Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:35 AM

What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? (1982 Views)

--- / Should I Use A Travel Agent? / Travel Agent/consultant.(information Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? by imohregi: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2008
What does it take to become a travel agent
Re: What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? by spine: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2008
Yea,would like to know the processes involved.
i know it requires getting a liscence from IATA and meeting with the airline operators one intends to interface with to discuss the terms however,i got vague info that there are certain smiley constraints at the moment preventing the process from taking place.
does anyone have concrete info?
i actually have a request for a proposal over this business plan, its very important
cheers
Re: What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? by sfdaram(f): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ poster

basically there 4 types of travel agents , it depends on the type you want to become;

1. accredited agent with stock - as an accredited agent with stock, it means u r IATA certified, you have & can issue airline ticket (stock) to air passangers from your office.

2.accredited agent without stock- it means you are IATA certifified but you dont just have ticket in ur office but u have what is called validator that enables you to sell LPO to some agents.

3. agent by registration- it mean you are operating as a travel agent by registering your agency with CAC , u can only make reservation to passeger while u go to other agents to buy ticket or you buy LPO ,take d LPO 2 air line 2 buy d ticket & ur commission will be given.

4. freelance agent- as d name implies these agents dont know much about d job but whenever they have passager travelling they take d job to No.1, 2 or 3 to be done.

note that , to be IATA certified u need bank guarantee of N10 million if not , do settle 4 no. 3 option above where u will register ur agency, pay some due 2 NANTA & NCAA.

hope ve been able 2 answer you question.

all d best
Re: What Does It Take To Become A Travel Agent? by sfdaram(f): 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ poster

less i forget, you we need to go to aviation school at least a month & learn how to make reservation, check & calculate fares, airline geograhpy, ticketing etc.

to be IATA certified (professional exam), you can write the exam that comes up twice in a year march & september . presently $550 & $30 bank charges.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Info Abt Havin Honeymoon In Calabar / Official Italy Thread: LIFE IN ITALY / China Opens The World's Tallest (highest) Bridge Ever Made - Awesome Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.