between for example the windows 8 phones, say the lumia 920 and any of the jelly bean androids,they will observe that the difference between them boils down to how one defines user friendly.

God bless you my brother.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by akirahunt(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2013
I wanna just say this is really good start from Nokia. There is quite stiff competition in the market of Smartphone so Nokia needs of improvement in their phones. One of the best things I like about Nokia is its economic price that sots budget users.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Randerl: 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
Welcome to Mobile Technology Graveyard aka NOKIA. Ancient Tech Workx.

akirahunt: I wanna just say this is really good start from Nokia. There is quite stiff competition in the market of Smartphone so Nokia needs of improvement in their phones. One of the best things I like about Nokia is its economic price that sots budget users.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Bawss1(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2013
See how this thread is overrun by wiseacres posing as techies. Now everyone and their mamas are phone experts. SMH

You people can't get past the idea that this phone is aimed at the developing market? And all the Techno worshippers here are yet to demonstrate how their beloved brand outperforms this particular Asha model... The release of this phone is a smart move by Nokia, they are competing in a niche market that is presently underserved with cheap android offerings from Chinese manufacturers and are doing so by presenting a device that comes with the bespoken Nokia build quality. This phone is not built to compete with the IPhones and Galaxies of this world, it is aptly suited for its target market so all the noisemakers here should keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Gudiza(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2013
emmysenior: Touch screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still prefer phones with keypads any day.
On this exception, you're excused.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Gudiza(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2013
smiley
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 10, 2013
lord.spiritual:
ASSEMBLED AND NOT MADE IN CHINA...
UR ENGLISH TEACHER RILLY TRIED 2 GIV U THE BEST, YET HERE U ARE DISGRACING URSELF.
*Apple only intiated the design, and specs they need(Idea)
*The resources and peeps dat assemble, made this device physical are chinese.
*dnt dispute it, China are still No 1 phone makers, make ur request and they giv u wat u want.
*As i speak with u, most of the Best Android devices are in China and for china market. U doubt? Check out the "Xiaomi MiS2"
I rest my case...........
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 10, 2013
Bawss1: See how this thread is overrun by wiseacres posing as techies. Now everyone and their mamas are phone experts. SMH

You people can't get past the idea that this phone is aimed at the developing market? And all the Techno worshippers here are yet to demonstrate how their beloved brand outperforms this particular Asha model... The release of this phone is a smart move by Nokia, they are competing in a niche market that is presently underserved with cheap android offerings from Chinese manufacturers and are doing so by presenting a device that comes with the bespoken Nokia build quality. This phone is not built to compete with the IPhones and Galaxies of this world, it is aptly suited for its target market so all the noisemakers here should keep quiet.
Apparently, u are the noise maker here.....
If this device is targeted @ the developing countries, kindly check out the price and compare it with Tecno Android devices. Den we shall knw who's more concerned abt the developing countries.....
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by jedisco(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2013
lestat:
sharrrap you bought a phone that no one else buys globally and you are making noise? Microsoft has stopped support for windows phone 8 I hope you know? undecided

You must be a rat to have pulled this out of your anus.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by whitechriz(m): 11:20pm On May 10, 2013
nice phone ...am waiting to have it soonest .....price please ?
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 12:19am On May 11, 2013
Ejimalex: It's not a viable option until they produce versions that re 3G enabled..bt i beleive its a good development..just hope it won't be overpriced though.
u re the first person that has made sense on this tread! Thank u jare
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 12:35am On May 11, 2013
Dandy.:

Most contributors on this thread reek of ignorance. Someone earlier said instead of producing Android based phones,Nokia is producing Asha. FYI, Nokia high end phones now run on the windows phone 8 OS/platform.The Asha line of products are mostly made for the budget restrained/developing economies in Africa.Most of which are ignoramus who know less about phone tech.
i support u die
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 12:39am On May 11, 2013
lestat:
dude shut the hell up!!! All the Nokia Windows Phone 7.5 and 8 failed terribly, poor sales, and high return rate. Nokia are sinking fast in the smart phone industry globally this asha OS is a last ditch attempt to regain already lost foot hold in emerging markets but believe you me when I say this asha OS wont make a dent in Android or IOS sales
F*OL!!! Where did u get ur news 4rm that windows 8 failed?? 2Ndly was asha made to compete with andriod or ios? I see ignorance has delt with u baldly sad
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 12:46am On May 11, 2013
lestat:
i seriously dont know the word to discribe u with....... And i cant correct you cos it will be pointless! Its lyk teaching a mad man how to do things the correct way!
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 12:54am On May 11, 2013
akirahunt: I wanna just say this is really good start from Nokia. There is quite stiff competition in the market of Smartphone so Nokia needs of improvement in their phones. One of the best things I like about Nokia is its economic price that sots budget users.
i support u half way down because where u need correction is, nokia does not need improvement on thier smartphones, what makes andriod based phone sell faster than nokia is its apps, therefore windows need more apps! Thats the only thing
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 1:25am On May 11, 2013
Godvilla: Apparently, u are the noise maker here.....
If this device is targeted @ the developing countries, kindly check out the price and compare it with Tecno Android devices. Den we shall knw who's more concerned abt the developing countries.....
Godvilla: Apparently, u are the noise maker here.....
i did not want to say anything before abt all theses tecno drunk peeps, but now i will talk. First i like tecno, i want to buy a tecno D5, yes its cheap i heard its 17k, but i cant compare it to nokia!!! Reason number 1, tecno and nokia re not mates! Tecno is just begining to make smart phones and made it cheap so it could be appealing to the masses, and so they could make little profits, if samsung should do a phone having exacly the same specs as tecno D5 it cant go 4 17k because samsung has a made name is smartphone industry, then u open ur mouth to compare tecno with lengendary nokia?? The reason why a mini coop is more expensive than a toyota camry is not because its better than it, but because mini had made it name by using the car to act the movie "The italian job" so if i had a manfucturing company, which i just opened, i will sell my products at cheap price too so people could buy and get to know more about it! Its called strategy! Thats why tecno phones re cheap!! Tecno had not even goten its name on andriod official website talkless of gsmarena or phonearena. Lyk up comin musicians will perform at a show 4 almost notin thats how tecno does. But if tu face is to perform a song even wacker than the upcomin musicians own he cant be paid less than 5 million thats nokia! So this asha phone is at a reasonable price to me! I hope u learn 4rm wat i just said!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by ibiso1986: 1:47am On May 11, 2013
Anyway I still use my symbian nokia C5 phone..(3.5G).. Since 2009.. Free navigator, dj mix, video calling,.. It has similar applications to andriod. Though andriod apps are slightly better. Nokia for life
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:55am On May 11, 2013
runzlord: i did not want to say anything before abt all theses tecno drunk peeps, but now i will talk. First i like tecno, i want to buy a tecno D5, yes its cheap i heard its 17k, but i cant compare it to nokia!!! Reason number 1, tecno and nokia re not mates! Tecno is just begining to make smart phones and made it cheap so it could be appealing to the masses, and so they could make little profits, if samsung should do a phone having exacly the same specs as tecno D5 it cant go 4 17k because samsung has a made name is smartphone industry, then u open ur mouth to compare tecno with lengendary nokia?? The reason why a mini coop is more expensive than a toyota camry is not because its better than it, but because mini had made it name by using the car to act the movie "The italian job" so if i had a manfucturing company, which i just opened, i will sell my products at cheap price too so people could buy and get to know more about it! Its called strategy! Thats why tecno phones re cheap!! Tecno had not even goten its name on andriod official website talkless of gsmarena or phonearena. Lyk up comin musicians will perform at a show 4 almost notin thats how tecno does. But if tu face is to perform a song even wacker than the upcomin musicians own he cant be paid less than 5 million thats nokia! So this asha phone is at a reasonable price to me! I hope u learn 4rm wat i just said!
Hahahaha...... U ARE ONLY CLOUDED BY BRAND NAME!!!
THEY'LL KEEP ON DRAINING UR POCKET.....................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Difference Between Iphone 13 Pro Max And Iphone 14 Pro Max? / Hack Nokia E5-00 100% Working / Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.