Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,787 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is She Really Pregnant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is She Really Pregnant? (6076 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2013
Good evening house.
I've been thinking all day about what my girl friend told me.she said she's 1 wk n 3days pregnant.after a long while of being apart we finally made up some weeks ago,3wks ago she came over and we had s**.Nw she says she's pregnant(1wk and 3days).Now my question is can a pregnancy test detect it at such early stage? and 2ndly why is it a week and 3days when actually we did it 3wks ago.
I might sound so ignorant.just help me clarify issues. Married people n Medical personnel in the house. Help out.pls. Thanks in anticipation of ur answers.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2013
U guys just view d thread and leave . I need explanations O.Ibeg
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 18, 2013
Health section would be a great fit for your thread . Or @Byvan

A week pregnancy careful bro , sounds like a trap to me lipsrsealed
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 18, 2013
she got preg for someone else. Take her without her knowing for a preg test in a good hospital and you will be suprise.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 18, 2013
she got pregnant for someone else. Take her without her knowing for a preg test in a good hospital and you will be suprise.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 18, 2013
It's extremely possible. If you all (carelessly) had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago and it happened to fall during her fertile time or ovulation, then of course she could have gotten pregnant. Her telling you she is 1 week 3 days likely means it's 1 week 3 days since she missed her menses and so she is dating the pregnancy from her last missed period. In actuality, she has been pregnant for about 3 weeks. But yes the timing sounds right because the menses is supposed to come 2 weeks after ovulation so it makes sense that it's been about a week since she missed it.

Now whether everything is exactly as it seems or not, I can't help you with that. Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2013
ileobatojo: It's extremely possible. If you all (carelessly) had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago and it happened to fall during her fertile time or ovulation, then of course she could have gotten pregnant. Her telling you she is 1 week 3 days likely means it's 1 week 3 days since she missed her menses and so she is dating the pregnancy from her last missed period. In actuality, she has been pregnant for about 3 weeks. But yes the timing sounds right because the menses is supposed to come 2 weeks after ovulation so it makes sense that it's been about a week since she missed it.

Now whether everything is exactly as it seems or not, I can't help you with that. Goodluck.
She told me she was suppose to see her monthly flow last wk,she also said the pregnancy test said 1wk n 3days.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 18, 2013
vykte:
She told me she was suppose to see her monthly flow last wk,she also said the pregnancy test said 1wk n 3days.

Yes there are pregnancy tests that give you an estimate of how far along you are. I don't know if they are that specific though to say 1 week ad 3 days. I know some will say 1-2 weeks pregnant or 2-3 weeks pregnant and so forth.

Anyway, since she says she was able to get a hold of that pregnancy test kit, I would suggest you have her get another one (or you go and buy it with her) and have her retest herself in front of you. All she needs to do is pee on a new stick and you get the result within a few seconds. Very easy to reproduce with no special planning or advance notice needed. That way, you can bust a lie if any as the process goes along.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 4:42am On May 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Yes there are pregnancy tests that give you an estimate of how far along you are. I don't know if they are that specific though to say 1 week ad 3 days. I know some will say 1-2 weeks pregnant or 2-3 weeks pregnant and so forth.

Anyway, since she says she was able to get a hold of that pregnancy test kit, I would suggest you have her get another one (or you go and buy it with her) and have her retest herself in front of you. All she needs to do is pee on a new stick and you get the result within a few seconds. Very easy to reproduce with no special planning or advance notice needed. That way, you can bust a lie if any as the process goes along.
Thanks dear. God bless you.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2013
Congratulations Daddy

2 Likes

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by natasha: 8:52am On May 19, 2013
take her for an ultrasound scan. It dates the pregnancy based on the length of the foetus. You will see the actual calculation on the screen in weeks & days.

1 Like

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 11:20am On May 19, 2013
dayokanu: Congratulations Daddy
Lol
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by ameenahz(f): 3:06pm On May 19, 2013
Well, if u guys had sex 3 weeks ago and it was on the day (or around the time) of her ovulation, then it is possible that she is pregnant. What i dont know is if there are PT strips or casettes that picks pregnancy this early and give you the specifics (1 week, 3days). What i think you shld do is find a means of getting her to repeat the PT before your very eyes. If positive, go with her for an ultrasound scan. The regular ultrasound scan WILL NOT pick a pregnancy of less than 5 weeks after which the gestational sac will be obvious andthe pregnancy can be dated (the scan done through the vagina can pick pregnancy less than 5 weeks old, anyway). Wt a positive PT and a normal, no pregnancy scan, then u r goin 2 become a daddy in the next 38 weeks!

Ileobatojo has answered ur second question.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 19, 2013
Lol@Jide,i wonder the type of PT strip she used.happy Sunday madam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2013
ameenahz: Well, if u guys had sex 3 weeks ago and it was on the day (or around the time) of her ovulation, then it is possible that she is pregnant. What i dont know is if there are PT strips or casettes that picks pregnancy this early and give you the specifics (1 week, 3days). What i think you shld do is find a means of getting her to repeat the PT before your very eyes. If positive, go with her for an ultrasound scan. The regular ultrasound scan WILL NOT pick a pregnancy of less than 5 weeks after which the gestational sac will be obvious andthe pregnancy can be dated (the scan done through the vagina can pick pregnancy less than 5 weeks old, anyway). Wt a positive PT and a normal, no pregnancy scan, then u r goin 2 become a daddy in the next 38 weeks!

Ileobatojo has answered ur second question.
Tanx dear! Daddy ke! I just hope that's not d case.I'm just a 24yr old graduate managing a lil job.tho I'm an ACA.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 19, 2013
vykte:
Tanx dear! Daddy ke! I just hope that's not d case.I'm just a 24yr old graduate managing a lil job.tho I'm an ACA.

If it didn't stop u from kpekusing skin to skin, it shouldn't also stop u from being a father. Congratulations dear. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by vykte(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2013
grin
bettymafy:

If it didn't stop u from kpekusing skin to skin, it shouldn't also stop u from being a father. Congratulations dear. cheesy
grin
bettymafy:

Lol
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Connoisseur(m): 11:13pm On May 19, 2013
Like I always say, pray she s just pregnant. That one na child s play but if you contract HIV, you know ma
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:25am On May 20, 2013
U r afraid now but dis is what 50N cd would hv prevented.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 20, 2013
byvan: Lol@Jide,i wonder the type of PT strip she used.happy Sunday madam!
electronic pregnancy kit I think, it can tell the number of weeks minus the customary 2 weeks added by doctors.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by baby124: 4:14am On May 21, 2013
As my NL people will say "Sounds fishing". Just let her know you will be doing a DNA test as the dates don't add up. When you do a DNA test you can decide what next is your course of action. If she runs away after this, then your puzzle has been solved. I know they count from your last period, but they also ask when last you had unprotected sex. Take her to a proper doctor and keep your eyes and ears open.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:54am On May 21, 2013
Even the cheapest pregnancy tests these days can detect pregnancy 8 days past ovulation... But they cant tell you accurately how far along you are unless you get blood work and the doctor checks your HCG levels or ultrasound.
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by miredia(m): 4:57am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu: Congratulations Daddy
looool grin grin this is the more demoralising
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by miredia(m): 4:59am On May 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Even the cheapest pregnancy tests these days can detect pregnancy 8 days past ovulation... But they cant tell you accurately how far along you are unless you get blood work and the doctor checks your HCG levels or ultrasound.
how accurate are those early detection kits?
Re: Is She Really Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:03am On May 21, 2013
miredia: how accurate are those early detection kits?

They detect HCG levels, right? The more concentrated the urine, the higher the levels.. So a more diluted urine would have lower amounts of HCG thus giving off false results..

Example.. A lady is 8 weeks pregnant but uses dilated urine.. The test will say she is 1-2 weeks. Not very accurate

I would say they are less than 30% accurate.

(1) (Reply)

When He Can't Get Up Down There / Your Wife Slaps Your Mother In Your Presence, What Would You Do ? / Can A Two Brothers Marry From The Same Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.