Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:37 PM

Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra (12691 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Meets With Victor Umeh At A Prominent Funeral In Anambra. Photos / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by victorD3: 8:09am On May 12, 2013
[quote author=jaymdee]But Prof. Achebe doesn't want the President to attend his funeral. He made it clear to us! [/q
uote]

Achibe specifically mentioned that to your dumb self?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 8:29am On May 12, 2013
babyosisi: Before nko?
Nnukwu nmadu ka Achebe bu nu
NIgeria has to be well represented like the Ojukwu funeral that was like none other in Nigeria
A great Iroko doesn't fall without the forest vibrating
I can see some people don drink conc sulphuric acid already
Fantastic!
Obafemi Awolowo's funeral in Ibadan in 1987 was the first state funeral in Nigeria. We've not witnessed any like. See the house used in conveying him like that of a British monarch. Guy, no go there.

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Beync(f): 8:30am On May 12, 2013
dayokanu: Who doesnt know Jonathan is jobless

He was seen attending UNILAG VC Sofoluwes burial

Attending Bode Georges house party

Soon he would attend Tonto Dikes album launch
U look more ridiculous than d president u r trying so hard to ridicule.
if in ur deluded life u can never find any good thing abt a person or a particular group of people, ur life must bitter. what happens if you get a job and get a life bigot?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 8:36am On May 12, 2013
Giving honor to whom honor is due, is the prerogative of a responsible leadership. Only the literal illiterates will disagree that this homage of the C-in-C to the interment of our Chinua, the greatest icon of our time, is deserving.

The World knows, apart from my gentle self, that Achebe is to this country, what Niccolo Machiavelli is to Florence. His works stand tall among all giants in literature. Even in death, Achebe deserves, a meritorious presence of the gods, and the presence of the Greatest of all Nigeria's Presidents - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 'Azikiwe'.

May the Soul of the Great Man, Rest Peacefully. So Mote It Be!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Navalsadiq(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2013

that is why we need to keep sentiment aside and vote buhari come 2015.he is the most credible candidate and the right man for the job
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 8:39am On May 12, 2013
Billyonaire: Whoever couches GEJ on the laws of Power is doing a great job. His personal presence at Achebe's burial will be a milestone in his assemblage and glorification of ancestral Igbos. Jonathan has an Igbo DNA, so have I. Apart from these Ancestral linkages, Achebe is a global icon, and I dare say over 80 million people have read his works so he deserves greater respects even in death than during a transient living. I love Achebe's things fall apart more than the Asian theological books cos it tells the story of a people, as is, and as was. May the Great Soul of the Great Man, who lived and died in my times, rest peacefully. So mote it be! GEJ, you have my respect for this giant stride to adore a man, who was more than we know. The Niccolo Machiavelli of our time.
You may be right on your position on Chinua Achebe, that's not my business, but calling GEJ the Niccolo Machiavelli of our time is, to say the least, wrong. Do you know Machiavelli, the author of The Prince and the brain behind The Mafian Manager was? Since I don sabi u u nova say anytin wey make sense.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chino48: 8:41am On May 12, 2013
Naval sadiq: that is why we need to keep sentiment aside and vote buhari come 2015.he is the most credible candidate and the right man for the job

Deluded people. Buhari the most credible So that you backward animals will Islamize Nigeria and start selling bombs on the road rides. Buhari can rule but it is only Arewa Republic and not SE/SS regions.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by chuquiz(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2013
aminho: Tax payers Money don dey suffer for My country

which Tax?, who you dey pay to? taaaa , embarassedgbalagba there

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by fastlane84: 8:45am On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: WHERE THIS ONE COMOT FROM? U DON HEAR BEFORE SAY DEM KIDNAP TOP POLICE OFFICER?

Tru talk..... Even army officers r nt spared
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by kinguwem: 8:53am On May 12, 2013
jaymdee: But Prof. Achebe doesn't want the President to attend his funeral. He made it clear to us!
When?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Capnd143(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2013
What will jonathan ever do that pro-buhari opposition wont critisize, going to a burial of a globally reknown nigerian writer is now a political brohaha! Last time he went to adeboye's church he was critisize, i dnt knw wether going to church is now a political tactics oh!
ACN And their default stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Capnd143(m): 9:00am On May 12, 2013
Naval sadiq: that is why we need to keep sentiment aside and vote buhari come 2015.he is the most credible candidate and the right man for the job
going by your name already you must be a pro-boko haram/ pro-buhari national mistake! Calling a coup plotter, anti democratic character, terrorism kingpin and voilence inhibitor a credible candidates just proves you were born an idiotic ignoramus by Default!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by musiwa27: 9:03am On May 12, 2013
the author will die first before me.. even back to sender..
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Excel23: 9:44am On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You may be right on your position on Chinua Achebe, that's not my business, but calling GEJ the Niccolo Machiavelli of our time is, to say the least, wrong. Do you know Machiavelli, the author of The Prince and the brain behind The Mafian Manager was? Since I don sabi u u nova say anytin wey make sense.
i think he was refering to d writer, achebe not mr president
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 9:46am On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: I SHALL BE THERE TOO AS PART OF HIS SECURITY DETAIL lipsrsealed
make sure u shoot any dayokun eko ile desola d amala seller at site nd off couse surrender boko haram for human ritual
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by victorD3: 9:51am On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:

Did you read his post? No wonder there is mass failure in JAMB

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by NwaNimo1(m): 9:53am On May 12, 2013
Does he have an invite?

Becos if not he better stay away . . .
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chino48: 10:03am On May 12, 2013
Mr. Globe:

^
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Awo died and was buried like a pauper. Even the state burial didn't generate any interest and relevance outside yorubaland. infact, it was jubilation outside yorubaland.

I could still remember quite well that guys were popping Champagne in Onitsha for the death of that coupist, felon and above all suicidal awalowao. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Beautifulemi(f): 10:08am On May 12, 2013
I think the issue should be on how to the give the great Prof a befitting burial and not about giving GEJ a befitting reception. Our leaders should learn to do things in the right way.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Parnassuss(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2013
Billyonaire: Giving honor to whom honor is due, is the prerogative of a responsible leadership. Only the literal illiterates will disagree that this homage of the C-in-C to the interment of our Chinua, the greatest icon of our time, is deserving.

The World knows, apart from my gentle self, that Achebe is to this country, what Niccolo Machiavelli is to Florence. His works stand tall among all giants in literature. Even in death, Achebe deserves, a meritorious presence of the gods, and the presence of the Greatest of all Nigeria's Presidents - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 'Azikiwe'.

May the Soul of the Great Man, Rest Peacefully. So Mote It Be!

Achebe would not take a sweet from GEJ with a pole that stretched acrooss the Atlantic when he was alive, I feel his family have put a dent in his imagine by allowing the govt make such a spectacle of his burial.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by vanstanzy(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2013

"By their comments u shall know them!". U have never made sense before, so i wont be

wrong to expect much from u now. Beats my imagination, why some people will even expect anything sensible to

come out of that "Trash can" u call ur head. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by vanstanzy(m): 11:31am On May 12, 2013
ikwere militant: make sure u shoot any dayokun eko ile desola d amala seller at site nd off couse surrender boko haram for human ritual

Gbam!!! grin
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by vanstanzy(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2013

U ARE DELUDED BIG TIME! Buhari, NEVER!!!!! angry angry angry

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by kalunomics(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2013

am not suprised! hypocrisy and fanatism is a part of your life! Were you not the one hailing buhari for the condolensce visit he paid to awolowo's family and his other visits?

I'll only advice you to keep it up cuz if not for it, i wouldn't have noticed that your tirades and campaign of calumny against Jonathan is borne out of bigotry and trabalism. Disparaging him even when he does execellent jobs that should be applauded!
Keep it up, Cuz i'll happy that soon, ill-informed and gullible Nigerians especially the southerners will all discover what i discovered and vote massively for Jonathan come 2015
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by nosike3(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2013
Ya all mean achebeman is dead? Me n jah rasta ni ga spoked ganjahh this early marning b4 da brake of dawn!! Why he come die? Who ganna pay for tomorrow weed?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 12, 2013
booqee: Who cares??

your mama cares
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by muktarmtt(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2013
visalo: Haters will always kick, nigeria is moving forward. I miss you prof. But you gave us your last gift before you past beyond, There was a country. Torture those betrayer who starve us during the war when you see them
lol u r funny men it's war wat d u expect a hug give me a break
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 12, 2013
victorD3:

Did you read his post? No wonder there is mass failure in JAMB
He may not be refering to GEJ but appears as if he is. How am I supposed to know. If he should write this in an exam, I assure him of failure based on proximity rule. How many times have you sat for JAMB, Okon.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2013
Achebe RIP SIR...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Us President Barack Obama As You Have Never Seen Before! (part 2) / Budget Padding: Group Protests At National Assembly (Photos) / Buhari Can Order Army To Produce His Certificates If They Exist – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.