Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,863 members, 7,972,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:54 AM

How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? (18809 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Nigeria Now Producing Armoured Vehicles (photo) / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by BarryX(m): 8:19pm On May 17, 2013
T.S:

Ok. Thank you for not DISTUPUTING my comment grin
That was a typo error well understood, why make an akamu case out of it?
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by optimusprime2(m): 8:28pm On May 17, 2013
*My Bro N I being Car freaks, scouted far N wide for a compilation of These Vehicle nicknames, so enjoy...*

Peugout407:Jet
FJ Cruiser: Hummer jnr
4runner: Oga
toyota Highlander: Camry wagon or Carton Wagon
Mazda6:Ninja face
Honda city: android
Toyota Sequoia: I pass oga
Toyota Tundra 2010: The Bully
BMW X6: Wasp
Cadillac Escalade: Chairman
Honda CRV: Fairy
Infiniti fx35: Dwarf
Toyota Starlet/ Nissan Micra: Rabbit
Toyota Avalon: Long John
VW Passat: Roadrunner
VW Jetta: Big packet
VW Golf: Packet
Toyota Land Cruiser: 4X4
Volvo Gl750: Coffin
Mack trucks: Kill N go
Audi A8: Transporter
Landrover Defender: Iron/ Ironbabe
BMW 3 series 02: Coja
Bmw 5 series 05: Cobra
VW Beetle 02: Bug
Nissan Pathfinder: Lorry
Range Rover Sport/Vogue:Yezbozz
Lexus RX300:Ajebor
Nissan Xterra: Lego/Lego jeep
Chrysler 300: Smokers/ Cigar
Mini Cooper: Jiminy Cricket
Peuguot 504: Atapiapia
peuguot 505: Oyoyo
Mercedes 190: Baby Benz
Mercedes 230: V.boot
Mercedes 200: flat boot
Mercedes G500: G wagon
Mercedes GL 450 & 550 : Buffalo
Peugout 406: Skipper
Toyota Hiace: Hummer bus
Toyota Hilux: Bull-Ox
Toyota Corrolla 96: First Lady
Honda Civic 09 - 11: Cyborg
BMW 7 Series & Merc S.Class 05: Beast
Camry 95: Orobo
Camry 99: Tiny/pencil light
Camry 01: Drop light
Camry 03-05: Big fool/ Big for nothing/ Big Daddy
Camry 07-12: Muscle/Spyder
infiniti QX56 and Nissan Armada: swAgbaya
Nissan Murano: Ogamadam
Honda accord ex 94: Hala
Honda accord 95: Bullet
Honda accord 96: Bulldog
Honda accord 97: academy
Honda accord 99-02: Babyboy
Honda accord 11-12:evil spirit
Honda accord 03-5: End of Discussion...

7 Likes

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 17, 2013
aanumama: same question i've always ask myself. we only know how to rename but to invent na wahala

The one wey dem invent (IVM), you don buy am? Shebi na badmouthing things you dey do? Mtcheew, Confused people! You guys (Nigerians) don't even know what you want.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by AbuMikey(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2013
Okpolor eye
Discussion continue
Datsun laurel
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by chrisja(m): 9:19pm On May 17, 2013
ffo: first to comment for the first time.
i am so excited
So wats d benefit, u are going to get an award now?Dummy.... Who even takes note? Get a life dude or watever sex u are....
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax:
MY Igbo brothers does not help matters wink
Their car nicknames no get part two shocked shocked

Bmw X5....Akpati Ise..

Infiniti Fx 35..Efi igbo.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Fussbot: 10:45pm On May 17, 2013
Mitshubishi lancer-ijaya!
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2013
Honda BabyBoy was the Honda Tyrese used in picking his baby mama in the movie 'Baby Boy'.

Honda EOD: Came from the newspaper advert. I can't recall the dealers (probably Dana Motors, but I may be mistaken). Under the pics of the car, they just reeled out features of the vehicle and ended the litany with 'End of Discussion'. The name stuck permanently.

Two years later, the 2006 model landed and they started the advert with 'Discussion Continues'. smiley Badt advert.

Toyota Camry '98, a.k.a Pencil light. Cos the back lights are long and slim.

The next model a.k.a wider light. You should know the reason.

2003 - 2005 Toyota Camry a.k.a Big for nothing. The dashboard is disappointingly spartan. The legroom is ginormous and I heard that the boot can comfortably contain a fully grown cow. smiley Kidding.

I don't know why there is the vehicle known as 'Evil Spirit'. Probably because of the head lamps that look like a diabolical pair of menacing eyes, ready to cast their evil spell on any poor soul who dares ventures across their path when the car is in motion.

There's the Volkswagen 'Beetle'. I think it's known as the 'Bug' in the U.S.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by 190: 11:53pm On May 17, 2013
and why do they call me - baby benz angry angry
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Excel23: 10:04am On May 18, 2013
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by jetsetgo: 3:25pm On May 18, 2013
End of Discussion: Honda sported an advert where some dudes where arguing and when the car passed they lock up... just dey look, they just the look the moto.

Baby Boy: Already said-- Tyrese movie

Beetle: The car looks like a bug... Volkswagen's comparison of the car was likened to an insect

Those are the ones wey me sabi
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by moneyhungry(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2013
190: and why do they call me - baby benz angry angry
cuz small children see you as a toy not a real car.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 19, 2013
blackmale: i can remember......but wht about 2008 honda accord (evil spirit) and 2010 Honda crosstour( anaconda)
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by abdulkadir(m): 9:08am On May 23, 2013
Aare 1:

"End of Discussion" from the phrase written the billboard and newspapers adverts for the car when it was newly launched in 2003. I think its the same thing that happened in the case of its successor " The DISCUSSION CONTINUES"

i thot as much. It wasnt realy from d glo advert. It was actually from d car's advert.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by abdulkadir(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2013
Pipsland78:
For what?

"thank you daddy" is the nickname for 90-94 honda civic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Kind Of Car Is Good For A First Time Buyer? / Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.