Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,883 members, 7,949,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt (28128 Views)

Atm Suspension Is Suicidal, Another Apc Policy Summersault / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan / Okorocha - My Suspension By APGA Is Irrelevant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Miliky231(m): 6:28am On May 28, 2013
Mr.Arrogant,do what is right and things will go well for you.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by anonymous87: 6:31am On May 28, 2013
colombiana: SNITCH!!!!!

hip hop head..... lol
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by eldagaius(m): 6:31am On May 28, 2013
Gov. Amaechi was voted to see to the affairs of Rivers State. Let him please concentrate on his state. Let him stop wasting Rivers resources over selfish ambitions. If Nigerians need him to be president, let him contest at the appropriate time. For the time being, pls allow Mr. President to concentrate. Else, u will be bulldozed out of the way. This is just the beginning. If a Commissioner in Rivers is doing same thing as u do to GEJ, what will you do Oga Amaechi?

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by anonymous87: 6:32am On May 28, 2013
[quote author=Miliky231]Mr.Arrogant,do what is right and things will go well for you.[/quote

Broda , what is right? at least he is no coward ( thats honourable to me)

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by phildon: 6:36am On May 28, 2013
bad meat: We are the Rivers people who voted him,He is taking this too far!His arrogance is getting to our nerves,
For this comment and similar ones, are you not tired of the reign of impunity in the land? When will we encourage the sanctity of the RULE OF LAW? Warning: If this is happening to a sitting governor and all we could do is to utter those types of comments, wallahi we'll envy the military government.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by phildon: 6:43am On May 28, 2013
Miliky231: Mr.Arrogant,do what is right and things will go well for you.
Pls can you state just one arrogant thing he did? If you are helping the president to jettison the rule of law because of Amaechi, you'll be crushed for demanding for your right from the person you defied the scrotching sun to queue and vote. What a democracy.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by gratiaeo(m): 7:36am On May 28, 2013
Mr Amaechi pls don't try to deceive us
The crisis rocking the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) deepened yesterday with opposition governors and anti-Amaechi group sticking to their positions 48 hours after a controversial election that split the 36 governors’ camp.
Relying on the NGF’s constitution, Anambra State Governor Peter Obi said it does not make room for re-election of a sitting chairman.
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi was re-elected NGF chairman by 19 governors in theelection that was held in Abuja last Friday. Plateau State Governor JonahJang is recognized by 16 governors as the new boss of the influential body. The anti-Amaechi governors claimed there was no election but the NGF’s Director-General, Mr. Ashishama Okauru, disagreed, saying Amaechi won the election even as Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi was sad over the controversy trailing an exercise which he described as free and fair.
Reacting to the development, Governor Peter Obi said that the re-election of a sitting chairman has no place in the NGF’s constitution. A chairman, he noted, could only serve a single, non-renewable term.
Speaking to Daily Sun in Abuja yesterday, Gov. Obi said the NGF which was modeled after American Governors’ Forum constitution, prescribes only a single two-year term for a sitting chairman with no proviso for re-election.
Gov. Obi revealed that the amended constitution which Gov. Amaechi relied on to run in the controversial election was not only doctored, but was never ratified by the larger bodyof governors.
He claimed that Amaechi’s re-election could not stand because he was not the consensus choice of the body.
“Four out of the five governors in the South-East said Gov. Jang is their choice; five out of the six governors in the South-South recognise Jang as their chairman; in the North, it is the same thing, so what are we talking about? This is a body of equal partners, a voluntary group, and there has never been a time we had election. It had always been by consensus. They doctored the constitution which was never even ratified.”
Excerpts :
What is your view on the contentious NGF election?
First, let me say that in the history of our forum, we have never had chairmanship election . In Ilorin, we were about seven governors, later on Oshiomhole came by the time Amaechi was selected..
Was he elected or selected, was it done through consensus?
Let me tell you what happened , we just arrived there and they said that we need to have a new leadership . Everybody was like, it was going to be me because I was the vice based on the constitution. The then governor of Bayelsa State, Sylva said Amaechi , then the PDP governors said Amaechi. Nothing else, nobody said; raise your hand . It was just like that . It has always been through consensus, when we agree we agree. Initially what worked against me was that they argued that I’m a non – Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor. In fact, I have letters , documents to back what I am saying .
You are perceived as a man of integrity. What exactly happened?
For you to understand, let me continue with what happened in Ilorin. they said that it should not be me because am not from PDP, it was actually zoned
to the South-East . Let me tell you the background so that you will understand this very well. When we were having a little bit of problem with Saraki and governors wanted to remove him, we decided that we must formalize everything concerning the forum . We went and borrowed the American Governors’ Forum constitution which says that there would be a chairman and vice chairman . After two years, the chairman leaves and the vice takes over, a new vice is appointed. That is the American constitution and that was what we adopted. Based on this, on the day we agreed to this, I was elected the vice chairman under Saraki. That was in 2009. It was by consensus, the governors said let Peter Obi be the vice Chairman. That was how I became the vice chairman.
How come there is a problem of re-election?
It is not supposed to be. That document is doctored. What we adopted has no provision for re-election . The American Governors’ Forum constitution says after two years, the vice will automatically take over. So, there is no issue of reelection . This like an NGO of equal partners.
After I served for two years, when it was 2011 they brought the issue of PDP being the majority party. I was the only APGA governor then. They zoned it to the South-East, the then four PDP governors in the south east signed and said they wanted me. At that stage, they decided to look for another zone. That was how Amaechicame into being.
But we understand that a section on non-re-election was amended at the Corporate Affairs Commission?
Let me tell you, all those things were not approved by anybody . They doctored it. I am one man who attends every meeting, I can’t remember ever sitting down and adopting the constitution you are talking about.
Was there truly an election, what happened?
As far as I am concerned, in Kwara , aparticular governor said they should not conduct election in Kwara because we do not have a quorum . He was told that a quorum is 12 . Andeven in this constitution, they are quoting now, our quorum remains 12. If the quorum is 12 and 12 don’t want you, that means you should even not contest.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by gratiaeo(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2013
And the 18 are saying, you don’t recognize him?
If the quorum says it is 12 and 12 do not want you , the game should be up, I don’t see anything anybody will stay a day longer for.
As we speak to you now, who is the chairman of NGF?
For me, for our zone, our support goes to Jang. Let me tell you my stand on this, I support Jang based on consensus and based on the agreement of my zone.
Do you feel bad that Amaechi is insisting on re-election when he knows how he himself emerged?
The way I see it is that it is a voluntary organisation which nobodyshould insist on being the chairman . If the quorum is 12 and 12 people have said no, it should end there.
Meanwhile, Governor Fayemi has described Amaechi’s re-election as victory for democracy, saying that the decision of the forum to opt for election instead of consensus was as a result of democratic growth.
Fayemi, who spoke with journalists at his Ishan-Ekiti country home at the weekend, however urged Nigerians to see the emergence of Amaechi as strictly a demonstration of his colleagues’ confidence in his leadership of the Forum and not a victory over the Presidency.
Fayemi said: “It is a contest among governors for the chairmanship position and it would be wrong for anyone to consider it a contest between President Goodluck Jonathan and Amaechi as the President was not a contestant.”
Fayemi described as “sad” comments by the anti-Amaechi governors that the NGF election was rigged. According to him, it is sad and soilingthe integrity of anyone who holds such a belief. He added that the election which was recorded on tape was one of the most credible he had witnessed.
In a related development, Jang has pledged to unite the governors’ forum.
The governor who stated this yesterday at the Yakubu Gowon Airport in Jos shortly after his arrival from Abuja where he emerged as theChairman of the NGF, said he never bargained for the position, but out of God’s work he emerged.
He pledged to give the forum the best, stressing that the NGF should not divide the Governors Forum. Meanwhile, Plateau citizens came outen-masse to celebrate his emergence with many saying they were caught unawares as they never expected it.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by obinnprin: 7:55am On May 28, 2013
Its getting intresting by the day. God save Nigeria!
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by fortunejum: 7:58am On May 28, 2013
He bite his finger and that is why he is having all the pains.The governor needs to appease the gods (elders) for him to be free. In Nigeria of today, Politial power is in the hands of the elders but not the court.He should be advised.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Adacollins(f): 8:01am On May 28, 2013
mikeansy:

Let me guess what ur whistling?

*Makojo Anyi ga ebi*
. Na ebezina jare
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by inene: 8:08am On May 28, 2013
I agree with the Governor that his suspension was politically motivated. I will advise him not to fall into leaving the party now, that is what they expect him to do so that they can chase him out of government house and then try him for all manner of offences and it will be from the brick house to prison. Jonathan is behaving like am Emperor a nd has forgotten how he became President. My people normally say that after the race we count the miles and so it shall be for Amaechi.
An election was conducted and Amaechi won, so what is the crime in winning an election. Those asking that he apologise to Mr President misunderstand the situation, apologise for what. Left to him alone GEJ will not be this petty but he is allowing Madame Patience dictate to him and this is unfortunate. This hatred started when Mrs Jonathan visited Rivers state some time ago and lambasted the Governor in Public for destroying the water front which was in the interest of the state. Madame JOnathan didnt think so and all efforts to pacify her failed and ever since then all efforts have been made to put Amaechi 'where he belongs' but i say to the Jonathan's God is still on the throne.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by TechyGuy: 8:33am On May 28, 2013
From the support Ameachi got from opposition governors and the support he's getting from ACN/CPC supporters here on NL, one can conveniently say Ameachi is working for the opposition.
He should decamp already, is he expecting to fight his way to be accepted as PDP presidential candidate?
Oh! I remember, he is doing it for the north as his poster placed him as vp to a northern candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by PehaKaso: 9:06am On May 28, 2013
Amechi, u aint seen nothing yet. Fucking traitor.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by omomame: 9:29am On May 28, 2013
zolajpower: how is it politically motivated? if your hands are clean who will come after you

Politics no b lyk broda....... Either ur hands are clean or not, pursuing or not, you will be pursue
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by porka: 9:48am On May 28, 2013
pro01: This fool should stop ranting and DECAMP to APC already! If the PDP doesn't want you, what's the point of constituting yourself into a nuisance?

That would be foolish of him.

There's no party called APC yet.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 10:38am On May 28, 2013
PehaKaso: Amechi, u aint seen nothing yet. Fucking traitor.

Traitor? Who has Amaechi betrayed? Who is the traitor here? The man who promised one term and got the governors to work for him (including Amaechi) but has now changed his mind? Or is it Amaechi whom nobody has been able to articulate what he did wrong?

Do you think other governors are also happy with the Presidency - the way he's going about this and the volte face on the one term promise?

Why didn't you call the Northern Governors who backed Jonathan against other Northerners traitors?

Don't you suspect that Tukur - from the passion and energy he's dedicating to this - may surprisingly be working for the 'opposition'?

Do you think Amaechi is all alone in this?

Time will tell.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Amitex(m): 10:44am On May 28, 2013
Let the music play on!
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Amitex(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2013
porka:

That would be foolish of him.

There's no party called APC yet.

^^oo! oo! I thought they (Tinubu & Buhari) have liquidated their ACN & CPC corporations and merged to APC. Amaechi should be employed as their CEO. Unforunately, he may not end his current tenure unscarted. I see a drowning Amaechi. You do not challenge GEJ anyhow! The man is 'simple' in appearance and seems to be clueless. However, the forces behind him are enormous.

Amaechi should have learnt from the Ibori experience. Ibori's crime was that he challenged GEJ's swearing as president. And now Amaechi has also stepped into the same mess. I really pity his family!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by damoobaba: 10:52am On May 28, 2013
gbogboti: Well, I pity Ameachi sha. But Jona na bad guy Ooooo. "Quite people na dem dey dangerous pass Oooo". Jona looks dumb but dangerous. Ameachi, u self why u wan betray ur kinsman? Eh? That Yoruba trait wey u get don dey show Ooooo. A Yoruba man, no matter how intelligent, has traits of betrayal in his blood. I have been wondering about that your name "Rotimi" for a very long time now. All the South-West governors voted for you cos they know you have their traits. Only Mimiko(Ondo) voted in favour of "Jona". And only that same state is not an AC party. The reason is simple, Ondo is not too conc of a Yoruba state. The people are smarter than the rest. Hmm!
U still think with ur anus in this age and generation.you'll continiously have problems with making progress if u fail 2 make use uf ur brains.Its just a piece of advice.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Myself2(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2013
EEdiat,so your suspension of Obio Akpor local government exco,against the advice of your party's NEC is wizard hunt abi?

FULLish man
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Myself2(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2013
Decamp already Mr Amaechi
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by amaechijay: 12:02pm On May 28, 2013
you must be an idiot and a stupid rivers man at that, the rivers people are solidly behind GEJ only retars like you support Amaechi, When the gods want to destroy a man they first make him mad.
odiman:

You better short you month, whow are you to speak for Rivers People, I and the entire people of Rivers State are solidly behind him. I am an ogba man in Rivers State
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by amaechijay: 12:09pm On May 28, 2013
Amaechi did not win any election, Gov. Jang has 19 governors on his side, Amaechi conducted the elections in the rivers state govt house and made himself winner and quickly ran to press with the help of the yoruba people on his side to call himself winner, tinubu and buhari are just using him as a bait to destabilize GEJ'S govt, when they are through with him they will dump as a hot coal..He has grown to big but will end up like ibori in jail.
inene: I agree with the Governor that his suspension was politically motivated. I will advise him not to fall into leaving the party now, that is what they expect him to do so that they can chase him out of government house and then try him for all manner of offences and it will be from the brick house to prison. Jonathan is behaving like am Emperor a nd has forgotten how he became President. My people normally say that after the race we count the miles and so it shall be for Amaechi.
An election was conducted and Amaechi won, so what is the crime in winning an election. Those asking that he apologise to Mr President misunderstand the situation, apologise for what. Left to him alone GEJ will not be this petty but he is allowing Madame Patience dictate to him and this is unfortunate. This hatred started when Mrs Jonathan visited Rivers state some time ago and lambasted the Governor in Public for destroying the water front which was in the interest of the state. Madame JOnathan didnt think so and all efforts to pacify her failed and ever since then all efforts have been made to put Amaechi 'where he belongs' but i say to the Jonathan's God is still on the throne.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by pryd(m): 12:40pm On May 28, 2013
Well he who lives by the sword.......................
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by OdionOdion: 1:05pm On May 28, 2013
Mad Cow: We know Mr. Amaechi...

My advice is to go and apologise to Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-BvndFLtaH6M/UJDDHZ_NWQI/AAAAAAAAVnY/z9_iZml-GVU/s1600/godfather+kissing+the+ring.jpg[/img]
Amaechi is lucky that PDP is magnanimous to only witch hunting him,PDP should have DEVIL HUNTED him because Amaechi is a rebel and traitor
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by StOla: 2:12pm On May 28, 2013
apacheguy: Wt all these comments i'v read so far, i doubt it if Nigeria can b better, if all these comments is anything to go by it means we are doomed in this country called Nigeria...these are comments from the so called leaders of tomorrow, am highly disappointed in ds so called younger generation who lack balanced mental reasoning, so amaechi does not have the right to differ wt the president, he must always succumb to the presidents wish even if its detrimental, his only sin is he differs with d president wch u guys see as crime abi.......may God save us wen u guys get to positions of authority

Guy, you have said it all.

A people who do not understand what a democratic and federal nation ought to be, cannot be seen fighting from a position of principle.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by OneDemola: 9:43pm On May 28, 2013
I have to apologise before I start this post, because the comments I've read here have seriously left me bewildered.

I'm reading alot of "he is arrogant", "he may apologise to his superior", "he will fade into history"...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but are we but in a democratic dispensation? Someone please tell me the one thing (and lets be relative to some of the 'cancers' they call governors in this country)

I do not have any allegiances to Amaechi or any of these political parties, rather I stand for democracy and the rule of law.

What I read here truly gives me a clearer understanding that Nigerians deserve the leaders they have.

The people that are screaming for Amaechi's head, you would think that you are getting paid for this, but no, you are living in the squalor that is called Nigeria, not knowing that your principals are using your heads to eat billions of dollars of the nation's commonwealth.

If this is Nigeria's future, then I want no part of it.

You disgust me.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by OneDemola: 9:44pm On May 28, 2013
I have to apologise before I start this post, because the comments I've read here have seriously left me bewildered.

I'm reading alot of "he is arrogant", "he may apologise to his superior", "he will fade into history"...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but are we but in a democratic dispensation? Someone please tell me the one thing (and lets be relative to some of the 'cancers' they call governors in this country)

I do not have any allegiances to Amaechi or any of these political parties, rather I stand for democracy and the rule of law.

What I read here truly gives me a clearer understanding that Nigerians deserve the leaders they have.

The people that are screaming for Amaechi's head, you would think that you are getting paid for this, but no, you are living in the squalor that is called Nigeria, not knowing that your principals are using your heads to eat billions of dollars of the nation's commonwealth.

If this is Nigeria's future, then I want no part of it.

You disgust me.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by nascolilala: 10:49pm On May 28, 2013
This Amaechi should park well jhoor
Ff @nnannaez, will ff bak
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by jpphilips(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2013
imagine the Nincompoop,

first ,by 7am in the morning, im on the second hr of my shift for you guys to be taking ur bath at the time is disturbing

secondly, is it today Amaechi knows that the police has been abused?
when his family members are using police to $hit, did u complain?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2013
I just finished servin my Ban cos of pro-Gej keypad internet warriors & sharmans in dis thread (I nor even break rule 21 sef grin ), I'll leave Chukwu to judge d matta. Ameachi is Gej's beginning of madness, end of discussion, bye bye!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Rabiu Kwankwaso (Photo) / Certificate Forgery: Why We Prosecute Adeleke, Spare Adeosun – Police / FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.