Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,753 members, 7,935,240 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:38 AM

CSS 3: The Future Of CSS - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / CSS 3: The Future Of CSS (1335 Views)

Learn CSS 3 For Free (tricks Included) / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / Html 5.0 And Css 3.5 Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSS 3: The Future Of CSS by Zahymaka(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2006
The working draft for CSS 3.0 has been out for some time. I'm one of those who think it's great that with standards, the browsers are coming closer in functionality [have you tried the new IE 7 beta]?

I read the draft almost a soon as it came out but it just occurred to me that we have hardly talked about it. What I love best about it is borders [what many webmasters struggle with].

CSS 3 promises support for rounded borders, borders of variable length nad best of all, border background images.

I'm sure the guys at Mozilla will quickly have an update the moment it gets out but I'm not sure about Microsoft. With luck, we webmasters wouldn't have to worry much about 'sliding-doors' and other hacks by the year 2008. By then, everyone should be using CSS3-compliant browsers [hopefully]. It depends on how soon CSS 3 is released.

What do you think?
Re: CSS 3: The Future Of CSS by my2cents(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2006
Mozilla may be quick to implement, thanks to its extensions, but will IE? Already, even with all IE7 boasts of in terms of standards, I believe they even confessed to not following it in its entirety.

Hopefully at some point though, they will all be on the same page. At least it is better than it was in the late 90s when I had to sniff for each version of each browser on each OS, via javascript grin
Re: CSS 3: The Future Of CSS by Zahymaka(m): 5:11pm On May 15, 2006
I'm glad everyone's coming together. IE most likely will implement it but if IE has bugs and we still have to use hacks as of CSS 3, I don't know.

You know, we webmasters who adhere to standards don't want users to use IE. Unfortunately, most users don't even know there're other browsers [or even other perating systems] cheesy. The funny thing is that IE on the Mac behaves differently from the WIndows version.

Before I digress, I'm beginning to think CSS is becoming more of a programming language -- what CSS 3 promises can't be achieved otherwise.
Re: CSS 3: The Future Of CSS by guntavibes(m): 9:45am On May 17, 2006
yes css 3 is cool and it will make work earier for us . well lets just wait and see
Re: CSS 3: The Future Of CSS by guntavibes(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2006
yes i agree css is becoming more of a programming language , ZAHYMAKA

(1) (Reply)

Planning To Go Back To Nigeria Need Your Opinion / Is Limewire Safe If You Have Anti-virus Stuff On Your Computer? / Pls I Need A Guide To Starting Bulk Sms Business. (web To Phone )sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.