Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. (600 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. by ITbomb(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2013
Worded Prayers and Speaking in Tongues.
Philippians 4:6 says , ' In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God'.
This is the way I was taught to pray. Thanksgiving first then I make my request known 'with sound mind and sober spirit' 1 Peter 4:7.
However in a situation where people say they are doing a prayer meeting and spend the whole time babbling sounds they don't understand in the name of speaking in tongues , I think is a pure waste of the entire praying session .
I do speak in tongues , mind you , but that is after making my heartfelt thanksgiving to my Father in a language I understand.
Going by a video showing a 4 year old speaking gibberish in the name of prayer , I am predicting that by the end of 2020 , many people will gradually forget what it meant to pray to God.
Is this a grand plot to make people forget how to pray with thanksgiving?
Re: Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. by ITbomb(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2013
No response?
Re: Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. by mollie12: 6:01pm On May 26, 2013
How do u expect any when this post is all about what 'I' think - your opinion alone, without any real recourse to what the word of God says on the matter?

However you want to pray - with tongues or without- is your business. Nobody has a right to take issue with you on it. And you should accord others that benefit too. That people are praying in tongues does not mean they are not thanking God.
Re: Worded Prayers And Speaking In Tongues. by mcfynest(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2013
my dear u av said it all... d speakin in tongues u guys clsim to do is speaking gibberish....my god is not a god of confusion.pls read 1corinth chap 14 wif no biaz mindset

(1) (Reply)

Signs Are Limited / 'Law And Grace' - By Rev Charles Spurgeon / Pilgrims May Spread Deadly Disease To Nigeria, Other Countries, Experts Warn WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.