Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,179 members, 7,916,444 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (25772 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating / Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by levelszik(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Rehabilitation of airports,railways,highways,agricultural sector(rice),encouragement of locally made goods(although obj too did that by always puting on locally made ankara grin),continuously boosting our power capacity,fighting terrorism amidst performing his national duties diligently,launched 2 satellites withing his first 100 days in office,conducted d freest and fairest election,made anambra an oil producing state tongue,commissioned second niger bridge in onitsha,flagged off lagos ibadan expressway(obj neglected during his tenure),partly removed subsidy(oh yes we need that shiit removed,aint doing us any good lipsrsealed),called his wife to order when she went gaga(it takes a real man to do that,am talking from experince with my ex cheesy),.......and lots more.I no say make una come here dey tongue lash me ooO,cos I know say gej haterz plenty.#team fresh air till 2019#tongues out!

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by sotyuzono(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Am sure dis topic was posted by someone who has nt travelled of recent to see all d federal roads under construction, d railway linees from abuja to kano, privatisation of power, freedom of information bill, minimum wage, nt using d efcc to witch hunt political oponent, revamp of d pH refinarry which was nt workin bt nw workin at 60percnt, JONATHAN is certainly beter let's support him
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by danot1030: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
gazilion:

I believe president Jonathan is being distracted so much by these selfish governors and political jobbers... d qaulity of gud leadership ignoring distractn n kp foccus, givin atentn 2 evry tin makes u a kindergaten
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Jensenelizz(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
awodman:
If you follow the news you will know that all this is already happening..its just a matter of reaching the final destination and that too will happen in no distant time
ok make we no argue make we just follow reach im final destination.............then when im no do anytin i go quote u on dis post
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by egift(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Jonathan have a better smile of deception. You should be nominating Jonathan for the worst leadership of all time. #Corruption tinz

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
@ everyone who desire to comment, please compare OBJ's first 2years and with that of GEJ or wait until after GEJ end his 8 years before making your comparison. Any way u wish, GEJ will surpass
#TRUTH
olakintanj: I strongly believe that Jonathan we have more woes as legacy than any positive achievement. Am speaking without sentiment and with all sense of responsibility.
1. For the removal of subsidy
2. For the long ASUU strike
3. For dividing PDP into 2 factions
4. For Doctors Strike
5. For toying with the Power sector in the name of privatization
6. For His inability to curb the operation of Boko Haram
7. For the embargo United Kingdom place on Nigeria in the name of paying £3000, to ascertain your entry into UK
8. For his role in Rivers State anarchy
9. For his power roadmap which much was spent on, but could not see the light of the day, etc

SENTIMENTS

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Effwazobia: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2013
awodman: 1) The power reforms of GEJ will dwarf any legacy OBJ left behind

2) Our mass transit systems viz rail, roads, ports and airports will also be another legacy

3) Demystification of Governance and all the secrecy associated with it

4) The reforms in agriculture will also be another legacy

Thank you so much my brother. The power reform is a huge one. This same power reform under which $16 billion disappeared during Obasanjo's regime. Don't forget about international airport in all the regions. In all honesty, there shouldn't really be any comparison. Obasanjo had all the support from all the regions. However, GEJ is not fully supported in the North and even Westerners support for him get as e bee . OBJ's regime wasn't ungovernable neither. Even with all the pressure on Jonathan from the North with all the BH madness, he has managed to privatize the power sector which in my opinion would be the springboard of economic freedom in this country. Another one in the making would be to crush Abuja. Abuja is too powerful for anything to move smoothly and effectively in the right direction in that country. Can you imagine, if all the oil in North Dakota or in the Gulf states of the USA belongs to the USA government based outta Washington DC? All those states wouldn't be as developed as it is. If I were GEJ, if I get stopped from my second term, then I will make sure I literally use my powers to burn down the whole country
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by awodman: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
ayodeji752: u forgot to write free and fair election
Thanks alot..how did I even forget that..corrected
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by danot1030: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2013
gazilion:

I believe president Jonathan is being distracted so much by these selfish governors and political jobbers..
d quality of gud lidaship is ignorin distractn n kp focus, atentn 4 evry minor makes u a kindergaten lider.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by awodman: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Jensen_elizz: ok make we no argue make we just follow reach im final destination.............then when im no do anytin i go quote u on dis post
Your head dey thr..me two the wait for the final destination
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by segzicres(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2013
fast guy 10: @OP I dnt blame u bt I blame GEJ 4 tolerating nonsense from Nigerians if It was OBJ regime will u post ds rubbish
Your're very foolish for this post. Nigerians have awaken thank GOD. Shed away the dirty skin of sentiments and let's vote in a competent leader.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by solomon111(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerians have short memories.
The same OBJ that was a tyrant.
The same OBJ that embezzled $16billion meant for power reforms.
The same OBJ that was not able to reactivate our railway sector and repair our roads.
The same OBJ,under whose tenure the aviation sector was a complete mess.
The same OBJ under whose tenure pensioners were dying off like fowls before getting their pension.
The same OBJ that unconstitutionally witheld the federal allocation of a state for years.
The same OBJ under whose tenure price of fuel was never constant and NLC were always going on strike.
The same obj under whose tenure inflation was in double-digits,e.t.c.
Smh.
The only thing OBJ did well was taming troublesome northern elements,and GEJ will have to learn how to.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Bizibi(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2013
Abeg wait until GEJ completes his term then u can compare
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by nkemKalu: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2013
coogar:

this bit already tells me you are perhaps a stark illiterate. OBJ introduced what? so are you going to commend IBB for introducing satellite TV in nigeria or shagari for introducing video machines?

arrant nonsense!
.........GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN BROUGHT FACEBOOK TO NIGERIA. IF U DOUBT ME GO AND ASK LIE-BARAN MAKU......EKPARIKPA
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by furezra(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Below are some of PGEJ accomplishments:
2ND NIGER BRIDGE (ASABA/ONITSHA) AWARDED
TO JULIUS BERGER AFTER 50 YEARS
ZENGERU POWER PROJECT NIGER STATE
AWARDED AFTER 32 YEARS
LAGOS /IBADAN EXPRESSWAY (OGUN/OYO/
LAGOS STATE) AWARDED TO JULIUS BERGER
AFTER 35 YEARS
ORE—BENIN EXPRESSWAY COMPLETED
EAST-WEST ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
ABUJA- LOKOJA ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
KEFFI/LAFIA, MAKURDI/OTURKPO,NINTH MILE
ENUGU DUAL ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
LAGOS --- KANO RAILWAY RECONSTRUCTION
COMPLETED
PORTHARCOURT-- MAIDUGURI RAILWAY
RECONSRUCTION TO BE COMPLETED BY DEC 2013
GOODLUCK JONATHAN LEADERSHIP HAS
BROUGTH ABOUT A FREE/INDEPENDENT
JUDICIARY SINCE INDEPENDENCE
The revolution taking place in terms of
infrastructure reconstruction and rehabilitation
has not been seen anywhere in Africa. These are in
the area of road construction that is taking place
massively nationwide. AND INVESTING N3
BILLION NAIRA IN NOLLYWOOD TO BOOST THE
ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY.
Signing of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
INTO LAW THEREBY Making NIGERIANS AND THE
NIGERIAN MEDIA ONE OF THE FREEST IN THE
WORLD AND SALARY INCREASE OF 53% IN 2010
MAKING THE NIGERIAN WORKER QUITE
COMFORTABLE.
GIVING HANDSOME REWARD TO THE SUPER
EAGLES FOR WINNING THE AFRICAN CUP OF
NATIONS AFTER 19 YEARS TO FURTHER
CHALLENGE THE EAGLES TO ASPIRE HIGHER
Airport reconstruction and remodeling taking
place nationwide. Railway line reconstruction and
rehabilitation with Lagos to Kano completed and
functional. The Portharcourt to Maiduguri railway
line will be coming on stream by year end.
Seaport construction and expansion of existing
ones. E.g. Warri port Delta State, Baro- Niger State,
Kogi, Calabar, Onne, Owerri, Onitsha etc.
Building of TEN new power plant simultaneously
that will significantly boast power supply in the
country not forgetting the transparent
privatization in that sector without any
controversy that will lead to massive investment
and power facility upgrade that will be beneficial
to the entire nation.
University education is now more readily
accessible by Nigerians with TEN new universities
approved and functional. In addition, billions of
naira is being expended on primary and post
primary education to assist the entire states of the
federation. These are in the building of new
primary and post primary school classrooms and
also for the acquisition of textbook which has been
distributed to aid learning at this level. Almagiri
school not excluded.
EDUCATION
TEN NEW FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES
LOCATIONS----KATSINA, KANO(POLICE
UNIVERSITY WUDIL), ZAMFARA, TARABA,
GOMBE, YOBE, KOGI, EKITI,EBONYI AND BAYELSA
STATES.
ALMAGIRI SCHOOLS
NUMBERS-----295+
LOCATION----NORTHERN NIGERIA
The agricultural revolution currently on going in
Nigeria is commendable with the attendant
removal of corruption from the acquisition and
distribution of fertilizers. Food security is the
security of Nigeria.
President Good luck Jonathan has today changed
the bad attitude and mentality of most Nigerian
politicians and voters. This he has done through
the conduct of free and fair election all over the
country. Edo and Ondo states are appetizers, there
are more to come. His Presidency has stabilize the
polity and foster integration, Progress in the image
of Nigeria abroad and Progress in emergency
management (Flood control).
With President Goodluck Jonathan, election in
Nigeria will be one of the best in the world thereby
taking away the do or die nature of our politicians
and followers.
Today, the Boko Haram insurgency has been
reduced to occasional ambush tactics thereby
putting them on the back foot. Other forms of
violent crimes and criminality like kidnappings,
armed robberies, pipeline vandalism and illegal
bunkering are being tackled frontally and soon
they will be history. Industrialization is gradually
taking root thereby leading to the steady growth of
the economy. His government is protecting
Nigerians and Nigeria’s business interest and its
citizens abroad.
CURRENTLY, THE GOODLUCK JONATHAN
ADMINISTRATION HAS TAKEN NIGERIA FROM A
LOW INCOME COUNTRY TO A MEDIUM INCOME
COUNTRY THEREBY MAKING FUNDS FOR
DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS FROM GLOBAL
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS READILY AVAILABLE
AND ATTRACTING INVESTMENTS IN KEY
SECTORS OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY.
WITH GOODLUCK JONATHAN, NIGERIA NOW
HAVE 50 BILLION DOLLARS IN FOREIGN
RESERVE, ONE BILLION DOLLAR IN SOVEREIGN
WEALTH FUND AND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN
EXCESS CRUDE ACOUNT MAKING NIGERIA THE
PREFERRED INVESTMENT DESTINATION IN
WORLD. THE REFINERIES ARE WORKING AGAIN.
DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BORNO,
YOBE, AND ADAMAWA STATES WITHOUT
TEMPERING WITH THE DEMOCRATIC
STRUCTURES YET ACHIEVING THE DESIRED AIMS
AND OBJECTIVES OF SECURITY, PEACE,
PROTECTION OF INNOCENT NIGERIANS,
STABILITY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH OF THE
REGION AND THE ENTIRE FEDERATION. THE
DECLARATION MAKES GOODLUCK JONATHAN A
LEADER, A DEMOCRAT AND A STATEMAN.
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN, THE BEST
PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD.
Let’s support him to succeed.

7 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by solomon111(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2013
segzi cres:
Your're very foolish for this post. Nigerians have awaken thank GOD. Shed away the dirty skin of sentiments and let's vote in a competent leader.
The only reason why you think Nigerians have woken up is because we are under a democrat who has entrenched the principle of free and fair elections and strengthening of opposition.
Why didn't Nigerians wake up under OBJ?

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by danot1030: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2013
ifihearam: I do not think there is any basis of comparison,obj wasted 8 years in office CANNOT be compared to what his excellency has achieved in the past 3 years.
u be mumurity
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by elohorayodele: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2013
kentorito: @ everyone who desire to comment, please compare OBJ's first 2years and with that of GEJ or wait until after GEJ end his 8 years before making your comparison. Any way u wish, GEJ will surpass
#TRUTH

SENTIMENTS

OBJ own

1. Haliburton mess
2. BPE shady privatisation
3.16billion dollars on power in 8yrs and steady power
4.Odi massacre
5.Zaki biam massacre
6. EFCC hounding of political opponents
7. Severely n perfectly rigged elections esp @ state levels( SW can clearly affirm dis)
8. Comatose oil industry, 2 TAM of refineries resulting in less refining capability.
9. Fuel price hike countless tyms
10. Rampant ASSU strikes
11. 300b set aside for fed roads all down d drain
12. Fuel subsidy started in dis regime as fuel importation was highly encouraged.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by honifome(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2013
In his dispenstion,his word was law and the country his fortress.The fear of general Matthew Aremu Okikiolaakan Olusegun Obasanji is the beginning of wisdom.He was a prestigious leader of Nigeria nay Africa.Abuja was mecca of all sorts to diplomats.He nipped any uprising against his government in the bud.No rebellion survived his shot because he dealt with them decisively.The odi and zaki biam bombardment showcased his might.Compare these to the ongoing Goodluck Jonathan administration and justify the achievement between the duo.The only opponent who survived his political shot is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by nkemKalu: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2013
@levelszik:
Rehabilitation of airports,railways,highways,agricultural sector(rice),encouragement of locally made goods(although obj too did that by always puting on locally made ankara grin),continuously boosting our power capacity,fighting terrorism amidst performing his national duties diligently,launched 2 satellites withing his first 100 days in office,conducted d freest and fairest election,made anambra an oil producing state tongue,commissioned second niger bridge in onitsha,flagged off lagos ibadan expressway(obj neglected during his tenure),partly removed subsidy(oh yes we need that shiit removed,aint doing us any good lipsrsealed),called his wife to order when she went gaga(it takes a real man to do that,am talking from experince with my ex cheesy),.......and lots more.I no say make una come here dey tongue lash me ooO,cos I know say gej haterz plenty.#team fresh air till 2019#tongues out!
......arrant NONESENSE .......LEGACY MY FOOT
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by solomon111(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Infact,the fact that GEJ has reformed the electoral system and introduced transparency has rubbished whatever OBJ has done.
I hope Nigerians have not forgotten how elections were under MAURICE IWU.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by elohorayodele: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2013
kentorito: @ everyone who desire to comment, please compare OBJ's first 2years and with that of GEJ or wait until after GEJ end his 8 years before making your comparison. Any way u wish, GEJ will surpass
#TRUTH

SENTIMENTS

OBJ own

1. Haliburton mess
4.Odi massacre
5.Zaki biam massacre
7. Severely n perfectly rigged elections esp @ state levels( SW can clearly affirm dis)
8. Comatose oil industry, 2 TAM of refineries resulting in less refining capability.
10. Rampant ASSU strikes
12. Fuel subsidy started in dis regime as fuel importation was highly encouraged.
13. Chris ngige kidnap and anambra state crisis
14. Ekiti state crisis (3 governors @ d same time n a political crisis)
15. Den Foisting a sick yar-adua on us
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by elohorayodele: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2013
olakintanj: I strongly believe that Jonathan we have more woes as legacy than any positive achievement. Am speaking without sentiment and with all sense of responsibility.
1. For the removal of subsidy
2. For the long ASUU strike
3. For dividing PDP into 2 factions
4. For Doctors Strike
5. For toying with the Power sector in the name of privatization
6. For His inability to curb the operation of Boko Haram
7. For the embargo United Kingdom place on Nigeria in the name of paying £3000, to ascertain your entry into UK
8. For his role in Rivers State anarchy
9. For his power roadmap which much was spent on, but could not see the light of the day, etc

Obasanjo's woes

OBJ own
1. Haliburton mess
4.Odi massacre
5.Zaki biam massacre
7. Severely n perfectly rigged elections esp @ state
levels( SW can clearly affirm dis)
8. Comatose oil industry, 2 TAM of refineries resulting
in less refining capability.
10. Rampant ASSU strikes
12. Fuel subsidy started in dis regime as fuel
importation was highly encouraged.
13. Chris ngige kidnap and anambra state crisis
14. Ekiti state crisis (3 governors @ d same time n a
political crisis)
15. Den Foisting a sick yar-adua on us
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by kskpoundz(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
It so obvious dat presidnt gej ambition 2 transform nigeria is in jeopady.gej wasnt givin d ful surpot 2 do his job.if any of u wil recal,afta d declearation of gej as d presidnt,there were crises in jos & buari came out to say dat does angry idiots were fightn 4 dere right dat dey knew d right person wu won d election(which is himself buari).that was hw dis whole tin startd generatin.ged administration is being jeoperdiz by dose northan political leaders beliv me.however,ged administration cnt b so suxesful lyk dat of obj administration if dis same comflicts continues.MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Hamazz1: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
gazilion:

I believe president Jonathan is being distracted so much by these selfish governors and political jobbers. If he could be more courageous and assertive, I believe he'll achieve a lot in the long run.
jst hear úrslf for once Distracted by Who president Roservellt of the U.S once said leader n good governance is like a tennis game d person who serves best wins d game.nigerians r d ones to issue another term in office not d G7 even an ignoramous knws this wht abt the Colossal hype in insecurity astronomical rate of corruption crude oil theft massive debts. Jst to mention a few it will amount to governmental disaster to initiate comparison btw obj n gej.does this administration have a policy.don't celebrate privatization bc its yet to fruitation nigerians hv seen this b4 were power supply lasts jst long enough to actuslize there selfish aims I strongly believe 5yrs is enough for any committed COMPETENT leader to impact positively on his people pls stop giving loots excuses.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by bibina: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
awodman: 1) Our elections are now free and fair under GEJ as evident in Edo, Ondo and in the 2011 general elections..the benefits of the people having the power to hire and fire need not be over-emphasized

2) The power reforms of GEJ will dwarf any legacy OBJ left behind

3) Our mass transit systems viz rail, roads, ports and airports will also be another legacy

4) Demystification of Governance and all the secrecy associated with it

5) The reforms in agriculture will also be another legacy

You hit it well with the bolded! Jonathan has brought governance closer to the people, perhaps this is why some rabbits come here to insult his esteemed personality.

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Dee60: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
OBJ tenure showed dynamism while on the other hand things look quite static with the new regime.

We saw a lot of happenings with every sector - ports, customs, telecoms, aviation, power, anti-corruption, education (new private universities), ebt cancellation, introduction of vibrant hands like Okonjo, Nnaji, etc.

Now things look static - except for power where they just issued out licences! ope that works out fine.

GEJ has not been able to catch and prosecute people for corruption. Yet, there are allegations of massive looting going on.

Now, they are building up the debts again.

There is a lot of inexperience being displayed today!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by tomakint: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
alaoeri: If GEJ remains in power for the next 100years, he won't achieve 1/3 of what OBJ achieved. What a trainee president.
You are just naive, if GEJ's 3yrs should come to a close today it had already eclipsed the unstable 8yrs misrule of Obj! Obj had no respect for rule of law, Nigeria was a pariah state under him, roads, power, FDI, aviation, domestic growth, war against corruption, security, elections were all on the low (go figure) compared to what we have now under GEJ!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Mboi: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pataki:

Before you return to edit your post and post lies here, I am quoting you right now.

3 years in office, who has been dealt with in matters of corruption in this country thus far? Kindly inform us and stop this manner-less tantrums of yours.

Its not by purnishing people,put facilities in place dat'll make corrpt practises very difficult and minimal. People are being killed for drug trafficking every day around d world yet the number of drug traffickers keep increasing every day. GEJ is trying to close those loop holes that encourage corruption. Removal of subsidy totally would've been d best though the issue was not properly dealt with. Privatisaton of Power Sector is another nice move. Boko Haram is a difficult issue to handle coz it's like fighting ghosts. Eveverybody knows their mode of operation which makes it very difficult to stop their activities. What effort have the governors of those Boko Haram state made to help put their activities on check? GEJ is trying to put things in place so that positive change in Nigeria will take effect without force. I don't think we should compare OBJ and GEJ coz they have entirely different approaches to governance.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
GEJ's legacy....let's see....

1) successful revitalization and privatization of our power sector.

2) sucessfull agricultural revolution that seen more produce output, making the agriculture sector a huge contributor to our foreign earnings

3) Total transformation of our transport sector. This include the repairs of our once delapidated road network abandoned by previous administrations, the total transformation of our airports thus making Nigeria a major hub in West Africa and Africa at large. And dont forget the revival and expansion of our once abandoned rail networks, thus enabling the haulage of both pax and cargo across the country and easing the stress on our roads.

4)Energy: Now were do I start? Is it the local content bill passed under GEJ's watch that currently sees the increased participation of local firms in both upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry, and the employment of more Nigerians? How about GEJ's exposure of the rot in the controversial fuel subsidy issue and the subsequent arrests made and controls impossed? And there's the PIB bill.

5)Security: I must admit that security isnt this administration's strongest point. But then again, past administration never faced the same security issues currently faced by GEJ. That said, the military and security services fully evolved to highly professional counter-insurgency and counter-terror fighting Force under GEJ's watch. They recieved the highest allocation ever, and new equipments were acquired. The government has equally invested in numerous trainings for our men and women in the security services.

6) And Economy. Under GEJ's watch, the economy has experienced one of its fastest growth yet (abt 5-6%) making Nigeria one of tge fastest growing economies in tge world and a choice investment destination. The middle class is equally growing, and the Nigerian economy is slated to overshadow that of South Africa in a few years.

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by kskpoundz(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=furezra]Below are some of PGEJ accomplishments:
2ND NIGER BRIDGE (ASABA/ONITSHA) AWARDED
TO JULIUS BERGER AFTER 50 YEARS
ZENGERU POWER PROJECT NIGER STATE
AWARDED AFTER 32 YEARS
LAGOS /IBADAN EXPRESSWAY (OGUN/OYO/
LAGOS STATE) AWARDED TO JULIUS BERGER
AFTER 35 YEARS
ORE—BENIN EXPRESSWAY COMPLETED
EAST-WEST ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
ABUJA- LOKOJA ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
KEFFI/LAFIA, MAKURDI/OTURKPO,NINTH MILE
ENUGU DUAL ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014
LAGOS --- KANO RAILWAY RECONSTRUCTION
COMPLETED
PORTHARCOURT-- MAIDUGURI RAILWAY
RECONSRUCTION TO BE COMPLETED BY DEC 2013
GOODLUCK JONATHAN LEADERSHIP HAS
BROUGTH ABOUT A FREE/INDEPENDENT
JUDICIARY SINCE INDEPENDENCE
The revolution taking place in terms of
infrastructure reconstruction and rehabilitation
has not been seen anywhere in Africa. These are in
the area of road construction that is taking place
massively nationwide. AND INVESTING N3
BILLION NAIRA IN NOLLYWOOD TO BOOST THE
ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY.
Signing of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
INTO LAW THEREBY Making NIGERIANS AND THE
NIGERIAN MEDIA ONE OF THE FREEST IN THE
WORLD AND SALARY INCREASE OF 53% IN 2010
MAKING THE NIGERIAN WORKER QUITE
COMFORTABLE.
GIVING HANDSOME REWARD TO THE SUPER
EAGLES FOR WINNING THE AFRICAN CUP OF
NATIONS AFTER 19 YEARS TO FURTHER
CHALLENGE THE EAGLES TO ASPIRE HIGHER
Airport reconstruction and remodeling taking
place nationwide. Railway line reconstruction and
rehabilitation with Lagos to Kano completed and
functional. The Portharcourt to Maiduguri railway
line will be coming on stream by year end.
Seaport construction and expansion of existing
ones. E.g. Warri port Delta State, Baro- Niger State,
Kogi, Calabar, Onne, Owerri, Onitsha etc.
Building of TEN new power plant simultaneously
that will significantly boast power supply in the
country not forgetting the transparent
privatization in that sector without any
controversy that will lead to massive investment
and power facility upgrade that will be beneficial
to the entire nation.
University education is now more readily
accessible by Nigerians with TEN new universities
approved and functional. In addition, billions of
naira is being expended on primary and post
primary education to assist
oga go sit down jare,which foriegn reserv we get? Wu gav u dat fals info.infact we hav huge dept foriegn reserv incase u dnt knw
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Dee60: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
solomon111: Nigerians have short memories.
The same OBJ that was a tyrant.
The same OBJ that embezzled $16billion meant for power reforms.
The same OBJ that was not able to reactivate our railway sector and repair our roads.
The same OBJ,under whose tenure the aviation sector was a complete mess.
The same OBJ under whose tenure pensioners were dying off like fowls before getting their pension.
The same OBJ that unconstitutionally witheld the federal allocation of a state for years.
The same OBJ under whose tenure price of fuel was never constant and NLC were always going on strike.
The same obj under whose tenure inflation was in double-digits,e.t.c.
Smh.
The only thing OBJ did well was taming troublesome northern elements,and GEJ will have to learn how to.

Which country do you reside in?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N530B Arms Contract Probe : Army Generals Block Magu / Portrait Of Buhari Dressed In Igbo Attire Presented To Him By Nigeria Ambassador / Assassination Attempt: FG Charges Melaye For False Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.