Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,738 members, 7,905,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch (912 Views)

My Encounter With Satan / My Two Hours Revelation Of Heaven - 4th Encounter From Bro.emmanuel / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Pygru: 10:27pm On May 23, 2013
New International Version (©2011)

Acts 8:39
When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 8:40
Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.

Question:Can it happen in this present gospel dispensation?
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by damosky12(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru: New International Version (©2011)

When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.
Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the gospel in all the towns until he reached Caesarea.

It happens. Read Biographies of men of God like: Apostle JA Babalola and some other C.A.C Apostles, Smith wigglesworth, RW Shambak. The supernatural still happens. Just be spirit conscious, you will see them.

1 Like

Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2013

I believe it still happens today, it's just that the devil and his agents are now counterfeiting what God does and we are more used to hearing stories of "egbe" or "kanoko" which our forefathers use in travelling and getting out of danger. Those who allow God to use their spirits will use it at His own bidding like the case of Philip and not at our own beck and call.
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2013

YOU DO ERR. I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THOSE VERSES AND THEIR MEANING
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by PastorKun(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2013

Yes it is possible and it does happen with the use of private Jets. grin

1 Like

Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Yes it is possible and it does happen with the use of private Jets. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
OK NOW I GOT TIME TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION COMPREHENSIVELY. SO WHAT IT IS YOU ARE THINKING IS NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING. LETS START WITH VERSE 35

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. PHILIP START TELLING HIM ABOUT JESUS

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? AND AS THEY WENT FURTHER INTO SCRIPTURES THEY CAME UPON A CERTAIN SCRIPTURE, AND THE EUNUCH SAID 'SEE THIS SCRIPTURE HERE, WHAT PREVENTS ME FROM UNDERSTANDING IT ?'

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. AND PHILIP TOLD HIM IF HE BELIEVED IN JESUS WITH ALL HIS HEART, HE WOULD UNDERSTAND AND BE ABLE TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURES. AND HE SAID, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD'

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. AND THE EUNUCH STOPPED HIS CARRIAGE. AND THEY BOTH WENT DEEP INTO THE SCRIPTURES AND PHILIP TAUGHT HIM SO MANY SCRIPTURES.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. AND WHEN THEY FINISHED THE LESSONS, THE SPIRIT MOVED PHILIP TO GO TO ANOTHER CITY TO GO PREACH TO OTHER PEOPLE AND THE EUNUCH SAW HIM NO MORE AFTER THAT AND HE WENT ON HIS WAY HAPPY THAT HE HAD RECIEVED PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES FROM PHILIP

40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea. MEANWHILE PHILIP WAS IN AZOTUS PREACHING AND HE ALSO PREACHED IN SO MANY OTHER CITIES TILL HE CAME TO CAESAREA

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. NOTHING MAGICAL OR DISSAPEARING ACT HAPPENED
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Joagbaje(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
obadiah777: .39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more:

Don't be confused about this. The verse is self explanatory . Remember it happened to Jesus also,

John 6:21
Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Joagbaje:

Don't be confused about this. The verse is self explanatory . Remember it happened to Jesus also,

John 6:21
Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.
OGA JO THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED MEANS >>>> HE JOINED THEM IN PREACHING WHEREVER THEY WENT ( AS OPPOSED TO BEFORE WHEN HE LEFT THEM ALONE AND THEY WERE SCARED WHEN THE REPROBATE CROWD STARTED SCOFFING <<< THIS IS IN PREVIOUS VERSES OF COURSE ). THE SHIP IS THE WORD. wink
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Joagbaje(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
What the. . . .?

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by FromGuiriga(m): 1:40am On Jul 14, 2013
obadiah777: OK NOW I GOT TIME TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION COMPREHENSIVELY. SO WHAT IT IS YOU ARE THINKING IS NOT WHAT IS HAPPENING. LETS START WITH VERSE 35

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. PHILIP START TELLING HIM ABOUT JESUS

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? AND AS THEY WENT FURTHER INTO SCRIPTURES THEY CAME UPON A CERTAIN SCRIPTURE, AND THE EUNUCH SAID 'SEE THIS SCRIPTURE HERE, WHAT PREVENTS ME FROM UNDERSTANDING IT ?'

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. AND PHILIP TOLD HIM IF HE BELIEVED IN JESUS WITH ALL HIS HEART, HE WOULD UNDERSTAND AND BE ABLE TO INTERPRET SCRIPTURES. AND HE SAID, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD'

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. AND THE EUNUCH STOPPED HIS CARRIAGE. AND THEY BOTH WENT DEEP INTO THE SCRIPTURES AND PHILIP TAUGHT HIM SO MANY SCRIPTURES.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. AND WHEN THEY FINISHED THE LESSONS, THE SPIRIT MOVED PHILIP TO GO TO ANOTHER CITY TO GO PREACH TO OTHER PEOPLE AND THE EUNUCH SAW HIM NO MORE AFTER THAT AND HE WENT ON HIS WAY HAPPY THAT HE HAD RECIEVED PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCRIPTURES FROM PHILIP

40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea. MEANWHILE PHILIP WAS IN AZOTUS PREACHING AND HE ALSO PREACHED IN SO MANY OTHER CITIES TILL HE CAME TO CAESAREA

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. NOTHING MAGICAL OR DISSAPEARING ACT HAPPENED

Brother Obadiah, can you clarify a few things for me brother?
• There were no New Testament scriptures at that time, how can Phillip be referring to water baptism when the scriptures he was reading from was the Tanakh and my understanding is that there was no water baptism at far as the Jews were concerned.

Give thanks.

1 Like

Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
Joagbaje: What the. . . .?

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
nothing i gave was of private interpretation sire. precept must be upon precept, here a little there a little. cheesy
Re: Philip's Encounter With The Eunuch by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Brother Obadiah, can you clarify a few things for me brother?
• There were no New Testament scriptures at that time, how can Phillip be referring to water baptism when the scriptures he was reading from was the Tanakh and my understanding is that there was no water baptism at far as the Jews were concerned.

Give thanks.
sire, there is no such thing as h20 baptism. this is mans misappropriated tradition based on wrongful interpretation of the bible. water means doctrine. to be baptized by water means to be taught the doctrine. same with fasting. biblical fasting has nothing to do with food. this is also mans miss-translation of the bible. yeah the lord fasted ( did not eat the word. revelation 10 vs 9 tells you what eat means ) for a certain number of days so he can be spiritually weak like man and be tempted like man so as to overcome like man. hebrews 2 vs 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted

fasting that applies to us means stopping all the evil you do. its called a holy-fast. thats what fasting is. thats the only effective spiritual fasting. depriving yourself of food is nothing spiritual. >>> joel 1 vs 14 Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly <<< what a fast really is. a holy fast. dont do evil not dont eat food

all praises sire. have a great week. oh and if you look at the word baptism in the dictionary it means to be taught esoteric knowledge ( like knowledge from scriptures )

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girl Kidnapped At RCCG Redemption Camp; 5-year- Old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile / If The Whole Nigeria Pastor Can Be Like This Man Of God, It Will Be Great / Catholicism And Hell: Chris Okotie Tackled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.