Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,616 members, 7,917,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:40 PM

FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always (24071 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by brainpulse: 2:51pm On May 15, 2013
I believe the FRSC should do their Jobs by telling the various road maintenance agencies to repair and put the roads in top shape. Most of the accidents on Nigeria roads are due to the poor condition of the roads. The road safetiness should begin from the government maintaining the roads rather than using common Nigerians as scape goats and instruments of government and personal extortion.

The FRSC should tell the Government- Things you must do on the road to make it motorable

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 15, 2013
Always travel with your mechanic in case you have issues you cannot fix in the middle of the road. My uncle that works with FRSC said they would soon start ceasing cars without a mechanic.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Decryptor(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2013
They forgot to add a pump-action (chaka-mkpoo) incase you encounter car-jackers, kidnappers and armed robbers
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Okijajuju: 2:57pm On May 15, 2013
jeffizy:
It is clear most people making comments here dont have a car!
A car is a machine and can get faulty at anytime.
And while you are writting grammer about BMW, i will love to ask you if you've seen one run on flat before?

I have driven a 2013 Toyota 4runner that had run on flats. And yeah! I have seen it run on flats as well. So whats your point! Google run on flat tyres and watch the videos to see how it works.
And yeah, mechanical advantage is never 100%, but advicing a driver to carry around water, hydraulics etc is just ridiculous. Why not add ball-bearing, ball-joints, shaft, tyre rod, radiator, spark plugs, e.t.c to the list.

If your car spoil for road, pull over to the side, put out your caution sign atleast 30 - 50 meters away from your vehicle, walk far away for the vehicle to the side of the road and call for help.

4 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Okijajuju: 2:58pm On May 15, 2013
brainpulse: I believe the FRSC should do their Jobs by telling the various road maintenance agencies to repair and put the roads in top shape. Most of the accidents on Nigeria roads are due to the poor condition of the roads. The road safetiness should begin from the government maintaining the roads rather than using common Nigerians as scape goats and instruments of government and personal extortion.

The FRSC should tell the Government- Things you must do on the road to make it motorable

Most of the road accidents in Nigeria are due to bad drivers.

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by akhis: 3:01pm On May 15, 2013
In the face book page, i saw SPARE TYPE. Which item be this again.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by ALIF07: 3:01pm On May 15, 2013
The items listed by FRSC though might seems unfair but you will only appreciate these items when you are desperately in need of then. As accident/incident does not come with prior announcement.

In my opinion, i think its for our own good.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by eagleeye2: 3:03pm On May 15, 2013
I was once stopped by the FRSC officials, and after checking everything and I thought I was good to go. Then one of the guys just said, "Let me see your First Aid Box?" I was like guy na devil all of una be.......First aid for wetin?
At the end, I talked my way out of it, by dropping chop money.

SMH at Op, I still don't have a First Aid Box.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by seunny4lif(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2013
Janiobi: Is condom allowed? wink grin wink, emergency fit happen any time oo... kiss
Na true oooo..They need to include that too oh....Oya emergency condom lipsrsealed lipsrsealed for everybody both men and women kiss kiss
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2013
@op u forgot to mention basket cheesy. Menh VIO arest my dads truck b/cos no basket cheesy the next time they caught him B/cos one of the nut in the wheel of our truck was missing cheesy
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by badrogen(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2013
I hope these are all materials requested by the FRSC? What if they ask another things apart from aforementioned materials and such a driver ve all the materials their require for. What that person(driver) do?
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by obama4osama(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2013
Abbeyme: Publishing this list is commendable but the inclusion of First Aid box and spare fan belt beats my immediate comprehension.
Fellow nairalanders what's ur opinion.

It is highly commendable for a driver to have this listed especially the fan belt. I was travelling for my traditional marriage in Ondo state,family and friends were in the car on our way from Lagos,before embarking on that Journey the mechanic has done an extensive servicing of the car and he even changed the fan belt. I was at Owena when I discovered that the water in my radiator had wasted due to the fact that the fan belt cut suddenly and it affected the radiator.

My wife to be and her family had been calling and they were disturbed when they have not seen us as at 5pm,I regret what happen that day because I have to travelled down to Akure to get the specification, to get the matter worst I got it around N1000. It was not even the money but the stressed we passed through and the engagement was with a mixed feeling because we got there around 6:20pm in the evening.I hope you can learn from my lesson.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by floridam(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
With the list provided they might as well tell us to travel everywhere with our mechanic in the boot.
@pappilo
Lol
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by pappilo(m): 3:36pm On May 15, 2013
obama4osama:

It is highly commendable for a driver to have this listed especially the fan belt. I was travelling for my traditional marriage in Ondo state,family and friends were in the car on our way to Lagos,before embarking on that Journey the mechanic has done an extensive servicing of the car and he even changed the fan belt. I was at Owena when I discovered that the water in my radiator had wasted due to the fact that the fan belt cut suddenly and it affected the radiator.

My wife to be and her family had been calling and they were disturbed when they have not seen us as at 5pm,I regret what happen that day because I have to travelled down to Akure to get the specification, to get the matter worst I got it around N1000. It was not even the money but the stressed we passed through and the engagement was with a mixed feeling because we got there around 6:20pm in the evening.I hope you can learn from my lesson.

Not being rude but you have an old model car probably a 504 like Ikenna. If you drive a BMW X6 or Range Rover Sport like Yuzedo, having most of these items will be of no use as they cant be fitted at the roadside and the car will need to be towed to a garage (Coscharis).

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Decryptor(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2013
30DB4FA6: @op u forgot to mention basket cheesy. Menh VIO arest my dads truck b/cos no basket cheesy the next time they caught him B/cos one of the nut in the wheel of our truck was missing cheesy
Those VIO guys are thieves! angry they extort motorists all over Abuja.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by YuzedoII: 3:44pm On May 15, 2013
pappilo:

Not being rude but you have an old model car probably a 504 like Ikenna. If you drive a BMW X6 or Range Rover Sport like Yuzedo, having most of these items will be of no use as they cant be fitted at the roadside and the car will need to be towed to a garage (Coscharis).
Broooo!!!! shocked shocked shocked How did u no d jips dat I have? Are u a stocker?! Confess! angry

4 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Kx: 3:59pm On May 15, 2013
Fan belt?
At least it is not timing belt.
Does it mean anybody can replace fan belt?
All my years of driving, I have neva had issues with fan belt;but relay has always bn d common cause of over heating. Fixing dat is not a novice territory but an electrician's.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Damojo: 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
if u pass 3mainland bridge,please add pepper spray and screw driver 2 dt list!
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by sylve11: 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
pappilo:
With the list provided they might as well tell us to travel everywhere with our mechanic in the boot.

Haha, i love this part. grin grin cool
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by erico2k2(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
lanetrips:
With the influx of fake fan belts,I think dats necessary.I av had to change my belt 3 times dis yr
what car do you drive?get someone abroad to buy you at least 3.they would be genuine and U wont use them all till the car dies unless ur phlley system is wack
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On May 15, 2013
Kx: Fan belt?
At least it is not timing belt.
Does it mean anybody can replace fan belt?
All my years of driving, I have neva had issues with fan belt;but relay has always bn d common cause of over heating. Fixing dat is not a novice territory but an electrician's.
yep I hear U,U can only fit ur fan belt if U dribe an old car.New cars ava complicated pulley system fitting a new belt aont a job for the faint hdarted some. ars have more than one tensioner
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by otokx(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
These are not backed by law

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by hardbody: 4:23pm On May 15, 2013
Abbeyme: Publishing this list is commendable but the inclusion of First Aid box and spare fan belt beats my immediate comprehension.
Fellow nairalanders what's ur opinion.

I carry all, including first aid box, spare fan belts and spare brake pads. Last 2 decembers, i had a brake pad problem and imanaged to get to Benin. When i asked some guy to help me change the pad, he was speaking from a point of favour, he said i should be interested in the cost of the pad not the workmanship because if i can pay for the pad, he will do the job free. I asked him for the cost of the pad, he said N7k (this was a Montero SUV). I said it was ok. I opened the compartment containing the parts and brought out my spare pads, the guy simply walked away. I had to manage the pad to Asaba and slept over. In the morning i got some guy to come change it and i think i paid him N1k and also got him to get him another spare for my return trip (which i however did not use).

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by erico2k2(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2013
brainpulse: I believe the FRSC should do their Jobs by telling the various road maintenance agencies to repair and put the roads in top shape. Most of the accidents on Nigeria roads are due to the poor condition of the roads. The road safetiness should begin from the government maintaining the roads rather than using common Nigerians as scape goats and instruments of government and personal extortion.

well spoken from a wise one.Sometimes one can bit laugh at how so call bosses of agencies reason.I was once driving from Benin to warri when an FRSC officer flagged me to stop,as I was pullingunto the sboulder of the rd.I saw to cars go past one dont have side mirror to the pas.I senger side and the other has no drv side head lamp.so I asked the officer to tell me the rational pf him asking me to provide proof of rd worthingness wen he can physical see mh car is ok n them ones where not ofcos no answer
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by kepsi123(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2013
If my fan belt cut for road na wheel spanner I go use change am?
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by omodapson(m): 4:30pm On May 15, 2013
I don't understand English o, but is it 'Jack' or 'Jerk' ?
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by hardbody: 4:31pm On May 15, 2013
Okija juju:

I have driven a 2013 Toyota 4runner that had run on flats. And yeah! I have seen it run on flats as well. So whats your point! Google run on flat tyres and watch the videos to see how it works.
And yeah, mechanical advantage is never 100%, but advicing a driver to carry around water, hydraulics etc is just ridiculous. Why not add ball-bearing, ball-joints, shaft, tyre rod, radiator, spark plugs, e.t.c to the list.

If your car spoil for road, pull over to the side, put out your caution sign atleast 30 - 50 meters away from your vehicle, walk far away for the vehicle to the side of the road and call for help.

Bros you obviously do not do long distance travels. All the parts you mentioned do not just spoil, except you do not carry out last minute repairs/checks before you travel. However things like pads, fan belt, etc can give at any point on the way. A towing van may take you to the nearest mechanic workshop but acquiring them especially if you drive state of the art vehicles is not very easy. As for calling for help, let us say you have left Ore behind for 30 minutes and you have a breakdown, coming from lagos, which of your mechanics will you call? just asking

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by hardbody: 4:37pm On May 15, 2013
YuzedoII:
Broooo!!!! shocked shocked shocked How did u no d jips dat I have? Are u a stocker?! Confess! angry

Did you mean to write 'stalker'

Obviously mastery in English language is not part of what you have in abundance

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Smooyis(m): 4:41pm On May 15, 2013
What about Umbrella, in case rain is falling.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Smooyis(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2013
What about Umbrella, in case rain is falling and one is to come out of the car.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2013
how am I sure they won't charge me for overloading if I carry all those items in one car?

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by manny4life(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2013
Some items on the list isn't only funny but priceless, why the hell will u need transmission/ fluids et al? No need for all that but some of others is advisable. In my own car,

1. A spare Tyre and changing kit

2. The battery jump start cord

3. Survival/Misc kits - umbrella, wash cloth (on all doors), LED light, water, small knife, first aid, and pain killer like aspirin.

Many think I'm weird, but I'm not... Things happen and little stuff like this can save you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers / Is Buying A Car Really Worth It?? / Train And Truck Collide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.