Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,487 members, 7,968,343 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:21 AM

Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe (27230 Views)

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa / State Of Emergency May Be Declared In Borno, Yobe, Others / IGP, 3000 Policemen For Jonathan’s Visit To Borno, Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 9:55pm On May 16, 2013
MERCY? The only mercy they should give them is kill them softly

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by jude33084(m): 9:59pm On May 16, 2013
Men dεy vex for hia i swear grin
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by pmc01(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2013
It is really amazing but not surprising how delighted majority of the Christian Southerners are about the 'military invasion of the north' in the name of 'state of emergency'.
They say: 'kill them all', 'crush everything that is moving', 'spare no living thing, even animal and plants', 'I will readily join the military in the killing', 'destroy their land', 'send in drones to finish them all' e.t.c.
So the lives of the people of a certain region of a country aren't that relevant, even though they have contributed majority of the food that have kept us going till today, just because there are a few bad eggs amidst them? No thought for the innocent ones?

There are two things I have in mind, a wish & a fact:

>I hope Mr. GEJ will be 'concerned' enough to send in the military invade the South-East to deal with the incessant kidnapping cases there.

>These heartless 'Nigerians' will suffer the same punishment as the so-called 'BH' killers before God, since they all share a passion for killing.

CHIKENA!

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 10:02pm On May 16, 2013
The only reason this AHOLES got so much noise is because there are some powerful politician behind them. Flush out who is behind them knuckle heads. and let the soldier do some target practices with their man hood. with rubber bullets for couple of weeks. and throw them all in the ocean and let them drown. so the sea animals can have them for lunch.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 10:04pm On May 16, 2013
alemunile: The only reason this AHOLES got so much noise is because there are some powerful politician behind them. Flush out who is behind them knuckle heads. and let the soldier do some target practices with their man hood. with rubber bullets for couple of weeks. and throw them all in the ocean and let them drown. so the sea animals can have them for lunch.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Katier00(f): 10:06pm On May 16, 2013
Policewoman: I LOVE This.
wat a mean thing to write
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Airforce1(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
They'll be treated with Biafran-style, no man's land

Lol they've officially become Nigeria's enemy

U deserve' to be banned u dis fat frog

2 Likes

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 10:11pm On May 16, 2013
sorry you all feel that way. but what about innocent soul they kill. nysc that went to serve and came home in parts. all little kids that went to church. with parents and got kill. tell me what did they do to deserve that? I have no mercy to terrorists PERIOD. Nigeria already have enough problem that we at hand. so sorry if I offend anybody. but I have no mercy for them.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 10:14pm On May 16, 2013
pmc01: It is really amazing but not surprising how delighted majority of the Christian Southerners are about the 'military invasion of the north' in the name of 'state of emergency'.
They say: 'kill them all', 'crush everything that is moving', 'spare no living thing, even animal and plants', 'I will readily join the military in the killing', 'destroy their land', 'send in drones to finish them all' e.t.c.
So the lives of the people of a certain region of a country aren't that relevant, even though they have contributed majority of the food that have kept us going till today, just because there are a few bad eggs amidst them? No thought for the innocent ones?

>I hope Mr. GEJ will be 'concerned' enough to send in the military invade the South-East to deal with the incessant kidnapping cases there.

>These heartless 'Nigerians' will suffer the same punishment as the so-called 'BH' killers before God, since they all share a passion for killing.

CHIKENA!
Correction sir, Southern Christians are not delighted about the military Invasion, rather Nigeria as a Nation is speaking their mind that we are tired of being hunted down by a particular sect,threatening the peace of our Nation.
Have you ever wondered how many lives have been lost due to BH?
H(the figure is over 2000 innocent civilians like you and I)
Have u forgotten the Dec 25th- Xmas day Mandala Bombing so fast.( I don't mean to incite anyone)but the fact is the country at war with terrorism & we can't sit back watch them use us as Bomb guinea pigs.
Now I knw the feeling why american soldiers are celebrated wen returing from Iraq.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Israel5(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2013
GOD please protect my uncle and brother-in-law, protect Mr. Ahmed but let him break his right hand in this war, victory to nigeria forces, yrotciv to bokoharan. ijn..amen!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Biodup: 10:21pm On May 16, 2013
ibere ogun lanmo akimo ipari, boko haram will become history soon
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ABAKA72(m): 10:22pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe: I'm really worried with the recent turn of events. The potential loss of innocent civilian lives from military airstrikes and related "projections of hard power" may make Baga look like a carnival.

I fear that Goodluck Jonathan, in an attempt to avoid being seen as weak, may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Boko Haram is a fragmented, shadowy sect. Insurgents such as BH can NEVER be defeated in open, attritional warfare.

My view remains what it has always been: This security threat can only be curtailed with superior intelligence gathering, coupled with an intensive campaign to win hearts and minds which will involve a combination of witness protection (for BH members willing to defect and provide valuable information) to provision of emergency social services for affected communities, to investment in emergency public works programmes to create jobs for the unemployed, to the commitment of special funds for the restoration of Lake Chad.

The government must work to induce potential defectors to come forward with valuable information on who the backers and financiers of BH are, and in exchange such defectors can be offered amnesty as well as witness protection for them as well as their families.

By doing these, you can show the indigenes that you're really concerned about their welfare (thereby increasing government goodwill and reducing local sympathy for the BH cause).

But as long as Jonathan continues with this heavy-handed approach, I fear the war will continue for years to come.

P.S: Meanwhile, what is being done about the borders?
shut the fuk up. let the war continue forever provided it is in the north east, I don't have sympaty for the civilian population, Boko haram could'nt have survived for so long without their support, they should have done the right thing earlier by assisting JTF.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 16, 2013
These is a very nice one ride on its long over dew
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 16, 2013
zubzero: Now thats what i call military tactics. . . Now lets see if their defense wont crumble without communication!!! Gen Chris olukolade, you're a smart one sir!!!

Do you think a sect with that sophistication wouldnt have a means of communication.... maybe not among the foot soldiers but the commanders might be using some form of communication (dont wanna mention in order not to give any of their member ideas if they are on nairaland)
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 16, 2013
ABAKA72: shut the fuk up. let the war continue forever provided it is in the north east, I don't have sympaty for the civilian population, Boko haram could'nt have survived for so long without their support, they should have done the right thing earlier by assisting JTF.

You really had to quote me TWICE to make your ignorant comment, right?

It is people who make comments like yours that are most responsible for the problems we face. "Provided it is in the north east" can you imagine how stupidly selfish that statement is? What would you have said or done if you were an indigene of Borno?

You talk about "assisting JTF", in what way exactly? By coming out in public? What safeguards have the govt put in place to protect those who are courageous enough to say what they know?

By the way, have you forgotten what happened to the uncle of BH founder Mohammed Yusuf? For your information, he came out of hiding and met with former president Obasanjo. Do you know what happened to him? That's right, he was KILLED.

I maintain my stance: Until the federal government begins to truly utilize more of intelligence and less of brute force, the war against Boko Haram will NEVER be won.

Take it to the bank.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by OdionOdion: 10:42pm On May 16, 2013
A wonderful military tactics,afterall telephone is the invention of western education,which boko haram is against.i will be very happy to hear boko haram using their phones
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by cosify: 10:48pm On May 16, 2013
I hope it will not worsen the security situation of the crisis states.This is because if you want to impede communication between and among criminals,the easy communication between and among law enforcement agents and other government officers will be affected.But it seems the best possible option for now.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by MiloRambaldi(m): 10:49pm On May 16, 2013
pmc01: It is really amazing but not surprising how delighted majority of the Christian Southerners are about the 'military invasion of the north' in the name of 'state of emergency'.

CHIKENA!

Sadly, the North brought this upon itself. Generally, from the utterances of the Northern elites and passiveness of the majority it became clear to all that the region overall supports the BH militancy and their violent method to discredit the FG. While BH is predominately just radical Islam, it found support from the North in general for political reasons. Supporting BH may have looked smart when GEJ tried the mild 'policing' approach to the insurgency. Now that GEJ has declared SOE and thus war on BH, there can be only one winner - the FG. Seems the Northern elites picked the wrong side supporting the terrorists, hoping they'll discredit GEJ and his gov't to give the North a way back to power.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe: I'm really worried with the recent turn of events. The potential loss of innocent civilian lives from military airstrikes and related "projections of hard power" may make Baga look like a carnival.

I fear that Goodluck Jonathan, in an attempt to avoid being seen as weak, may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Boko Haram is a fragmented, shadowy sect. Insurgents such as BH can NEVER be defeated in open, attritional warfare.

My view remains what it has always been: This security threat can only be curtailed with superior intelligence gathering, coupled with an intensive campaign to win hearts and minds which will involve a combination of witness protection (for BH members willing to defect and provide valuable information) to provision of emergency social services for affected communities, to investment in emergency public works programmes to create jobs for the unemployed, to the commitment of special funds for the restoration of Lake Chad.

The government must work to induce potential defectors to come forward with valuable information on who the backers and financiers of BH are, and in exchange such defectors can be offered amnesty as well as witness protection for them as well as their families.

By doing these, you can show the indigenes that you're really concerned about their welfare (thereby increasing government goodwill and reducing local sympathy for the BH cause).

But as long as Jonathan continues with this heavy-handed approach, I fear the war will continue for years to come.

P.S: Meanwhile, what is being done about the borders?

What did you think the amnesty offer is all about??

boko-haram blatantly refused to be helped!!!

if you open doors for them to come to you through stuffs like "defector protection" and shitt like that; trust me, they will use that to attack u!!

In other news; my brother is in the military (81 motorized brigade) under special weapons and tactics.

I haven't seen or heard from my brother in close to a year.
They were part of the elite squad that was picked for 6 months intensive combat training before getting deployed to the North.

WHEREVER YOU ARE BRO; WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.
MAY GOD GUIDE AND PROTECT..... KILLLL EM ALLL !!!!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Samdul: 10:51pm On May 16, 2013
people wishing death 4 all d people living in dis state,are worst dan BH,dia hearts r clouded wt hatred 4 d muslims.my own wish 4 dem is may dey find demselvs in a situation where dey are innocent bt dia innocence will nt avail dem.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ABAKA72(m): 10:56pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe:

It is people who make comments like yours that are most responsible for the problems we face. "Provided it is in the north east" can you imagine how stupidly selfish that statement is? What would you have said or done if you were an indigene of Borno?

You talk about "assisting JTF", in what way exactly? By coming out in public? What safeguards have the govt put in place to protect those who are courageous enough to say what they know?

By the way, have you forgotten what happened to the uncle of BH founder Mohammed Yusuf? For your information, he came out of hiding and met with former president Obasanjo. Do you know what happened to him? That's right, he was KILLED
I maintain my stance: Until the federal government begins to truly utilize more of intelligence and less of brute force, the war against Boko Haram will NEVER be won.

Take it to the bank.
you can go fuk yourself for all I care, it's already in the bank. groups like Boko haram can't survive without the local population behind them, take that also to the bank. let the war continue.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Beync(f): 10:57pm On May 16, 2013
larayat: Haba....I dnt like dah strategy @al...nau av nt bin able 2 reach my boo since morn..ha ha
so becos of u want to hear from ur boo this country should held hostage? is he a mountain that he cannot move?
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 11:02pm On May 16, 2013
icebeatz:

In other news; my brother is in the military (81 motorized brigade) under special weapons and tactics.

I haven't seen or heard from my brother in close to a year.
They were part of the elite squad that was picked for 6 months intensive combat training before getting deployed to the North.

WHEREVER YOU ARE BRO; WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.
MAY GOD GUIDE AND PROTECT..... KILLLL EM ALLL !!!!

I pray for Him and all The Nigerian soldiers that are bravely goin to combat these bloody terrorists and making their Nation Proud
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 16, 2013
ABAKA72: you can go fuk yourself for all I care, it's already in the bank. groups like Boko haram can't survive without the local population behind them, take that also to the bank. let the war continue.

You know, sometimes even if the citizens dont wanna assist, they may get coarsed a and intimidated into playing to boko's tune.

- Dont forget that boko haram also employed heavy propaganda tactics.
- The military and security forces are not doing enough to protect the lives of informants.
- informants and their families should be relocated to an undisclosed witness holding facility where they can move on with a new with the same or higher standard of living!!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:06pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe:

By the way, have you forgotten what happened to the uncle of BH founder Mohammed Yusuf? For your information, he came out of hiding and met with former president Obasanjo. Do you know what happened to him? That's right, he was KILLED.

Take it to the bank.

The Army of course will get intel - little from willing informants but a whole lot from captured terrorists. Fact is terrorists are cowards- they readily spill their guts when cornered. And the heart and mind thing is overrated - the US attempts at it in Iraq failed. The Army will, of course, not harm the populace that are not involved in the insurgency. Expect repercussions though, when terrorists are harboured and provided safe haven to launch attacks on the military.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 11:09pm On May 16, 2013
icebeatz:

You know, sometimes even if the citizens dont wanna assist, they may get coarsed a and intimidated into playing to boko's tune.

- Dont forget that boko haram also employed heavy propaganda tactics.
- The military and security forces are not doing enough to protect the lives of informants.
- informants and their families should be relocated to an undisclosed witness holding facility where they can move on with a new with the same or higher standard of living!!

Your points are well noted and spot on.
But like Obama did to Osama, GEJ has to deal with these Boko guys
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Hardfact: 11:13pm On May 16, 2013
No network and more? Such are the challenges and sacrifices those in that area may have to make to see the Boko menace tackled. If insider info is correct, intelligence gathering is part of the operation. Pray usual Nig govt carefree disposition wont mess the whole thing up.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Enoquin(f): 11:14pm On May 16, 2013
EatmyShorts:

Young man, you need Jesus in your life. Don't mess with me, if you try me, i will show you what an Anointed man of God can do. B1tch!

Jesus loves you though.

Pastor MarcAnthony
MarcAnthony from trem?
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by keizman: 11:14pm On May 16, 2013
I said it b4 now that wit d help of d network providers,that tracking down of boko haram is just by d tip of our finger...for goodness sake those illiterate communicate first b4 any strike...d military should send more women spy..
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Chazim(m): 11:18pm On May 16, 2013
i think it will be wise to declare the whole of the northern region a region of emergency. Letr see who they will war. I asure all of you that this time it woun't be GHANA MUST GO but HAUSA MUST GO. Na niger we go pursue all of una go.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by skotch(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2013
tomber:

I hope this is not out of hate.
Of course its out of hatred.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by lacasa: 11:35pm On May 16, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Be quiet, you! Who are you, and what do you know about urban combat, asymmetrical warfare, and the evolution of warfare? And who made you judge?! No vex me o, cos I'm combat ready ATM. I'm ready to finish people like you today. Don't become my punching bag. Last warning to all the retards. Nescient beings, empty barrels. Rubbish.

See me see wahala o undecided

U just sound like a dog on heat grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Suspended NPA MD, Hadiza Bala Ceded Intels Terminals To Dangote / PDP Threatens To Expose Obasanjo Over Comment On Atiku / What Are Some Pre Colonial Activities That Happened In Eastern Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.