Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:10 PM

Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? (6866 Views)

Nigeria Police Academy Begins Sale Of Application Forms / Lagos State Civil Service Application Forms / Where Can I Download Nigerian Immigration Application Forms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by feeljohnny(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2013
@OP.....Your post only remind me of Omawumi;- 'If u ask me, na who i go ask...'

2 Likes

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 19, 2013
CashVessel: DSS is more than a job, Its a life-long career and the Army, an institution.You might wanna ask if it is right for JAMB forms to be sold or better still,WAEC registration fee to be scrapped.N2500 is pittance compared to the priviledge given to join d army.
but how many people will be given jobs? that is where the problem is.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by killuminati(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2013
akpanoka: I heard the Nigerian Army asked applicants to pay #2500 for application forms into their Direct Short Service. Is it right for youths struggling for survival to be extorted by govt establishment? And most times, 95% of these applicants don't end Up getting the job. Is this a global practices? Ur view pls
This is bad, real bad, Micheal Jackson!
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by omeiz93: 9:25pm On May 19, 2013
This is the height of corruption in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by cjprince(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2013
It is just very wrong for graduates to be passing through such. There's no reason why money should be collected from applicants when there is no assurance that the job will be given based on merit. It is just an act of wickedness.... I don talk my own.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Butoneday2(m): 9:58pm On May 19, 2013
No it is not proper? angry
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by mrinfo(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2013
lonelydora: The money is supposed to be for logistics, but in Nigeria is another dubious way to make more money from people.

BAba God! Thank you for allowing me be the 1st to comment. I have been trying since I joined Nairaland, and today u made it happen. I abandoned my work in the office today just to be the 1st to comment. To all the Moderators that made it happen, I say THANK YOU.

If you get sacked tomorrow now you'll come here lambasting your former employers
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Favben(m): 11:33pm On May 19, 2013
I am of the opinion that organisations,parastatals even, requesting payment from applicants before issuing out application forms is wrong...most times, recruitments of this form are only a fraud and even if it be real, on what grounds are the unemployed seeking employment made to bear the cost of the recruitment process
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 20, 2013
lonelydora: The money is supposed to be for logistics, but in Nigeria is another dubious way to make more money from people.
wot is logistics? What happened to d moni dat cums to dem from ALLOCATIONS?
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by talura(f): 5:33am On May 20, 2013
No, its not right!! Its pathetic how government create greedy ways of enriching their pocket, when we know It would cost them nothing to make the forms free.

1 Like

Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by ochallo: 8:01am On May 20, 2013
It is definitely wrong and an indication that all is not well in that organisation, maybe not in terms of finances but in terms of structure, integrity and doing things the right way. That is the more reason why you have to ask yourself some burning questions when you get job offers,here are they.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by frankobaba(m): 11:22am On May 20, 2013

BAba God! Thank you for allowing me be the 1st to comment. I have been trying since I joined Nairaland, and today u made it happen. I abandoned my work in the office today just to be the 1st to comment. To all the Moderators that made it happen, I say THANK YOU.

hahahahahaha...very funny
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by OlufemiAbbey(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2013

Much ado about nothing.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by chipet67(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2013
We now money to search for money . Hmm
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by chipet67(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2013
We now use money to search for money . Hmm
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by alajor(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
Hell no! But for 9ja anytin is possible when it concerns money. I neva pay 1kobo for application form abroad. God save 9ja.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Buc(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2013
CashVessel: DSS is more than a job, Its a life-long career and the Army, an institution.You might wanna ask if it is right for JAMB forms to be sold or better still,WAEC registration fee to be scrapped.N2500 is pittance compared to the priviledge given to join d army.
if you were trying to make sense wit this your comment, you didn't.Doesn't it sound ridiculous that Nigerians should pay money at a chance to ve a career in the army? If Nigeria was to be at war would the govt be selling application forms?
Its sad that Nigerians allow exploitations like this. Let everybody refuse to pay the money and lets see if the govt wouldn't drop the madness and even pay people to apply.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by Buc(m): 9:45pm On May 20, 2013
God forbid, I'll never pay such money. Crimes against humanity as defined by the international community should be reviewed to address the wickedness perpetrated by the State against the mass majority of the population. As long as a fee had been added to opportunities or privileges as provided by the govt, it automatically disqualifies certain individuals.
Even state govts are now cashing in on this pattern to generate\extort money from their indigenes.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by kumari089(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2013
Hell no. When after all only 1% of those applicant when be considered.
Re: Should Applicants Pay For Application Forms? by shaqhead: 12:00pm On May 22, 2013
Rily? hmm...SMH Does d act conform to world best practices of recruitment? is d qstn!! HELL NO NO NO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telinno Consulting Limited Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / FCMB Recruiting OND, Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Somebody Should Help Me (my Original Nysc Certificate Is Missing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.