Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,163 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Do Choice Of Course In School Guarantees Success In Life? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Choice Of Course In School Guarantees Success In Life? (476 Views)

Law School Records 71 Per Cent Success In Bar Final Exams / Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? / What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Choice Of Course In School Guarantees Success In Life? by eyenCalabar(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2013
Some people believes that you have to go to school to be a success in life. While some don't just believe in the school alone but doing a good course of study e.g. Medicine and Surgery ...yes! I'll become a Doctor/Surgeon; or Petroleum Engineering ...yes! I'll work with Shell/NNPC/Chevron, and so on. The other says: study law? No dad!!! You want me to become a charge and bail? How many lawyers in this town are a success? Or let's say a course like Political Science and the other fellow says, no I can still study Banking and Finance and switch into Politics should I can't sit 10-12 hours a day in a bank. Afterall, being a Politician doesn't necessarily require studying politics in school. Question, how then can one really harmonize education with success? Does a course one studies in school determines if he/she is going to be a success/failure in life? Do people always become/practice what they studied in school to make them a success? Do we really have to study a particular course because we want to become something particular in future? Or is becoming a success pre-determined? What are those success determinants exactly? Let's just assume that there is no inherited success here.

(1) (Reply)

Common Nigerian Grammatical Blunders / Policeman Fires At UI Student On UI Premises / Ilorin Youths Organised Free Summer Lesson; They Also Distributed Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.