Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,324 members, 7,900,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

Building Construction Team Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Building Construction Team Forum (1316 Views)

Structural Design, Building Construction Training Using Staddpro In Lagos / Building Construction Professionals Needed To Rent And Share An Office Space / Pls Any Building Construction Engineer In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 1:59am On May 16, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by Parrotpal(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2013
@ ops, you forget to include town planners .
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by Parrotpal(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2013
There is no much diff btw town planners and urban designer. Thou urban design is a distinct profession but unlike architecture & planning it does nt ve any academic programe on it own. Urban design is presently been practice by both town planners and architect.
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by dorthmaen: 2:13pm On May 17, 2013
Hello guys.It's nice having d forum.I'm a quantity surveyor.As u know,we are the financial experts for the construction industry.

2 Likes

Re: Building Construction Team Forum by Parrotpal(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2013
dorthmaen: Hello guys.It's nice having d forum.I'm a quantity surveyor.As u know,we are the financial experts for the construction industry.
You are welcome onboard. Am also a Town planning student: the custodian of the environment.
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 11:05pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by ajayioluwatobi(m): 11:22pm On May 18, 2013
nice thread am a builder in the making.... i will be back with questions.
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by automine(m): 5:47am On May 19, 2013
please can anyone in the house help with information on how best to get certification in building and construction; local and international, first degree MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by emmansqs: 10:43am On May 19, 2013
Parrotpal:
You are welcome onboard. Am also a Town planning student: the custodian of the environment.
am also a QS
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by emmansqs: 10:49am On May 19, 2013
A bill of quantity is a document which lists the quantity of materials,workmanship and cost required to carry out a project in accordance with a measurement code.
While
Specifications are short and clear sentences which describe the size,quality and quantity of materials
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 12:17am On May 20, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by emmansqs: 10:23am On May 20, 2013
If specification lacks details it might affect but while building one should be in steady contact wit d Qs that is where u need a bill of quantity.
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by temmytujay: 8:10pm On May 21, 2013
Hello Y'all.. I am a Graduate of Architecture from the University of Jos..
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 2:11am On May 23, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 2:18am On May 23, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by mutaalim(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2013
yes since when
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by stepkee: 5:16pm On May 24, 2013
Hello guys am an ND holder pursuing my BSc in ESUT any architect in d house?[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 12:13am On May 25, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by miz4oxley(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2013
I am a Quantity Surveyor, not practising at the moment, but still working in the construction field as a Project Manager and Supervising Engineer. Since graduation and after NYSC, I couldn't get a QS firm appointment which has taken my career out of the profession, but I still do most of the QS jobs for my coy. Prepare Bills, Variation claims, Project Management to the pitch, Project Supervision with other stakeholders involved etc. I'm also going into Construction Safety, where I can be employed as a Construction Project Safety Consultant. My line of career has since inception digress to other jurisdiction of duties, but still in line with my qualification as a QS. Any QS in the house who's not in a QS firm and still enjoying your career? Let's get talking, what softwares or courses you think can help have your way in our profession.
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by djchukwy(m): 8:54pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by mutaalim(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2013
miz4oxley: I am a Quantity Surveyor, not practising at the moment, but still working in the construction field as a Project Manager and Supervising Engineer. Since graduation and after NYSC, I couldn't get a QS firm appointment which has taken my career out of the profession, but I still do most of the QS jobs for my coy. Prepare Bills, Variation claims, Project Management to the pitch, Project Supervision with other stakeholders involved etc. I'm also going into Construction Safety, where I can be employed as a Construction Project Safety Consultant. My line of career has since inception digress to other jurisdiction of duties, but still in line with my qualification as a QS. Any QS in the house who's not in a QS firm and still enjoying your career? Let's get talking, what softwares or courses you think can help have your way in our profession.

Why can't you try and register for your professional exam so as to be qualified. (charted QS) most likely writing my exams next year by God grace
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by miz4oxley(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2013
I'll register soon Boss! But, I'm not working in a QS firm Bro. And, I want to believe I need to be under a QS firm to do so?
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by mutaalim(m): 2:16pm On May 27, 2013
^^^^^^^^Not necessary obtain your form online, print fill and go to NIQS office for submission i.e registration first
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by miz4oxley(m): 11:45pm On May 28, 2013
I'll asap Bro. Thanks, and what's the site address Bro?
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by emmansqs: 9:27am On May 29, 2013
Mutalim have you submittedd ur form? Graduateship or TpC?
Re: Building Construction Team Forum by mutaalim(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2013
Am writing tPc, google to get the webaddress

(1) (Reply)

SAP Training Study Materials / Chevron Jobs / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.