Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,120 members, 7,949,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (649816 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Sakie: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wow!wow!wow!neva droped any comment bt i ve 2 nw.is jxt 2 difficult 2 believe ds storry s cumin frm ur brain.*in olamide's voice*dat ur small head carry load o.lol.luv ur stori xo much muah.u gat me picturing my self as kite *d positive side of kite o*tanx 4 dat beautiful piece.mur ororo 2 ur palm.

Back 2 dose bad belles dem dnt rili knw wats up wt we Nigerians. instead of encouraging our fellow country pipu,we choose 2 vex dem.is nt fair o.Baba God d c una sha.Aunty Repo nor mynd dem.u pass dem .i dnt rily knw if its envy or which beta name i fit give am cef(lemme consult my brıtish vs chicago dictionary)
u rıli nid d break its nt as easy as sum pesns fink it is.2much craking of brain myt lead 2 u knw......GOD BLESS U JAWE.muah once again.make una no tink bad tn o.

4 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
After listerning to some complaints. I think i have seen my error.

I dont regret what i said earlier except that i never included appriciation for the work so far.

For this i apologize repogirl.

Your story is very intresting and i enjoy it. Keep it up.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by losprince(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
chinedumo: After listerning to some complaints. I think i have seen my error.

I dont regret what i said earlier except that i never included appriciation for the work so far.

For this i apologize repogirl.

Your story is very intresting and i enjoy it. Keep it up.

you would better be! no offense intended.
*walks out of thread, heading to taking chances by princessa*
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by kaboninc(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
princesa:

@Brand of Cain and broken vows are completed that's why they drove home their point and message. Give us time to complete ours and maybe we will make clear the message we are trying to pass. Its a whole new ball game.

Exactly my point! Take all the time you need. Whenever you're thru, you can let me read it. I've been following your story but never commented. I just don't like commenting until after completion. infact, repo's story, I had a dream about it to tell you how personal I took her story and fantasied about yours. But only when the fire was still raging and that was in the first 8 chapters.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Queenxstar(f): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
This's a wonderful story. I'm grateful 4 d lessons u've helped me learn.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ sakie, thanks dear, I appreciate it.

@ chinedumo, its okay, I wasn't even offended by you, my problem is being told my story is being watered down and is loosing taste. No wahala sha I know this. Break is a good idea.

Been writing today and as I have no deadline to meet it seems to be flowing a lot better.

I am cosidering posting on the blog though, at my own pace, anyone who's got a problem with that should fly through the roof for all I care but I'm definitely not posting on NL TILL I'm done.

@iosprince, I'll join you at Princessa's soon.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Watered down?
Loosing taste?

I dont get it.
How?
Why?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
That's what 'some' people are insinuating. Read the comments above.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Harmvirus(f): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is coool!!! Repogirl u are goood!!! Buh repogirl plSsssssss complete the story ooo.. I can't wait.'
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by captainnigeria(m): 1:01am On Jul 14, 2013
I've got to say,when i started reading d story i kept thinking 'bout it throughout d whole day.now it just lost dat appeal.the break is a good idea even though i know i'm one of those that pressure u.take as much time as u need
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by luvmijeje(f): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2013
Wow! Wow! Wow! Do you know what annoy me most with the way you people critique is your lack of specification.

@Captainnigeria how was chp 1-8 different from other chapters. Pls be specific.

@Chinedumo Ise not going all the way maybe rare but it does happen. This is are guyz that doesn't equate sex for love. I can testify to it.

@Repo, u fall my hand. You are suppose to face your critics one on one, not that you will punish we that are enjoying wed and sun updates. It's unfair o.

It's now time for ass licking, anybody that feel like collapsing, should collapse at this junction. Repo, this story always remind me why I am a sucker for romance story. It gives me joy. It make me smile. It brings hope.

That part where kite ask Ise when did he start having feelings for her. Hmmm Repo that question is mostly asked at the end of m&bs and harlequins. You now ask in middle of your story. Is that not creativity? As I was reading I didn't feel like there was a missing scene. An unedited work is like this! Pls madam do take a bow.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2013
Still waiting angry shocked shocked
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by luvmijeje(f): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2013
The only part that I find somehow is kite not going to see her mum despite the reason you gave.
By the way, Repo I admire your knowledge of latest trend. How do you get to know all these?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
luvmijeje: The only part that I find somehow is kite not going to see her mum despite the reason you gave.
By the way, Repo I admire your knowledge of latest trend. How do you get to know all these?

Hi LVMJJ, good to see you after a while. Na wa o, the way some peeps are saying the story is not interesting anymore is what made me decide to back off for a while.

Truth be told, me sef dey enjoy the break, I have a newly completed chapter sef which will be on the blog later tOday, interested parties should please find their way there.

I don't have any particular day I'll update there, just whenever I'm done with a chapter.

Thanks for your glOwing review o, I don bow tire. As for knowing trends, its thanks to abuja, where I see enuf orisirisi plus google.

Thanks dearie, your comment just boosted my confidence.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by luvmijeje(f): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
Repo, makawhy just becos that. What happen when you become an international writer? That means you would give up on writing after seeing people badmouthing your work on newspapers, blogs and tv.

I know you are a tough lady, pls don't let some people run you out of here. Leave here at your own terms not theirs.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hmmmm, my own terms abi? Thinking up sumthing.... Will get back to you later, lemme think well about my terms.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Emeraldz(f): 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Na wa oh! Aunt repo, its a lovely book. Dont mind them oh. Its your story, and you can twist it the way you wish. Take all the time you need. As for moi, i'm strolling to da blog.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by LBlessing(f): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
Still no update sad
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Okay, I've thought about it and I'm on the fence, LVMJJ was like I'm purnishing the people enjoying the story because of comments from a few others.

I'm done with going back and forth.

Here's my decision, I will post here, but I won't listen to update hassles, I will take my time, if you don't like it, sorry but that's what its going to be.
REEPO has spoken grin

The next update should be here by 7.30 p.m tonight.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Izuone: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
^ And What are you feeling like.

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Simply because i asked after the sex

females are now imposing sexual obsession on me

for the umpt time sex is not a must.

Luvmejeje u are not suppose to like the person of kite.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
Izuone: ^ And What are you feeling like.

See this one o, I know you are looking for my mouth. You can't see me this evening.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by luvmijeje(f): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Go Repo! Go Repo! Go Repo! Eeehn that is my Reposwagaliwrito.

@Chinedimo I just
can't pinpoint why I love her character. Maybe becos she came from d street. Maybe becos of her no-nonsense attitude. Maybe becos she is not perfect.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Princess was fuming, this was the height! That tramp had definitely gone way too far this time! It was time to end this once and for all, how could Ise be this stupid anyway? Moving around with a girl like that who had no class, no upbringing or manners, just a pretty face. She’d heard from Kenny that they were actually co habiting with each other, wasn’t that too soon? What was it with men these days? They saw a pretty girl and the next thing they lost all sense of reasoning?

Did he know who she really was? Where she’d come from? To Princess, the girl had gold digger written all over her, how could he be so blind?

Well she would help Ise regain his reasoning, but how? She and Kenny hadn’t come up with anything tangible that would get her thrown out immediately, and Princess knew she needed a hat trick, something to tip the scales in her favour very fast and quickly.

Her intercom began to buzz and she stared at it, irritated like the device was the cause of all her troubles. Glancing at the caller screen, she saw it was the reception on the ground floor.

“Yeah?” She asked into the receiver.

“There’s a visitor here who’s requesting to know the whereabouts of Miss Omoh, I told him she’s accompanied the boss on a trip but he wants more detailed info. What do you suggest?”

“Who’s he to her?” She asked.

“Ummm, Let me ask” There was a short pause as Tess
consulted with the person “ fiancé, that’s what he says.”

Princess literally felt her jaw drop. “What?”

“I said….” Tessy was about repeating herself.

“I know what you said,” she cut her off “Just send him up to me.” Wow, now this was what she needed, she smiled to herself, an ace up her sleeve finally. So the tramp even had a fiancé? Wow this was juicier than she’d ever expected.

Izu stormed into his apartment, fuming, that ex-girlfriend of his didn’t waste time at all, she was already getting really nice and cozy with the billionaire. He felt like the jealousy and anger was going to rip him into shreds. He’d been appalled to have learnt that she’d accompanied him out of the country and without informing him too, he’d been calling her line for two days now without a response from her and had ended up making enquiries after her at the office. He’d finally met with the irritating Princess, who had filled him with everything, telling him nasty stuff about Kite which he obviously knew were lies. He’d listened like he’d believed it all and had told her a few lies of his own.

That ever since Kite had gotten this job, she’d begun acting funny and had moved out of their house together. He’d so perfectly played the part of a lover who’d been jilted for someone else, and knew that Princess wouldn’t wait to use this new found weapon against Kite. The lady was so petty, he placed her to be in her early thirties. Her hatred for Kite would be her undoing, he was quite sure about that.

After the brief meeting he’d found a renewed anger against Kite, he wasn’t sure if he was angrier that she’d travelled with her boss or that she hadn’t called him, was she taking his threats as a joke? She probably was. Well he would show her that she wouldn’t mess with him and go scot free. The thing with Princess would be nothing compared to what he’d do to her, when she got back.

“Hey Babe,” Brenda came into the sitting room with a
towel around her body, obviously just coming out of the bathroom. Her body still glistened with little specs of water and he felt himself go hard as the thought that she was naked save that little towel that could be pulled off with a simple tug.

The girl had a huge three bedroom duplex to herself but she preferred staying at his apartment. He wasn’t bothered, she did indeed take good care of him. Love was a funny thing, such a wonderful feeling but when abused could fuel some dark emotions. He’d loved Kite to the death, they’d both loved each other but wrong doing on his part had sent them into this mess they all were in. He knew he’d been at serious fault cheating on Kite with Brenda but that didn’t mean Kite should have slept with her boss instantly. The whole shit was just ‘Cray’.

“Hey.” He replied her dropping on to the sofa.

“You don’t look too good, what’s the problem, babe?” She asked him coming closer.

“It’s Kite, she travelled out of the country with her boss two days back, without informing me. Could you imagine her audacity? I’m just so angry right now.” He said fuming.

Brenda frowned, unconsciously tucking in the towel some more “ So… are you angry she left with her boss or because you weren’t informed?”

That was the same thing he’d been asking himself but he said this for Brenda’s benefit “ What do you think? She left without informing me, she’s obviously taking my threat for granted.” He said heatedly, he would just have to show her that he wasn’t bluffing; she would really regret this action of hers.

“Baby,” Brenda approached him “You really need to relax and that’s something you know I’m really great at.” She knelt in front of him and began undoing his shirt buttons. Izu didn’t stop her but instead smiled slyly.
“but you just had your bath,” he said.

“I’ll just have to have it all over again and perhaps this time, you could join me?” She asked going for his belt buckle now and some seconds later he was enveloped in the warmth of her mouth.

Laying back on the sofa, he let her perform her ministrations on him, putting Kite out of his mind, he would deal with her later.

Ise felt Kite snuggle closer into him in the back seat of the car as Sal drove them home, It was about six thirty a.m and they’d just landed. She was so tired, Beijing had been too much fun, so much to do in so little time coupled with the long flights and since this was the first time she was crossing so many time zones, the jetlag had gotten to her. He’d adjusted more easily to the jetlag since he was used to travelling but for Kite, all she’d done was sleep all through the sixteen hour flight back and was still asleep.

He smiled as he recalled all they’d been up to, she’d had the time of her life seeing things through virgin eyes. She’d never for once masked her awe at the sights, she’d been like a kid taken to Disneyland for the first time, all opened eyed and mouthed. He’d lost count of the number of times she’d said ‘wow’ and she’d taken so many pictures and videos, his sixteen gig memory card hadn’t even been enough. He could swear she took at least five shots of anything she found
interesting which was almost everything. Right from the airport, she’d dug out his camera and began snapping away. She’d given tourist a new meaning.

Beijing was indeed a wonderfully crafted city with a lot of tourist sites, they’d only been to few as they’d been time strapped. After conducting his business and main reason for taking the trip visiting the factory and warehouse where most of the company’s production and manufacturing was done, he’d taken Kite out on the town. On the first day, they’d managed to tour through the Forbidden City, the Schichahai lakes, Tiananmen Square and the Tower of Heaven and of course the great wall but the highlight of the day had been in the evening, when he’d gotten Kite to eat the famed ‘Da Dong’ restaurant’s roast duck.

At first she’d been sceptical as she’d never had duck
before, but he’d convinced her that it was way better than chicken, really crispy and she would love it with the pancakes that went along with it. She’d accused him of being a foodie who would eat anything but had finally decided to have a tiny taste and had been convinced, she’d eaten over half of the duck after that and then had begun complaining of a full stomach, of which he’d prescribed more walking to. They’d gone on to watch the Beijing Opera, before visiting the Stadium designed as a bird’s nest and then the National aquatics centre which was designed as a blue water cube, it had been an awesome sight to behold at night. He doubted Kite would ever be the same after all she’d seen.

The next day had been spent in the massive Oriental Plaza which housed the Grand Hyatt hotel they’d stayed in along with malls, boutiques, restaurants and even offices and serviced apartments. He’d made spa reservations the day before for the both of them knowing they would need the pampering especially after all that walk around the city the day before. Kite had dozed off for a while after her massage and if he’d let her, she would have slept there the entire day and their flight was for two p.m. So he’d roused her awake and taken her shopping at some of the boutiques in the plaza, she’d been reluctant to have stuff bought for her but he always engaged a sales clerk who saved him the trouble of cajoling her to try some stuff on and guessing they had the money to burn, would bring out things she knew would look good on Kite and by the look he saw on her face she’d been very much interested but too proud to take them.

He would threaten to pay for it all and that was when she would begin trying them on and picking what she liked best. They’d visited some high end retailers both local and international like Burberry, Coach and Chloe. She’d dragged him into the Guy Laroche store and had picked some shirts she thought would look good on him since he was hopeless at shopping for himself. They’d barely had enough time left for lunch at a restaurant in the Sky avenue section while enjoying the Panoramic view of the plaza, before taking the limo back to the airport to take the jet back home.

She stirred again and seemed to begin humming to something, he listened closely and it sounded close to Ciara’s ‘Body Party’ which was the song she’d been listening to repeatedly on her head phones on the plane. He’d not understood how one could listen to one song on repeat, over and over again, didn’t you get tired of it? Now the song was so ingrained in her head that she was singing it in her sleep.

“the things I wanna do to you….ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, My body's calling you….. ooh ooh ooh ooh” She was saying lowly and he smiled as his eyes met with Sal’s on the rear mirror, she would be so embarrassed if she knew what she was doing.

Just before the flight had taken off she’d placed a call to her brother and had found out her mother’s surgery had gone fine, she was in a stable condition and was recuperating. She’d breathed a visible sigh of relief and had been relaxed. Even if she didn’t say it, he sensed that she wanted to see her mother, he would have to persuade her to take a short leave of absence from work and assure her it was really okay.

He watched her as she slept so peacefully, why did she affect him this way? Aside from her dazzling physical beauty, he was drawn to her as a person, she had a beautiful mind, was really intelligent and wasn’t pretentious about anything. She was so real but he’d noticed a hitch, she never seemed able to hold his eyes most of the time, she always chose to look away. At first he’d attributed it to shyness but now he wasn’t so sure anymore, he didn’t want to begin thinking she was keeping some things from him, he wanted to trust her completely. He remembered the work that had gone into getting her to agree to dating him, he’d practically had to beg her and he’d assumed he’d finally gotten through to her but could all this be an act? If it was an act, what was she intending to gain from it? It couldn’t be material things, he practically had to beg or threaten her to accept whatever he bought for her so it couldn’t be that.

Shaking himself he decided to put those thoughts from his mind, doubt was one of the little foxes that brought down a relationship. He decided that until he had a better cause to become suspicious, he wouldn’t bother himself with negative thoughts.

Her phone began buzzing in her hand bag, the damn thing had such an annoying ringtone and on vibrate it even buzzed more annoyingly. It woke her up, she looked at him disoriented “Whats that?”

“Your phone.” He told her.

“Oh.” She went for it in her hand bag, still slow and groggy, he felt quite sorry for her. The melanin pill she’d taken prior to take off to help reduce the effects of the jetlag hadn’t seemed to help her much.
She finally got the phone but the call had gone off, just as she was about keeping the phone back, the call came in again. She glanced at the screen, hissed and switched it off, throwing it back into the handbag.
He guessed he had an idea who it could be but why in the world would her ex boyfriend be calling at barely Seven a.m in themorning? He didn’t bother asking her who the caller had been, instead he let her snuggle into him again as she resumed the humming. “Boy you should know that your love, is always on my mind, I'm not gonna fight it, I want it all the time…..”

9 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Kite checked herself out in the floor length mirror in Ise’s walk in closet and nodded, she did look good, no, she looked hot! Sampling some of the outfits she’d bought from her trip, she looked so fashion forward in the black ‘Chloe’ P-leather leggings and black sequined tank that hugged her curves, the outfit showed off her curves so beautifully. She was sure heads would turn at the sight of her, which was exactly what she was going for. This would be the first time she would be meeting Ise and Jeje’s friends and she knew she had to look the part. The trip and shopping for high end over priced top brand outfits had come just in time, she’d had some interesting and nice clothes before but she knew these rich kids could smell designer brands a kilometre away.

She’d been awed every time they had stepped into a shop, the size of it, the clothes and then of course the price tags. After a while of reluctance at taking the things Ise had been purchasing for her, she’d finally given in and gone with the flow knowing there was nothing she could do about it. He was hell bent on shopping for her, so she’d let him and had also dragged him into some stores for men and forced him to do a little shopping for him self.

All in all, the trip had been wonderful, it had been an awesome experience, one she knew she might never even forget for the rest of her life, she was indeed happy that she’d agreed to go with Ise. She wished she could share the experience with her friends Lucky and Diamond but they were still on wrong terms.

She knew all she had to do was make a call to either one of them and the rift would have ended but she would then need to explain that she was living with Ise and she had a strong idea how they would take it. They would definitely not approve her staying with him especially Lucky who never hid her opinion, she would instead ask her to move back in with them and that wouldn’t go well with the plans she had. She didn’t want another argument to ensue between them so it was better to hold off on making up till she could finish this thing with Izu.

Putting finishing touches to her make up, she stared at the finished look on her face and decided she would seriously stun at the party, no trace of the jetlag she was going through, showed. Maybe it was the pill she’d taken or maybe she was well rested but she was indeed feeling way better now.

Ise had let her sleep undisturbed until about four p.m when Jeje had come running into the house screaming and elated at the car her parents had gotten her, it was a custom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography which Kite had not yet seen but she’d heard everything about it from Jeje while she’d been groggy with sleep. Jeje had been dragging her to go take a look at it when Ise had intervened telling her kite was tired and barely awake but she would see it later at the party and Jeje had reluctantly let her go while Kite had smiled her gratitude to him and decided to get up and begin preparing for the party that evening at the Dome.

They’d actually rented the whole poolside for the party; Kite didn’t want to know how much had gone into making that happen on a Saturday. The way the Williams’s spent money was crazy. The room she and Ise had shared at the Grand Hyatt in Beijing had been something else entirely. State of the art décor didn’t even begin to qualify the room, just out of this world.

She doubted she could ever get used to this kind of luxurious lifestyle, it was just too much for her poor self to understand. Ise had practically dragged her into high end shops whose price tags had raised her eyebrows but he hadn’t even blinked, paying for everything she’d picked, Jewellery, high fashion clothes, shoes and perfumes. She wasn’t used to this level of pampering, Izu had gotten her the occasional gift once in a while and she had appreciated it whenever he did, but this was another thing entirely, she’d had to begin wondering if he was trying to buy her love, but somehow she knew the reply to her own question. He was definitely not buying her love but just showing her how he felt for her. It was the way he knew how, she guessed.

She had to admit she was now falling for him, not because he was overly generous, material things didn’t hold much for her but because he seemed to genuinely care for her. She knew she shouldn’t let this happen, she couldn’t fall for him and she’d been steeling herself, holding herself back but it was getting harder everyday. The guy was so into her, he never missed a chance to touch and hold her, kiss her or tell her she was the most beautiful person he’d ever known, how couldn’t she fall for him? She was afraid things could get really complicated really soon.

Suddenly she heard a heavy sound like a power bike’s engine, coming closer till it stopped downstairs, she walked out to the veranda adjoining the room to see a very impressive looking black power bike parked downstairs with its owner, Ise dressed to the hilt in biker outfit, coming off it.

“Hey Sexy!” She called down to him thinking he looked really good in the leather jacket and protective gear, he looked up smiling.

“You like?” He asked spreading his arms for her appreciation.

“Really hot!” she shouted back at him nodding.
He laughed “Thanks, so do you, are you done yet?”

“Yeah.” She replied, “I’ll be right down.”

“bring along a jacket because it will get chilly later at night.”

“Alright,” She said leaving his room and going down to hers, she heard her phone ringing and ran toward it, goodness only knew how long it had been ringing for.

“Hello?” She asked not bothering with the caller ID.

“Kite, I swear you’re trying my patience.” The voice on the other end shouted angrily.

“Izu,” she said, well, she should have known. She’d not picked any of his calls in the morning.

“You think I’m playing with you, right? You think I’m bluffing, isn’t it? You’re not taking my threat seriously, are you? If you were, you would never have left the country with your rich boyfriend without telling me. Now, if you don’t meet me out here in five minutes, I swear I’m going to him with what I have.”

Kite took in a deep breath, “Izu.” She started calmly,
“I cant meet with you now, Williams and I are going out.”

“ Tell that to the birds, I want you out here in five minutes.”

“Izu,” She couldn’t help but raise her own voice, why was he being so unreasonable? “Did you hear what I said?”

“Five minutes, Kite!” and the line went dead.

“Shit!” She spat.

“Hey, everything okay?” She turned around to see Ise in the doorway of her room.

“Yeah, how long have you been there?”

“I just came in. It was taking you quite a while getting your jacket.”

“Yeah, I’ll just get it now.” She said moving over to the ward robe, she remembered putting it up not too long ago. There was still loads of unpacking to do in the room, the new things she’d bought were now added to her previous stuff and the room was now even more cluttered. She made a mental note to get through with it compulsorily the following day. She found the jacket and turned to see Ise watching her in a strange way.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing.” He replied handing her a helmet “Let’s leave.”

She followed behind him, not liking the look she’d seen, she began wondering just how long he’d been standing in the doorway to the room and how much he’d heard her say over the phone.

Izu shook his head as he saw the two love birds zoom off on the power bike that came out of the heavily fortified gates. He felt his heart cringe painfully, Kite seemed to be enjoying herself with this guy, he hoped she didn’t get too comfortable with him. He knew what she had with him would never last, since it was based on lies, secrets and blackmail. She was only with him because he’d pushed her to him in order to get the money he needed to get Brenda off his back, he hoped she remembered that.

Afraid that she was enjoying this new lifestyle too much and was beginning to think he’d only been bluffing, he planned to do something now that would get her to think again and realise just how serious he was about this thing. It was already Saturday, he wondered how she’d make up ten million by Monday.

He had changed his mind on accepting money from her, he didn’t like the trail it always left. He’d come up with something better after taking one look at the Range Rover that had left the compound earlier being driven by a young lady whom he knew to be the rich guys sister.

When he was done here, he was going to join the party people at the dome where it was being held, that info had come from the jealous P.A, when she’d told him they would be back in time for it. So he would get to the party and let Kite know about the change of plans. He smiled as he thought about it, he already knew what she would think about his idea but he didn’t care. She had no choice in the matter, as far as he was concerned it was already a done deal, he knew what he wanted and she was going to get it for him.

He was really enjoying being such a thorn in Kite’s butt, he would do everything he could to make her regret jumping into the guy’s bed.

Getting out of the car, he picked the envelope in the back seat and made his way to the gates of the rich boy’s estate.

4 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by yindamola: 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thank you sooo much Repo for the much awaited update kiss...I sooo don't like this izu guy and princess..wat a wicked combo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Rajosh(m): 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks repo for the update. I'm lookinp foward to more. More power to your elbow. Meanwhile,let me check what princesa has for me 'Taking chances'. Ciao
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by konklushun(f): 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tanx aunty repo for posting dis hia. I was nt too happy wen u earlier said ur postings wld only be on ur blog for d now. Tnx 2 luvmijeje for spurring on aunty repo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Luckygurl(f): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Each update increases d suspence. Repo tnxs 4 d update, this izu is biting more than he can chew but lets wait and see how it all ends. U're a darling. My regards to d little one of d house.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by ninja4life(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Enjoying d story,kudos to repogirl more ink to ur pen
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by teewai3(m): 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
wow!!! aunty p, u re d best.tnx for this chapter bt cnt wait for d next. keep it up!!!! luv u
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by losprince(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Izu + Princess teaming up would make things interesting! Moreover kite now has to stones to dodge.
As for izu, he better coke his plan well and don't trust that brenda chick, she might turn oliver twist in the future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.