Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,066 members, 7,973,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:16 PM

Common Medical Fallacies - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Common Medical Fallacies (20490 Views)

Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. / 8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by lonelydora: 4:27pm On May 17, 2013
If you lick cooking spoon as a guy,u will not have beards.

If u r breastfeeding, and u go out without the baby, wenever ur breast milk starts coming outn dat means ur baby is crying.

A pregnant woman that will give birth to a male child must fall down during the period of pregnancy.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by segzyj(m): 4:46pm On May 17, 2013
If Man eat too much of Okro Soup.... He won't be able to father a Male Child. As the wife will keep having a female child .
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by keyword(f): 5:03pm On May 17, 2013
If your teeth falls and a lizard picks it, your teeth will not grow, but if a rat picks it, it will grow.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by seun001(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2013
Damojo: My grandmum used to tell me to apply ear wax on a developing boil. I have not a boil in 20yrs....sh*t works like zithromax!
i concur
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by slap1(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2013
If your eyelid pains you, like you are about have a boil there, just pluck out an eyelash and it stops. But this has worked for me since I learnt it, over ten years now!
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 17, 2013
if you eat with cover of plate, you wont be able to defend yourself if a lie is told against you.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by dadamuyiwa: 7:16pm On May 17, 2013
If you want to grow bears fast as a kid, rub your chin with methylated Spirit...I wasted our first aid spirit on dis.

A pregnat woman must attach a metallic object on her if she wants to go out on a sunny day.

If you are sleepind at noon, you must wake up before sunset. You might get ill if you didn't.

A pregnat woman must not go over someone lying down, or else she'll give birth to look-alike of d person lyin down.

If you spit on the floor and someone matches it, you'll contract a sore throat.

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by kadree(m): 7:39pm On May 17, 2013
Eating fowl anus go make U̶̲̥̅̊ b amebo.

Eating inside d pot will make U̶̲̥̅̊ grow big/pot belly.

If ur ear is itching U̶̲̥̅̊,,it simply means someone is gossipiing abt U̶̲̥̅̊.

Sherry-mango + garri=bye bye to dis world.

If hand D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ scratch U̶̲̥̅̊,e mean say money wan show b dat

If bird drop sh*t for ur head,na sign of gud luck

If raindropps n sunshine D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ apun simultaneously,lion don born
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by jeffizy(m): 8:32pm On May 17, 2013
What the adult sees while lying down, they young will not see while standing on the roof top!
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by BarryX(m): 8:54pm On May 17, 2013
jeffizy: What the adult sees while lying down, they young will not see while standing on the roof top!
Is that a Medical Fallacy or an African proverb?? Don't take it literally.

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by therapisteve(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2013
If U have whitlow on ur finger,just dip d finger in an early morning poo.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by mideeniafe(f): 1:32am On May 18, 2013
noskeybaba:

^unless u mean spiritual, its a fat lie. Infact science said that it makes u live longer. ♍ƴ guy try am, u fit be as fresh as M̶̲̅ε̲̣.
I don't agree with you. Did you know scientifically, a guy should have s-e-x once in 21 days? This is to help him regain all he's lost during the intercourse. *so I read* wink
ty osho:

This is soooo true.never had a boil in over 30years.once I notice the symptoms,I apply ear wax at the site and next thing it's gone.
That's because earwax is a natural antibiotic. It helps prevent ear infections.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:01am On May 18, 2013
The topic is interesting.

However, I must point out that most posts are not medical fallacies, but superstitions.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by madmajor: 9:04am On May 18, 2013
Disvirgining little children's anus makes u rich....... Fafafa... Fowl!
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by jiraiyas: 11:10am On May 18, 2013
sweettweet:

suprised at the point in bold
Dont be suprise, he is wrong.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 18, 2013
'mide eniafe:
I don't agree with you. Did you know scientifically, a guy should have s-e-x once in 21 days? This is to help him regain all he's lost during the intercourse. *so I read* winkThat's because earwax is a natural antibiotic. It helps prevent ear infections.

The 21 Day Recuperation theory is also unfounded. People regain "all they lost" differently. Depending on many factors including diet,rest,exercise/stamina, stress levels etc. All the guys who had had sex almost every day of the week would have been sickly and dead. Married men like me who won't let their sexy and kinky wild wives rest would have been totally emaciated.
smiley
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by GBAS: 7:08pm On May 18, 2013
To cure weatlow just dip the affected finger in your own private part I Know someone it worked for
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by scobaba: 8:21am On May 19, 2013
Djtm: Drinking cow urine stops convulsion temporarily. However, it damages the brain. I learnt that from a medical personnel

Cure convulsion give BRAIN DAMAGE...omo make convy remain.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by 3ace(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2013
tripledub: If ur teeth remove, take am go throw on top d roof of ur house. Anoda one go grow immediately where the first one from comot. I did this when i was young.
There was even a better alternative then. They will tell you not to throw it on the roof cos if it's seen by lizards, that's the end of your tooth. Instead, throw it inside gutter with 7 or probably 9 stones. grin
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by biola3005: 9:51am On May 19, 2013
Hahaha i can see some pseudoscience working. I use to share the same thing with my when we go out for drink sometimes it will be coconut drink, I have spoken to few about the taboos of not drinking coconut water so they will not have dull brain. lol
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by 3ace(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2013
obadiah777: IF YOU COUGH SNEEZE AND FART AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL DIE
I don't even think you can do all these at the same time.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Mustay(m): 3:26pm On May 19, 2013
But literally, when you sneeze, you die a sec ^^^
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by 3ace(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2013
'mide eniafe:
That's because earwax is a natural antibiotic. It helps prevent ear infections.
If this is true, then it is better not to remove it. I used to think it was dirt.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by yembet(f): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
There's another one going around, that eating banana and egg can cause, death instantly. I'm not sure if this is true.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by afribabe: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
I once attended to a man who was really devastated by how his nursing wife starved him of coitus. The wife told him that spermatozoa would mix with her breast-milk giving to the nursing baby if she dare mate with him.
I know this was posted a long time ago but I just have to grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aju Mbaise A Natural Remedy For Bellyfat / What Are Your Allergies? / Setting Up A Healthcare Facility In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.