Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,033 members, 7,949,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile (34540 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Jet Used To Fight Boko-haram Got Missing / Air Force Jet Hit By Boko-haram Missile In Borno... / Boko Haram Suspected To Have Shot Down Nigerian Air force Jet In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Nobody: 12:18am On May 18, 2013
A journalist once asked an american general what military technique delivers a great deal of result. He said,'element of surprise'.

I was expecting months b4 this state of emergency was declared, that our military personnels should have been secretly planning for it....

I was hoping that they would have been conducting drills and training special operatives in a secret location. This would then mean that a day b4 the state of emergency was declared, these special ops would raid these terrorist camps, catching the terrorist unaware with air support and standby paramedic.

I'm probably sure that this wan't the case, so I'm expecting the state of emergency to deliver minimal result...

The terrorist will simply abandon the camps and disappear into the civilian population or cross border to neighbouring countries. They will just wait until the soldiers go and they will come back to cause terror...

The federal government's medium to long term plan is to build barracks in these states with army checkpoints.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by omocutie(f): 12:20am On May 18, 2013
@jakumo.guy wassup! you restsssssss....but how fa! wetin dis 1 mean.......
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Soso990240(m): 12:27am On May 18, 2013
chidindufrank: So the northern elders no see wen boko haram buy n carry big big weapons enter their domot abi. I don dey suspect Malam El-Rufia. He could be their project planner
even me too.these northern elders are all criminals hiding as old men.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Soso990240(m): 12:29am On May 18, 2013
Am sure northern elders wount hear dis one.Oyaahh JTF no dulling,shoot at sight..ask questions later.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Soso990240(m): 12:32am On May 18, 2013
obo_man: A journalist once asked an american general what military technique delivers a great deal of result. He said,'element of surprise'.

I was expecting months b4 this state of emergency was declared, that our military personnels should have been secretly planning for it....

I was hoping that they would have been conducting drills and training special operatives in a secret location. This would then mean that a day b4 the state of emergency was declared, these special ops would raid these terrorist camps, catching the terrorist unaware with air support and standby paramedic.

I'm probably sure that this wan't the case, so I'm expecting the state of emergency to deliver minimal result...

The terrorist will simply abandon the camps and disappear into the civilian population or cross border to neighbouring countries. They will just wait until the soldiers go and they will come back to cause terror...

The federal government's medium to long term plan is to build barracks in these states with army checkpoints.

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by talura(f): 12:40am On May 18, 2013
Nigeria needs continous prayers. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by GeneralJ(m): 12:55am On May 18, 2013
WHere in the story, does it say a figther jet/bomber was hit by any missile, please moderators, this user should be banned for purpoting false news. the story doesn't even mention anything about missiles. This deserves 200 years ban. it says AA fire, which could mean fire from any type of machine gun not missile, missile is different from bullet, please change ur topic it is very misleading, change it to "Nigerian Airforce Jet hit by Anti Aircraft Fire" thank you

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by InvertedHammer: 1:22am On May 18, 2013
Jakumo: Unlike the Biafran conflict back in the 1960's, and even the Niger Delta insurgency of the 1990s, Nigeria's unfolding war on northern fundamentalist terror is going to be a more copiously photographed event than most of the other African brush wars of the recent past, thanks to the invention of the cell-phone camera.

Expect to see internet-published video footage of civilian massacres by federal troops, in the aftermath of any casualties inflicted by the rebels. Conversely, one can imagine the videotaped fate that will befall unlucky federal troops that wind up in the hands of media-savvy fundamentalist terrorists tutored by Al Queda. Without a doubt, Youtube will soon feature Nigerian war snuff films, while civilian casualties mount, and the drums of war beat anew.

So what? When the videos matter come, we go deal with that. Right now, we have Boko Boys to slaughter like the pigs they are.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by double08(m): 1:29am On May 18, 2013
most people here are talking massacre all the men angry have you ever taken a man's life? you think is by watching Van Damme or Jet Li angry angry

This boko haram was a political tool before and I think like a wild fire it has gone out of control even its old masters fear for their own precious lives now
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by pmc01(m): 1:35am On May 18, 2013
Khaffi: I see WAR looming in our beloved country. May D good Lord see us thru.

Choi!!! But dis useless animals called BH are already prepared for dis like they knew it was coming. Oh common! Who are we kidding? Our leaders are obviously d god fathers to these illiterate-poverty stricken bastards. But I know d end is near for them all.

Front page thinz MODS

Why are the so-tagged 'sponsors' known to GEJ still freely moving?
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by pmc01(m): 1:39am On May 18, 2013
django1:

Hmmm...am not sure you know what you're saying!
What he wishes for his fellow men is what he wishes for himself. It's that straightforward.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by RedReact: 2:13am On May 18, 2013
^^^
I am not clear on something and it will be good if your or any northerner clarify it.
How does SoE or fight against insurgents translate to fight against northern Nigeria?
The attack on the emir of Kano and some other northern elders/clerics should be termed what? Or could be propaganda against the north itself?

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by egoldman(m): 2:17am On May 18, 2013
Suntzung: mikeansy:

They are trying to stretch the Army

The Government and the Army should continue the programme of destroying their bases and retaking communities in the North East where Boko Haram run the show.

Nobody says the Government tactics will work overnight. This is a battle of resolves and a lot of it is mental.

Government must continue its campaign in the North East, over-run Boko Haram camps and then secure our boarders.

The long term strategy will be to institute a very shadowy counter terror unit that will use all sorts of deadly methods including poisoning, assasination, and all methods within the powers of the Government to systematically eliminate the leaders of Boko Haram and their financiers.

Government must also look into issues like monitoring suspicious financial transactions and movement of weapons in and out of our boarder.

Our country is unfortunately at war!!!!!

THE GOVERNMENT TACTICS AND STRATEGIES ARE ALREADY KNOWN;

1. CONVERTING THE CURRENT SECTARIAN UPROAR TO A FULL BLOWN CIVIL WAR, WITH THE WAR FRONT AT THE NORTH DOORS, KILLING BOTH OUR YOUTH AND COMMUNITY LEADERS E.G EMIRS, TOP POLITICIANS AND UNIFORM MEN OF NORTHERN ORIGIN, IN A BID TO TOTALLY WEAKEN THE REGION SO AS TO EITHER CONTINUE THEIR DEVILISH RULE AGENDA OR SIMPLY DIVIDE THE COUNTRY.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD STRATEGY INDEED,(courtesy Devil MENTOR) IT WORKS IN MANY INSTANCES E.G SYRIA. BUT ALAS, IT WOULD NEVER WORK IN NIGERIA.
B/COS;
THE BRAVE NORTHERN YOUTH IN THE MILITARY WOULD NEVER TOLERATE OR ALLOW THIS.
THE NORTH HAS GOOD FRIENDS( ALIAS) THAT WOULD STAND BY NORTH FOR SURE.
AS USUAL THE YORUBAS WOULD ISOLATE THEMSELVES, LEAVING, ND/IGBOS/MIDDLE BELTANS TO FACE NORTH IF THE PLAN BACKFIRES !

THE STRATEGY FURTHER ENTAILS WIDER S.O.E TO INFLICT MORE DAMAGES, MORE CASUALTIES , BLACKMAIL, ASSASSINATION AND MORE....

ALTHOUGH, THE TACTICS WAS ON FINAL STAGES, NIGERIA IS GODS OWN AS SAID BY MANY WOULD ONCE AGAIN SURVIVE THIS PLOT, THIS AGENDA IS BOUND TO FAIL, B/COS OF ILL EXECUTION OF THE DETAILS ENSHRINED.

LONG LIVE NORTH, LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE FREE AFRICA!
Amadioha magbu kwa gi dia angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Orikinla(m): 2:18am On May 18, 2013
When I was calling for state of emergency, many typical ignorant Nigerians were attacking me. In fact, the state of emergency should include Kano, katsina and Plateau. The foot soldiers of the Boko Haram are among the Hausa Fulani herdsmen in every state.

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Tropilo(m): 3:29am On May 18, 2013
shymexx: It's a pity that a country as big as Nigeria is still using Alpha Jets(a training aircraft) as its main military aircraft. If manipads can hit your aircrafts, then, you shouldn't even be braggart about your military.

The whole thing is hysterical!! grin

Mister, isn't it better you blank your mind towards the affairs of the Nigerian state instead of always fault-finding and criticking it?

In so much as you have a right to your words and statements, dont you think proffering solutions should be part of it?

*justmyobservation#

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Abiyamo: 3:35am On May 18, 2013
B2-Spirit stealth bombers? Let's get 10...lol! grin
shymexx: It's a pity that a country as big as Nigeria is still using Alpha Jets(a training aircraft) as its main military aircraft. If manipads can hit your aircrafts, then, you shouldn't even be braggart about your military.

The whole thing is hysterical!! grin
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by bootlegaz: 3:44am On May 18, 2013
Remnants of the Iranian missiles confiscated by FG
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Nobody: 3:50am On May 18, 2013
Jakumo:
Whether the camel-jockey uprising in Northern Nigeria is swiftly neutralized by the might of the Nigerian army, or whether the conflagration spreads to other regions of the country, remains to be seen. The die is cast. President Jonathan Goodluck, and his military advisors, stand at the cusp of history, for the stability of the entire sub-region is linked, like so many dominoes in a row, to the fate of Nigeria, as her federal government finally locks horns with the evil, bloodthirsty fiend of fundamentalist terror.

The highlighted phrase is completely meaningless. In-fact your whole write up is "opata"
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:09am On May 18, 2013
jay_onpoint: FROM THE IMMEDIATE DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY RULE, I SAW IMPENDING WAR...DECLARATION OF EMERGENCY IS A LONG TIME BAIT BY BH, AS AN AVENUE TO DRAG THE NIGERIA INTO WAR AGAINST ITSELF. in my opinion, i think emergency rule was late on arrival. however, boko haramists are not a based fighter group, which means prior to the declaration already had a plan B' in place that is while three states were on emergency rule, the possibility of migrating to another neighboring states thereby subjecting the entirety of the northern nigeria under emergency rule with heavy looking armed soldiers. fellow compatriots, nigeria is heading for break. whichever, however u understand this...i mean emergency rule declaration could have come more earlier than now, now is not only late but also dangerous for the unity of the country.
F[s][/s] ok let's g
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by kabba7(m): 4:31am On May 18, 2013
[quote author=Biafra4tharmy]
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-afric

This news item by a Biafran can be understood in intent and aim .
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Wsdm: 4:52am On May 18, 2013
django1:

Hmmm...am not sure you know what you're saying!
that is how very low they have descend.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by kaeto(m): 4:56am On May 18, 2013
The most remarkable statements: dozens of millitants has been killed, and, not just sambisa but all boko haram camps are under steady bombardment.. I like that.

1 Like

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by EasternLeopard: 5:51am On May 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Orikinla: In fact, d state of emergency should include Kano, katsina & Plateau. D foot soldiers of BH are among d Hausa Fulani herdsmen in every state.
For now it is Kanuris. But 2015 GEJ victory will cause many Hausa Fulanis to join.
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Nobody: 5:52am On May 18, 2013
Serious...
Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by Solozzo(m): 6:02am On May 18, 2013
chidindufrank: So the northern elders no see wen boko haram buy n carry big big weapons enter their domot abi. I don dey suspect Malam El-Rufia. He could be their project planner

....and Buhari. He should be captured first.

Re: Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile by EasternLeopard: 6:09am On May 18, 2013
For Nigeria to survive, BH's capacity to make war must be destroyed before may 2014. Failure to achieve this, will cause many non-Kanuri Core-North muslims to swell the ranks of BH when GEJ achieves 2015 political victory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Have Fulfilled My Major Promises" – President Buhari / TheEmefieleDisaster: Nigerians Call Out Emefiele On Twitter / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.