Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,960 members, 7,949,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. (908 Views)

Dickson Commissioner’s Father, Jonathan Loyalist, Defect To APC / Breaking-- Edo Commissioner For Investments And Ppp Dennis Idahosa Joins Pdp / Edo Commissioner Died On Top Of Woman - Ig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 20, 2008
Written by SIMON EBEGBULEMBenin city
Sunday, 20 April 2008
•Father of dead Edo commissioner tackles police IG
FATHER of the late Commissioner of Information in Edo State, Chief Richard Enoma, yesterday, disagreed with the autopsy report announced by the Inspector General of Police, Mr Mike Okiro, that the deceased, Mr Calus Enoma, died of natural cause.

He declared that his son would not have died naturally since he had no history of any form of terminal illness, but however stated that the family would hand over the issue to God, whom, according to him, knows the truth. The commissioner had been found dead in a room at Precious Palm Royal Hotel. Following the controversy that erupted as to the cause of his death, the Inspector General of Police ordered a probe of the incident.

The family, the police and the state government had representatives in the team that conducted the autopsy. After their investigation, Okiro announced last Thursday that the commissioner died of natural cause.

But, speaking to Sunday Vanguard, yesterday, at his Okhoro Road residence, the father of the deceased commissioner, who described the police report as rubbish, insisted that the son was killed by some unknown persons. According to him, though the family would not want to join issues with the police in order not to aggravate the grief, at the right time “the truth will be exposed”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6986&Itemid=42

Could this whole thing be a cover up like the father is alleging?
Could it be that the dead commissioner was killed by some guys?
Or was he killed as a result of his sexual rump?

Do you think the police was right in their findings, or was it another police cover up as usual?
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by Kobojunkie: 9:21am On Apr 20, 2008
The father states that the son had no history of illness but considering what I know of the situation with the Nigerian health system, it is possible that he may have died of an ailment the doctors may have missed. Problem is calling for an autopsy may help give the family peace but that one is a whole nother story.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by RichyBlacK(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2008
I'm sorry but I do not trust the Nigerian police!
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I'm sorry but I do not trust the Nigerian police!

Neither do i!

I've been to Palm Royal before. There's no compulsion for the commisioner to have recorded the name of the girl that was with him in any of the Hotel's ledgers. So how come the police were able to trace a nameless, faceless student?

The story stinks.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 21, 2008
texazzpete:

Neither do i!

I've been to Palm Royal before. There's no compulsion for the commisioner to have recorded the name of the girl that was with him in any of the Hotel's ledgers. So how come the police were able to trace a nameless, faceless student?

The story stinks.

They were able to get that from his mobile phone call records. The faceless girl happened to be the last person he interacted with.
I guess the police would have to make the whole autopsy result and the faceless girl public if they want us to believe the story.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by bayoozee: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2008
His son was a bloody whoremonger. angry
Lived like a dog, died like a dog. angry
End of story.
You think it's coincidence dt Edo chicks populate Italy's prostitute rings?
Those girls got skillsss. He wasn't man enuff. cool
Good riddance to bad rubbish. angry
NEXT!!!!!! grin
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by idupaul: 11:25am On Apr 22, 2008
His son was a bloody whoremonger. Angry
Lived like a dog, died like a dog. Angry
End of story.
You think it's coincidence dt Edo chicks populate Italy's prostitute rings?
Those girls got skillsss. He wasn't man enough. Cool
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Angry

ur jst a punk, so what are u, saint monger?

my friend shine ur eyes that guy was murdered in a complex conspiracy, I only wonder what he did.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2008
idupaul:

your jst a punk, so what are u, saint monger?

my friend shine your eyes that guy was murdered in a complex conspiracy, I only wonder what he did.

Give us clues to this complex conspiracy, so we can shine our eyes.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2008
It is easy to conclude that his death was a conspiracy but I urge us as Nigerians to try to investigate issues before jumping to conclusions such as these. All we know of the man's health is information on him, presented by his own father, that the man was physically fit, all based mostly on information from the same Nigerian doctors we know are not actually as advanced as the rest of the world when it comes to diagnosing illnesses. The man died while mating with a female does not automatically mean people conspired to have him killed. It could all be that he had a medical problem that went undiagnosed and claimed his life eventually.

All this jaguda form of investigating seriously hurts us more than it actually helps us. Why not spend the time calling for improved health care and better forensic science techniques for all to benefit from. We should try to wait to jump to conclusions.
Re: My Son Was Killed - Dead Edo Commissioner's Father. by almondjoy(f): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
Well, well, well!

In Nigeria, just like the world, anything is very possible.

We wish the commissioner's family all the best! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Fashola: Same Old Story. Thief Na Im Full Im Cabinet / Very Funny / I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.