Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,285 members, 7,947,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

Please Can Any One In The House Help Me Here ! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Can Any One In The House Help Me Here ! (733 Views)

Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This / My Data Is Flying Out, Guru In The House Help Me / Please House Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Any One In The House Help Me Here ! by ahmadgulam(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2008
my compaq dekspro is prompt to me when ever i put it on" 510 splash screen currupt run ROMpaq to restore the defult object"
Re: Please Can Any One In The House Help Me Here ! by Maleeq(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2008
It seems you got your BIOS corrupt somehow(power surge maybe. . .)
The best way out of this is to "Flash" your BIOS with the latest version from the manufacturer. I have seen this same error in the past and here's what I did:

1. Get the name, model and current BIOS version of your PC. To do this:
- Go to START -> run
- Type dxdiag and hit the enter [/b]key
- A dialog box would pop up asking if you want to check for signed drivers at Microsoft's quality laboratory, just click on [b]"NO"

- On the next dialog that shows up, select the "System" tab. (see attached image dxdiag2)
- You should see the system model and BIOS version. Make a note of the BIOS version. If the BIOS version reads "Default System BIOS", then you need only the model number.

2. Go to HP Support Site and enter the model number of your PC.
3. On the site, click on "Download drivers and software" and then, "BIOS"
4. Download the "System BIOS" and any other updates you find on the site.
5. Follow the instructions in the "readme" file for the installation. This should be automatically opened once you run the executable file you downloaded.
6. If all goes well, your system should be corrected without any issues.

CAUTION:
This procedure flashes the BIOS ROM, so please make sure you double check the System and BIOS version you searched for on the HP site. Flashing with the wrong BIOS file will crash the system for good.

(1) (Reply)

Please,i Need Your Help / Installation Problem / Read Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.