Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,993 members, 7,931,412 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 03:27 AM

Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... (39333 Views)

Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2011 / Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2010 / Tennis: ATP Tournaments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 10:24pm On May 26, 2013
fredoooooo:

bros !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

My Oga at the very top, I see ya
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by biolabee(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2013
fredoooooo:

the we are going to renew our rivalry for tennis thread , you know how much i love your footie team grin grin

women-- serena williams and vika
men team-- nadal and baba ibeji ( fed)

vika is who again.. azarenka? - i no like wetin she dey do during games... toilet breaks, etc
she used it to destabilise serena II

it would be nice to hear the two of them moaning on the court

men - nole, fed then nadal ( but he is back!)
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Egbagirl(f): 10:52pm On May 26, 2013
fredoooooo:

we go pop champagne this year wink grin

My brother, we must to pop it o!!! My champagne must not waste this year! Lol
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 10:57pm On May 26, 2013
fredoooooo:

more of footwalk than footwear .if she like , let her wear bow wow footwear in the film "like mike" , she cant win it this year grin

ℓ☺ℓ . There is aa story behind the silly joke about the footwear comment made from the last GS in australia on the game thread.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by nairagf84: 1:35am On May 27, 2013
same here
dominique: Will be rooting for Serena and Rafa all tha way smiley
I also have my eye on sloane stevens (the babe that knocked serena out in the Aussie open). Hope she qualifies.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mamagee3(f): 4:00am On May 27, 2013
I'm rooting for Serena Williams
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 6:15am On May 27, 2013
dominique: Will be rooting for Serena and Rafa all tha way smiley
I also have my eye on sloane stevens (the babe that knocked serena out in the Aussie open). Hope she qualifies.

Translation :

Screw the actual Female Tennis and Matchplay... ...Ill just root for the Black Women because they look like me

Oh ok
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 6:16am On May 27, 2013
mama-gee:

You to?...

Oh ok..
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 6:20am On May 27, 2013
Will be very impressed if this moment forward King Rafa can pulloff a future French Title during his "old man years"..

Already the king of clay.....interesting to see if he can win another one when he is clearly past his prime and physically ravaged by numerous reoccurring injuries.

Greatest Clay Court Player of All Time.....All Hail King Rafa.....

The Spanish Maestro

The Garros God

[img]http://topnews.in/sports/files/Rafael-Nadal-09.jpg[/img]

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by sholay2011(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2013
This Li Na of a gal...
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by coolguyz(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2013
nice to be back talking tennis. . . . . Roland Garros 2013!

#TeamNadal
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 10:29am On May 27, 2013
dammybravo: Its the second grand slam of the year here again, on the clay court and the defending champion for roland garros is rafa nadal who defeated novak djokovic last year.....rafa nadal has already gotten into 8finals in 8 tournaments since his last comeback from injury, so he is[b] probably [/b]the favorite for roland garros also being the best player on clay court, novak djokovic won the first grand slam of the year defeating the british andy murray...

For Today in french open 2013, its still the qualifying rounds with Wozniacki, Tommy Haas, Tipsarevic all in action today
He is the FAVOURITE
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dridowu: 10:34am On May 27, 2013
Team Nadal
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 10:43am On May 27, 2013
mystikal: Good times are here again, bleep BBA Chase.

Rafa Nadal is back- with a vengeance too.
He has timed his return to perfection; Few will bet against the Spaniard picking up title number eight at Roland Garros- in just nine attempts.

The natural question arises: Who can dethrone Rafa? And there’s a pretty straightforward answer to that- Novak Djokovic.

Roger Federer played some good tennis in Rome, but the manner of his capitulation against Nadal makes him an unlikely pick for the title. I have never really given this dude much credit, he came from a different era of tennis from the Djokers and the Rafas, and he has been the one that has had to adjust the hardest to the present era tennis. He is a great player however in his twilight, most of my buddies never agree with me on this.

David Ferrer will huff and puff around the baselines, but his lack of a major offensive weapon will leave him at the mercies of the top guys in the latter stages of the competition.

Outside the top four seeds, Berdych has got one or two big wins in him in 2013, like the one against Djokovic in Rome, but to win Roland Garros, Berdych will have to string more than one or two big wins together. That is almost impossible. Then there is my boy Tsonga, love how he moves with such body weight. None of the favorites will fancy an early collision with Stanislas Wawrinka. The young generation will be spearheaded by Dimitrov and Jerzy Janowicz, and their time will come -but not now. Anderson, the South African, has been my most improved tennis player recentlty

Logic suggests that Serena should win the French Open, but logic rarely works with Serena at Roland Garros. Or how do you explain a third round loss to Katarina Srebotnik in 2008, or more alarmingly, a first round loss to Virginie Razzano last year. Not sure Serena herself can explain.

Should Williams falter again, then defending champion, Maria Sharapova (my fave by the way)will be ready to pounce but she will need to work big time on her footwork. So will Victoria Azarenka, who should be fresher than most having sat out a good part of the season because of a spate of injuries. Vika is not exactly your clay court demon, but she showed enough in Rome to suggest that she could well be a big factor in Paris.

Of the outsiders, Na Li has done nothing on clay this year, but she can never be overlooked in Grand Slams these days, Sam Stosur and her kick serves and Nadal-esque forehands will be dangerous; and Errani and Petra Kvitova can always smack a ball.I suspect Agniezka Radwanska will dissappoint in this tournament. I had long given up on Wozniacki; the babe too fall my hand. Laura Robson and Sloane Stephens, worth the watch.

So let the good times roll. Team #Djokovic and #Tsonga by the way. For the Ladies #Sharapova #Li Na #Errani

1st round matches to look out for

Wozniaki v Robson

Berdych v Monfils
Simon v Hewitt
Paire v Baghdatis

well written. I would add the following as dark horses

women
sara errani
Angelique Kerber
jelena jancokic
Samantha stosur
Svetlana Kuznetsova

men
david goffin
benoit paire
milos raonic
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 10:57am On May 27, 2013
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 11:01am On May 27, 2013
mama-gee:
im not so sure about Serena. shes only won 1 French open title for a reason.and that was 11 years ago !
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 11:02am On May 27, 2013
ah goffin and jankovic ain't going nowhere o.

the guy abi chic that hinted that Nadal is 'clearly past his peak', Really? is thats the case then Fedex is dead already na
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:03am On May 27, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-V-1lpTyw59A/UHg3tWW5dQI/AAAAAAAAXQE/sHe8C7XoUlQ/s1600/Angelique+Kerber+Cool+HD+Wallpaper+2012+01.jpg[/img]

Man I swear tah god that Blue eyed Blonde Haired White Devil Angelique..is a Bad Chick......

As the Black Sister would ignorantly say......

"And I don't even do white women"......

#TeamAngelique
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:08am On May 27, 2013
German Chick Fuqqing with my mind ova here........

I sincerely apologize to all my Darkskin Queens who read my timeline incognito.....

But I swear Tah Gawd this White Biitch is the Truth...

Tennis Association should allow her to Legally Juice

I don't see Serena winning on Clay Honestly.

Mens Side...well we all Know.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:24am On May 27, 2013
Li Na is ugly as all hell but the chick can ball strike with the best of em.....

FFS I wish this biitch get off my screen already....

I Respect her Game, but jheez she very unappealing to the nakked eye.

I am waiting for her match to be over so I can warm up some food and eat.

I can not eat with this hideous looking woman on the screen

That Sloane Stephens has more sexx appeal then Serena Tbh.......

Love her Energy and Vigor

Serena often times does not maintain a high motor nor a High Work Rate.

My only Knock on Her. Had she increased her Work Rate Intensity in her prime I think she may have won 2-3 more majors during the prime years of her career
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:35am On May 27, 2013
Li Na looks like a fuqqing video game character......

Biitch Looks like Ling Xiaoyu off Tekken......

Goddamn She's Ugly....

She is whipping this spanish biitch asss tho
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:52am On May 27, 2013
Spanish Chick is going Off.......

Drama at Roland Garros....

Mami is getting real ghetto out here.....
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by McMayor(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2013
Is there any NLander who would like to talk analyse roland garros 2013 with me? I am a tennis lover and would like to be spending some time analyzing it with someone or we could create a group on BB for it. Add me up... 22a20ba6
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 12:41pm On May 27, 2013
Yohhh, Nadal has lost a ton of muscle definition in his Legs......

Definitely does not look up to par....the guy on my screen is not making it to the finals....

Clay God or Not.

His aggressive style and countless wars and epic rallies with federer ironically took more years off his career than it did to federer.

RaFa looks Ancient out here.......

I predict he will go out in the Semi Finals

Man back in the day this dude was Epic.....Pay Homage to a true Legend..
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2013
Surprisingly Rafa Nadal just lost his first set 4-6 against Brands....
For the 1st time in his career Rafael Nadal loses the 1st set of a 1st round match at a Grand Slam tournament. He won all previous 33.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by sholay2011(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2013
dammybravo: Surprisingly Rafa Nadal just lost his first set 4-6 against Brands
Glory be to God!
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 1:04pm On May 27, 2013
Didn't surprise me at all...I have been watching the whole match...he looks awful TBH
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 1:25pm On May 27, 2013
This German kid giving Nadal hell.....

Germany stay owning spain this year...wtf

Barca...

Madrid...

Now Nadal......

Are you serious......

Nadal lost first set...and second set tied 3-3 ..Brands with all momentum

#FrenchOpen

#SmartphoneAddict

#6Forums@Once

#Oxy
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 1:47pm On May 27, 2013
Nadal is about to lose this second set in a tie break.....

Smh.......

He's gonna have to dig deep to pull this set&match out.

Edit*...Nadal is coming back.......
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2013
The frenchman Jo Tsonga just defeated Bedene 6-2 6-2 6-3.....,nadal takes the second set against brands on tie breaker...
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 1:57pm On May 27, 2013
Nadal pulls off some magic......

Brands gotta be killing himself....blowing a set like that.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by JOYCEOUS(f): 2:03pm On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva: I hope Djikovic and Serena win it for the men's and women's category respectively.
I hop Federer n Serena win.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Lands In Uyo, Puyol And Okocha Pictured Together / Update on WWE Recent Shows / Brazil Players, Neymar Celebrate After Winning 2019 Copa America (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.