Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,338 members, 7,881,246 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War (10997 Views)

4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack / 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by MalasparkBlog(m): 7:46am On May 28, 2013
Three persons have been shot dead in renewed supremacy battle between Degban and Dewell cult gangs in Omuawa community, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The supremacy clash which resumed Sunday night also resulted to the arrest of five suspected cultists by the Rivers State Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Jonah Nnnana, a resident who recounted the gun battle said: “Itwas bloody. The fight was started at about 6:30pm by members of Degban cult said to be avenging the death of their members killed in earlier battle with the Dewell cult in a neighbouring community not long ago.”
He said innocent residents caught in the fierce shooting also sustained various degrees of gunshots injury as most people deserted the village to neighbouring communities for safety.
Mr. Welendu Obilor, member of the local vigilance group in the area said people had to make distress calls to SARS whose swift response helped to calm the situations.

He said: “SARS intervention resulted in the arrest of five suspected cultists. We are calling on the police to concentrate investigation in the locality and see to the arrest of the kingpins to forestall further insecurity of lives and property of the innocent in our community.”

http://www.malaspark.com/2013/05/3-killed-in-renewed-ikwerre-cult-war.html?m=0
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by floridam(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2013
Which way Nigeria?
Oga Jona! this is another opportunity to show that you are superior to that boy called Amaechi by declaring 'state of emergency' in Rivers state and reduce his monthly allocation to 0.1%.
First to comment and dancing azonto.
Haters take this......

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by luvbeloved(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2013
In this jet age?....dem no get work naaa! Someone will blame it on the goverment now o!
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Brainformater: 8:51am On May 28, 2013
ikwerre and their cult wahala.....i remember the time of 'dey gbam' and 'dey well''......rivers and cultism sha
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by EMERITUS85(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2013
second to kpai
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Nobody: 8:52am On May 28, 2013
RELIGION OF PEACE AT WORK

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Lilimax(f): 8:52am On May 28, 2013
They've started again? Cult in P/H angry
Hope it is not politically motivated as Rivers state is tensed up politically angry
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Nobody: 8:53am On May 28, 2013
i see amaechis hand in this cult war...

2 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Fantacy1(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2013
War, killing, etc..evrywia in nigeria
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Bryancrox(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2013
Shi.t so cultism still exist in dis part of d world,How dey paying dem salary monthly?
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Cmoyor: 8:55am On May 28, 2013
Dis cultism sha
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Aphrygian(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2013
Toor,our security operatives should buckle up,or else they will be at the recieving end o.i cant blame amaechi cos he is nt controlling d police
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Nobody: 8:57am On May 28, 2013
Bia, Dis Degban and Dewell still dey exist? Choi
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Nobody: 8:59am On May 28, 2013
nna, i am among the top 10 to comment today. thats a progressive step up the lader of nairaland. chineke, thank you.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by collynzo2(m): 9:03am On May 28, 2013
luvbeloved: In this jet age?....dem no get work naaa! Someone will blame it on the goverment now o!
Government is responsible for the unemployment.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Lbrasi: 9:03am On May 28, 2013
kill don turn normal for Naija.Na wa o...
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by CrazyMan(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2013
Instead of them to look for ways by which they can be useful to themselves and their communities, they're joining cult groups. These cults have nothing meaningful to add to their lives...I just feel sorry for members their family as a result of the sorrow and pain they would go through whenever any of this misguided kids gets killed.

We blame our leaders for being clueless whereas the youths who are suppose to step into their shoes are much worse than they are...may God save this country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by MadCow1: 9:09am On May 28, 2013
LOL!!

Dey-Bam & Dey-Well have been terrorizing Rivers State since 1998 till date. grin
These boys were notorious at some point for robbing people of their phones. RSUST students even carried out a raid on them way back at UST back gate (Azikiwe Gate).
I lost some money and assesories to those hooligans back then. Now I hear that new groups have emerged as well.
This Dey-Bam boys and Dey-well Boys are the lowest breed of street urchins. You dont wanna cross their paths because their lives have no real value. If they die, even their parents wont cry for them. Dey-bam have over-run Diobu, D-line, The Rumus to Ogbunabali. Town is mostly Dey-well territory..

Anyways! I am way above their level of operation now. Even if their shit hits the fan, I'm too elevated for it to affect me.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by palugycolina(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2013
torhuke: i see amaechis hand in this cult war...

U don chop abi?
get some rest before commenting nonsense
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by 1shortblackboy: 9:09am On May 28, 2013
These niggaz will be at each others necks for ever. I remember my classmates joining these groups wen we were in ss1. Town and diobu were battle zones. God help u if u are from one territory and get caught in enemy territory
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by MadCow1: 9:10am On May 28, 2013
Brain formater: ikwerre and their cult wahala.....i remember the time of 'dey gbam' and 'dey well''......rivers and cultism sha

Na the same crew the news dey talk about. They just spelt it funny.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by dc555: 9:15am On May 28, 2013
Must be GEJ's fault
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by MadCow1: 9:19am On May 28, 2013
collynzo2: Government is responsible for the unemployment.

Those boys are uneducated and unemployable. They make up the bulk of the Militants that are recieving amnesty today. Go and check it, most of those militants from Rivers State on the Amnesty programme today were all Dey-Bam and Dey-Well boys.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Evestar200(f): 9:21am On May 28, 2013
Let the vigilante and community pple put law in their land,,dats what warri did to dose foolish cult boys,,Nw they hv park 4rm warri to udu to operate
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by xynerise: 9:25am On May 28, 2013
So those stupid cults still exist? grin.
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Symphony007: 9:29am On May 28, 2013
Thank you jonathan! Since odili left office, ameachi has eradicated rivers state of all this dogs. But as soon as his stupid witch hunt started, they have started to crawl out of their holes. They were the people paid to carry out that shabolic "ameachi must go protest" in port harcourt the other day.

Jonathan's goons were'nt even smart enough to hire a few educated onces to lead the pack. When they were approached by the press to say why aneachi must go, non could say anything or even speak english, they just kept shouting "ameachi must go"..stupidity in high places!
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by eddyslim(m): 9:29am On May 28, 2013
Lwkmd... No comment abeg
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Nobody: 9:35am On May 28, 2013
Common Dey Gbam there!...Aboy balance!!

As you balance, as one hand point you gun, another hand dey feel your pocket for phone and wallet...

If only Austin Opara's "Elegen-Face Boys" knew about Eggon Ombatse people, dem for go cook themselves for Nassarawa before confronting Dey-Gbam Boys... it was sad Dey-Gbam boys buried a whole lotta Elegen-face Boys alive...

What of Germans and Icelanders??

Port Harcourt was a ghetto sha, reminds me of Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas (red and green scarf neighborhoods)

No kudos to Odili and Rotimi Amaechi for all these mess...

No attack me oh, I was born and bred in PH so I know how it all started and their sponsors...

Why on earth these cultists go drive their buses to populated junctions and open fire on innocent commuters??...

It happened more than 20 times in Port Harcourt...once at Education busstop, another at Eleme junction, on a sunday at RSUST back gate leaving about 30 dead, Best Bite area at GRA and the most bloody at Presidential busstop on a 31st December at 11:30pm were they nearly killed Timi Dakolo and left about 50 others dead...

Amaechi made the state ungovernable for Celestine Omehia, who knows, he might have sold the same idea to the Notherners to use against GEJ...

If not why did everywhere in PortHarcourt suddenly became calm immediately Omehia was removed and Amaechi sworn in??

3 Likes

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by Yazmin: 9:45am On May 28, 2013
MalasparkBlog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/3-killed-in-renewed-ikwerre-cult-war/

http://www.malaspark.com/2013/05/3-killed-in-renewed-ikwerre-cult-war.html?m=0

Ok, na dem dem,make dem kee demsef finish. Before later some poo mouthed lapdogs go blame it on BH,Tinubu,uhari haram. Ehn, Back to amaechi and janga janga sef, is NGF service commission recruiting fresh graduates?
Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by GentleNaaz(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2013
Men just dy derich, una dy hr dy dewell n degbam. Me i wan dewealth. Wat abt u?

1 Like

Re: 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War by GentleNaaz(m): 10:00am On May 28, 2013
Men just dy derich, una dy hr dy dewell n degbam. Me i wan dewealthy. Wat abt u?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any University In Nigeria That Can Accept This Result??? / Top Memorable Quotes Of Robert Mugabe / Governor Tambuwal Visits Ibrahim Babangida (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.