Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,923 members, 7,909,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:06 AM

Grill Guard - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Grill Guard (1437 Views)

Pictures Of The 2016 G Guard Mamba / 2008 Honda Accord With Customized Front Grill, V6: 2.2 Mil Give Away- Loc: Abj / 2006 4runner - All Black, Leather W/grill Guard - Super Clean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grill Guard by egbon(m): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,

Can you drive a JEEP or SUV in Nigeria with Grill Guard (http://www.grilleguardcentral.com/)? Is there a law against this in Nigeria. Also can also help confirm whether it is true that tinted vehicles are not allowed in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: Grill Guard by obua: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2008
Grill guard is allowed.
I use one on my Pajero Jeep.
For tinted glasses ,you need to get a Police clearance. This clearance costs upto 50k or more
Re: Grill Guard by egbon(m): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2008
Thanks my broda!

Meanwhile, where can I get the clearance for tinted glass
Re: Grill Guard by waoosa(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
You get it at Abuja but I guess through a Policeman like I did.

I was told it costs like N35-40K. I went to Ibadan, discussed with a police and got it done within 1week 2days at N10k. considering what my collegues paid someone, I think I got a fair deal.
Re: Grill Guard by earthrealm(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2008
ok who knows  the  price  of  the  front n rear  grille  grille  of  the  rav  4,
2001   to  2005  edition?, the  grill that  extends  to  the  headlights?

also  the partial tinting, [rear sit tinting of  side  window of  cars, does  one  still  need  permits  4  them  too?
Re: Grill Guard by waoosa(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2008
The front grille cover wilbe between N40-45K. cos I got front and side steps for 2003 CRV in lagos for N65K. The front grille covers to the light.

My CRV has the tinting for back seats whic oyibo calls privacy glass (factory fittedd) I had to permit when the wahala from police too much.
Re: Grill Guard by earthrealm(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2008
@waoosa,
thanks a mil,
how much did the permit 4 the privacy tinting cost u?

also u stated only the price of the front grille, what of that small back grille?
Re: Grill Guard by noel76(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2008
@earthrealm, i dont think u need a permit 4 a factory tinted glass if u actually know wat 2 say to the police, a couple of times wen i am asked 2 produce a permit, i always insist dat i dont need a permit 4 it cos its factory tinted and mine is not all dat too dark.
Re: Grill Guard by waoosa(m): 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2008
@earthrealm,
I don't have idea of the back grille.

@Noel,
Mine too is factory fitted and not too dark but because I travel a lot and I live in warri, pass Benin on my way to Ibadan or lagos and for what Benin and warri police and MOPOL are known for, I decided to do it. I initialy wanted to ignore when \i was asked to bring N40k but when I got N10K deal at Ibadan I went for it.

It is ur choice if you can handle nigerian police. Good.
Re: Grill Guard by lucabrasi(m): 12:50am On Apr 29, 2008
i v posted on the other thread and nobody s answered me, pls i use a rav 4 2001 model in uk and im tryn to decide if i should ship it to nigeria and change the steering wheel or its not worth it,please what dyu think, im planning to use it for the 3 /4 weeks ill be in nigeria and then put it up for sale after a while what dyu guys think the mileage is around 114-115,000 at the moment and i need to make a decision because my insurance will expire next month
Re: Grill Guard by egbon(m): 1:35am On Apr 29, 2008
@ waoosa

thanks for your input.

@lubracasi

It is not worth the hassle and capital. It may be best to sell in loot newspaper or take it to an auction. Best of luck!
Re: Grill Guard by earthrealm(m): 5:00am On Apr 29, 2008
@lucabrasi, dont bother shipping it unless u hv a very firm order 4rm someone over here,

since its uk, one wud need to convert 4rm rhd to lhd,

n i tell u, many who hv walked down that path b4, wudnt want 2 do it again, [put simply, the conversions just dont work, unless they r done by the manufactures them selves, ]

too bad about that the rav 4 2001 to 2005 model is pretty good,
u wud hv sold it off asap in naija
anyways goodluck
Re: Grill Guard by lucabrasi(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
@earthrealm,egbon
thanks for your advice gys,its just that cars lose more second hand value here than in nigeria as u know and the crv i sent to nigeria and changed the hand in 2006 sold well but i want sure of the rav(though i changed the hand at the honda shop at adeniyi jones and i was given a guarantee)

(1) (Reply)

2007 Honda Cr-v: Too Good & True / 2002 Toyota Camry @ N1.65m / I Need A 4wd, Double Cabin Pick-up Truck And A Cabstar Or Dyna Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.