Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,222 members, 7,884,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Christianity And One Man, One Wife - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And One Man, One Wife (5770 Views)

Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin / Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by ijawkid(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2013
Niflheim: @Ijaw kid,my brother,you try so hard at the game of cherry picking but your fail is monumental!!!..........................................You quoted 1 Timothy 3:2 while carefully avoiding 1 Timothy 3:12 which states,and I quote,"Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well."

Try asking yourself if the rest of the congregation who aren't deacons and bishops should mis-manage their children and there house hold ??.......

Which ever way you try my bro you aint gonna get anywhere.......

And I quoted from verses 2-7.......how do you like that??.....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by ijawkid(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2013
Niflheim: @Chris Czar,look at the naughty little choir boys talking tough when they know nothing of their own bible and scriptures,why did Jesus describe himself as a polygamous bridegroom?...........................Matthew 25:1-13

The parable of the five well-oiled virgins

The kingdom of heaven is like ten virgins who went to meet their bridegroom. Five had oil for their lamps and five didn't. When the bridegroom was ready for them, only the five well-oiled virgins got to have sex with him on their wedding night. He shunned the other five, saying "Get lost, ladies. I don't even know you."............................ The moral to the story is this: watch out!!! You never know when (or with whom) Jesus will come.JESUS WAS A FUCKING POLYGAMIST!!!

You are a lugubrious FOOL......

1 Like

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by Niflheim(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2013
@ijaw kid,ha ha ha ha ha!!!You sound just like a 14 year old girl!!!Being the christian weakling that you are,I was predicting such a response from you!!!How old are you kid?I have some cold bobo milk and some cerelac in the fridge in case you are interested!!!
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by peteregwu(m): 10:52pm On May 25, 2013
okeyxyz: I am not a marriage believing christian. But even if I was, there's absolutely no christian doctrine that makes it a requirement for a christian man to limit himself to one wife. This one-wife doctrine is simply European culture camouflaging as christian doctrine.

The recommendation by Paul for a bishop to be the husband of one wife was simply a human management convenience, so that this bishop should have as little distraction(from his home\marital duties) as possible.

Which is marriage believing Christian? If you are not a Christian, you are not. Simple! Pls don't Paul quote Paul for us so long u don't bbelieve in the bible. Every Christian must believe in the bible, anything short of that makes u an unbeliever. Period!
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by ijawkid(m): 11:43pm On May 25, 2013
Niflheim: @ijaw kid,ha ha ha ha ha!!!You sound just like a 14 year old girl!!!Being the christian weakling that you are,I was predicting such a response from you!!!How old are you kid?I have some cold bobo milk and some cerelac in the fridge in case you are interested!!!

the bolded got me lmao....lol... grin grin grin...bring the bobo i go drink am.....but i would also inform you that youve got zero knowledge of the scriptures.... cheesy
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by okeyxyz(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2013
peteregwu:

Which is marriage believing Christian? If you are not a Christian, you are not. Simple! Pls don't Paul quote Paul for us so long u don't bbelieve in the bible. Every Christian must believe in the bible, anything short of that makes u an unbeliever. Period!

Not everyone wants to marry. Thus they don't believe in marriage. How do you christians delibrately forget Jesus's and Paul's words about people who for the kingdom sake will choose not to marry?
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by peteregwu(m): 9:10am On May 26, 2013
okeyxyz:

Not everyone wants to marry. Thus they don't believe in marriage. How do you christians delibrately forget Jesus's and Paul's words about people who for the kingdom sake will choose not to marry?

That is not the case here. We are saying that the bible is against polygamy, but support of one man one woman. That is the trend here. Yes any man can decide to remain unmarried, it takes the grace of God tor that. Body no be fire wood!!!
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by okeyxyz(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2013
peteregwu:
That is not the case here. We are saying that the bible is against polygamy, but support of one man one woman. That is the trend here.

There is no bible\christian doctrine against polygamy. Paul made a recommendation that an aspiring bishop should be a husband of one wife because of the responsibility of managing the church, therefore the less marital distractions for him then the better. But somehow the christian institutions have decided to enforce this recommendation as a prerequisite for any man as a christian. Again, this is simply man imposing man's values as God's, a pervasion of christian doctrine. It was never like this in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by CzarChris(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2013
This being quite an interesting forum, but the truth here is that those for 1man,1wife base their arguement on sentiments and assumptions. But niflheim backed his with hard facts from the same bible.
The floor is still open shaa.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by AtheistD(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2013
I dont understand those christians who advocate. It was never a christian thing. Where in christianity is polygamy accepted? People blame Paul but think of it this way, if God wanted polygamy He would have created Adam, Eve, Lucy, Tanya, Natasha etc.. just for Adam to enjoy. Why did God create only Eve?

So if Polygamist christians want to accept polygamy then why dont they accept polyandry? Polyandry is still a form of polygamy and the bible does not speak against it either.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by peteregwu(m): 6:50pm On May 26, 2013
okeyxyz:

There is no bible\christian doctrine against polygamy. Paul made a recommendation that an aspiring bishop should be a husband of one wife because of the responsibility of managing the church, therefore the less marital distractions for him then the better. But somehow the christian institutions have decided to enforce this recommendation as a prerequisite for any man as a christian. Again, this is simply man imposing man's values as God's, a pervasion of christian doctrine. It was never like this in the first place.

Bros why u dey talk like this now. Don't u believe in the bible or what? Please read below;

Mark 10:6-9, 11-12 KJV
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. [7] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; [8] And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. [9] What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. [11] And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. [12] And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

It is very clear that if a man put away his wife, that man has committed. Sam thing goes to the wife. If she do the same, she has committed adultery also. To show you that God is also against divorce. An the bible also commanded us not to marry any divorce woman, which also means taking another man or woman as husband or wife when one was married before is not allowed by God according to His word(bible). In other words God does not like divorce.
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by handsomebolanle: 10:44pm On May 26, 2013
@op.. You just tapped a knowledge... There are many things pastor wont say or discourage inother not make others stumble. Do you think evryone will take it as you can.. Human been is insatiable.. So i say you close this thread and keep the knowledge
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by Niflheim(m): 2:46pm On May 28, 2013
1.In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry........................................................it is only the mischievious christians who would avoid this vers while quoting others!!!

2.In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons....".......................................................I got this info from the so called "word of god".Watch out for the christians,crawling out of the woodwork for this one(just like termites)!!!

3.Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

4.Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."..............................................when the first brother dies and she marries the second brother,doesn't the second brother already have his own wife?And don't they a;; eventually go to heaven?
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by Niflheim(m): 2:46pm On May 28, 2013
@Chris Czar, When the Jews brought this situation up to Jesus in Matthew 22:24-28, Jesus did not prohibit at all for the childless widow to marry her husband's brother (even if he were married). Instead, Jesus replied to them by saying that we do not marry in heaven, and we will be like angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30).
Re: Christianity And One Man, One Wife by Niflheim(m): 2:48pm On May 28, 2013
@Ijaw kid,In the OT, we also see that a virgin is forced to marry her rapist: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:28)"...........................................................BUT I BET THAT YOU NEVER REALIZED THAT THE RAPIST CAN BE ALREADY MARRIED NOW,DID YOU?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia In 1960(picture) / Beware: Spacetacular Is Felixomor / The Prophecy Of Obaofusa Against Mjbolt(both Nairalanders)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.