Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,077 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:18 AM

Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life (3711 Views)

All Facts About Linda Testimonies Of Hell / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2008
@imhotep
Sorry brother! am no more battling, am already an overcomer. His Word is sufficient for me!
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2008
liftedone:

@Jesoul, to God be the glory for his wisdom and may he continue to enlighten us as we faithfully share with one another in the spirit of love and humility. Stay strong in him, he will keep you in his perfect care always.

Your words are always soothing!

JeSoul:

diamond rich huh? smiley I hope you have access to some those rocks cheesy. I'm about to take off work and go home. Have yourself a pleasant rest of the day. Godbless! kiss

My friend! trust me, Africa is blessed! cheesy
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by Ebonyj(f): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2008
I just wanted to say thank you to all, you have not only made my day, but God has used you to increase the strenght of my faith. I pray the lord continue to direct us.
As we will be starting a new month (May) I pray it will be filled with divine encounters and unimaginable favours. Stay blessed.
J
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
@Ebonyi
We believe God for your undeniable triumphs.
Always remember; You are born to win!

2 Cor 2:14-15
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
KJV

1 Peter 2:9-10
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV

Peace!
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by cescky(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2008
i want to ask this disturbing question, is it right for a christain to drink(alcohol)?ive been baffled for an answer to this for some time now.
am a christian and ve been thru a lot of troubles some times i just wish life will just end, ive prayed sometimes,fasted a few times, however am not happy with whats happening to me. As a result things am going thru i ask things like why me?, and start getting doubts about life,thats when i go out and have a lilttle drink,after getting tipsy i think clearly about life,God and things in general then i remember many of the dangers Hes saved me from(literarily ive been thru the valley of the shadow of death).then i get hope and some faith and am thinking maybe He still cares for me afterall,though am sure he still does,its the alcohol part that baffles me, is it good for a christian to drink?
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 01, 2008
is it good for a christian to drink?

as long as u dont drink to stupor,afterall d holy communion wine is also alcoholic if not it cant be preserved for long,u can drink as long as u dont drink to stupor and mess around wt words and action,which might be a sin
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by liftedone(f): 11:17pm On May 01, 2008
cescky:

i want to ask this disturbing question, is it right for a christain to drink(alcohol)?ive been baffled for an answer to this for some time now.
am a christian and ve been through a lot of troubles some times i just wish life will just end, ive prayed sometimes,fasted a few times, however am not happy with whats happening to me. As a result things am going through i ask things like why me?, and start getting doubts about life,thats when i go out and have a lilttle drink,after getting tipsy i think clearly about life,God and things in general then i remember many of the dangers Hes saved me from(literarily ive been through the valley of the shadow of death).then i get hope and some faith and am thinking maybe He still cares for me afterall,though am sure he still does,its the alcohol part that baffles me, is it good for a christian to drink?

I was discussing the exact same thing with my younger brother's wife who is concerned about him because he likes a little tipple now and then. This is a tough question because it's one of those subjective issues in the bible for which there are varied views in the Christian body, especially with Paul's letter to Timothy advising him to use a little wine for his frequent ailments. I'll need to study that and understand the context of it.

Having said that, the issue of a Christian drinking alcohol is not so much a right and wrong thing but what effect alcohol has on the mind. The Bible says in Ephesians 5:18: "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead be filled with the Holy Spirit". I believe you cannot be filled with two things at the same time. Drinking wine is associated with the old way of living with the selfish desires which we are to put to death Colosians 3:5. The joy that comes from the Holy Spirit is longer lasting and can free us from our anxieties instead of trying to crowd out our pain with alcohol. Proverbs 23:29-35(AMP): emphasis on 33-35: "Under the influence of wine your eyes will behold strange things and loose women, and your mind will utter things turned the wrong way, untrue, incorrect and petulant. Yes, you will be as unsteady as he who lies down in the midst of the sea, and as open to disaster as he who lies upon the top of a mast. You will say, they struck me, but I was not hurt; they beat me as with a hammer, but I did not feel it. When shall I awake? I will crave and seek more wine again and escape reality".

Israel was a wine growing country but they were not immune to the dangers of alcohol. Under the influence of alcohol, a righteous man like Noah lay stark naked which led to one of the younger sons seeing him and leading to the cursing of his descendants( some say the black race are descendants of Ham/Canaan - I don't know) Genesis 9:28. Lot's daughters got him inebriated on purpose so that they could sleep with him and bear children. Genesis 19:30-38.

What is the point in all I'm saying? Drinking wine leads to the dulling of the senses which makes otherwise intelligent people to act foolishly and lowers the capacity for self control which goes against the grain of the fruit of the spirit of self control. We have to be alert to the dangers of wine as it clouds the ability for good judgement when one is under the influence and can lead one to compromise their principles. Wine can only give you a temporary high. The Holy Spirit is there to help you live a lasting life of joy and peace and as you rely on him, you will see that your dependence on alcohol will wane over time and you will give it up effortlessly by the power of the Holy Spirit within you. Be strong. You are an overcomer.
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 5:41pm On May 03, 2008
@liftedone
That is a shot from heaven!
I personally discovered this lately that whatever you are in doubt of whether good or bad (most expecially as spirit filled Christian), are often not right. You feel bad because something inside of you is rejecting it! And that is God! That is why we sound like someone that needs help. It is God’s nudging!
Whatever is taken solely and purposely to affect the normal behavior of the body is said to defile. That is what the Bible describe as destroying His temple

1 Cor 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. KJV
1 Cor 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. KJV

@cescky
Something about alcohol is that it affects your mind and later on, your life! You can’t manage it, it will rather manage you. Your consumption power increases and graduates with time.

Prov 20:1
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. KJV

And that is why it’s likely untrue that you can control how much you take. Did you measure your water before you drink it? How will you know that which is enough except when you eyes start seeing double!
Alcohol is a mocker! Listen to this;

Prov 23:31-32
Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Another thing I will want you to understand is that it often serves as aid to do some ungodly acts. With alcohol, your feelings and emotions are out of control. Alcohol gives you confidence and increases your desires for lust. Women and drinks often go together. Check out bars and club house around you. Moreover, many sicknesses are traceable to it consumption!

Prov 23:33-24:1
Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.KJV

That someone drank it before in the scriptures is not the issue, it’s knowing the present truth and understanding its consequences on your life. If I may ask, is there any where written in the Bible that “thou shall not smoke!”? Even an atheist knows the consequences.
How will you differentiate yourself from the unbelievers if found in the same company of alcoholism with them. (Ps.1:1-3; 2 Cor. 6:14)
I do take communion, but with ordinary non-alcoholic strawberry fruit juice. The reason being the fact that the alcohol inside other wines will not make it holier!
I rather walk by faith!
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 5:48pm On May 03, 2008
@cescky
Nevertheless, without changing the subject of this thread, I believe your desire for victory over this challenge is the reason why you drop your question.
I believe there is a wholesome power in God’s ability through Christ Jesus to help us in becoming more like Him while we drop those weights and sins that easily besets us. (Heb 12:1).
From experience, another easy way to put away alcoholism is to flee all appearances of evil. This includes bad companies! Please mind the companies you keep!
More than often, alcoholism is either encouraged or discouraged by the kind of friends around you.

Prov 13:20
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. KJV

Moreover, just like what liftedone said, you need to desire to be full of the spirit. Whenever the urge comes, switch over to something spirit-lifting.

Eph 5:18
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
KJV

[b]Rom 8:11[/b]11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. KJV

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might and you will soon find out that there is nothing impossible in Christ! You can do it because you are more than a conqueror! Expecting your testimony!
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by cescky(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2008
@detruth and others
thanks alot you remind me of my guardian angel/aunty anyways, ill also be expecting my testimonies very soon as u mentioned, cos i have a lot to contribute to this thread(i think) but till then i need certain things in place.
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by dammy4u: 1:58pm On May 10, 2008
Trials and tribulations of life come in different ways. But what xtians of today should bear in mind is that God is not the ogiginator of trials and tribulations that we do face. However, God allows (He is not the one bringing them) trials and tribulations atimes on our ways to try us and makes us grow in faith and trust in God. God also uses whatever trials we have to work for our good.
To be victorious over trials and tribulations,xtians should give themselves to praising the Lord and joy in the Holy Ghost rather than bein dejected.
NOTE: Praising the Lord mentioned above does not connotes that we should thank God for bringing trials and tribulations on our ways( God does not tempt with evil) but we should thank Him for the fact that He will make such trials to work for our good ", for we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to them that are called according to His good purpose."
There is this popular song among xtians that says " ,  nomatter what I face,when (success )comes my way, I will praise the Lord."   The original version of this song reads " ,  nomatter what I face, when (trouble)comes my way, I will praise the Lord". We should no that it doesn't really makes sense to God to sing/say that ", nomatter what I face, when success comes my way, I will praise the Lord." Because even unbelievers too praise God/god when success comes their way. But it is only those who are able to still praise God while passing through hard times that are trully Xtians.
Today you see many people bouncing and praising the Lord in churches as if they are all angels, but let a slit trial comes the ways, they soon shift their ground and turn their back on God. Is this xtianity? Or, is this the kind of xtianity that the early church practiced?
Let every xtian examines himself/herself to know whether is genuine/fake.
Re: Testimonies of Victory over Trials and Tribulations of Life by detruth: 6:52pm On May 12, 2008
That's a word from dammy4u! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

With All Of The Different Religions, How Can I Know Which One Is Correct? / Who Is This Allah? (forward And Preface) / As A Christian/muslim, Have You Ever Prayed For Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.