Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:33 AM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (30388 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by begwong: 12:52pm On May 09, 2013
Na Laugh: I couldn't help but make this. Forgive me cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaRY-cCtBk
was that the pixure of dictator seun
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by funkymedina: 12:53pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I apologize!

I accept!

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 09, 2013
ATMC: hey you didn't notice d excuse was for seun...i tire for you o, ok get ur non reprobate azzz to d religious section we got scores to settle...
WAITING ON MUMMY JESOUL AND DADDY MANMUSTWAC TO GIVE ME UNSUPERVISED PAROLE tongue
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:54pm On May 09, 2013
tchidi: Ife mi Seun! kiss kiss thanks...
That being said, no one should speak ill of any religion or belief, if u don't like it, move on! angry
I will ban anyone who insults any religion!!!

oº°˚ wait, I'm not a mod or super mod, so I can't ban...
You must be sick or hallucinating.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended
however, in addition, you the critic don't strike off. he actually striked out the controversial decree no_ 17, laws of Nairand
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 09, 2013
Na Laugh: I couldn't help but make this. Forgive me cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaRY-cCtBk
YOU SHOULD BE IN NOLLYWOOD DIRECTING MOVIES
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by jadakiss213(m): 12:55pm On May 09, 2013

No offence intended
What's 'Oga Seun'?? Are u scared of him?He violated his own rule (21) he should be banned too!

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:56pm On May 09, 2013
Foxy_Vista: How about my accounts that were banned restored.

I promise to be peace loving and promote the good of Nairaland from today.

Finally.
Foxy again! How many account you don get now? undecided
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by premlove(m): 12:56pm On May 09, 2013
NeuroBoss: For the first time in a long time Seun's been considerate. Ok
The garrison commander
i like ur comment but i can't just press the like botton
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:58pm On May 09, 2013
Cdspencer: allahuakbar!
A mujahideen on the lose! grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by premlove(m): 12:59pm On May 09, 2013
jadakiss213: What's 'Oga Seun'?? Are u scared of him?He violated his own rule (21) he should be banned too!

yes i support you oya my fellow nairaland let support o
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by jadakiss213(m): 12:59pm On May 09, 2013
Seems this Osewa guy has been taking us for a ride all along..nor be your fault u hear.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by devour129: 1:01pm On May 09, 2013
Went to the gym and came back to meet this,guess majority carries the vote. We no dey primary school abeg. If the heat too much for una wey dey knack head for ground (u know yourselves)make una pack comot.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by nairaman66(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Nonsense talk quoting- Fela.

Seuun is like every typical Politician.. Make a mistake deliberately and apologise as soon as people correct them. He has let down every well meaning NLander be it Christian or a Muslim as he would have done the same to whichever religion that is dictating the pace of NL as we speak. I bet if there was a deactivating handle, I wouldn't have the chance to write this piece.

Conclusively, we all dream of a Nairaland Forum devoid of religious sentiments, tribal differences and jingoism. I believe at some point Nairaland was created to fix these ills. However, the foundations have been crumbled!

To Seuun- Goodluck Islamizing Naira Land.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by networkrecharg: 1:02pm On May 09, 2013
funky medina:

I accept!

seun appologizes. has he now included *do not abuse, scandalise or post unacceptable statements on CHRISTIANITY* as rule 16.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by uchemummy(f): 1:02pm On May 09, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I JUST DEY FLEX HERE[b][/b][color=#550000][/color]
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by kasheemawo(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2013
spywareczar: Please do that, because you really have no idea what I wanted doing on nairaland when I saw that 17th rule, now that its down for good, I will just have to change my mind for peace sake. Thanks

PS: I have already created 10 nairaland accounts and compiled over 200 anti-islam images ready to storm every section, but now that the 17th rule have been taken down, I have no option than to abort my mission.
mtcheeeew
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by premlove(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2013

No offence intended
i love nigerians if u teach them a grammar there will use it against u, mr sharp brain
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by inme: 1:08pm On May 09, 2013
outrage: [size=14pt]seun isn't its obvious that from the replies, the issue has never been the blasphemy against the christain religion but just becuaes special consideration was giving to islam.[/size]

They don't care what you think and say about their religion.. Its a shame, inferiority complex at highest.

GUY STFU

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Christmasdon(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2013
You must not do this type of mistake again. The nairanlanders almost exploded after reading rule no. 17.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ismail012(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2013
And Seun you think what you jst did was right? Why not add another rule that will also protect the christian faithfuls in there forum! Since every religion has its own right to be respected.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by BCIEKano(m): 1:12pm On May 09, 2013
Wise decision we must say.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by omiobo: 1:12pm On May 09, 2013
Foxy_Vista:

grin grin grin grin
You don't know my history

Now I know your history. Old nler wearing a garment of newbie. Pele!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by IseOluwa777(m): 1:13pm On May 09, 2013
@Seun..I see you have struck down rule 17. Let me say this...I was going to say it just before you closed the other thread...and this applies not only to Seun but to everyone...the time comes for us all, when we will find ourselves in the position Pontius Pilate once found himself-damned if you do and damned if you don't. Because of greed...greed to remain in the goodbooks of the murderous rulers of Israel at the time, Pilate condemned a man whom he himself knew was an innocent man. He washed his hands with water...but blood was on his hands...History has it that he kept washing his hands till he ended up in a mental asylum.

A true man will walk by principles regardless of the cost. There are things greater than preserving oneself at the expense of ones integrity.

I know the extremist threat is very real. Extremists will do terrible things for the flimsiest of reasons. How then can you ever placate these people without selling your soul?

So in summary, the real truth is that there is no middle ground because a simple innocent statement from one side is blasphemy to the other and vice versa. Someone suggested closing the religion section altogether. That simplistic solution would have been great if not for the fact that our religions define who we are, how we reason and ultimately how we comment on nairaland. We carry our religions in us..even atheism is a religion...though atheists won't agree.
So the bottomline is if taking a fair, right , proper and true stand will cost me my life, then let it be..but few a courageous enough to take this route.

Personally, I do not subscribe to insulting peoples religions..however, if truth be told, when I say "Jesus is the Lord", it is inherently insulting to those who believe otherwise. Can you see the dilenma?

So there really is no middle ground. The only thing that can be done to manage...just to manage the situation is create " Islam for Muslims" section where non muslims must never speak or be banned.."christianity for christians" section where non- christians must never speak or be banned...and a free for all religion section where anything goes. Also, no thread from all three sections should ever make the frontpage where those unfamiliar with the rules of posting in each section can come from.

3 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by oses4u(m): 1:14pm On May 09, 2013
Letter to Mr Administratort(SEUN) @seun,
we the members of NL commend u for the bold step taken to 'strike down' rule 17 following our nonviolent protest. We all wish to abide by d other rules but still deliberating on rule 21.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Obiagu1(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2013
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by nairaman66(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2013
Bontee: The best thing to do is to create four sub-section . . . Islam. Christian, Atheist and traditional religion. Each sub-section is meant for those who practice those religion while the general one is for everyone to interact with each other. So with this arrangement, there will not be a issue of someone going to a subsection to cause problems or throw insults.

That won't cure the madness man! I could open an account as a Muslim, whereas I am a Christian. The only solution lies with the MOD to use discretion on an offensive comment to any religion. I see a lot of problems attached to this said Rules Of Engagement on NL.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I apologize!
Do u snap at pple lyk dis all d tym?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Seun what you did was to 'strike out' not 'strike down' because you only removed it from the list and modified it in the Islam section where it has been for a very long time but few people took note.

In violation of rule 21 and observation of rule 13, Seun please ban yourself.

I hope you get the message.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by BlueMurder(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2013
Bonapart: its a shame dat upon all ur many words n writing i found no single sense in it n again u don't know the meanin of "fair n just" its a pity

It is not strange that despite your efforts, you were unable to make sense out of his post. Not everyone is blessed with the gift of comprehension. Better luck next time!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Top Ten Football Betting Tips/prediction Sites On Tips180 / 3 Police Officers Returning To Lagos From Edo Election Die In An Accident / Share Your Embarrassing Moment You Felt The Ground Should Swallow You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.