Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,303 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists (11255 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Governors Back NCC Over MTN / White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Onyegecha(f): 8:55am On May 13, 2013
What did these governors say about their people that are trapped in the war-torn Northern Nigeria? Yes i know they are to blame for remaining there but is it really as simple as that? What are they coming back to do? Where are the industries that will absorb them? Is is not high time the governors resuscitated the textile factories, paper mills, shoe industries, agro-based industries, etc which have been comatose for years? What does it take to ensure that the roads in these regions are very good with or without the federal government? All the money these quack leaders siphon out of their state coffers will transform the region and encourage these our brothers who believed the erroneous gospel of one Nigeria and invested heavily in the North to come back home. I wish them success in their new-found love but above all, i wish they will be blessed with the wisdom to understand what true leadership is all about.

WE ARE DESPERATELY IN NEED OF HEROES!!

4 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by AnanseK(m): 9:07am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

Whatever that will put the North where they belong is acceptable.
They need to face reality and come down from their high horse.

After all, Nigeria is in a mess today not because of GEJ but by the actions of the previous leaders of whom the majority were Northerners.

So the majority were northerners? Which means southerners were not absent from Nigeria, At least someone is piping down. The sweeping statement is that North ruled for 50 years,37 years etc.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by AnanseK(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

Merit is on my mind but my priority now is to put these people where they belong, period.

GEJ is not from my tribe.

Even if it means returning a morally anemic ,abysmally corrupt and confused government with no capacity for good governance and moving the country forward?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Okijajuju: 9:10am On May 13, 2013
#Team Fresh Breeze 2015..

#No Retreat, No Amnesty..

#Vote Jonathan or die trying..

#Say no to 'Ndi Born to rule'..

6 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Uziehot(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2013
Who go say him mama soup no sweat. Until u find urself 4 hospital na dia u go knw say some tin in d soup no favor ur stomach. Lets continue 2 praise failure,it wil surely bounce some day.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by tomakint: 9:14am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

After all, Nigeria is in a mess today not because of GEJ but by the actions of the previous leaders of whom the majority were Northerners.
FACT! Your head is a box of wisdom Son of Man!

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Darejyde(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2013
Most Nigerians are getting it wrong, are we suppose to vote for a person becos of his intergrity or becos he is from your state or tribe? If its based on that then we are far from true democracy. My advice is think twice and vote right. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by eagleeye2: 9:15am On May 13, 2013
dgitrader:

Take a tour of SE/SS regions, and take note of all the facilities and institutions that were established since the resumption of civilian rule in 1999. do u still hear shouts of marginalization? fine, this govt isnt doing the best for now, but go and ask people on ground, what are the noticeable difference between this era and that of 3 decades of northern military oligarchies. my dear, it was 3 decades of dark ages for the SE/SS. LISTING THE ITEMS HERE WOULD ONLY GENERATE UNNECESSARY/BIGOTRY ARGUMENTS. ITS TOO EARLY FOR THAT. JUST TAKE A TOUR.

I am on ground in the SE region, that is why I ask you to list them. Ok, to avoid unnecessary/bigotry arguement, can you mention some of them so that I can get a clue or pointer to those sustainable developments. Thank you.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Soso990240(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2013
One_Naira:

To be honest, i think okorocha is the playing the field type of guys. he's always on the fence, looking and trying to figure which would advance him more. I don't get why a man would celebrate his transition to APC yet in an article talking about PDP members in IMO state moved to his party; ironically, the party they listed was APGA thus indicating he still under the party he celebrated he's not part of anymore. now with this situation, he joined politician from political parties he mouthed are "evil" (pdp, apga) to discuss strategy, etc. something is a miss. Okorocha is one of those user type of character. A damn shame behavior for a politician and most importantly Igbo politician.
go take ur medicine joor..they said south east and south south governors,whch Rochas is among..all of dm are frm different party..so,why pick only Rochas out?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by RealMccoy2(m): 9:22am On May 13, 2013
Nigeria is a failed state. Rwanda's GDP per capital in 15 years is way better than that of Nigeria. When will Nigerians finally seat down and discuss their issues? Northerners are not found in western countries, so tarnishing the image of that country does not bother them.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Siraleeyu(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2013
masu: I wish my home state plateau will join.

We are tired of hausa fulani people.
u are a slave
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by lateef4me(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2013
If it's Buhari that the opposition can produce,then GEJ has my vote already !

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Babaofor(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
The same GEJ that promised to step down after his first term?

How could sane Nigerians support an incompetent liar?

Aso rock money don sweet am die, im no wan step down again

Nigerians deserve their condition, for real
ok.who will step into his shoes?Buhari?i don't fink so.GEJ for 2015

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by figment232(m): 9:33am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

u re a big fool

2 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by badmrkt(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2013
Definitely, Republic of Niger Delta + Biafra is possiblel.time to be liberated from!
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by mykemiley(f): 9:35am On May 13, 2013
South South 4 lyf.No dullin joooooooooooor

2 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by toolovely(m): 9:36am On May 13, 2013
One_Naira:

To be honest, i think okorocha is the playing the field type of guys. he's always on the fence, looking and trying to figure which would advance him more. I don't get why a man would celebrate his transition to APC yet in an article talking about PDP members in IMO state moved to his party; ironically, the party they listed was APGA thus indicating he still under the party he celebrated he's not part of anymore. now with this situation, he joined politician from political parties he mouthed are "evil" (pdp, apga) to discuss strategy, etc. something is a miss. Okorocha is one of those user type of character. A damn shame behavior for a politician and most importantly Igbo politician.

The meeting wasn't political meeting. So because the majority ☀f states govs are pdp govs, others frm other parties shouldn't attend the governor's forum meeting?
The meeting was for the region not d parties. Okorocha is from Imo state and d gov ☀f Imo state not d gov ☀f apga. If there's any meeting to move his region forward, why won't he attend?

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:36am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

Cut your nose to spite your face.

I'd hate to know you in real life. People like you are what we call "Evil" around here.

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:37am On May 13, 2013
badmrkt: Definitely, Republic of Niger Delta + Biafra is possiblel.time to be liberated from!

And who's gonna be in this phantom "Rep. Of Niger-Delta"?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by figment232(m): 9:38am On May 13, 2013
One_Naira:

leave SW be. they've chosen who they want to pitch their tent with so everyone should leave their decision to them. stop trying to persuade them. Personally I'm cool with them choosing north.
where did u get ur info that SW have agreed to vote for the North?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Bright90s(m): 9:38am On May 13, 2013
BlackPikiN: Governors of South-South and South East states have condemned in strong terms the various acts of terrorism and their sponsors in parts of the country.

The Governors who gave this condemnation yesterday in a communiqué after a closed door meeting in Asaba condemned the abominable behaviours and antics of some Nigerians and their evil collaborators in assaulting the collective psyche of the nation and commiserated with the president, governments, and victims and their families of this evil act.

They appealed to all Nigerians to be cooperate with government to stamp out these evil acts.

In their words “The meeting was concerned at the condemnable behaviour and antics of some Nigerians and their evil collaborators in assaulting the collective psyche of the nation, by waging various acts of terrorism, the South-South and South East Governors commiserate with President, the governments of all affected areas, the victims, their families and majority of peace-loving Nigerians,” the Governors said, adding that it was important for all law-abiding citizens to join hands with governments at all levels to stamp out terrorism and other evils from the society.”

Briefing the press after the meeting which lasted for about four hours, the Chairman of South-South Governors’ Forum, Governor Liyel Imoke and his counterpart in the South-East Zone; Mr Peter Obi flanked by all the Governors that attended the meeting said, they salutes “the resolute stance of Mr President to confront terror wherever and whenever it occurs in Nigeria,” adding they also commended the President “for his focused leadership and bold, result-yielding transformation agenda, which deserves the unwavering support of all Nigerians and friends of Nigerians alike.”

The Governors emphasised that the laudable achievements of the President in the areas of strengthening democracy, stabilising the polity, growing the economy and improving the quality of life of all citizens continues to unfold.

“The South-South and South-East governors plead with all Nigerians to adopt dialogue and peaceful means to resolve issues affecting the country,” the Governors resolved, adding, “the governors also agreed to work together and ensure regional cooperation in stemming the spate of kidnapping, arson, pipeline vandalisation as well as other nefarious activities in the regions to secure the regions and ensure that the regions remains a conducive environment to attract investments.”

While thanking Governor Uduaghan for been a good host, the Governors stated, “the South-South and South-East Governors agreed on economic and political integration of the old Eastern and Midwestern regions now the South-South and South-East and pledged to strengthen cooperation across the board with particular focus on development of infrastructure linking the region, particularly federal roads.”

“The Governors also pledged to work together to ensure the development of all the ports in the region including the Abia Dry port and called on the Nigeria Port Authority to facilitate the achievements of this objective,” the Governors said, reiterating that while they commended President Jonathan on the extensive rehabilitation and modernisation of the airports across the country, it was important for the Federal Government to establish cargo airports in Owerri and additional deep-sea ports in the regions including Ibaka, Escravos, Agge and also called for the dredging of the Calabar port.

They also, agreed to revive agro-allied industries particularly in palm and rubber plantations to exploit the comparative advantage in agriculture in both regions, adding, “the Governors of the South-South and the South-East states called on the Federal Government to facilitate the full implementation of the Free Trade Zones status amongst the states of the region.”

The meeting which was by Governors Peter Obi of Anambra, Sulivan Chime of Enugu, Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Theodore Orji of Abia and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi States and their counterparts in South-South States; Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta (host Governor), Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Liyel Imoke of Cross Rivers, Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State while Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State was represented at the meeting by his Deputy, Engr. Tele Ikuru with the Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomole conspicuously absent used the occasion to mourn the death of late Professor Chinua Achebe, adding that they sympathized with the people of South-East region and on the death of Professor Chinua Achebe. They also condoled the Achebe family and acknowledged his legacy as a literary giant and international ambassador of the Nigerian culture.

http://www.deltaherald.com/Articles.aspx?id=1715

Rochas okorocha sent his deputy, prince Eze Madumere.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by OneNaira6: 9:43am On May 13, 2013
Soso990240: go take ur medicine joor..they said south east and south south governors,whch Rochas is among..all of dm are frm different party..so,why pick only Rochas out?

my guy, ssssh. mechi onu. Is Edo state not part of SS again? why didn't their governor, who've pitched his.tent with APC, disregard his decision and come join am in this meeting? learn it now and stamp it now okorocha is a user. only a user jumps from one place to another in short period of time, never have his mind made up and going back in his/her decisions. say it with me now " he's a user"
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Zet72(m): 9:43am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I hope u read the report because what u saying is far from what the report said. Or are u also among the beneficiary of free education
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Fantacy1(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2013
Good development if only dey wil be sincere wit dis...
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by OneNaira6: 9:45am On May 13, 2013
Bright90s:

Rochas okorocha sent his deputy, prince Eze Madumere.

you thinking of when SE governors met in Enugu and planned to meet again in Asaba. it is two different situations.

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by jobaskia(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2013
Despotism and incumbency has been our second nature
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by omo9ja1(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2013
well the Governors can say what their Oga at the top want to hear, but come 2015 the electorate will decide who will lead them. God bless Nigeria
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by figment232(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

I'd hate to know you in real life. People like you are what we call "Evil" around here.
On the contrary he is saying d truth

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by RealMccoy2(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Northerners annuled Abiola's june 12 mandate till his death
Northerners killed Tunde Idiagbon
Northerners denied and frustrated Awo till his death
Northerners Accused Diya and top Yoruba generals for plotting a rogue coup
Northerners Jailed Obasanjo
Northerners killed Kudirat Abiola
and the list goes on....
That dude may have a point. I will rather spend a night at a Yoruba muslim's house than a Fulani Muslim, those niggers are nocturnal.

5 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2013
lateef4me: If it's Buhari that the opposition can produce,then GEJ has my vote already !
seriously, I hate buhari with passion, I will vote for any person that he contest against. What in the hell make him believe he must rule Nigeria? Why should any tribe believe that they are born to rule then who is born to serve? I wish they can be barn frm contesting for at least 20years. For those saying that Nigeria is a failed state, what have you done to improve Nigeria in your own little way? We all live in a community and from a family with the exemption of boko haram as the Northerners want us to believe that they don't knw them. If we all improve in our own little way, Nigeria will improve. We shout corruption as if we hv not are angels. Just ask yourself this question '' am I corrupt''? Then listen to your conscience?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 9:55am On May 13, 2013
Small small, slow and steady , we shall get there!

This communique is indeed small but it has serious implications!
The battle line is drawn!

When you see the political leaders of South South and South East coming together to issue communiques together at a time like this; be wise and know that light is ahead of the tunnel!

Our liberation is coming soon. Freedom from internal colonial masters! The Jihardists and their collaborators will soon be put where they belong!

Emm, Ebuka! Ebuka!! Ebuka!!!
Please arrange that isi-ewu for me, I feel like o lala
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Pontaboki: 9:56am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Okay,let us be.We in South East and South East are tired of this hypocritical attitude of some so called Northern Elders.They Support Terror with one Hand and Condemn it with the hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pius Adesanmi "How To Spend Jonathan Era Recovered Looted Funds". / Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful / Osun APC Guber Primaries: Oyetola Raises Alarm Over Stockpiling Of Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.