Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,688 members, 7,951,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

Please I Will Like To Know. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Will Like To Know. (1150 Views)

Pictures: Classy Or Trashy? Can You Dress Like To Church? / If Someone Wrote A Book To Decode The Bible Do You Think The Lord Will Like It / I Will Like To Apologise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2008
Is it true that there is no mention of Hell in the old testament of the bible? if there is i will like some one to show me the verses and if there is'nt i will like to know the reason why it was'nt mentioned therein.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2008
Where are the great debaters here on the religious thread? i posted a simple and rational question but everybody decided to leave it unanswered, people prefer to go around fighting and casting aspersion on each others religion than answering an honourable and decent question.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 27, 2008
don't be too full of yourself, no one has time to debate when the answer is obvious, haven't you come across 'hades' in your old testament?or you didnt see 'the deep' in your psalms? angry gosh why d heck did i even reply
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by huxley(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2008
Hell Past, Hell Present; Which Do You Prefer?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113947.0.html#msg1971669

If you lived in the period of the Old Testament, you would have had NOTHING to fear about burning in the eternal flames of hell. Why? Because the notion of hell as a place of eternal punishment did not exist at that time. The eternal burning fireworks of hell, as punishment, did not exist until gentle Jesus, meek and mild makes his entry onto the Judean landscape.

Old Testament describes a notion of a place for the dead devoid of punishment, but this is a far cry from the burning fireworks, which did not enter popular imagination until Jesus gave it graphic illustration in the new Testament. So what reason did people living in the OT era have for been righteous, given that they were never subject to the threat of hellfire for not being righteous?

With the advent of the Jesus doctrine, the place of the dead takes a cruel and particularly wicked refurbishment from a place of mild repose to one of eternal punishment. Imagine the surprise of those souls who were already in hell before Jesus arrived and enjoying gentle relaxation. Upon Jesus's arrival, the sheep would have had to be separated from the goats, with the goats subjected to the newly introduced furnishings of fireworks. So much for the kind, meek, gentle and loving Jesus

For more on the doctrine of hell, check the following links below;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113947.0.html#msg1971669
http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/tbhell.html
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/beliefs/hell.htm
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2008
From the Qu/r'an, we read that Adam (as), the first man, contrary to the belief of Huxley, was created after all things were created. That included the creation of Hell, the focus of this thread. The proof of it was that after his creation, God Almighty gave him knowledge about things created, which God did not give to Angels. As a result of this distinction of Adam over the Angels, at that time, God commanded them to prostrate to Adam. This obedience of command is to God alone. But Satan who was a jinn nature in the community of Angels had the free will, just like humans. He refused. This was the test to reveal his inner condition, because he was very jealous of Adam.

But Satan was the only one saved from his generation, which was destryed before the creation of Adam. So Satan was just a temporary good, until Adam was created whereby his hatred was unleashed against Adam as indicated above, in disobedience to God. And after Eve was created and both mates were heralded into Paradise, Satan seduced them into going to the tree which they have been forbidden.

But as the husband and wife were sent down from heaven to earth, a place where their progenies can now be delivered, raised, lived to undergo the trial for which they were designed to go through by the design of God, Satan was also sent down out of heaven. But satan was never in Paradise. So his process of seduction of Adam and Eve to go to the tree in Paradise was by suggestion; putting the process in whispering into their mind. ( Paradise is diffrerent; but within the sphere we call heaven here on earth. In actuality, paradise is beyond heaven. But heaven is not Paradise/ not all heaven is paradise. Remember the 7 layers of heaven).

On earth, Adam and Eve got favors from God. First, they were inspired to seek forgiveness. And God accepted their repentance. The truth is that by A/llah, they will not go to hellfire. Hence the original sin is dead! There is nothing original about it. But Satan never seek forgiveness. Instead he became more and more determined to lead astray the progeny of Adam. No wonder we see most disbelieving the existence of God. Or worshipping images/idols, graven images, physically or that of the heart. Or worshipping multiple head god. Or having a lukewarm process of worshipping. Or being deviant in every manner.

As stated above, Adam/mankind was the last to be created. So Hellfire must have been created prior. But i wonder how the OT kinda missed that. Or maybe as according to a response, they used to call it Hedean in their time? This is puzzling. But interestingly, where would the dead among the tyranical pharaoh and him go, but fire of Hell? Where would the dead among the children of israel who worshipped the golden calf end up, in the day of Judgement other than hellfire? Inshort, where would the disobedients end up before Jesus told the Children of Israel, according to the topic? Would the people who perished in Noah's flood not be inmates of hellfire? Would the Sodomites of Sodom and Gomorrah not end up there as well? Will Nemarod who threw Ibrahim in raging inferno be spared of hell?

Again, am grateful to God the Almighty that I am a mu/s/lim. There is none to be worshipped except God Almighty A/l/lah. The One, Everlasting and Controller of all things. The Lord of the Throne Supreme. The One who is the Judge of the day of judgement. The One who is never tired, never weary and never dies.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by detruth: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2008
@Poster
Why are you busy looking for Hell? Did you want to go there?
I bet it with you, it will be too uncomfortable for your liking.
Had it be you ask about heaven, I would have shown you the way!

Answer: JESUS
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2008
olabowale:

From the Qu/r'an, we read that Adam (as), the first man, contrary to the belief of Huxley, was created after all things were created. That included the creation of Hell, the focus of this thread. The proof of it was that after his creation, God Almighty gave him knowledge about things created, which God did not give to Angels. As a result of this distinction of Adam over the Angels, at that time, God commanded them to prostrate to Adam. This obedience of command is to God alone. But Satan who was a jinn nature in the community of Angels had the free will, just like humans. He refused. This was the test to reveal his inner condition, because he was very jealous of Adam.

But Satan was the only one saved from his generation, which was destryed before the creation of Adam. So Satan was just a temporary good, until Adam was created whereby his hatred was unleashed against Adam as indicated above, in disobedience to God. And after Eve was created and both mates were heralded into Paradise, Satan seduced them into going to the tree which they have been forbidden.

But as the husband and wife were sent down from heaven to earth, a place where their progenies can now be delivered, raised, lived to undergo the trial for which they were designed to go through by the design of God, Satan was also sent down out of heaven. But satan was never in Paradise. So his process of seduction of Adam and Eve to go to the tree in Paradise was by suggestion; putting the process in whispering into their mind. ( Paradise is diffrerent; but within the sphere we call heaven here on earth. In actuality, paradise is beyond heaven. But heaven is not Paradise/ not all heaven is paradise. Remember the 7 layers of heaven).

On earth, Adam and Eve got favors from God. First, they were inspired to seek forgiveness. And God accepted their repentance. The truth is that by A/llah, they will not go to hellfire. Hence the original sin is dead! There is nothing original about it. But Satan never seek forgiveness. Instead he became more and more determined to lead astray the progeny of Adam. No wonder we see most disbelieving the existence of God. Or worshipping images/idols, graven images, physically or that of the heart. Or worshipping multiple head god. Or having a lukewarm process of worshipping. Or being deviant in every manner.

As stated above, Adam/mankind was the last to be created. So Hellfire must have been created prior. But i wonder how the OT kind of missed that. Or maybe as according to a response, they used to call it Hedean in their time? This is puzzling. But interestingly, where would the dead among the tyranical pharaoh and him go, but fire of Hell? Where would the dead among the children of israel who worshipped the golden calf end up, in the day of Judgement other than hellfire? Inshort, where would the disobedients end up before Jesus told the Children of Israel, according to the topic? Would the people who perished in Noah's flood not be inmates of hellfire? Would the Sodomites of Sodom and Gomorrah not end up there as well? Will Nemarod who threw Ibrahim in raging inferno be spared of hell?

Again, am grateful to God the Almighty that I am a mu/s/lim. There is none to be worshipped except God Almighty A/l/lah. The One, Everlasting and Controller of all things. The Lord of the Throne Supreme. The One who is the Judge of the day of judgement. The One who is never tired, never weary and never dies.

Bed time fables , oouch even educated people believe in all these myths grin grin grin grin Chie no be small thing ohhh.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by MCUsman(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2008
mazaje:

Bed time fables , oouch even educated people believe in all these myths grin grin grin grin Chie no be small thing ohhh.

It's not your fault. You've been programmed.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 11:50am On Apr 29, 2008
@mazaje:
Bed time fables , oouch even educated people believe in all these myths Chie no be small thing ohhh.
Obviously, you read the piece. Thats enough. If you die without being a m/u/slim, that piece will be a witness, in part against you. If you accept Is/la/m then the piece benefitted someone, at least.

Don't die unless you are in state of Is/la/m.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2008
MC Usman:

It's not your fault. You've been programmed.

Look who is talking grin grin

olabowale:

@mazaje: Obviously, you read the piece. Thats enough. If you die without being a m/u/slim, that piece will be a witness, in part against you. If you accept Is/la/m then the piece benefitted someone, at least.

Don't die unless you are in state of Is/la/m.

You wish, grin grin grin
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by Frizy(m): 5:28pm On Apr 29, 2008
mazaje:

That that sound funny to you is the truth. Another thing is to believe. By the way, you think education has anything to do with this? Please, I beg you, don't worship your intellect
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2008
Frizy:

That that sound funny to you is the truth. Another thing is to believe. By the way, you think education has anything to do with this? Please, I beg you, don't worship your intellect

Each to his/her own i would'nt want to argue with you but if i may ask how do you know that its the truth? you were only thought to believe it since when you were a child, if your parents were christains you would have believed in the bible fable not the islamic fable. . . . not to argue with you anyway each to his/her own as i aforementioned.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 1:03am On Apr 30, 2008
@mazaje: My mother was a christian, until just about 3 years ago. She converted, by the Mercy of A/ll/ah to I/s/lam. But when she was raising me, as a child i never believed her Bible stories though. Yet they were very romantic. She tolg me that as a little boy that I was always unhappy on Fridays when she was preparing for a job. She knew i was never buying her Bible stories. There. My soul believed not in anything but One God Almighty Alla/h.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by mazaje(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2008
Did A/llah introduce you to Islamm? NO, your father did, if both of your parents were christains you would have been one by now so let it be. . . . .
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by PastorAIO: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2008
olrotimi:

don't be too full of yourself, no one has time to debate when the answer is obvious, haven't you come across 'hades' in your old testament?or you didnt see 'the deep' in your psalms? angry gosh why d heck did i even reply

Hades is Greek for the resting place of the dead. It has nothing to do with the christian hellfire. Hades is both the Greek kingdom of the dead and the name of the Greek God of the Dead.

The Deep on the other hand referred in Jewish mythology to the place under the earth. The mythological picture was of a flat earth that rested on pillars that rose out of the deep.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by kolaoloye(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2008
The only thing to gain on this forum is to think about heaven which you can only access through JESUS the CHRIST.
Please stop bothering your head about hell (written or not written) in the old testament. WE have a new convenant
in JESUS. He paid the price on the cross. HELL is real,the only way to avoid it is to repent and be born again.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by olabowale(m): 11:17am On Apr 30, 2008
@Mazaje: Zainab, an Igbo woman from Owerri, Alhaji Issa Okeke, a farmer in Enugu, Mu/h/ammad, also an Igbo man in Brooklyn, became m/u/slims as adults. Though both of their parent are/were Christians. I also wondered who made and still making the many millions americans, males and females m/us/lims? Considering the whites who became mu/sl/ims among them are never forced and their blood is very foreign to I/s/lam. (Hamzah Yusuf of Zaituna institute in Hayward, near Oakland California. Hamzah Peltier in Cambridge/Boston Massachussett, Sheikh Issa Estes of Virginia, and many others).

I could talk about the Blacks, the Chinese, the Spanish and even the Caribbeans. Whats very interesting is that you find people from Haiti coming to I/s/lam in drove. If my parents were both non/mus/lims, A/l/lah the Almighty who created me would still make a way for me to become M/us/lim by abandoning disbelief. What is interestingis that I am a child of a man who easily could be my grandfather. So being introduced to Is/lam by him as your probable reason for my i/s/lam is weak. I grew up withmy mother in my life, because the old man (ra) died while I ws still not a teenager. His influence on me could not have been much.
Re: Please I Will Like To Know. by Image123(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2008
@topic
A bible costs about 500 naira- I don't know.Go and get one and find out.some people even give it free.As you can see even m'uslims have Bibe ,so get one and find out for yourself.Study to show yourself approved a work man that needs not to be ashamed.Anyway,the OT mentions hell more than the NT.Go do your homework

(1) (Reply)

Mr Shari'a-(Senator Yerima) Marries a 13 Year Old Egyptian. These Muslims Self / Have You Given Your Life To Christ? If Not Please Read This. Thanks / Jesus Was Killed For Political Reasons - Treasonable Felony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.