Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:48 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (28003 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by hotwax: 2:14pm On May 21, 2013
Kunlegzy: jose is just a lousy, stubborn, trouble making and controversial coach, yes successful but not good for the image of Manchester United, we live and thrives on our brand, we dont need a coach that lack good reputation, coach that poke other coaches nose and so on. he should go to chelsea and exhibit its toutish talent.

Fergie is worse than Mohrinho. Its only old age that is caging Fergie.
Big coaches are always aggressive.

We all know how English referees are afraid of Fergie.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 21, 2013
I don here u my guy, meself no get strength to fight.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: why is it so difficult for some people to face the reality and say the simple fact for once
Chelsea and Man U played 5 times out of it Man U won just 1 chelsea won 3 and draw one
is this not enough reason for u to know that chelsea is better of Man U for this season
and come to think of it chelsea played more games than any premiership club this season
and for ur info.europa is bigger and more recognize than any domestic cup
for those that calling europa a loser if i may ask hv u ever seen loser with a trophy
cos if u think it is a loser cup remember that man u,madrid and barca have been in loser compution b4
if u can remember chelsea won maldrid 2-i to win their first European cup in 1971
if u re in doubt ask google.
Dude, so because Tottenham won Man Utd at Old Trafford and drew Man Utd at White Hrat Lane means Tottenham had a better season than Man Utd. Success is not measured that way, sir. Moreover, using your logic, Chelsea won Utd two times in premiership this season but Man Utd still went ahead to win the league with four games to spare while Chelsea was scrambling just to qualify for UEFA Champions League. What does that tell you?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

Being afraid of a legend is understandable bro.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2013
sheymoni: Whoever finishes 1st in the Premiership nets between £30 - £40 million. This is based on £10 million prize money, £10 million for just being in the league, £300,000 for every TV game, overseas sponsorship and TV deals equate to about £4-£5 m...
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_cash_prize_f...See entire page »
comparing Europa league of 5,000,000 total prize with the Epl is the joke of the Year
bro this one self is even old, ask them to check the latest above
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2013
aaronson: For sure I understand man u fans are hating but they all should go sit at old trafford and wait for chelsea to give a finger in the middle,chelseafc won the second most prestigious cup in club football,matter of fact we too ambitious for bigger dreams than settling for a local cup....This simply means man u is famous locally but chelsea is respected globally.
FYI, the premiership is the most watched league in the world and Man Utd won the most watched league in the world. Man Utd also has more fans than Chelsea in the world. Man Utd commands more respectt than Chelsea, bro.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

u might be aggressive but there is a limit to everything, his always in the news for wrong reasons, besides aggression differs from engaging other coaches in fights,thats too pathetic
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
What can be more little than competing with the likes of Wigan, southampton and stoke city?
you really don't know a thing about prestige. Why would Peter Cech,Sir Alex Ferguson,Alen Padew and Andre villas Boas tagged europa league a punishment and prays never to play it again? AVB still regrets going far in Europa and missing out on champions league playoff.nobody values that trophy. Even coaches tells you that winning you domestic championship is sweeter than UCL when you put into cognisance the number of matches played within 8months. Didn't you notice the poor atmosphere at all the europa match venues. Don't negate facts brother you ain't more experienced than the players and coaches that tagged it third tie cup. Okay Third class certificate is better than HND upper credit?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by hotwax: 2:30pm On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: I don't even get an inch of wat u're saying. Please rephrase that ur crap.

May be you need an English interpreter to translate it to your zulu language
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by hotwax: 2:33pm On May 21, 2013
chidindufrank: you really don't know a thing about prestige. Why would Peter Cech,Sir Alex Ferguson,Alen Padew and Andre villas Boas tagged europa league a punishment and prays never to play it again? AVB still regrets going far in Europa and missing out on champions league playoff.nobody values that trophy. Even coaches tells you that winning you domestic championship is sweeter than UCL when you put into cognisance the number of matches played within 8months. Didn't you notice the poor atmosphere at all the europa match venues. Don't negate facts brother you ain't more experienced than the players and coaches that tagged it third tie cup. Okay Third class certificate is better than HND upper credit?

Cool story. But you have not convince us why a local league (EPL) is better than EUROPA league (international/continental).

Do you know how many people watch a continental league and local league?

Simple 1+1, you dont know. Nawa for you ooo.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

May be you need an English interpreter to your zulu language
is that tin u wrote English? Or were u hallucinating?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by hotwax: 2:35pm On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: is that tin u wrote English? Or were u hallucinating?
Chale, its English. May be you need a class on character recognition.

Now back to primary 1.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dvcol: 2:35pm On May 21, 2013
jiggar: I was wondering, if the europa cup was not important, how come manu and arsenal fans were seriously praying for chelsea to lose to benfica?
How come so many haters of chelsea, still tuned in to watch the match?
How come chelsea is the first club in history, that would win the champions league and europa league within a year?
How come since last year, chelsea was the only club from england, winning trophies outside of england?
Finally, how did chelsea become the true "pride of London" ?
I need answers please.
ok kid..chelsea is d only team 2 have won d UCL and bowed out from d group stages d ff year..#stupid secondly,FC Porto won Uefa cup 02\03 n UCL 03\04..d "Pride of london" tag is self giving..No organised body gave dem that tag..D rest of your questions are stu.pid..questions.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

Cool story. But you have not convince us why a local league (EPL) is better than EUROPA league (international/continental).

Do you know how many people watch an continental league and local league?

When putting continental league, pls tag europa to it. Are u trying to tell me Europa league av gat more audience compared to the EPL?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 21, 2013
misterh: The similitude is like a student that was in medicine but because he could not cope with the rigours of medicine, he crossed to a Sociology and he came top of the class. Because he came top, he now believes he's more successful than a student who intended and studied Law and came top of his law class. Tell me who's more successful between the two.
very good analysis.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by maigemuu: 2:41pm On May 21, 2013
try69: Well..I and my friends engaged in an instant discussion on BBM group chat after chelsea's triumph yesterday night.

As a blue fan I was like "chelsea had a more successful season for winning a european trophy compared to Man U who won a domestic one".

My Man U friends were quick to bash me saying "The EPL is more a gracious trophy to the EUROPA".

I needed to bring this here to get a wider view point.

My analysis scale was UCL - EUROPA - DoMEsTIC. Just like PRESIDENT(UCL) - VICE PRESIDENT(EUROPA) - GOVERNOR (DOMESTIC) grin grin

What's your opinion?

My candid opinion be say una no get work.una mates dey apapa wharf dey work...una dey do busy body about wetin no concern una...

if you ask me...na who i go ask?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:
Chale, its English. May be you need a class on character recognition.

Now back to primary 1.
u've finally clearified my thoughts that u're a lame dude. U came in with a bang, now crawl out.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
What can be more little than competing with the likes of Wigan, southampton and stoke city?
the same wigan is relegated now but they are going to play in europa league next season and a relegated birminham also played in dis ur so called europa league after they were relegated frm the premier league.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dvcol: 2:57pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

its u that doesn't know anitin..somebody is educating u;ure busy saying sumfin else..its only a fo.ol that will still argue with coaches n players who have said they don't wish 2 ever compete in d Europa..Even Cech said it not too long...that's 2 tell u d value placed on d Europa...#ah know its hard 2 convince some1 who has made up his\her mind..buh its your choice.u can continue in ignorance..#bye
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kgdavid(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2013
yall can go on all day trading words and opinions but here are a few facts that ought to set the record straight. enjoy.

Champions League

Prize Money 10.5 mil

TV rights 400 mil

History 1955

Europa League
Prize Money 5 mil

TV rights 196 mil

History 1971

Premier League

Prize Money 15mil

TV rights 3-5 bil

History 1888

in other words this is aridiculous argument instigated by desperate chelseaa fans. Premier league is 20 times more important than the Europa league.

3 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2013
they re not in the same category,i can only agree with u if u re only trying to compare europa and european champions league or FA cup and premiership. grin
Nashoji: very good analysis.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by endibe(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2013
Oh manu had a better season, europa league is falure's cup aka compensation. I wish not to play in europa league again by peter cech
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2013
good one bro smiley grin
dvcol: its u that doesn't know anitin..somebody is educating u;ure busy saying sumfin else..its only a fo.ol that will still argue with coaches n players who have said they don't wish 2 ever compete in d Europa..Even Cech said it not too long...that's 2 tell u d value placed on d Europa...#ah know its hard 2 convince some1 who has made up his\her mind..buh its your choice.u can continue in ignorance..#bye
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 3:08pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: why is it so difficult for some people to face the reality and say the simple fact for once
Chelsea and Man U played 5 times out of it Man U won just 1 chelsea won 3 and draw one
is this not enough reason for u to know that chelsea is better of Man U for this season
and come to think of it chelsea played more games than any premiership club this season
and for ur info.europa is bigger and more recognize than any domestic cup
for those that calling europa a loser if i may ask hv u ever seen loser with a trophy
cos if u think it is a loser cup remember that man u,madrid and barca have been in loser compution b4
if u can remember chelsea won maldrid 2-i to win their first European cup in 1971
if u re in doubt ask google.
okay! We played 5times, let's play a little
AlL were domestic matches
EpL: 1st Leg: cheLsea 2-3 man united
Second Leg: man united 0-1 chelsea (did cheLsea win d epL with dis? No! Who did? UNITED grin)

CarLing cup: Stanford bridge: cheLsea 5-4 man united (did chelsea win d carling cup with dis? No! Who did? LittLe swansea and dey aLso knocked u guys outgrin)

FA cup: first Leg: man united 2-2 chelsea
Second Leg: cheLsea 1-0 man united( did cheLsea win d cup with dis? No! Who did? Wigan, and who did wigan win, dey won d same peopLe dat knocked u guys out)

Can u tell me what happened wen we met in europe(d champions League) both in d semis and finaL, I'm waiting

Like I said b4, giggs is more successfuL dan cheLsea as a whoLe if we wanna talk abt cups and medaLs
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2013
tottenham didnt win any trophy but chelsea did and also knock u out in 2 domestic league so ur comparism was wrong but i agree with u that success is been measure by achievement which chelsea is one of them if not for other season but for this season and moreover chelsea played more games in this past season than man united as in played more and more games than united though i respect united cos it still remain number one in England but i am bleeding blue and am proud of it no matter what grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
misterh: Dude, so because Tottenham won Man Utd at Old Trafford and drew Man Utd at White Hrat Lane means Tottenham had a better season than Man Utd. Success is not measured that way, sir. Moreover, using your logic, Chelsea won Utd two times in premiership this season but Man Utd still went ahead to win the league with four games to spare while Chelsea was scrambling just to qualify for UEFA Champions League. What does that tell you?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 3:20pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax:

cooL story too.. Nau answer simpLe yes or no, wilL u settLe 4 d europa League next season since its internationally recognised? And if ur team were 2 be on top of d Log, wud u want dem 2 drop points so dat we d local champions will overtake dem and win d locaL cup, wud u like dat? A simpLe yes or no, no narrate story 4 me
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2013
no time man see ya grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dbase less point
dopeJemi: okay! We played 5times, let's play a little
AlL were domestic matches
EpL: 1st Leg: cheLsea 2-3 man united
Second Leg: man united 0-1 chelsea (did cheLsea win d epL with dis? No! Who did? UNITED grin)

CarLing cup: Stanford bridge: cheLsea 5-4 man united (did chelsea win d carling cup with dis? No! Who did? LittLe swansea and dey aLso knocked u guys outgrin)

FA cup: first Leg: man united 2-2 chelsea
Second Leg: cheLsea 1-0 man united( did cheLsea win d cup with dis? No! Who did? Wigan, and who did wigan win, dey won d same peopLe dat knocked u guys out)

Can u tell me what happened wen we met in europe(d champions League) both in d semis and finaL, I'm waiting

Like I said b4, giggs is more successfuL dan cheLsea as a whoLe if we wanna talk abt cups and medaLs

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by kwaraguy(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2013
Petr Cech prays never to be involved in the Europa competition again for the rest of his career.

#think#about#that#
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2013
u re de man,i gat so much respect for ur club too but my own club is also trying to meet up.
Rehnoy: I don here u my guy, meself no get strength to fight.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 3:30pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: no time man see ya grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dbase less point
lol! Did i run u outta words? Sorry boy, I just wanted u 2 see dat d matches u guys won against us had no impact at d end, no fruitfuL resuLt, so wats d point grin grin I'm out
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 3:33pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: u re de man,i gat so much respect for ur club too but my own club is also trying to meet up.
nau u talking, mah no lie, I like cheLsea 2 buh na d fans dey vex me, later things
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by JMystique(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2013
Since the Europa Leagues has now become so appealing y dnt u chelsea fans tell mourinho 2 drop out of the group stage of the CL nxt season so u can win it again.....next thing i know swansea will say they had a better season than Man u cos they won Carling cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Borussia Dortmund UCL (2 - 0) On 7th March 2023 / Meet English Premier League Nike Merlin / Ajax Vs Chelsea : UCL- (0 - 1) On 23rd October 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.