Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,076 members, 7,949,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps (5874 Views)

Home Remedies To Relieve Constipation / How To Alleviate Menstrual Cramps With Yoga Exercises [PICTURES And VIDEO] / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by ilelabola(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2013
Natural Way to Relieve Menstrual cramps~
>Be hydrated- dehydration can worsen the cramps.drink a lot of water make sure u are hydrated.
> Ginger:
During times of a painful menstruation, use ginger as an effective home remedy. Pound a piece of ginger and boil it in a cup ofwater for a couple of minutes. Sweeten the infusion with sugar anddrink three times daily after meals.
>Hot Water Bottle:
Place a hot water bottle on your stomach to relieve cramps.
> Drink Hot Liquids:
When your pelvic region feels congested and cramped, allow the warmth of hot liquids to increase your blood flow and relax your muscles. Some of the best drinks include hot herbal teas and warmed up lemonade.
>Cinnamon (darchini):
The anti-inflammato ­ry and antispasmodic properties associated
with cinnamon can ease the symptoms of menstrual cramping. Sprinkle cinnamon on your breakfastfoods or add to a tea************For more usefull and meaningfull information like this page fb.com/basicknowledgeandwisdom
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 18, 2013
Thanks op, but i'v tried all these except cinnamon, and this terrible pain wont stop, I just need any available help please save a soul.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by tinuolababy(f): 8:39pm On May 18, 2013
This is something that has been bothering my mind.sometimes I have to take leave from work because of MP. angry it's getting out of hand o
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by oyinbogirl(f): 2:46pm On May 19, 2013
do either of you eat yam?
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 19, 2013
Does eating of yam help with menstrual pain? cos i eat it but not too much, still awaiting reasponse on this thing o.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by tinuolababy(f): 7:55pm On May 19, 2013
oyinbogirl: do either of you eat yam?
yes i eat yam.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by oyinbogirl(f): 5:48am On May 21, 2013
Girls , i feel you. Period pain is no joke. I know yams contain estrogen, and added to your bodys own can cause an inbalance in the body between estrogen & progesterone. Yes it can be a factor if you eat a lot of them. Just eat them in moderation. Also check and make sure your MAGNESIUM level is adequate. Lack of magnesium causes muscular cramps, cos magnesium is a trace element the body needs yet can easily be depleted. Symptoms of magnesium deficiency include: hyperexcitability, dizziness, muscle cramps, muscle weakness and fatigue.

Make sure you are getting adequate rest and taking in clean water as well. All things in moderation.

Simple measures such as adequate sleep, rest, relaxation, stopping smoking, limiting alcohol intake, regular exercise (especially prior to the start of your period) and attention to overall fitness, local application of heat (such as with a hot water bottle or heating pad over the abdomen and pelvic area) and massage to the back and lower abdomen can all help.

Lastly if the pain just wont be gone, visit your doctor and make sure you done have fibroids which are benign toumours inside the uterus or [b][/b]endemetriosis (where the cells that usually line the uterus migrate to other parts of the pelvis causing severe pain on menstruation)

Ive got a herbal tea i will send to my sister, she gets it bad too. Try all the tips first and if you dont get relief pls go and see your doc and ask about getting checked for the other two. Hope this is of some help to you girls....one love
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by hillsate: 2:47pm On May 21, 2013
Please for those having painful menstruation, there this drug that ladies take its called ZOFLAM. It is an Nsaid. I've seen ladies who take it and their pain eases. Should be available in pharmacies around. Come back and thank me.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 21, 2013
@ Hillsate thanks but i have heard a lot about pain relief but i dont want to take it again 'cos i heard it has some side effects on fertility. @ Oyinbogirl thanks a lot, am thinking of going to the hospital too but i have been procastinating because the pain is getting worse everymonth but i know God will help me.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Emysandy: 1:26pm On May 22, 2013
Eat ripe Banana (notable research, you can google to know more ), and take garlic with a lot of water few days to your menstrual day
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 22, 2013
Please no pain relief affects your fertility joor. Don't go by hearsay. Only contraception affects your hormones

Take pain relief if they work, however any NSAID taken regularly will affect the lining of ur stomach and may cause ulcers . Non-NSAID drugs are fine

I stopped pai relief because to a large extent they didn't work

Done all the hot water and ginger methods mentioned here and though they provide relief, MP still affects my ability to do any activity for that day.
I'm tryin metformic acid( I hope I got the name right)next.

Fibroids tend to be linked to heavy bleeding than painful periods. Endometriosis is more likely to cause painful periods.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by bolorunfem(f): 11:56am On May 24, 2013
salsera:

Fibroids tend to be linked to heavy bleeding than painful periods. Endometriosis is more likely to cause painful periods.

I want to disagree with you on the above. In my own FIBROID case, I do not experience heavy bleeding but rather extremely painful periods! I also know a couple of ladies that share the same experience. I think it varies from person to person undecided.
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by leverage12(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2013
Shollym: Thanks op, but i'v tried all these except cinnamon, and this terrible pain wont stop, I just need any available help please save a soul.
use antilipemic tea and zinc for better result. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 25, 2013
Leverage12
thanks, please what is antilipemic tea and where do you think i can get
it? is it a food supplement and what type of zinc do i get? please am anticipating your response.

1 Like

Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by leverage12(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2013
Shollym: Leverage12
thanks, please what is antilipemic tea and where do you think i can get
it? is it a food supplement and what type of zinc do i get? please am anticipating your response.
Yes they are both supplements and I have wonderful testimonies of People that have used this supplements having alike challenges. They are both Tienshi Products and I happen to be a distribuctor of the Company. You can get the supplement from any Tienshi distributor or if you stay in Lagos you can call me on 08138436585 to set a date to meet with you at my office then If we will run some test and then I will explain in details of the Products to you and how to go about it. Cheers
Re: Natural Way To Relieve Menstrual Cramps by Agrika: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
All these are a mere waste of time chew 3 leaves of bitterleaf, the pains stops instantly within 10mins at most 15mins.

(1) (Reply)

How To Eliminate FIBRIODS Without SURGERY Or DRUGS / We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors / Tips On Vigina Yeast Infection And How To Treat It With Garlic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.