Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Need Help And Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Help And Advice (830 Views)

Plsss I Need Help And Advice.....i Just Got 3yrs Australia Visa But I Dont Hav.. / Want To Study In Norway? Read This! (info, Discussion And Advice) / Malaysia: Social Visa Requirements Help And Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help And Advice by chiamo(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2013
I am a matured man, married with kids among who are grown-ups. I am self-employed with experiences in various fields’ .i.e business consulting, computer data entry, computer operating, freelance broadcaster etc. I have been opportune to travel some years ago to various countries like Germany, Portugal, Malta, Belgium, Hong Kong etc.
Recently I have tried to source for fund on couple of occasions to inject into projects that I know are commercially viable through finance houses and individuals but the result has been negative, with the resultant effect been financial challenge on my part. After seeing that I and my family are not finding it easy to survive in the prevailing financial challenge we are in, I then resolute to travel abroad for greener pasture.
I share my financial challenge conditions with some of my friends and my resolution to travel out of the Nigeria to either New Zealand or Canada for greener pasture. Some laughed at me saying that I am too advanced in age to venture into that type of mission, some asked me what I will be doing therein, while some said that it will cost me some years setback before I could be able to find my feet in the new country.
I have the ability to secure an invitation letter from any of the two countries I am opting for (New Zealand or Canada), with other relevant documents to be demanded by their Consular but don’t have the supportive bank statement of account to support the application.
In this vain:
A) I want reality, precise and mature advice on:
1. Is this my resolution to seek for greener pasture appropriate?
2. Is it true that at my advanced age I should not travelled out for greener pasture?
3. Will it cost me more years setback in either of the preferred country before I could find my feet?
4. Is there any venture or work or job easily available to be done in either of the preferred countries?
B) I need an interested party who would like to travel to either of the two countries and can provide genuine bank statement of account to support entry visa application.
Your responses will be deeply appreciated.
Re: Need Help And Advice by Vicjustice: 5:00pm On May 21, 2013
chiamo: I am a matured man, married with kids among who are grown-ups. I am self-employed with experiences in various fields’ .i.e business consulting, computer data entry, computer operating, freelance broadcaster etc. I have been opportune to travel some years ago to various countries like Germany, Portugal, Malta, Belgium, Hong Kong etc.
Recently I have tried to source for fund on couple of occasions to inject into projects that I know are commercially viable through finance houses and individuals but the result has been negative, with the resultant effect been financial challenge on my part. After seeing that I and my family are not finding it easy to survive in the prevailing financial challenge we are in, I then resolute to travel abroad for greener pasture.
I share my financial challenge conditions with some of my friends and my resolution to travel out of the Nigeria to either New Zealand or Canada for greener pasture. Some laughed at me saying that I am too advanced in age to venture into that type of mission, some asked me what I will be doing therein, while some said that it will cost me some years setback before I could be able to find my feet in the new country.
I have the ability to secure an invitation letter from any of the two countries I am opting for (New Zealand or Canada), with other relevant documents to be demanded by their Consular but don’t have the supportive bank statement of account to support the application.
In this vain:
A) I want reality, precise and mature advice on:
1. Is this my resolution to seek for greener pasture appropriate?
2. Is it true that at my advanced age I should not travelled out for greener pasture?
3. Will it cost me more years setback in either of the preferred country before I could find my feet?
4. Is there any venture or work or job easily available to be done in either of the preferred countries?
B) I need an interested party who would like to travel to either of the two countries and can provide genuine bank statement of account to support entry visa application.
Your responses will be deeply appreciated.
1) It would be appropriate to seek "greener pastures" wherever there is indeed the greener pastures.
2) I don't know your age
3) It depends on circumstances and your aim and objectives
4) There are jobs available in both countries for those who are eligible for them
Re: Need Help And Advice by chiamo(m): 10:30pm On May 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
1) It would be appropriate to seek "greener pastures" wherever there is indeed the greener pastures.
2) I don't know your age
3) It depends on circumstances and your aim and objectives
4) There are jobs available in both countries for those who are eligible for them

@ Vicjustive Thank you for your response.
I am 53 years old.
My aim and objectives is to better my life and my family, and live in an environment that makes life condusive to live and survive in.
With my earlier written experiences, I hope I am eligible for job and can be able to be entrenched in the new country system easily.
Please respond !!
Re: Need Help And Advice by Vicjustice: 7:35am On May 22, 2013
chiamo:

@ Vicjustive Thank you for your response.
I am 53 years old.
My aim and objectives is to better my life and my family, and live in an environment that makes life condusive to live and survive in.
With my earlier written experiences, I hope I am eligible for job and can be able to be entrenched in the new country system easily.
Please respond !!
Only if you're a sport man, that's when 53 years could be deemed unsuitable, otherwise it isn't the oldest age to start afresh.
By eligibility, I didn't mean your qualifications or your professions in Nigeria, I mean the rights to work in the countries: and that right comes through difficulties and trial of time, you might see yourself and family seeking asylum and the outcome can not be guaranteed
Re: Need Help And Advice by ifegy: 8:40am On May 22, 2013
@OP, well, if you are seeking to immigrate to Canada, your best bet is to go to www.cic.gc.ca and consider the various classes of immigrants admitted, and see if you qualify for any of them. Perhaps you are a professional and can fit into the classes of skilled workers wanted by Canada, for instance. There is a thread in the travel section devoted to people seeking to immigrate via this method:
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
I should mention that that applicants in that class are scored based on various factors, including age, and you're likely to lose points because of your age.
And you have to consider the fact that it is generally a lot easier for younger people to get hired into professional positions (if that's what you're going for).
However, you can also investigate other immigrant programs for professionals offered by places like Australia, for instance.
And if you have a substantial amount of money, there are immigrant programs such as for the US, Canada, etc that offer places based on your investing certain amounts in their economy.
Alternatively, you could consider taking the significant amount of money it would cost you to immigrate, getting advice from a business consultant (or even creating a thread asking for help with business ideas in the business section of this forum), identifying where you went wrong in the past, and taking steps to set up a viable business at home.
All the best with whatever you decide to do.

1 Like

Re: Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2013
Your age would not have been a barrier, but considering you are going with a visiting visa, how can you work?

Canada and New zealand are English speaking country, assimilation would not be hard but after that, what next?

Considering your status and age, please make sure you plan well and know what to expect, its not easy in the diaspora, it not as green as it you painted it.
Re: Need Help And Advice by chiamo(m): 3:11am On May 23, 2013
Thanks to you all for your candid and loving advice.
Someone told me today that I should look at the option of going to Finland, cause it is:
1. Easier to get its entry visa from Nigeria,
2. Can be integrated in faster than Canada and New Zealand,
3. Flight fare cheaper,
4. Ability to bring in my family (later) into the Country with less stress,
5. Its relaxed immigration rules,
6. Finish friendliness with foreigners (Africans), etc.
Please let me have your professional view and leading. I am looking forward to coming here to share my testimony with you all with utmost thanks to your help.
Re: Need Help And Advice by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 23, 2013
chiamo

Before you can MOVE to any country, you have to fit into any of their residency requirement. To get a permit to live in Finland, you would either be a student, a worker, married to a Finn or as a refugee

Integrating into Finland is hard. The official language is not English and very hard to learn. (even one of the hardest in the world and considering your age too).

The weather is cold, and the society is very white and foreigners are usually not seen as part of the society. I've lived there so I know.

You should make research and not always depend on what people say. but in anything you do, make sure you do the right thing
Re: Need Help And Advice by reginabellca: 3:28pm On May 24, 2013
Goodday Just wise,

I need some advice.

Last year August 2012 I submitted an application for Visa to UK as a tourist. I stated that I had no friends and included my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit letter from bank,my savings account which is also my salary account, I had 700k in fixed deposits and 300k in savings. I booked a hotel but my salary is 80k a month after tax. I had put 120k as what i earn and also started that i would be spending 650k and ECO refused my application stating that the amount i propose to spend wasnt proportionate to my salary. The refusal letter for this application stated that I wanted to spend 5 times my salary for a vacation and the ECO was not convinced. They didnt raise any objections on me stating that i earn 120k per month.

My second application was in October 2012. I stated i had a friend and wrote his full name and phone number in the form. i applied again as a general visitor/tourist i supplied my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit from bank, my bank statement for 6 months and my hotel booking.I was still earning 80k after tax but put 120k as what i earn even though it didnt reflex in my account and they still didnt raise a brow. I stated that I would spend 250k. But they refused me visa and said i did not indicate what i plan to do in the uk even though i said i would be going with my sister and mum(they have visas) and i would be shopping and go sight seeing.The ECO said there is evident lack of planning and preparation for my trip and while its not a prerequisite,casts doubts about my intentions.The ECO also said i did not provide documentary evidence of my friend in the UK.

As I plan to apply again,my questions now are:
On my pay slip and account my salary is 80k, should i still go with 120k as before in previous applications.
Should I ask my mum or sister to act as co-sponsors even though I work?
what would be the correct amount to put as what i would be spending in the UK?
what do they mean by my lack of evident planning and preparation for my trip?
How do i then should them that i am prepared for the trip?

N.B: I have an unused senge visa ,what is the probability of getting another.They told me that they dont like it when their VISAS are not used. I traveled to dubai in april, it is ok just to say that i went for visit, since i would most likely be applying for visa again at UK for vacation?

Many thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Dead Are Still Living: Fresh Twist In Dana Crash Tale / Don’t Leave Marrakech Without Experiencing These Three Places / Naija Hotel Scams! Please Are These Guys For Real Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.