Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,436 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

What If God Was One Of Us ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Was One Of Us ? (580 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / God Was WITH God / Did You Know That Jesus Christ Being God Was Decided By Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If God Was One Of Us ? by Soulcaine(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2013
Hi everybody ,

the title of this thread is a song by joan osborne it got me asking this few questions

1) how do we see God ?

Nb: see here is not in reference to the faculty of sight but the perception we have of him.

2) how do we see his reflection in people ?

3) how do we justify the pains we cause people in his name ?

4)who is God.

Ps: i will appreciate all contributions irrespective of organised religion suscribed to or lack of one.

For the atheist, you believe in a god: yourself!
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:48am On May 18, 2013
Depend on what you call God. Im a God to myself. Are you ok with that?
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by okeyxyz(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2013
Soul_caine: Hi everybody ,

the title of this thread is a song by joan osborne it got me asking this few questions

1) how do we see God ?

Nb: see here is not in reference to the faculty of sight but the perception we have of him.

2) how do we see his reflection in people ?

God is Human. He created Adam Human, Jesus came as human, He's gonna come back as human. So, Yes! [size=13pt]He is indeed one of us[/size].

3) how do we justify the pains we cause people in his name ?

What the f@ck are you talking about?? There's no christian doctrine(I speak as christian) that mandates us to enforce our doctrines on non-believers, let alone harming them.

4)who is God.

He's the creator of all things, and he made all things good. Therefore there is no sin in using the things god has made.
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by Soulcaine(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Depend on what you call God. Im a God to myself. Are you ok with that?

an atheist then i presume ?
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by Soulcaine(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2013
Double post
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by Soulcaine(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2013
[quote author=okeyxyz]

What the f@ck are you talking about?? There's no christian doctrine(I speak as christian) that mandates us to enforce our doctrines on non-believers, let alone harming them.

When we you say God is one with us, he is us ! Working on that premise, why do we hurt people intentionally ?

A boy goes out with a lady (God's likeness) and leaves her because he feels...whatever.

The question is if we agree in the existence of God as us why do we hurt us/ourselves ?
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by DeepSight(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2013
Soul_caine: When we you say God is one with us, he is us ! Working on that premise, why do we hurt people intentionally ?

A boy goes out with a lady (God's likeness) and leaves her because he feels...whatever.

The question is if we agree in the existence of God as us why do we hurt us/ourselves ?

Why do you eat animals?
Re: What If God Was One Of Us ? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 18, 2013
WHAT ARE YA ALANIS MORRISETTE

(1) (Reply)

Would You Hold Still Onto Your Faith In Christ If You Passed Through This? / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / Go Ahead And Boast - Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.