Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,857 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju (510 Views)

Ademola Fashola Gushes Over His Girlfriend (pics) / Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by Stevogue(m): 8:00am On May 24, 2013
General Muhammadu Buhari is a damaged brand, he cannot win the presidential election on any platform unless his brand equity is restored. Any people or group of people who wants to do this will have their work cut out for them, it is a lot of work but it can be done. Buhari has the best brand equity any human being would wish for until religion was used against him. He is upright, disciplined, honest, devout, frugal and patriotic among other superlatives.
Who damaged his brand?
A. The political elite
B. The educated elite
What damaged his brand?
He is disciplined: Those of us who were old enough, knew how we all fell in line under Buhari/Idiagbon’s War Against Indiscipline (WAI). The spectacle of civil servants who were publicly humiliated for lateness is still fresh in our memory. When he was in charge, everybody observed decorum at publics spaces by taking their turns. It was unprecedented in a country populated by oversized egos. Little wonder, the “do you know who I am” crowd do not want a return to an orderly Nigeria. They benefit from the chaos and indiscipline...CONTINUE: http://crimefacts.org/buhari-is-a-damaged-brand-by-bamidele-ademola-olateju/
Re: Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by Wadeoye(m): 8:08am On May 24, 2013
Stevogue: General Muhammadu Buhari is a damaged brand, he cannot win the presidential election on any platform unless his brand equity is restored. Any people or group of people who wants to do this will have their work cut out for them, it is a lot of work but it can be done. Buhari has the best brand equity any human being would wish for until religion was used against him. He is upright, disciplined, honest, devout, frugal and patriotic among other superlatives.
Who damaged his brand?
A. The political elite
B. The educated elite
What damaged his brand?
He is disciplined: Those of us who were old enough, knew how we all fell in line under Buhari/Idiagbon’s War Against Indiscipline (WAI). The spectacle of civil servants who were publicly humiliated for lateness is still fresh in our memory. When he was in charge, everybody observed decorum at publics spaces by taking their turns. It was unprecedented in a country populated by oversized egos. Little wonder, the “do you know who I am” crowd do not want a return to an orderly Nigeria. They benefit from the chaos and indiscipline...CONTINUE: http://crimefacts.org/buhari-is-a-damaged-brand-by-bamidele-ademola-olateju/

Interesting piece... Compounding the situation is the bandwagon effect among our youth. They are too busy with football, drinking, etc that they don't have time to follow politics closely and read between the lines. I pity some regions in the south.
Re: Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by FrankC3: 8:15am On May 24, 2013
With the kind of love that our SW brothers show Buhari on NL and elsewhere, i am persuaded to believe that if Buhari accept to run for the governorship of Lagos or Oyo or Osun state, he will win by a landslide margin.

I hereby move that Buhari restore that 'brand equity' by contesting and winning the governorship position of Lagos State in 2015.
Re: Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by tomakint: 8:29am On May 24, 2013
Frank-C:
With the kind of love that our SW brothers show Buhari on NL and elsewhere, i am persuaded to believe that if Buhari accept to run for the governorship of Lagos or Oyo or Osun state, he will win by a landslide margin.

I hereby move that Buhari restore that 'brand equity' by contesting and winning the governorship position of Lagos State in 2015.
Now this is funny, I have to laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Punish Sect Members Who Turn Selves In, Abdulsalami Pleads With FG / PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur / Its 15 Years Today Since Abacha Died. What Do U Remember Him For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.