Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:38 AM

93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education – Sanusi (703 Views)

I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido / 93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education - Cbn's Sanusi Lamido. / Talking-around-the-bush: 93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education - Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

93% Northern Girls Lack Secondary Education – Sanusi by Senatorkelvo(m): 11:23pm On May 17, 2013
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, on Thursday, decried the low literacy level in the North saying that 93 per cent of female children in the region lacked secondary education.The apex bank boss, who said this at this year’s Isaac Moghalu Foundation Leadership Lecture and Symposium held in Abuja, said the situation, if left unchecked, was detrimental to the economy.

The governor sited Jigawa State, where school completion rate among female is as low as seven per cent as an example.

Net enrolment of girls in schools in the country, according to him, is 22 per cent.

He said, “In the North-West, 70 per cent of women between 20 and 29 are unable to read, compared to 9.7 per cent in the South West.

“Only three per cent of females complete secondary education in the Northern zone. Now how do you build the country when 93 per cent of the girls in the most populous region of the country do not complete secondary schools?..Read more here..http:///42pvz

The indication of this overwhelming statistics is that: two out of every two girl-child in the north are not educated.
I was reading this article with a heavy-heart for the poor girl-children in the north and wondering the Nagative effects this would have on our society as these girls are dehumanised, subject to rape or sexual abuse.My question then is that: How can the right of the girl child be restored in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Violence: A Derivative Ideology Of Religion(another Perspective On Michael Adebo / The Defeat Of Two Jonas By 'God Is My Strength' / WICKED World:politician Arrested For Raping 5-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.