Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,413 members, 7,978,302 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:40 AM

Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion (1067 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Has Your Faith In God Or Religion Ever Been Seriously Challenged? / Justified—by Faith Or Works? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 1:13am On May 18, 2013
A message to Christians

Your level of spirituality will determine your position in the afterlife, not your religious beliefs.

When you die and move on to the Other Side, you do not suffer ANY disfavour for not being a christian. There are thousands of religions on earth and none is superior to the other. YOUR religion appears to you to be superior to all others because you were BRAINWASHED by it. Since you were a toddler, they've drummed it into your poor head, endlessly, that your way is 'the only way', and all others, 'evil' and 'hell-bound'.

If you had been born and raised in China or India (both nations are home to over half the earth's population) and therefore, had grown up a Buddhist, a Taoist, a Hinduist, or a Zoroastrianist, the entire christian tale, if told to you, would seem as baseless and ludicrous as you currently view those faiths from your christian standpoint. It would be as impossible to convert you to christianity as it is to convert you right now to Hinduism.

Or Taoism.

There is nothing special about your religion (christianity). No power or epiphany in it that is not present in other religions. You need to step out of the tiny thought-box your priests have shuffled you into, and open your mind up to the glorious diversity - and validity - of Creation.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by TarryFour: 1:38am On May 18, 2013
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by TarryFour: 1:38am On May 18, 2013
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by TarryFour: 1:39am On May 18, 2013
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 7:38am On May 18, 2013
OP....simply the expressions of one who is ignorant.
People have different beliefs...doesn't mean they are on the right path.Some have even chosen not to b elieve in God at all.
Your write-up shows u're the one who has been brainwashed by whatever god is lord over you.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by ninja4life(m): 8:53am On May 18, 2013
Well dis makes me remember d thread by either logicboy or muskeeto about religion,he made reference to d op about how about 4.5billion people in d world view christianity as a fairytale and how about 5billion people view islam as also false all dis are because of wat dey hav been brainwashd with since dey are kids so making them disbeliev other religions.so bringing d argument dat if an atheist wanting to be a theists which of d thousands religion should he choose and which is d right one and how will dat be known and those theists are not helping d matter all claiming to be serving d supreme god and some claiming dat other non-believers will be thrown to hell or dat sought.so all in all dey are just DELUSION
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2013
thorpido: OP....simply the expressions of one who is ignorant.
People have different beliefs...doesn't mean they are on the right path.Some have even chosen not to b elieve in God at all.
Your write-up shows u're the one who has been brainwashed by whatever god is lord over you.
How can I be brainwashed when I pander to no 'holy books' or creeds? You don't seem to understand the meaning of brainwashed. Who is to say what is "the right path" of religion in a world of 7 billion people with varying cultures and traditions? To pick out one and claim that as the only true religion is the height of ignorance and evil. The only reason you have this deep belief in your religion is that you were born in a geographical region where the faith was prevalent. Why would God make your salvation dependent largely on geographical accident of birth? To imagine that means you think God is thoughtless and stu.pid. But the creator is not a dumb, thoughtless brute as made out by Christianity and Islam. He is a trillion times more intelligent than your religions portray him. Even those who 'choose not to believe in God at all' will not be made to suffer or denied salvation. Their unbelief was tied to their earthly experiences as humans. When such people die and their souls return to the afterlife, they are reacquainted with the truth of existence. If they were ignorant as humans, WHY would an intelligent Creator make them suffer eternal ignominy and torture because of that? Of course atheists will transit to the Other side as Equals with every one else.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 12:15pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: How can I be brainwashed when I pander to no 'holy books' or creeds? You don't seem to understand the meaning of brainwashed. Who is to say what is "the right path" of religion in a world of 7 billion people with varying cultures and traditions? To pick out one and claim that as the only true religion is the height of ignorance and evil. The only reason you have this deep belief in your religion is that you were born in a geographical region where the faith was prevalent. Why would God make your salvation dependent largely on geographical accident of birth? To imagine that means you think God is thoughtless and stu.pid. But the creator is not a dumb, thoughtless brute as made out by Christianity and Islam. He is a trillion times more intelligent than your religions portray him.
That is why knowledge is increasing.The same reason technology has made it so easy for all to hear or see.The time will come when all men will hear.
What will qualify a man at that time is if he chooses to believe or disbelieve.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2013
thorpido: That is why knowledge is increasing.The same reason technology has made it so easy for all to hear or see.The time will come when all men will hear.
What will qualify a man at that time is if he chooses to believe or disbelieve.
What technology? What knowledge? Will the increase in your knowledge about Buddha ever turn you into a Buddhist? You have this idea that people reject Christianity out of ignorance of it. Get such evil, arrogant, misguided thinking out of your system.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 12:30pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: What technology? What knowledge? Will the increase in your knowledge about Buddha ever turn you into a Buddhist? You have this idea that people reject Christianity out of ignorance of it. Get such evil, misguided thinking out of your system.
There's no other reason for it.There's no way you will know Jesus and ever seek another path.I am not telling you about Jesus the man who walked on the streets of Galilee but the Resurrection and the Life.There's a knowledge from above.Jesus said,... no man knoweth the Father but the Son and him to whom the Son will reveal.
I'm trying to show you there's a knowledge beyond the type you find in textbooks.
The Greeks call it'epignosis'.
You don't have that,do you?
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2013
thorpido: There's no other reason for it.There's no way you will know Jesus and ever seek another path.I am not telling you about Jesus the man who walked on the streets of Galilee but the Resurrection and the Life.There's a knowledge from above.Jesus said,... no man knoweth the Father but the Son and him to whom the Son will reveal.
I'm trying to show you there's a knowledge beyond the type you find in textbooks.
The Greeks call it'epignosis'.
You don't have that,do you?
Have you spent a single hour of your entire life studying the tenets of any other religion apart from Christianity? My guess is that like 99 percent of your fellow Christians, you haven't.. In fact you likely consider it a sin or even blasphemous to open any other religious book that is not Christian. He can you ever become sensible or knowledgeable with such a closed mindset?
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 1:09pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: Have you spent a single hour of your entire life studying the tenets of any other religion apart from Christianity? My guess is that like 99 percent of your fellow Christians, you haven't.. In fact you likely consider it a sin or even blasphemous to open any other religious book that is not Christian. He can you ever become sensible or knowledgeable with such a closed mindset?
Closed mindset? I'm laughing at your ignorance.
There's an online quran and I've spent time reading it.
Your knowledge is based on assumptions.It shows the level where u are.That you don't know does not mean others don't know.I don't have the time to educate you now.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Ayomivic(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: A message to Christians

Your level of spirituality will determine your position in the afterlife, not your religious beliefs.

When you die and move on to the Other Side, you do not suffer ANY disfavour for not being a christian. There are thousands of religions on earth and none is superior to the other. YOUR religion appears to you to be superior to all others because you were BRAINWASHED by it. Since you were a toddler, they've drummed it into your poor head, endlessly, that your way is 'the only way', and all others, 'evil' and 'hell-bound'.

If you had been born and raised in China or India (both nations are home to over half the earth's population) and therefore, had grown up a Buddhist, a Taoist, a Hinduist, or a Zoroastrianist, the entire christian tale, if told to you, would seem as baseless and ludicrous as you currently view those faiths from your christian standpoint. It would be as impossible to convert you to christianity as it is to convert you right now to Hinduism.

Or Taoism.

There is nothing special about your religion (christianity). No power or epiphany in it that is not present in other religions. You need to step out of the tiny thought-box your priests have shuffled you into, and open your mind up to the glorious diversity - and validity - of Creation.
@Op, how did you know this or sure that what you said here is correct. Are you atheist's prophet or have you gone to heaven come back? What evidence do you have to make us believe your lies. Pls don't misslead people here.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2013
thorpido: Closed mindset? I'm laughing at your ignorance.
There's an online quran and I've spent time reading it.
Your knowledge is based on assumptions.It shows the level where u are.That you don't know does not mean others don't know.I don't have the time to educate you now.
The quoran? What about Confucianism? Buddhism? African religion and philosophy? The Hindi texts? Taoism? Survivalism? Zoroastrianism? Shintoism? Jainism? Have you studied any of these belief systems in-depth, and if not, how do you know their worth? And how can you "educate" anyone when your own brain is so lacking in knowledge and genuine exposure?
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2013
Ayomivic:
@Op, how did you know this or sure that what you said here is correct. Are you atheist's prophet or have you gone to heaven come back? What evidence do you have to make us believe your lies. Pls don't misslead people here.
All I've done is use my brain. Fearlessly. When will you start to use yours? If you actually used your brain, as opposed to allowing your brain to be nullified by illogical religious claims, you wouldn't make this comment. For instance, it must be clear even to an infant that no Intelligent being, much less the Creator of the universe, could possibly make salvation dependent on one's accidental geography of birth. It takes no book to know this. Just simple, basic common sense and clear thinking. How then can there be only one true religion, given the size and diversity of the human population? How can you grow up believing that 2 billion chinese are all 'misguided' as are a billion Indians? And are all destined for eternal 'hell' and suffering for 'rejecting' YOUR chosen deity? It's a very unhealthy way to live and think. You should learn to appreciate and respect the diversity of humans across the globe, and reject the false exclusivity of your faith.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: The quoran? What about Confucianism? Buddhism? African religion and philosophy? The Hindi texts? Taoism? Survivalism? Zoroastrianism? Shintoism? Jainism? Have you studied any of these belief systems in-depth, and if not, how do you know their worth? And how can you "educate" anyone when your own brain is so lacking in knowledge and genuine exposure?
The way you talk shows your level of maturity.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2013
thorpido: The way you talk shows your level of maturity.
The way you type shows your level of ignorance and low IQ.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by thorpido(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2013
Rossikk: The way you type shows your level of ignorance and low IQ.
I can see who has the low IQ here.Can't u find other words to use unless u use the ones I use and then edit?Lol

Anyway I can see it has 2 do with your age,IQ and knowledge.

Don't bother replying....I'm outta ere.

#unfollowsthread.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 11:24pm On May 18, 2013
thorpido: I can see who has the low IQ here.Can't u find other words to use unless u use the ones I use and then edit?Lol

Anyway I can see it has 2 do with your age,IQ and knowledge.

Don't bother replying....I'm outta ere.

#unfollowsthread.

Flees after being shown incompetent to handle deep questions.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by nep2ra(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2013
Dear Rossikk,

Some people are just obnoxiously and wilfully ignorant. It's no use trying to revive them from their brainwashed state. They are all hot air and emotion. Their critical thinking abilities have since gone on a long vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

nep2ra

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by odumson: 10:24am On May 19, 2013
Real Spiritualism is dependent on Real Religion and that will definitely determine your Salvation. God is the only One that can give true Salvation and He gives to only those whose Real spiritualism is on the true Religion in which He has ordained for mankind (i.e. Al-Islam).
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 10:26am On May 19, 2013
nep2ra: Dear Rossikk,

Some people are just obnoxiously and wilfully ignorant. It's no use trying to revive them from their brainwashed state. They are all hot air and emotion. Their critical thinking abilities have since gone on a long vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

nep2ra
Thanks. It really is sad the way these religions have destroyed the reasoning faculties of their followers. Basic, common sense principles completely elude them. It's tragic. And the most egregious part of it is there are actually verses in their 'holy books' which command them NOT to think or reason. That isn't a surprise since the writers of those books knew that if their followers used their God given brains to examine what they were being taught, they'd reject it instantly for the senseless garbage much of it is.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Rossikk(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2013
odumson: Real Spiritualism is dependent on Real Religion and that will definitely determine your Salvation. God is the only One that can give true Salvation and He gives to only those whose Real spiritualism is on the true Religion in which He has ordained for mankind (i.e. Al-Islam).
Another example of the thoughtlessness I spoke about. If you'd been born and raised in China, Japan or Italy, would you consider Islam the "only true religion"? Why can't you use your brain instead of reasoning like a brute?
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by PastorAIO: 3:31pm On May 19, 2013
Rossikk: What technology? What knowledge? Will the increase in your knowledge about Buddha ever turn you into a Buddhist? You have this idea that people reject Christianity out of ignorance of it. Get such evil, arrogant, misguided thinking out of your system.

The technology that will allow man to physically see God face to face and thus make not only his existence as portrayed by the religion, but the religion itself, incontrovertibly proved true.
Re: Salvation Is Not Dependent On Your Faith Or Religion by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 19, 2013
Pastor AIO:

The technology that will allow man to physically see God face to face and thus make not only his existence as portrayed by the religion, but the religion itself, incontrovertibly proved true.

Actually such 'technology' exists already in the form of documented Out of Body experiences and Near-death experiences reported by millions of people over centuries till date. Those who have gone through those experiences relate that God has no favourite religion, does not particularly care if he's worshipped or not, and most certainly has no burning furnace reserved for 'unbelievers'. (Check out www.near-death.com)

Now we know that such a benevolent God is bad for the pocket books of your clergy, hence the need to disfigure his character, make him fearsome, so people flock to you out of fear of 'eternal torture' and 'damnation'.

But the truth is that God is simply not the brutish, ignorant tyrant that christianity and islam paint him as.

(1) (Reply)

ICLC 2014 / If You Find Out That This Guy Is Dating Your Girlfriend/wife, What Will You Do? / Bayo Akinleye Also Rejected TB Joshua's Bribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.