Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,531 members, 7,972,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:47 PM

Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum (22102 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 11:29pm On May 24, 2013
HAH: This is obviously a sign that GEJ will lose the PDP primaries (he earlier he decamps to Apga or LP the better because PDPs candidate is Lamido or kwankwaso.

The handwriting is clear on the wall. Lest I forget kano delegate alone is equal to 50% of south south delegates

Folks who see this mere victory has a sign of Jonathan losing ahead are just just been pathetic to be serious. We know vividly that almost all the opposition state governors voted Amaechi while he enjoyed the 20% from his 2 northern friends governors.

The statistics have it clearly that almost 90% of PDP governors voted for Jang. So it was a clear sign that Ameachi only won from the opposition and those who understand politics very well will know why the opposition did this

- They did it to keep stirring storms in PDP while tryin to subtly appeal to Ameachi's defecting to their party
- They did it to make Nigerians think Presido look weak but NGF to me is just a forum where common interests that cuts across partisanship is discussed...one for all all for one......we know that come 2015 all man will be for himself...if you doubt me ask Timipre Sylva.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by DonaldGenes(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2013
fkaz:

Stop Fooooolin your self [/quote[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][code][/code][quote]
[sup][/sup][sub][/sub][url][/url]
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by ruthDung: 11:32pm On May 24, 2013
so what are governors peoples vote
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by ckkris: 11:35pm On May 24, 2013
Congratulations. Its good to see what position Amechi will get from Buhari, Tinubu, IBB, etc. Just like fish out of water.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Tonsimene: 11:39pm On May 24, 2013
Wait till you hear a final statement from the 19 governors that voted for Gov.Jonah Jang. Honestly, i think Ameachi has a lot of explaining to do. He must tell Nigerians how he actually manipulated the results!!! If 19 governors come out to say they actually endorsed Gov. Jonah Jang, .....then Ameachi is finished.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by ckkris: 11:42pm On May 24, 2013
Tayo114: Brave man, he deserves it
Foolhardy, perhaps.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 11:43pm On May 24, 2013
Gbawe:

Nigeria cannot remain an aberration where mediocrities, promoted far above their station, lord it over talented folks. That model is becoming extinct worldwide.

Prop up GEJ all you want and put down Ameachi as suits you but I can confidently tell you , here and now, that your Nation will not exist in a vacuum.

Ultimately, and in defiance of what obtained previously, Nigerian leadership will become more about meritorious and talented 'gladiators' earning the right to lead rather than what we have now whereby a totally unfit character such as GEJ, courtesy of throwback jesters like OBJ, finds himself far above his station. Amaechi's victory may not last but it is symbolic of what is to come for GEJ and those who support him myopically.

Which aberration of mediocrities? ...the last time I checked it was the supposed promoters of the opposition that are mounting their butts off come 2015 to put in some lame leader...seriously some folks should not be talking at all unless they have something better....

I personally dont even see a damn thing about this NGF blah blah blah and like I said...when the time comes everyone will see that stubbornness aint the same thing as doggedness...winning battle aint the same thing as winning a war...state governor aint the same thing as national president...NGF 2013 aint the same thine as NigeriaDecides 2015...~wink and roars! cool cool cool

And for the noting...wherever Amaechi is now, He'll sure know by now that PDP has logically tagged him as the '5th column'. No PDP govnor would want to have anything to do with him...sincerely I piiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttyyyyyyy him ##In stammering voice#### grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 24, 2013
Tonsimene: Wait till you hear the statement from the 19 governors that voted for Jang. Gov. Ameachi has a lot of explaining to do. He must tell us how he managed to manipulate the results!!!

Here is a view on how the manipulation was done cheesy

NGF Election: Amaechi Wins, Despite Odds
Polls 19 To 16 To Retain NGF Chairman

AGAINST all odds, Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi Friday in Abuja defeated Plateau State Governor Jonah Jang to win a second term as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF). Amaechi polled 19 votes to Jang’s 16.

All the 36 governors, except Yobe State Governor Ibrahim Gaidam, were in attendance for the election conducted by the Director general of the NGF, Asishana Bayo Okauru at the Rivers state Governor’s Lodge.

Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko, who was earlier picked to run for the vice chairmanship position against Zamfara State Governor Abdulaziz Yari, stepped down when it became obvious that the trend would be repeated, thus Yari was chosen for the post.

The election, it was gathered, was by open-secret balloting, whereby each voter (governor) was handed a paper on which to write the name of his choice and drop in a box.

Some of the governors, disappointed by the outcome, were said to have left the venue immediately, while Amaechi’s supporters went into a celebration mood

As a prelude to the NGF election, the Nigeria Northern Governors Forum (NNGF) had held a meeting at the Niger State Governor’s Lodge in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), presided over by its Chairman and Governor of Niger State, Dr. Mua’zu Babangida Aliyu, where sources said Katsina State Governor Ibrahim Shema refused to step down for his Bauchi State counterpart, Alhaji Isa Yuguda, who also refused to support; hence Plateau State Governor Jonah Jang was unanimously picked as consensus candidate.

The Guardian learnt that Jang was later presented to, and endorsed for the post by, PDP governors at the Akwa Ibom State Governor’s Lodge.

Akwa Ibom State Governor Godswill Akpabio was all over town coordinating and mobilising some of his colleagues to support Jang’s candidature.

The contention for the position had led to a simmering rift between the Presidency and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi, finally snowballed into an election yesterday, the first in its short history, with …emerging as the new Chairman.

Amaechi has been having a running battle with the Presidency for some time.

Last month, aviation agencies prevented the aircraft of the governor from leaving Akure Airport in Ondo State shortly he and his aides returned from the burial of the late deputy governor of Ekiti State, Mrs. Olufunmilayo Olayinka, in Ado-Ekiti.

Officials at the different aviation agencies initially gave conflicting reasons for the grounding of the aircraft, which was released a few hours later.

The House of Representatives committee set up to investigate the circumstances surrounding the grounding of the aircraft was reported to have indicted the Ministry of Aviation, the National Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the management of Caverton Helicopters over the issue.

Although the report is yet to be formally presented to the lower legislative chamber, its content showed that officials of Caverton were pressured into denying their relationship with the Rivers State government and NCAA.

The is said to have indicted the aviation ministry for unprofessionally denying knowledge of the ownership of the aircraft.

The committee indicted Caverton for falsifying the documents it presented to the aviation authorities, claiming that this action was responsible for the grounding of the aircraft.

It further recommended prosecution of all those found culpable by the office of the Attorney General of the Federation.

The committee lamented that the aviation ministry and its departments ignored calls to submit a list of all private jets and owners and documentations for examination and comparison of their treatment with the Rivers State case.

It described the attitude as an attempt to conceal the fact that many of the aircraft in operation are running on expired permits or licences, as this would in turn invalidate the case against the Rivers State government.

The move to oust Amaechi as NGF chairman took a new dimension with the formation of the PDP Governors Forum, headed by Akwa Ibom State Governor Godswill Akpabio, who is believed to have coordinated the onslaught.

The Presidency was alleged to have influenced the stalling of the election of a new NGF chairman two months ago until it is able to get enough governors on its side to support its candidate and stop Amaechi’s re-election.

It was speculated to have initially backed the candidature of Katsina State Governor Ibrahim Shema, but settled for his Bauchi State counterpart, Isa Yuguda, when it could not get the support of most of the governors, especially those of the opposition parties, majority of who at that time wanted Amaechi to return for a second term, more so as its efforts to make the PDP Governors Forum adopt Shema as the consensus candidate of the PDP governors failed.

To actualise this dream, the Presidency is said to have mobilised its staunch allies, including Akpabio, Gabriel Suswam (Benue) and Seriake Dickson (Bayelsa) to drum up support for its candidate.

With this, Amaechi was left to slug it out with Shema, who later stepped down for Yuguda, in yesterday’s election.

Most of the governors, particularly those in the opposition, save a few, were opposed to what they saw as the Presidency’s interference in who heads the Forum.

As a result, many of them vowed to resist any attempt by the Presidency to foist anyone on them; hence a handful of them were favourably disposed to Amaechi’s bid.
Source:http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/

NGF: Amaechi Remains Chairman
http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Amaechi Re-emerges Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum
http://leadership.ng/news/240513/amaechi-re-emerges-chairman-nigeria-governors-forum
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by seunfly: 11:49pm On May 24, 2013
ruth Dung: you so called south west we wil divide nigeria verticaly and join you with dis mallams in the north seems u are floating together, we are tired with them in midle belt, and sw is even small i populatn. non indigens that are much in sw dats midle belt se and ss
i don't knw why u people always reason tribalistically, where were u people so call se and middle belt when the northerners were humilating him? When Sw was busy fighting 4 him did the north take it tribally that Sw is against d north? It is only u people that always takes things tribally.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by SirFemiTopstar(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2013
Amaechi's victory is the semi-final defeat to GEJ.The final defeat comes in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by AdekunleBalogun: 11:52pm On May 24, 2013
Tinubu won his trials and tribulations wit Obj and they are both Yoruba's, today Tinubu holds the highest political power in the land. As for Amechi, he should whether the storm, victory is insight, I see another strong opposition party in the making.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 24, 2013
edited

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by userlist(f): 11:56pm On May 24, 2013
@Gentle me
Folks who see this mere victory has a sign of Jonathan losing ahead are just just been pathetic to be serious. We know vividly that almost all the opposition state governors voted Amaechi while he enjoyed the 20% from his 2 northern friends governors.

The statistics have it clearly that almost 90% of PDP governors voted for Jang. So it was a clear sign that Ameachi only won from the opposition and those who understand politics very well will know why the opposition did this

- They did it to keep stirring storms in PDP while tryin to subtly appeal to Ameachi's defecting to their party
- They did it to make Nigerians think Presido look weak but NGF to me is just a forum where common interests that cuts across partisanship is discussed...one for all all for one......we know that come 2015 all man will be for himself...if you doubt me ask Timipre Sylva.

Who cares why they did it, the bottom line is GEJ lost woefully.
His preferred candidate lost

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 11:58pm On May 24, 2013
saintvalx:

I'm tired/bored, I can't agree with you anymore.

Do I need to seize a moment to tell everyone that "our mumu don do"?
grin grin grin grin grin grin ...Gbawe have you heard? grin grin grin ...this is coming from even your perceived own grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Gentleme1: 12:00am On May 25, 2013
userlist:

Who cares why they did it, the bottom line is GEJ lost woefully.
His preferred candidate lost

Na wa o...this comment is just too too daft ...gush!... was the election between Amaechi and Jonathan? or between governors of Nigeria? Madam gushy, Jang was not Jonathan's preferred candidate...read and know the facts grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by laCapri: 12:01am On May 25, 2013
I laugh in NGF.
Dis is just a simple chess game. Amaechi & GEJ knows wat dey are doing.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by maclatunji: 12:04am On May 25, 2013
PointB: Congratulations to Ameachi.
I however wonder what it profits Ameachi to win reelection but lose his party's support. Perhaps he is warming up to decamp to APC as I fail to see how this re-election will serve him in PDP.

It is not too difficult to figure out that the PDP is about to break asunder.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 12:07am On May 25, 2013
If 36 men cant conduct a free n fair election amongst themselves, then BIG SHAME ON THEM!!! JUST 36 OH!!!!!!!! DAT D ELECTION IS BEING DISPUTED!!! 2MRW NOW, ONE OF THEM WILL GO TO ABUJA HIGH COURT TO GET AN INJUCTION STOPPING AMAECHI FROM PARADING HIMSELF AS CHAIRMAN OF GOVERNORS FORUM!!!! I WEEP FOR DIS COUNTRY
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by HAH: 12:10am On May 25, 2013
Gentle me:

You are wrong my brother of the 19 votes gotten by amaech 3 opposition did not vote for him I.e yobe who was absent, then mimiko and obi who obviously voted Jang which mean he only got10 votes from the 13 opposition governors which mean he got 9 votes from PDP state so where did you get your 90%. Therefore 14/23= 60 only 60% of PDP governors voted Jang.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by maclatunji: 12:12am On May 25, 2013
click2cbn: If 36 men cant conduct a free n fair election amongst themselves, then BIG SHAME ON THEM!!! JUST 36 OH!!!!!!!! DAT D ELECTION IS BEING DISPUTED!!! 2MRW NOW, ONE OF THEM WILL GO TO ABUJA HIGH COURT TO GET AN INJUCTION STOPPING AMAECHI FROM PARADING HIMSELF AS CHAIRMAN OF GOVERNORS FORUM!!!! I WEEP FOR DIS COUNTRY

LMFSO
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Yorubaman40: 12:17am On May 25, 2013
Pedagogue:

Boy, u are so funny!!! Amaechi flawed the combination of GEJ and Akpabio and you are there saying he's the most democratic president!!!

If GEJ had his way,he would have killed Amaechi b4 d election! What did GEJ not do to displace Amaechi? He stopped his plane from flying, changed the PDP leadership in Rivers state, used ex militants and policemen against him amongst other things !

But did that deter Amechi ? Hell no!!! if Amaechi is to be likened to a boxer , I will call him MOHAMMED ALLI !!!

*GEJ,AKPABIO etc have been taught a lesson in politics ! 2015, where art thou?
The funny thing is that when the people of Rivers now stand up to deal with Ameachi, the opposition will start crying Jonathans name. Ameachi is working with those outside his region to perpetuate a divide - and -rule tactics. Well, when d Sunnami comes he should not cry - he is having his field day now and he should enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 12:18am On May 25, 2013
Nigerians are too tribalistic.I saw this coming,Amaechi was going to win.GEJ never needed to float a PDP Governor's Forum;this was a slap on the face of the opposition esp. the SW in collaboration with the north.I have said it here that the North will never vote for GEJ come 2015 (Hate the truth or like it),They are not happy with the state of things in the region and they believe they only can fix their issues.Why is it that Yuguda and Shema can not align to have a consensus candidate and brought in a weaker Jang (Northern Christian for that matter).Amaechi went fully in to the contest since Apkabio and Co could not get their axis right.The north are politically inclined than the South (take it),if na south na so they go dey battle with each other.

Secondly,The Governors never wanted the Presidency to have a say in their decision and that was the mistake GEJ made.he would not have shown somuch interest in the whole event,what he could have dne was to take beneath and should not have floated the PDP Governor's forum.Forget all this Akpabio late cry.Why did they decide to go into the election when the game plan had change.
All GEJ supporters should stop crying foul and re-organise themselves again.
Note:the north will never vote for the south or GEJ come 2015..!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Yorubaman40: 12:23am On May 25, 2013
click2cbn: If 36 men cant conduct a free n fair election amongst themselves, then BIG SHAME ON THEM!!! JUST 36 OH!!!!!!!! DAT D ELECTION IS BEING DISPUTED!!! 2MRW NOW, ONE OF THEM WILL GO TO ABUJA HIGH COURT TO GET AN INJUCTION STOPPING AMAECHI FROM PARADING HIMSELF AS CHAIRMAN OF GOVERNORS FORUM!!!! I WEEP FOR DIS COUNTRY
grin grin grin Well thats Nigerian politics for u. Nobody has tuely won an election until the highest court in d land so rule!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 12:25am On May 25, 2013
edited
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Yorubaman40: 12:29am On May 25, 2013
greg1234: Nigerians are too tribalistic.I saw this coming,Amaechi was going to win.GEJ never needed to float a PDP Governor's Forum;this was a slap on the face of the opposition esp. the SW in collaboration with the north.I have said it here that the North will never vote for GEJ come 2015 (Hate the truth or like it),They are not happy with the state of things in the region and they believe they only can fix their issues.Why is it that Yuguda and Shema can not align to have a consensus candidate and brought in a weaker Jang (Northern Christian for that matter).Amaechi went fully in to the contest since Apkabio and Co could not get their axis right.The north are politically inclined than the South (take it),if na south na so they go dey battle with each other.

Secondly,The Governors never wanted the Presidency to have a say in their decision and that was the mistake GEJ made.he would not have shown somuch interest in the whole event,what he could have dne was to take beneath and should not have floated the PDP Governor's forum.Forget all this Akpabio late cry.Why did they decide to go into the election when the game plan had change.
All GEJ supporters should stop crying foul and re-organise themselves again.
Note:the north will never vote for the south or GEJ come 2015..!
I can assure u they will not only vote for Jonathan but over-whemingly. The northern political elite will not commit political suicide like d common almajiris. When d time comes they will negotiate with Jonathan.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by agent9(m): 12:52am On May 25, 2013
He don port oooo! ;DHe don port oooo!
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by profola2be(m): 2:40am On May 25, 2013
Uclloyd28: Get the whole truth @ OP

The house is divided. Akpabio Showed A Document with 19 signature of 19 governors voting for Gov Jang. Take it from me, Amaeachi is making a mistake, you don't fight with a sitting president. U will def lose.
Please,how on earth could you have thought that,Jonah Jang will defeat Ameachi?
Even an UNBORN baby or a blind man could have guessed right that,Jonah Jang doesn't have the political AURA that Rotimi Ameachi has!
I know a good number of local government Chairmen who will defeat Jonah Jang hands down anyday,in any election!
If no be say Presidency put mouth,you think say Jonah Jang go get any vote against Ameachi?
Even with their(Presidency) former candidates self,Katsina or Bauchi state Governors,I predicted winning for Ameachi,let alone Jonah Jang!
Please,anyone who isn't satisfied with the outcome of the election or the result can take a short cut.......(OTAPIAPIA dey or go hang yourself)
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by profola2be(m): 2:41am On May 25, 2013
KwoiZabo: Well Amaechi or opposition can do whatever but our warning to Amaechi is that if anytin shld happen 2 GEJ or our presidency come 2015 we'll send him on exile. Period
And who are you please?
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by dayokanu(m): 2:44am On May 25, 2013
Dem don take retardeen face rub mud again
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Awake9ja(m): 3:27am On May 25, 2013
Its strategicaly wrong for the notth to vote Amechi and reason is that what if Amechi give up at the last minute for Gej which is likely to happen who will help them rig election in favor of the core north and south west come 2015.

As things stands now APC is on the loosing side bcus Amechi must surely listen to his people since maintaining number one post for his people is better than going down from number one to number two. But in a situation he refuses to back down for his own selfish reason against the desier of his people then he will be an outcaste forever to his tribe and an enemy to the ss,se and nc.

I dont think he will like to tow that route bcus even his wife and kids will ask him to back down for their own future and safety.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by Nobody: 3:30am On May 25, 2013
Amaechi has made his case worst with this purpoted election. In the coming days, he shall either resign or the governor's forum shall be polarised and loose it's substance.
Why all this hulabaloo concerning an organisation formed by idle thiefing politicians who want more than mis-governing their states?
GEJ's problem with the PDP governors was trying to bring back old political war-horses that had been schemed out by the governors. The governors felt their positions threatened by the action.
Watch out for part II of this political drama.
Re: Amaechi Re-elected As Chairman Of Nigeria Governors Forum by blessed4ever: 3:34am On May 25, 2013
You are invited to attend the forth coming International Crusade titled,'THAT YOKE MUST BREAK'.Organised by the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, and the venue is at the HQ church, Ijesha, Lagos (Ijesha B/stop); in June 1-2, 2013; 8am daily.

All your yokes must be destroyed by the annointing;ministering is the General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka.
Be there!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / Senator Binta Garba: I Rejected N300m Bribe To Dump APC / Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.