Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,360 members, 7,920,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:51 AM

Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night (24443 Views)

(PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / Photo: The Abobaku, Man To Be Buried Alive With The Late Ooni / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by codeine123: 10:08am On May 15, 2013
R I P my mentor
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by hisxlency: 10:17am On May 15, 2013
Prof Corruption: Is this not supposed to be in literature or culture section? There is nothing political about night burial.
. Do u mean that it is only political issues that are entitled to front page ?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by ezedolar: 10:18am On May 15, 2013
I will go to that burial so that I can post the peature of a Nairaland wit Achebe corps
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:18am On May 15, 2013
Decapo: 1ST TO COMMENT
and what exactly did u comment?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Okijajuju: 10:20am On May 15, 2013
Burying him at night!! I must be there..
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by protocol(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2013
what were u aware of?
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Mr Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.

May his soul RIP.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:28am On May 15, 2013
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Mr Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.

May his soul RIP.
Prof. Achebe,not Mr.Achebe!That title"Prof."Was •̸№t received by posting on NL gringringrin If only Į̸̸̨ƭ was an english speaking competition.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2013
This is how a full titled man is buried in the Anambra areas,nothing new. The umuokpu will mourn him,soon after the lead mourner wails. Thereafter,he will be buried.
Naa na udo,oke osisi.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by AnanseK(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: Burying him at night!! I must be there..

I hope you come back.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Lilimax(f): 10:34am On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: Burying him at night!! I must be there..
Whatever you see there you take shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Gee001: 10:37am On May 15, 2013
Things hv fallen apart Prof. Achebe and the centre can no longer hold. RIP Sir
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Okijajuju: 10:37am On May 15, 2013
Lilimax:
Whatever you see there you take shocked shocked shocked

As an elder and mouthpiece of the gods, I have to be there.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:39am On May 15, 2013
hmmmmm he died in the state. he spent good chunk of his life lecturing americans, when Nigerians need his genius. he hates Nigeria and yet he will be buried in Nigeria.

Nigeria is truly a cemetery

RIP all the same

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by achi4u(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2013
R.I.P jare.

weather evening,night or day may almighty Jar receives his soul.

AMEN
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by goldfish80(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2013

May his soul RIP.
Last carrier
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:43am On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: hmmmmm he died in the state. he spent good chunk of his life lecturing americans, when Nigerians need his genius. he hates Nigeria and yet he will be buried in Nigeria.

Nigeria is truly a cemetery

RIP all the same
Go and jump into the creek gringringrin. Just a tot

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kennyfellow(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2013
rip prof,,,as u lay to rest may u interside in spirit for the rising sun as u have always did when alive....
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by stankezzy: 10:46am On May 15, 2013
am not confortable with this night burial,as a christian.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by TeenageMoney(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2013

May his soul RIP.

One of those guys that returned from Hell yesterday
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Kx: 10:53am On May 15, 2013

May his soul RIP.

I dont know ur location oga Siena but why is is that every UK based prefixed names with MR and MRS.?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:56am On May 15, 2013
nony30: Go and jump into the creek gringringrin. Just a tot
you can mop oddi river for all i care tongue
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Akshow: 10:59am On May 15, 2013

May his soul RIP.
did you just fall from pluto?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 10:59am On May 15, 2013
brownlord:

It seems you very close to where those ogogoro Italian scientist discovered hell fire some few months ago

You're not making any sense here. Are you telling me EVERY Nigerian around the world was aware Professor Achebe was dead? Try thinking outside your own little circle.

Last edited by Siena at 11:34 AM. Reason: Wrong title given to the great Igbo literary giant.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2013
[size=16pt]THNX GODS HE GOT A TRADITIONAL IGBO BURIAL INSTEAD OF A CHRISTIAN ONE! MASQUERADES/SPIRIT DANCERS ON A BURIAL NIGHT! WHAT AN HONOUR!

I HAVE BEEN CRYING OUT LOUD FOR THIS FOR AGES! NOW HIS GREAT SOUL WILL REST IN PEACE![/size] smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Soso990240(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2013
OP abeg cant u differentiate between evening and night? They said towards evening and not night..u jst wan generate traffic.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:02am On May 15, 2013
Teenage Money: One of those guys that returned from Hell yesterday

One of these teenage mor0ns that is still in Hell, and will forever remain there.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: R.I.P Prof. Chinua Achebe.

May the gods of our forefathers welcome you with arms wide open and put you in your rightful place right Next to Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe and other Great Igbo men that have departed this world before you.

1 TRILLION LIKES!

his soul will go to the Igbo afterlife and look after his beloved people. He won't have to go to the weird jewish places called heaven or hellen or whatever. .
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:03am On May 15, 2013
Kx:

I dont know ur location oga Siena but why is is that every UK based prefixed names with MR and MRS.?

My mistake - Professor Chinua Achebe. Better? smiley

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by magnificentsk(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2013
RIP PROF,to igbos what promises has GEJ made to you guys in other to follow track, it seem as if this man has been promising for the last four years or there about, ruuben abati i need you to accent on these.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos From Alaafin Of Oyo's Naming Ceremony(photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Alfred Akawe-Torkula / Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.