Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,352 members, 7,940,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture (1230 Views)

I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. / I Stopped Being A Nice Guy From Today / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 8:44pm On May 25, 2013
Last night i was speaking with my aunt, she asked if i was single i told her "yes" and she said she would find a husband from Nigeria for me.The thing is i am not so open to the "nigerian/african mentality". I want to tell my aunt that if she is going to search for a guy for me he has to be born here in america or atleast grew up here for most of his life.I have already tried to date guys fresh from africa but they all just seemed to fall right into that Typical nigerian/african mentality. that i just do not like and can not cooperate with. I am not trying to be offensive or anything.

I want to know how to tell my aunt this,without sounding like am looking down at my african men ,(which am not).

i also don't mind if he was born in africa or has african parents,i just don't want the "african mentality" type of guy.Cause i know we will fight day and night and end up in a big divorce/breakup(past experience).

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 25, 2013
Now i know that your problem is complicated. Because your post just intentionally classified all African guys in a primitive ideological settings which is very wrong. Despite the fact that most men beat their wife does'nt make all men thesame gal. If you don't want to remain single forever, get a real man, forget culture and settle down; or else your story will be like Tales by Moonlight.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 25, 2013
Yomii: Now i know that your problem is complicated. Because your post just intentionally classified all African guys in a primitive ideological settings which is very wrong. Despite the fact that most men beat their wife does'nt make all men thesame gal. If you don't want to remain single forever, get a real man, forget culture and settle down; or else your story will be like Tales by Moonlight.
You need to read her post again, perhaps.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by AtheistD(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2013
lovelydoll: Last night i was speaking with my aunt, she asked if i was single i told her "yes" and she said she would find a husband from Nigeria for me.The thing is i am not so open to the "nigerian/african mentality". I want to tell my aunt that if she is going to search for a guy for me he has to be born here in america or atleast grew up here for most of his life.I have already tried to date guys fresh from africa but they all just seemed to fall right into that Typical nigerian/african mentality. that i just do not like and can not cooperate with. I am not trying to be offensive or anything.

I want to know how to tell my aunt this,without sounding like am looking down at my african men ,(which am not).

i also don't mind if he was born in africa or has african parents,i just don't want the "african mentality" type of guy.Cause i know we will fight day and night and end up in a big divorce/breakup(past experience).

So why haven't you been able to meet someone so far? Have you been looking long? America has a lot of eligible bachelors so take your time and enjoy yourself. If you dont want an African then dont go for one. Go for what you want.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 25, 2013
lovelydoll: Last night i was speaking with my aunt, she asked if i was single i told her "yes" and she said she would find a husband from Nigeria for me.The thing is i am not so open to the "nigerian/african mentality". I want to tell my aunt that if she is going to search for a guy for me he has to be born here in america or atleast grew up here for most of his life.I have already tried to date guys fresh from africa but they all just seemed to fall right into that Typical nigerian/african mentality. that i just do not like and can not cooperate with. I am not trying to be offensive or anything.

Can you please explain what you mean by nigerian/African mentality
Your father is nigerian I suppose and you are looking for a man unlike your father abi
Hehehehehe
Waiting for you explanation
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by MrsMango(f): 10:38pm On May 25, 2013
Op, in short, you need a man!
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by MrsChima1(f): 10:47pm On May 25, 2013
OP

I totally get ur point but u know what u want and focus on that....do not focus on ur past experience....law of attraction is tricky and dangrrous.

Good luck.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by DonaldGenes(m): 11:19pm On May 25, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this matter no easy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Coldblooded(m): 11:33pm On May 25, 2013
Simple! Just Call ur aunty and tell her say na play u dey play that time, that u r not "single" but "double".

I wonder how she never knew you were single,abi if u dey married won't ur pple know?

Just pick a basketballer from Lakers and get hitched. Wish u luck.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 25, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
OP

I totally get ur point but u know what u want and focus on that....do not focus on ur past experience....law of attraction is tricky and dangrrous.

Good luck.

What is African mentality as defined by the OP
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by goldfish80(m): 11:49pm On May 25, 2013
Op your English structure is quite incomprehensible.. Kudos to those who read and understood what youre talking about.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by specialguest(f): 12:13am On May 26, 2013
I dont see any 'aunt' in this story. op simply wants an African American for a husband. Where are the blue passport holders on Nairaland? I lipsrsealed
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by True2myself24(f): 1:17am On May 26, 2013
goldfish80: Op your English structure is quite incomprehensible.. Kudos to those who read and understood what youre talking about.

I had no trouble comprehending what she wrote.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:52am On May 26, 2013
goldfish80: Op your English structure is quite incomprehensible.. Kudos to those who read and understood what youre talking about.

i saw your post and your writing isn't so great either.

just saying
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:55am On May 26, 2013
Atheist:-D:

So why haven't you been able to meet someone so far? Have you been looking long? America has a lot of eligible bachelors so take your time and enjoy yourself. If you dont want an African then dont go for one. Go for what you want.

am only 23 , and i had someone, but he moved and am not up for long distance relationships.I don't mind her finding someone for me it's cool ,but if she is am going to have to tell her my type.

Also just so you know am an atheist too.

An African man would not accept that.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:57am On May 26, 2013
specialguest: I dont see any 'aunt' in this story. op simply wants an African American for a husband. Where are the blue passport holders on Nairaland? I lipsrsealed

lol i was born and raised here. My lifestyle and personality is just not what an african man would accept.Trust me i have experience.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:57am On May 26, 2013
Cold blooded: Simple! Just Call ur aunty and tell her say na play u dey play that time, that u r not "single" but "double".

I wonder how she never knew you were single,abi if u dey married won't ur pple know?

Just pick a basketballer from Lakers and get hitched. Wish u luck.

sounds like a great idea
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:58am On May 26, 2013
Yomii: Now i know that your problem is complicated. Because your post just intentionally classified all African guys in a primitive ideological settings which is very wrong. Despite the fact that most men beat their wife does'nt make all men thesame gal. If you don't want to remain single forever, get a real man, forget culture and settle down; or else your story will be like Tales by Moonlight.
wooooooooooow you are wayy wayy off.if you ever met me, you would turn the other way.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by Afam4eva(m): 1:58am On May 26, 2013
No it doesn't. I understand her point. She's just like my sister. They both like a man who does not have that African mentality that puts the man up there and that same culture that says that the woman must be subject to the man's rule.

@OP
I like the fact that you know what you want in a man. That's the first step towards getting the man of your dreams.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by jeffizy(m): 1:59am On May 26, 2013
Since you've probably spent much time abroad, i expect that you will be in the best position to know where you can meet your kind of man.

Politely tell your Aunt that u won't want to appear desperate to any man.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 1:59am On May 26, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
OP

Good luck.

thank you for understanding me.You are also right law of attraction is tricky and suprising
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 2:00am On May 26, 2013
sexkillz: You need to read her post again, perhaps.

thank you dear
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 2:01am On May 26, 2013
jeffizy: Since you've probably spent much time abroad, i expect that you will be in the best position to know where you can meet your kind of man.

Politely tell your Aunt that u won't want to appear desperate to any man.

i was born her ,never been to nigeria once.

fully american , i can't even cook african food
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lovelydoll: 2:02am On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
No it doesn't. I understand her point. She's just like my sister. They both like a man who does not have that African mentality that puts the man up there and that same culture that says that the woman must be subject to the man's rule.

@OP
I like the fact that you know what you want in a man. That's the first step towards getting the man of your dreams.

Thank you ,your post is the most helpful so far.
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by lepasharon(f): 12:31pm On May 26, 2013
you might as well date an african american!
Re: I Don't Want To Marry A Guy From My Culture by MrsChima1(f): 1:02pm On May 26, 2013
Why does she have to date a BA Why not date whomever is compatible to you? Don't let society dictatr your life. Live it boo!

No matter what your aunt say...find your own man.

(1) (Reply)

As A Man, Will U Ever Cheat On Ur Wife For Anytin If So Why, Nd If Not Why?????? / Dating Popular Men/women Or Intelligent Men/women? / How Do I Know He Is Ready 4 Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.