Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:53 AM

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff (30333 Views)

Abia:56 Sacked Non-indigenes Drop Dead. / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. / Gtbank Aptitude Test On Friday 9th Of Nov 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by mgbede: 7:52pm On May 22, 2013
Pls, why d sack?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by AMossley(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2013
click2cbn: well, it all boils down to CAPITAL!!!!!!!
Abi now,at least about 400k or more will be needed by a graduate to set up something worthwhile,but some people will begin to clamour for graduates to empower themselves by learning certain odd jobs after 4-5 years in school.what a mess!
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Ahmednaija: 7:56pm On May 22, 2013
slap1: Pity. I'd rather be a bus driver than work in these banks.
Danfo or Molue?

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by AMossley(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2013
who cares?:
Nobody can sack me, I am my own boss. I excel on my level.
just to comment with your username,WHO CARES if you're your boss or not?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Ahmednaija: 8:06pm On May 22, 2013
azimibraun: Are you a learner? hw many ppl do u want to b self employed in this country; hw many of our youths are trainned to be self employed? you guys jst easily say self employed.... self employed have you botherd to count the number of youth in deep trouble all in the name of been self employed? some are now giant debtors, some killed by creditors who are mean and a whole lot are on the run or have become pathological liuras adn swindlers all jst to be self employed. if its that easy Daniel Gote(Dangote) and Otedola dem for b over one million for naija. self employ...self employ.. wia d money and knowledge? NO VEX ME O!
Sounds like a Lazy mans life, you think you just wake up and become rich just like that?.....There are more debtors in paid employment than you think
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Toomaxi(m): 8:13pm On May 22, 2013
KrisJay: @ T-john, you said it all (Self Employment) I was some times disengaged by a zenith bank. Then I though my life has been dis arrayed with knowing that some thing good was about to happen. My brother, I wish they had disengaged me long long time ago. We all have some thing peculiar to us. Look for it and exchange with what you don't have and you see money looking after you. Stop looking for money,you can make money look for you.
wise talk! U jst uplift my spirit, like to hear more from u
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by favinvest: 8:17pm On May 22, 2013
Why nt go start ur own biz

After spending min. 9hrs per day for the last 5yrs then u re fired.

Dats why its good to make plans and take action towards financial independence right from the first day u resume ur first job
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by okpukmbat: 8:19pm On May 22, 2013
KrisJay: @ T-john, you said it all (Self Employment) I was some times disengaged by a zenith bank. Then I though my life has been dis arrayed with knowing that some thing good was about to happen. My brother, I wish they had disengaged me long long time ago. We all have some thing peculiar to us. Look for it and exchange with what you don't have and you see money looking after you. Stop looking for money,you can make money look for you.

dude, abeg what have you into now?

Cos is not easy with me here.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Kekekenny(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2013
GtBank intends to make its workforce 15% permanent staff and 85% contract staff.The sad part is there are so many fresh graduates in the job market...and no jobs! Even if dem dey sack every month,pple go still dey find banking job.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by 234GT(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2013
Goodluck to the sacked bankers. Life continues. Truth is that in six months`time, some of them will be thanking God that they were sacked, while others will be in deep financial mess. It all depends on the individual.
I only pity the souls of some unemployed people rejoicing at the sack of these bankers.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by mjames: 9:44pm On May 22, 2013
How?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by ndobobo: 9:54pm On May 22, 2013
azimibraun: Are you a learner? hw many ppl do u want to b self employed in this country; hw many of our youths are trainned to be self employed? you guys jst easily say self employed.... self employed have you botherd to count the number of youth in deep trouble all in the name of been self employed? some are now giant debtors, some killed by creditors who are mean and a whole lot are on the run or have become pathological liuras adn swindlers all jst to be self employed. if its that easy Daniel Gote(Dangote) and Otedola dem for b over one million for naija. self employ...self employ.. wia d money and knowledge? NO VEX ME O!

True talk my brother, it ain't easy being self employed cause the environment here in nigeria really does not encourage one delving in self employment so many militating factors, power, lack of credit facility, banks can never give u loan, high cost of rent, its really crazy, if've u've got a managable job hold on to it real tight.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by mesther96(f): 9:56pm On May 22, 2013
if i hear say gtbank sack workers.last time i chek d branch wey dey my area.na 5 workers dey attend 2 ova 1000 pple.mke i go withdraw my money shaparly...only God know wat wl cme nxt
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 22, 2013
Imanuelle: Oya make dem come follow us line up for unemployment line.

make them go back back, make them no jump queue, we wey dun tey for the line go dey front. grin
lol. Exactly

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 22, 2013
kayce19: Where is your source bro?

What kind of illiterate question is this. Are you following a trend ? Do you know if poster works there
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 22, 2013
slap1: Pity. I'd rather be a bus driver than work in these banks.

You are the man; at least some people know better. Bank job is ''as long as it lasts''.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by OdionOdion: 10:41pm On May 22, 2013
First tin tomorrow to cross check my account balance,I do not trust my account officer,she might be affected
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Revolva(m): 10:42pm On May 22, 2013
thats why sometimes if i see all these bankers....with suit and tie..i go just dey laff dem ...sometimes.they work for someone only to be laid off...gbam...some day for dem clear eyes...na wa ooo
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by pappythinko(m): 11:07pm On May 22, 2013
Ahmed@naija:

Danfo or Molue?
#Height of Hypocrisy# You mean you won't accept in the banking sector if the privilege present itself esp at zenith or any other well paying bank. Don't know ur educational background xo can't dwell much on ds.. Buh if you happened to be an unemployed n know how it feels to be staying at home all day, doing nothing other than house chores then.........

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by saintugo(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2013
Take Heart Those Affected, Just Look In Deep And Discover What You Can Do For Yourself And Plan On How To Get The Capital To Commence, I Know Its Not Going To Be Easy But Be Determined, There Is Greater Joy And Fulfilment In Running Your Own Business.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by pappythinko(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2013
okpara ugo:

What kind of illiterate question is this. Are you following a trend ? Do you know if poster works there
Don't blame the 19yr old boy. Probably he is still on breastmilk n does not know that myriads of posters have confirmed the veracity of the info..
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by buklan: 11:39pm On May 22, 2013
KAI! u'v said it all bro. damn.... its sad. embarassed
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by buklan: 11:49pm On May 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
m.esther96:
if i hear say gtbank sack workers.last time i chek d branch wey dey my area.na 5 workers dey attend 2 ova 1000 pple.mke i go withdraw my money shaparly...only God know wat wl cme nxt
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by zyxxx(f): 11:55pm On May 22, 2013
Lawyers pls wen shall yu guys start suing private organisations instead of real estate dat y'all r involved in........ It is well.......
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by idupaul: 12:26am On May 23, 2013
click2cbn: well, it all boils down to CAPITAL!!!!!!!

This one will never be illuminated from the rat race
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by DonaldGenes(m): 1:17am On May 23, 2013

make them go back back, make them no jump queue, we wey dun tey for the line go dey front. grin
hahahahahhaaahahahahahhahha
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by Nobody: 1:20am On May 23, 2013
idupaul:

This one will never be illuminated from the rat race
meaning?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by sadaxxx: 5:13am On May 23, 2013
It's the culmination of recent rubbish management policies under the new MD, Agbaje. Gt used to be a decent place to work but is now a hellhole of sycophancy, man-know-man and tribalism. Staff are overworked and under valued with no training and draconian rules for career progression. Uncle T would probably be turning in his grave as he observes the current management dismantle his mission, vision and orange rules. Watch the bank spiral out of control and largely fade into oblivion and become an also ran.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by sakko(m): 6:38am On May 23, 2013
Gtbank for you they promote staff yesterday. When is this sack issue stated?
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by sammy6(m): 6:46am On May 23, 2013
Gtbank has become sthg else under segun. Segun has always been a wicked person and was not able exhibit his wickedNess until now as the late tayo would not let him. The guys who were asked to go were sacked cuz they got a B in the just concluded appraisal . A B is not really a bad score but trust Segun na. Anyway it just goes out to say that there is no job security anymore in the country. Nobody is fighting for the rights of Nigerians and so people get away with all sort. I swear let the same GTEtry this rubbish in their Ghana subsidiary if their banking license is not revoked.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by hardbody: 7:07am On May 23, 2013
50calibre: Aren't there employment laws in Nigeria, how can a company just sack 142 staff just like that, what are their reasons? Were they paid a severance fee?

The truth is some of us believe there is permanent employment, in reality, the only permanent employment is your personal business. Having said that, aside any other downsizing or rightsizing justification, one core reason for mass sack could be purely on performance. My company uses the bell curve approach where after every appraisal process, 5% of staff falling on the right hand side will be promoted while the 5% on the left will be excused, the others will remain in the system with marginal reviews in compensation. We cannot assume that at every level of performance, you have a permanent job, it never works that way.
Re: Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff by xandy84: 7:25am On May 23, 2013
Badt guy you be bro... what about we fresh graduate... were make we queue ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Minimum Salary Scale Of A Graduate Who Joins The Police? / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation / Uba Or Access Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.