Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? (2301 Views)

Faith Vs Evidence. Apologetics vs atheism / Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier / Christianity Vs. Islam And The Problem Of Evil by Arnie Gentile Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Yet you believe this grand design was created from Nothing by God?? Isn't that impossible and contradictory?

absolutely non contradctory.
First, science believes the world came out of nothg. Nothg created somethg- the root and foundation of evolution.
There was Nothg then there was somtin- impossible.
The bible never says there was nothg, but says God has always been , this eternal God (no beginng,no end,all knowg,all powerful) - first created Heaven (his abode). Then earth. He created earth Out of Nothing.. Startg the process of wat wud become the universe with his spoken Word!
He God used a process human are aware of:imagine , believe and not doubt, speak (act). This faith process creates physcal reality.
But for the process to b effective a potent force agent must pre-exist. This agent is God's word which comes out of his mouth.
The life in his words created physical reality where there was none.

Throughout the bible this process is repeated.
To get born again - u BELIEVE in ur heart tht Jesus is Lord then SPEAK .. (BELIEVE/SPEAK=CREATES REALITY!).

JESUS looked at fig tree, disatisfied with it, (BELIEVED tht it wud die wen he cursed it) and SPOKE ("no man eat fruit of you henceforth"wink.. (BELIEVE (NO DOUBT)/SPEAK)..
PROVERBS:18 VS 21 "DEATH and life are in d power of the tongue"
hebrews 11 vs 3: "through faith we understand tht the worlds were framed the WORD OF GOD, so that the things which are seen are made of thngs whch SEEN (physcal reality) were not made of things which do APPEAR (Faith and words) cannot b seen."

heb11v6: "by faith it is impossible to please him:..." . God interacts with man on d basis of faith. Faith brings results. Not fear,not pity.

Randomness generated complex systems (absolutely impossible)
there was nonLife which created Life. (a physical stance tht is unreplicatable. Billions of Experiments to confirm this fact HAVE FAILED. LIFE CANNOT COME FROM NON LIFE).

The creator angle isnt a physcl take. It is a Spirit being with beyond humanly comprehendable properties. He instigated d process.
Designed and built the world.
Infinitely more plausble.
Randomness doesnt possess bias or singularity , hence a random process wud have created more worlds all with inhabited equally distinct beings. But tht isnt d case.
God made man. And God gave man his religious instincts which is y men in all cultures and races seek their Maker. But there is a devil who'll lead man d wrong way or feed man lies. Or try to convince man He doesnt need God but cant quench the God seekg urge in man.

Jesus said, if u hav a mountain (a problem , hinderance) you shud apply the faith teknik and d problem will begone.
Sorry, only wrks for BELIEVERS.
Faith is a vast subjct but Nothg can stop it.
The devil, is so against faith,because once ppl know about it, he will b rendered powerless. Thts y he is so out to increase atheism-, take d bible out of public places, mock faith. But the RESULTS of practicing Faith are INCONTESTIBLE..
FAITH IS COOL. GOD IS COOL.
ENJOY LIFE..

1 Like

Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 3:53pm On May 12, 2013
kambo:

absolutely non contradctory.
First, science believes the world came out of nothg. Nothg created somethg- the root and foundation of evolution.
Randomness generated complex systems (absolutely impossible)
there was nonLife which created Life. (a physical stance tht is unreplicatable. Billions of Experiments to confirm this fact HAVE FAILED. LIFE CANNOT COME FROM NON LIFE).

The creator angle isnt a physcl take. It is a Spirit being with beyond humanly comprehendable properties. He instigated d process.
Designed and built the world.
Infinitely more plausble.
Randomness doesnt possess bias or singularity , hence a random process wud have created more worlds all with inhabited equally distinct beings. But tht isnt d case.
God made man. And God gave man his religious instincts which is y men in all cultures and races seek their Maker. But there is a devil who'll lead man d wrong way or feed man lies. Or try to convince man He doesnt need God but cant quench the God seekg urge in man.

Science does not say so. Science does not say the Universe appeared from nothing. And it is contradictory cos Nothing is the absence of a cause, function, object and anything; hence to claim the an absent cause triggers an effect is contradictory. Either its there or its not there.

So your God designer scheme is built on nothing!
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 12, 2013
usisky: As regards the OP. I believe, and do agree that religion in its present context, have birthed more foolishness than Atheism. While, at the same time, do align with the belief that Atheism has contributed the GREATEST foolishness in human evolutionary history. This is quite simply because: as an engineer, it beats my immagination why, a people, who would argue that something as simple as a bicycle could never come into being through Randomness(but rather deliberate design),would yet contend that something as d universe, which is IFINITELY more complex when compared against the simple bicycle ,could've emarged as a product of chance. Where's d consistency? Is not d Existence of our universe equally contingent upon a designer just as d bicycle- When in fact, d universe has greater variables that make d chance notion improbable? Well, this is only my opinion, and it is subject to criticism. Peace!

Evolution is foolishness? lmao

Ironically, you have proven the op right......your religion has blocked your senses. Creationism or intelligent design is bunk
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 12, 2013
Lincoln burrows:

I prefer to be a fool for Christ than being your type of fool. Cos I don't have anything to gain for being an atheist. There is Hope in Christ

So you are good only for the rewards?

lmao........op proven again! Religion breeds more foolishness!
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 4:26pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Science does not say so. Science does not say the Universe appeared from nothing. And it is contradictory cos Nothing is the absence of a cause, function, object and anything; hence to claim the an absent cause triggers an effect is contradictory. Either its there or its not there.

So your God designer scheme is built on nothing!

enlighten me about d scientifc origin of life,d universe, man .
Anybody wt an open mind will see i ddnt say wat ur insinuatg.. "God designer debate built on nothg..". Empty talk. I prefer logical well thought out refuttals .
Not attaks on personality (if God did ths...) or circular questions.
Nobody is forcg views on u. U make ur choice. Awaitg a response.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hahahahaha! Just went through your profile, ur personal text got me laughing. Are u looking for converts? I will give u a clue. Before u get someone converted, u must have made promises of what someone stands to gain in ur beliefs. Example Christianity promises eternal life. Islam promises virgins for terrorists. So what do your own belief offer as promise- just blind arguments.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 5:35pm On May 12, 2013
bizmahn:

This fellow claims to be a theist but certainly not a christian.The utterances says it all.
theist =/= christian
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 5:40pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Nooo!! That's entirely false! In fact most atheists can't accept the belief that a God created the Universe out of nothing. Stop peddling lies
Hehehehe...let me see. So you are saying that atheists believe that the universe did not come from nothing which means it has a creator?

...but wait they don't accept that God(creator of the universe) is the creator of the universe. You people are even more stupid than I thought.

What next will you tell me? that you reject democracy but you accept government of the people by the people for the people?

Go and find your brain where you misplaced it abeg.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 5:42pm On May 12, 2013
kambo:
i understand d meang of universal , how does it make my statement, Illogical?
There's an appeal against incivility by d Mods. In ur reply shw my error and giv corrction , if itheres an error.
go and learn to spell first.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 5:45pm On May 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please go and read on what a scientific paper is.

Secondly, the book that Uswisky presents is hogwash.....just read the scientific reviews of it.
typical fundy atheist.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 5:46pm On May 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

op only asked a question ode. why are you so stupid like this? who jazzed you?
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 12, 2013
Lincoln burrows:

Hahahahaha! Just went through your profile, ur personal text got me laughing. Are u looking for converts? I will give u a clue. Before u get someone converted, u must have made promises of what someone stands to gain in ur beliefs. Example Christianity promises eternal life. Islam promises virgins for terrorists. So what do your own belief offer as promise- just blind arguments.

lol......ignorance is bliss.....

You dont know how many peeps have become atheists here on NL
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 6:40pm On May 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

stupidity is a contagious disease

1 Like

Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 7:09pm On May 12, 2013
4cassava sticks:
Hehehehe...let me see. So you are saying that atheists believe that the universe did not come from nothing which means it has a creator?

...but wait they don't accept that God(creator of the universe) is the creator of the universe. You people are even more stupid than I thought.

What next will you tell me? that you reject democracy but you accept government of the people by the people for the people?

Go and find your brain where you misplaced it abeg.

Noo!! It doesn't necessarily mean the universe was created by God! Some atheists take the Universe to be eternal, some claim a multiverse, some claim some primordial state etc.

1 Like

Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Lincolnburrows(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

U haven't answered the question. The ignorant person here is you who thinks u r wise but u r indeed a fool
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 4cassavasticks: 7:22pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Noo!! It doesn't necessarily mean the universe was created by God! Some atheists take the Universe to be eternal, some claim a multiverse, some claim some primordial state etc.
let us weigh the claims.
1. eternal universe = a stupid idea. the big bang refutes that.
2. multiverse = zero evidence just like the flying spaghetti monster.
3. primordial state = what is that?

Now tell me which of the three bands of foolishness above do you subscribe to?
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Niflheim(m): 9:45pm On May 12, 2013
@kambo,you are the biggest liar on nairaland.You claim that america was founded on christian principles and yet those same christians massacred the red indians and raped their female black slaves!!!
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 9:50pm On May 12, 2013
And you forgot

God create from nothing = the Universe Energy Stars hairnets Angola/Nigeria humans dolphins etc.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Niflheim(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2013
There is no need of wasting time with all these christian hypocrites,they say that it is impossible for something to come out of nothing, yet sadly,if you ask them who created their god,they will tell you that he has no creator.............................hypocrisy is the mother of christianity!!!
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 9:52pm On May 12, 2013
And you forgot

God create from nothing = the Universe Energy Stars hairnets Angola/Nigeria humans dolphins etc.

This is uncontestably illogical and impossible. An eternal universe on the other hand stops making sense cos it is inconsistent with our observations. God creating from voids is a prior nonsensical.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2013
Niflheim: @kambo,you are the biggest liar on nairaland.You claim that america was founded on christian principles and yet those same christians massacred the red indians and raped their female black slaves!!!

you're a pathetc arguer.
Isnt this d same argument u atheist spring up against the bible God?
Fyi, america committed worse atrocoties like d slave trade .
Racism - Martn Luther king jnr was assassinated by some racists zealots in U.s
how does this change how d nation was birthed, the inspiration for it's bill of establishg human rights.. Etc.
Even atheists in amerca know this-and are contestg it.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 9:57pm On May 12, 2013
Niflheim: @kambo,you are the biggest liar on nairaland.You claim that america was founded on christian principles and yet those same christians massacred the red indians and raped their female black slaves!!!

you're a pathetc arguer.
Isnt this d same argument u atheist spring up against the bible God?
Fyi, america committed worse atrocoties like d slave trade .
Racism - Martn Luther king jnr was assassinated by some racists zealots in U.s
how does this change how d nation was birthed, the inspiration for it's bill of establishg human rights.. Etc.
Even more informed atheists in know this.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17: And you forgot

This is uncontestably illogical and impossible. An eternal universe on the other hand stops making sense cos it is inconsistent with our observations. God creating from voids is a prior nonsensical.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by kambo(m): 10:24pm On May 12, 2013

apostle john,
authr of the book of revelations,
descibed gold on d street of heaven being as pure as glass.
Only recently, has man usg advanced science learnt how refine gold to such crystal purity.

How cud john know this ?
Wat wud logicians and alchemists
of his time or even 3 centuries ago hav made of such a report?
They'd say it's Impossible because 2 them they cudnt reason it out.
In essence atheism rest on the idea that "if i cant figure it and i cant explain it , or experience it(5 senses).
it isnt real".
It's a religion of d mind. Ur mind is ur God.
Thts y Atheists hav so many puffy minded , schoool trained academics, in their ranks.
It is also a religion of pride..
Pride at admittg tht uv met somethg u cant intellectually wrestle down - acts of God.
You want God 2 come xplain himself to u.. How he did it.
Sorry, u'll wait a long time. U dnt know enuff to judge.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 10:36pm On May 12, 2013
kambo:

apostle john,
authr of the book of revelations,
descibed gold on d street of heaven being as pure as glass.
Only recently, has man usg advanced science learnt how refine gold to such crystal purity.

How cud john know this ?
Wat wud logicians and alchemists
of his time or even 3 centuries ago hav made of such a report?
They'd say it's Impossible because 2 them they cudnt reason it out.
In essence atheism rest on the idea that "if i cant figure it and i cant explain it , or experience it(5 senses).
it isnt real".
It's a religion of d mind. Ur mind is ur God.
Thts y Atheists hav so many puffy minded , schoool trained academics, in their ranks.
It is also a religion of pride..
Pride at admittg tht uv met somethg u cant intellectually wrestle down - acts of God.
You want God 2 come xplain himself to u.. How he did it.
Sorry, u'll wait a long time. U dnt know enuff to judge.

You still haven't explained how God created from Nothing. Pls explain to us "proud" ppl.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Niflheim(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2013
@kambo, or is it "sambo"(the name white slave masters gave to foolish slaves),so you are telling me that if a book predicts the future,it was written by a god?..............I know of a book written in 1969 which predicted that a black leader will emerge in 2010 and be very powerful globally and his name will be President Obomi.............Google the book,"STAND ON ZANZIBAR" by John Brunner,and stop spreading foolishness on Nairaland.So John Brunner is god because of his prediction?There are 17 other additional accurate predictions in that book.The book is even labelled science fiction till today!!!
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 5cassavasticks: 5:12am On May 13, 2013

Hehehehehe....you slimy little bastard, you still haven't told me how the magic of your universe popping out of nothing managed to happen.

You are also a liar because theists do not say that god created out of nothing but out of his power in the same way that bill gates created Windows OS out of his intelligence.

Your religious fanaticism has eaten all the logical neurons in your brain
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Nobody: 5:23am On May 13, 2013
Seems no one is feeding the abusive troll by answering him cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 5cassavasticks: 5:33am On May 13, 2013
Logicboy03: Seems no one is feeding the abusive troll by answering him cheesy
Seems you have a crush on me.
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 7:27am On May 13, 2013
5cassava sticks:
Hehehehehe....you slimy little bastard, you still haven't told me how the magic of your universe popping out of nothing managed to happen.

You are also a liar because theists do not say that god created out of nothing but out of his power in the same way that bill gates created Windows OS out of his intelligence.

Your religious fanaticism has eaten all the logical neurons in your brain

The 1st problem is I never insulted you nor treated you like a baby.

2nd is don't I seem to disagree the popping out of Nothing scheme?! I never said that was my position.

3rd God created out of his power, of course he used his power, but from what material was existing before?
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by 5cassavasticks: 7:30am On May 13, 2013
Kay 17:
The 1st problem is I never insulted you nor treated you like a baby.
so what? grow a thick skin for your username and stop being a baby

2nd is don't I seem to disagree the popping out of Nothing scheme?! I never said that was my position.
oh i see. What exactly is your position then? Stop shifting goal posts and hiding behind obfuscation screens

3rd God created out of his power, of course he used his power, but from what material was existing before?
Are you saying that matter has always existed forever in the past? if not, if matter began to exist, where did it pop out from and what created it?

I'm really tightening that noose around your neck now aren't I?
Re: Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? by Kay17: 5:18pm On May 13, 2013
5cassava sticks:
so what? grow a thick skin for your username and stop being a baby

oh i see. What exactly is your position then? Stop shifting goal posts and hiding behind obfuscation screens

Are you saying that matter has always existed forever in the past? if not, if matter began to exist, where did it pop out from and what created it?

I'm really tightening that noose around your neck now aren't I?

Hmmmm. . .

What goalpost have I shifted? ? ?

Just accept it, Nothing is unproductive and even God himself can't create from it. If God can do such then his existence is as impossible as creation ex nihilo!!

My beliefs are this: either God created everything else from himself or some primordial state existed in the past of which the universe is a potential of.

Also abstracts like numbers are uncaused.

(1) (2) (3)

The Real "Apostle" Paul / I Saw Myself Unclad In A Dream / Who Should Get My Tithe - The Church Or The Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.