Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,487 members, 7,892,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

Models Are Not Lesbians - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Models Are Not Lesbians (885 Views)

Chinese Grandfather Models Teen Girls' Clothing / Hottest Nigerian Male Models Ever / Aspiring fresh Models Are Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Models Are Not Lesbians by jeffer1122: 11:39am On May 25, 2013
Grace Onuoha, a model, actress, fashion designer and the current Miss Eko, tells ABIMBOLA OBATAYO about her career and how she copes as a student of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, NIJ

Grace Onuoha, Miss Eko

How was growing up like?

I will say it was quite challenging. I am not from a well-to-do family, so growing up, for me, was challenging.

Give us an insight into how you started your modelling career…

I started my modelling career in 2008, a day after my birthday precisely. I was just 17 years old then. I went with my sister for an audition because the previous day was my birthday, so she decided to take me out with her for the audition. We got there and I saw girls like me and I decided to take part. I was interviewed and then I was chosen. I didn’t even expect it because I went there for fun. So two days later, I was called upon that I have been chosen. I was asked to report to the camp that they were going to train us. That was how I began.

Which outfits/designers have you worked for?

I have modelled for Zizikado, Itien Bassy, Modela Couture, Mood Couture and for myself, Great Grace Collection. I have modelled for some designers whose names I can’t even remember.

Were you paid when you started modelling?

Yes, I was well paid. That was what encouraged me to go into it fully.

Did you really love modelling or was it circumstances that led you into it?

I have always wanted to be a top model right from when I was a kid. I think I was four years old when I said I wanted to be on TV, that I wanted to be a broadcaster, I wanted to be everything that has to do with broadcasting. While growing, I liked Genevieve and Agbani Darego, so I have always wanted to be a model.

Did your parents support your?

Yes, very much. They were really in support even before I started modelling; I had acted in some films. My first movie was done in my secondary school. The production team came to my school to pick people that will act and then I was chosen and I played the lead role in the movie. My parents really liked it because they knew that was what I wanted to do, even right from when I was young. I participated in a lot of church activities like drama and debates, so they already knew what I wanted to be. They have always been in support, they provide me with clothes and all that I need, even when I wanted to contest for Miss Majoss, I was about 7 years old then, but my parents provided all I needed, taught me what to say and how to say it. When I was in the secondary school, I contested again and won. So they have always been praying for me, showing me all their support.

How have you been able to combine education and modelling?

Read on:http://naija366.com/models-are-not-lesbians/

(1) (Reply)

Bead Lovers / Deleted / Why Man Usebaseball Hoodies In Morning Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.