Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him (5523 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Confronting The Mistress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by StateOfMind: 9:15am On May 26, 2013
SpicyMimi: Hubby borrowed him nd hubby says 'let it go' just obey him as that is d most important thing here. I wonder why u r asking 4 our opinions in d first place, na we marry u? So u'd rather prefer to obey us nd disobey U̶̲̥̅̊я hubby Please learn not to bring up family issues here, pple here are humans like u nd most will never bring their problems here bt very good at fueling other pple's problems!
Listen to U̶̲̥̅̊я hubby nd dats final.

So why are you here to air your opinion if you did not marry her? Can't you see you lack common sense?
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by slimyem: 9:18am On May 26, 2013
ayobase:

It strained your relationship of course, and you prefer it that way.....yoruba proverb I always try to eschew "Owo lo n ba oju ore je"

I have taken it upon myself to making sure I avoid FINANCIAL crisis with family and friend....I rather let it go......IT GIVES ONE RESPECT!

Doing and achieving this, I don't give out money I can't forget about.....and you should know that there are some people you shouldn't even lend money, rather give them to avoid clash!

E kuke better make u say u no get than later being at loggerheads!
Well..I just refused to be taken for a fool anymore. I was almost sure I wasn't getting my money back with the way he acted oblivious of the whole thing after 3 months when he actually promised to pay back within 3 days of borrowing it.

Owo lo n boju ore je for real and I'd rather not have a friend who can't be held to his words.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:22am On May 26, 2013
StateOfMind:

So why are you here to air your opinion if you did not marry her? Can't you see you lack common sense?

Ha!! SOM!!! Dats harsh na sad

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by waleadex(m): 9:56am On May 26, 2013
It's not good if you confront him because your hubby already told you not to and the man didn't borrow from you but from hubby.
What I expect you to do is to talk to your hubby to call him personally man-to-man and not his wife. He should let him know how he feels about his attitude. By then,I am sure,even if he still does nt have the money,he will apologise and that will avoid malice between both families. Same thing happened to me when a man from the neighbourhood came borrowing money to settle his ward's school fee,payable in 3days. He didn't say anything for about 4weeks and I was always feeling a bad hit in my heart each time I saw him. So I called him after 5weeks and told him my mind and I became happy each time I was seeing him thereafter.
So,my sister,malice is bad for our health because I am sure as a woman you are going to find it hard to greet or converse with him base on what's on ground.
By all means,avoid malice and hatred. These two don't do our hearts any good.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by biolabee(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2013
waleadex: It's not good if you confront him because your hubby already told you not to and the man didn't borrow from you but from hubby.

just want to state it is not hubby's money only but the two both of dem.... they made the decision jointly and the money or lack affects one and thus both of them
i dont subscribe to asking the man for the money though as hubby has made his stand clear
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 10:14am On May 26, 2013
I don't know whether u guys read what d poster said.she contributed!
I no dey vex but I'm very realistic.hubby must be willing to part with some doe or I will get it and when I do,will not give him his own back.if I don't know what to do with it,I can give it out,at least I will hv my blessin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by biolabee(m): 10:52am On May 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I don't know whether u guys read what d poster said.she contributed!
I no dey vex but I'm very realistic.hubby must be willing to part with some doe or I will get it and when I do,will not give him his own back.if I don't know what to do with it,I can give it out,at least I will hv my blessin

i get u and i read it wella
since oga has said stay your hand, i think it shd be done so you dont have marital wahala with money wahala join
I like ur style sha.... direct and forthright cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 11:05am On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ha!! SOM!!! Dats harsh na sad

Pot calling kettle black cheesy

Idowu telling someone his/her comment harsh!

I laugh in Chinese
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by CrazyMan(m): 11:07am On May 26, 2013
greatgod2012: I think this man is taking us as fools, and im getting furious towards the man.
Last year April, one of our neighbours came to hubby for financial assistance, he said, he went to the bank to withdraw some amount at the bank with his ATM card, and he claimed that the machine swallowed his card, it was on a Friday, and he came to hubby and asked hubby to borrow him the cash till Monday, when he would have sorted out his ATMcard issue with the bank. Hubby gave him the money,(with my knowledge, of course) and since then, the man has refused to pay the money back. Now, what is making me furious is that, the man never talked about the money, he has been relating with us as if nothing is between us, he has never talked about the money, not to talk of how he is going to pay the money. I asked hubby to ask him the money, hubby said, there is no need, all he know is that, the man can never come to us for financial assistance again. We reported him to his wife, his wife said a lot of bad things about him, how she has been managing/coping with his uncomely attitude. The wife even promised to pay the money back, but hubby asked her not to worry, because, the woman do not have much with her(shes a private school teacher). Now, im feeling like confroting him, not in order to collect the money, but to just let him know that we aint fools, and to also let him know that its not good to behave like that, to let him know that he isnt smarter than us, but hubby wont allow me.
Now, please, advise me, should i confront him or i should just leave him alone. Each time i see him, i feel like hes just taking us as fools, what do i do?
Thanks.
@bolded part
There's no need to confront him...Do what your hubby advised and let him be...in that way you can be sure that you've gotten rid of him repeating such attitude in future (asking you for money)...truth is shame and guilty conscience wouldn't make him ask you for financial assistance anymore regardless of how urgent his needs are.

So please avoid confronting him.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 11:08am On May 26, 2013
, u don collect d money? If una no need am tell me, gimme their address make I arrange guys come meet am? sad

How much it is? undecided

I need money! tongue
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 11:35am On May 26, 2013
Shuooo, this place don turn battle field (thread)

One thing I can pick up categorically is that wifves are meant to managa the home in every area.

Its obvious that men are weak in terms of managing (of course he could be the best manager of the year in his working place, but managing the home is far different), to this effect a woman comes in to manage the "supposed-to-be-wasted" money.

So far so good, we are all correct, but there are times we just have to let go....ONE MIGHT DEVELOP HYPERTENSION IF ONE IS GONNA BE WORRIED OVER EVERY MATTER!

GIVE UR MIND PEACE BIKO!

@slimyem: u are just being a woman....and its normal!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 11:40am On May 26, 2013
Vikin:

Pot calling kettle black cheesy

Idowu telling someone his/her comment harsh!

I laugh in Chinese
its sunday na! mo ti repent. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 11:41am On May 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I don't know whether u guys read what d poster said.she contributed!
I no dey vex but I'm very realistic[b].hubby must be willing to part with some doe or I will get it and when I do,will not give him his own back.if I don't know what to do with it,I can give it out,at least I will hv my blessin[/b]
hehehehhe.. kai! dis woman na tear rubber wife. u no dey carry last.grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by slimyem: 12:10pm On May 26, 2013
ayobase:
@slimyem: u are just being a woman....and its normal!
Its stupid to wind this around gender. My gender has nothing to do with how I handle unrepentant and inconsiderate debtors.
Please skip!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Connoisseur(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2013
If I lend a friend money, I have a responsibility to ask for it back. I do not subscribe to the 'leave it for God' syndrome or remind him when he comes another time. This is because some people are so shameless they wouldnt bat an eyelid a second time. Moreover, not asking gives the impression you are in abundance and to the debtor, the justification that you dont need the money. Like some of us in business would say; 'if your #5 is missing, and you dont look for it cos its just 5 when your 50000 misses, be sure you wont be anle to find it'
Intimating the wife of the loan without asking for it from theman its a wrong call in my opinion. You should have asked the man first and when he defaults in paying, thats when you tell the wife.Dont be surprised when you start hearing tories from the man of how you took his name all over town cos he owes you some 'few change'.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 12:25pm On May 26, 2013
slimyem: Its stupid to wind this around gender. My gender has nothing to do with how I handle unrepentant and inconsiderate debtors.
Please skip!

You simply had no idea of what I was talking about!

And besides, who sabi sin eyan lowo?....man or woman?....women are characterised by some certain traits....even gossip, but that doesn't mean that some men don't share!
This aint about gender 'anything' pls!

I can now skip!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by SpicyMimi(f): 1:03pm On May 26, 2013
StateOfMind:

Mumu can't u use that dusty brain of urs fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я once? My opinion stil stands as d same with her hubby, so which other opinion are u referrn to? I can Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ u ve got no sense at all! You are just one of those witches who are out there to destroy homes! I wonder ow u gonna manage U̶̲̥̅̊я home! I ppirry your hubby or future hubby...na because of pple like u, hubbies go after younger gals! Better start learning how to resppect nd obey U̶̲̥̅̊я hubby, if not U̶̲̥̅̊я marriage is doomed! Its an advice from someone that cares, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by coogar: 1:05pm On May 26, 2013
greatgod2012: I think this man is taking us as fools, and im getting furious towards the man.
Last year April, one of our neighbours came to hubby for financial assistance, he said, he went to the bank to withdraw some amount at the bank with his ATM card, and he claimed that the machine swallowed his card, it was on a Friday, and he came to hubby and asked hubby to borrow him the cash till Monday, when he would have sorted out his ATMcard issue with the bank. Hubby gave him the money,(with my knowledge, of course) and since then, the man has refused to pay the money back. Now, what is making me furious is that, the man never talked about the money, he has been relating with us as if nothing is between us, he has never talked about the money, not to talk of how he is going to pay the money. I asked hubby to ask him the money, hubby said, there is no need, all he know is that, the man can never come to us for financial assistance again. We reported him to his wife, his wife said a lot of bad things about him, how she has been managing/coping with his uncomely attitude. The wife even promised to pay the money back, but hubby asked her not to worry, because, the woman do not have much with her(shes a private school teacher). Now, im feeling like confroting him, not in order to collect the money, but to just let him know that we aint fools, and to also let him know that its not good to behave like that, to let him know that he isnt smarter than us, but hubby wont allow me.
Now, please, advise me, should i confront him or i should just leave him alone. Each time i see him, i feel like hes just taking us as fools, what do i do?
Thanks.

simplest decision ever - let it go!

hubby already told you to forget about it, wife has told you the man isn't responsible. he's ruined his chances of ever getting help from you guys. move on, abeg!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by SpicyMimi(f): 1:10pm On May 26, 2013
Mistakes we ladies make is trying to get stuppid opinions frm 3rd parties! Like wth? Why should u include strangers into your personal affair? Its crazy mehn! If u r lookn fOr an xcuse to disobey Ur hubby, do it on your own will nd stp lookn fOr pple to encourage u on that.
I dnt just get why you are so bothered about this? Fine he refused nd never cared to pay, let it go...its best cause he won't dare to ask fOr another next time nd if he does, that's when u gonna react. Men Love and adore peaceful wives, don't be a trouble maker nd don't stir up any fuss between the man nd Ur hubby! Its a man to man issue, so just let it go! Biko! Stop listening to those pple askn u to confront nd do wt ever, if anythn happens today, these same pple will judge u nd thrw stones at you, so just obey U̅r hubby nd let peace reign for good.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by SpicyMimi(f): 1:13pm On May 26, 2013
coogar:

simplest decision ever - let it go!

hubby already told you to forget about it, wife has told you the man isn't responsible. he's ruined his chances of ever getting help from you guys. move on, abeg!
Simple!!! Women and uneccessary wahala!
God bless you jawe.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
CrazyMan:
@bolded part
There's no need to confront him...Do what your hubby advised and let him be...in that way you can be sure that you've gotten rid of him repeating such attitude in future (asking you for money)...truth is shame and guilty conscience wouldn't make him ask you for financial assistance anymore regardless of how urgent his needs are.

So please avoid confronting him.

@OP, this is the best advice I can proffer to you

Read this and digest it
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by slimyem: 1:36pm On May 26, 2013
ayobase:

You simply had no idea of what I was talking about!

And besides, who sabi sin eyan lowo?....man or woman?....women are characterised by some certain traits....even gossip, but that doesn't mean that some men don't share!
This aint about gender 'anything' pls!

I can now skip!
Thank you.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 26, 2013
Nigerians are quite a funny bunch of people sha. No interest in holding anyone accountable for their actions whatsoever!! Well, as we make our beds.....

@ , I wouldn't say my first option would be to confront the guy; if I were in your position, it's my hubby that I would seriously take to task since he is the one that the guy asked and the one who gave the money to him. Work on your hubby and make him ask the guy for your money.

However, if you did ask the guy yourself, I would not be too mad at you.

By the way, the time and energy spent reporting him to his wife could have been spent asking him for your money.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by coogar: 1:44pm On May 26, 2013
ileobatojo: Nigerians are quite a funny bunch of people sha. No interest in holding anyone accountable for their actions whatsoever!! Well, as we make our beds.....

@ , I wouldn't say my first option would be to confront the guy; if I were in your position, it's my hubby that I would seriously take to task since he is the one that the guy asked and the one who gave the money to him. Work on your hubby and make him ask the guy for your money.

However, if you did ask the guy yourself, I would not be too mad at you.

By the way, the time and energy spent reporting him to his wife could have been spent asking him for your money.

ileoba, you mean you would wake your husband in the middle of the night to discuss when he's going to collect the money he's already told you to forget about? this is an open n shut case - the hubby has moved on, you should move on too. if my wife persists in making trouble, i would lie i have been paid......

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 1:47pm On May 26, 2013
coogar:

ileoba, you mean you would wake your husband in the middle of the night to discuss when he's going to collect the money he's already told you to forget about? this is an open n shut case - the hubby has moved on, you should move on too. if my wife persists in making trouble, i would lie i have been paid......
correct! women and tru-ro-ble.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 26, 2013
SpicyMimi: Mistakes we ladies make is trying to get stuppid opinions frm 3rd parties! Like wth? Why should u include strangers into your personal affair? Its crazy mehn! If u r lookn fOr an xcuse to disobey Ur hubby, do it on your own will nd stp lookn fOr pple to encourage u on that.
I dnt just get why you are so bothered about this? Fine he refused nd never cared to pay, let it go...its best cause he won't dare to ask fOr another next time nd if he does, that's when u gonna react. Men Love and adore peaceful wives, don't be a trouble maker nd don't stir up any fuss between the man nd Ur hubby! Its a man to man issue, so just let it go! Biko! Stop listening to those pple askn u to confront nd do wt ever, if anythn happens today, these same pple will judge u nd thrw stones at you, so just obey U̅r hubby nd let peace reign for good.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 26, 2013
coogar:

My sleep is too precious to me to be waking anybody up in the middle of the night.

As far as I'm concerned, if I felt as frustrated as is, then it is my hubby that will bear the brunt because he is at the center of it, walahi! If he lies convincingly that he has been paid, then no problem. As long as the lie is followed by him returning my own share of the money to my pocket. E don finish!

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 26, 2013
*Never lend an amount you are not prepared to lose*

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Winneygirl(f): 2:03pm On May 26, 2013
Considering that dis loan/assistance happened a year ago, it is now 'bad debt'.
D next step now is to make sure that hubby does not render dis kind of bad assistance again!
Infact, just sit and wait patiently 4 d day he will come and ask 4 money.
Perfect response will be...
"Eyaaa, and we don't have too o."
I'm good at waiting patiently 4 such....
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by coogar: 2:03pm On May 26, 2013
ileobatojo:
My sleep is too precious to me to be waking anybody up in the middle of the night.

ta! witchdoctors don't sleep. grin

As far as I'm concerned, if I felt as frustrated as is, then it is my hubby that will bear the brunt because he is at the center of it, walahi! If he lies convincingly that he has been paid, then no problem. As long as the lie is followed by him returning my own share of the money to my pocket. E don finish!

is just crying more than the bereaved....
hubby lent the money from his own pocket, hubby has told her to forget about confronting the man. the case is open and shut........there's no share to give you as you contributed nothing when the money was lent out. grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ifyalways(f): 2:05pm On May 26, 2013
I didn't read yhe whole thread hence I'm commenting based on OP's opening post.

1) Why did u guys go to the wife? Why inform the wife when you've not yet confronted/reminded the man?
2) You and ur hubby decided to forfeit the loan so why the noise? Why raise a storm first?

Long story short : This is not worth the noise, anger. There is no lesson to teach anyone here. Women should learn to know when to jump into "men affair", you never might just know what other non-financial favor that man might be extending to ur husband.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by coogar: 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
ifyalways: I didn't read yhe whole thread hence I'm commenting based on OP's opening post.

1) Why did u guys go to the wife? Why inform the wife when you've not yet confronted/reminded the man?
2) You and ur hubby decided to forfeit the loan so why the noise? Why raise a storm first?

Long story short : This is not worth the noise, anger. There is no lesson to teach anyone here. Women should learn to know when to jump into "men affair", you never might just know what other non-financial favor that man might be extending to ur husband.

this is a very good point - nobody knows where these 2 men meet up to socialise. the money might have been paid back in a viewing centre with several plates of isi-ewu peppersoup and bottles of heineken in a viewing centre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Did I Do Wrong? / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money / Fathering Sunday Is Here Again,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.