Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,046 members, 7,949,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu (2382 Views)

Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / VIDEO: Why Ndi Igbo Should Not Vote GEJ. An Exposé / 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 7:46am On May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 | 12:50 am
News
LAGOS — National convener of Igbo Nationality Rights
Assembly, INRA, Chief Sam Okey Nwosu, has said that
unless the Igbo nation indulged in self cleansing and
evaluation, it will continue to play second fiddle in the
scheme of things in the Nigerian project.
Nwosu, who spoke with journalists at the recent summit
of ethnic nationalities of the South held in Lagos, insisted
that instead of the Igbos to blame others for their
marginalisation in the scheme of things in the country, the
Igbo elite must do deep soul- searching and evaluation to
locate the cause of the marginalisation.
Noting that the average Igbo man was marginalised
because the elite that were supposed to stand and protect
their interest had become commercial merchandize with a
price tag on their heads, Nwosu blamed the Igbo elite,
Ohanaeze and political leaders for keeping quiet while
their kinsmen were being murdered daily in the North by
the terrorist group,Boko Haram.
He said: “As an Igbo elite, I must confess that unlike
others like the Yorubas, Ijaws, Hausas and other smaller
ethnic nationalities, we have failed to chart the path of
greatness for our race in the scheme of things in what I
call the Nigerian project.
“While the elite of the Yoruba, Hausa and other
nationalities sacrifice their personal interests for their
tribes, the Igbo elite trade their race for personal gains.
Today our kinsmen are being slaughtered daily in the
North and yet not a word of protest from our so called
elite and Ohanaeze. If this happened to the Yoruba, Hausa
or Ijaw, they would mount a strong campaign and put
pressure on the Federal Government until the families of
the victims are adequately compensated.
“It is painful that at political meetings, when others are
scheming to project the greater good of their people, the
Igbos are looked upon as people with a price tag. Look at
what is happening to MASSOB and its leaders. While
violent and very destructive groups are offered amnesty,
MASSOB leaders that have always preached non violence
are to be tried for treason and I have not heard any of the
so called Igbo leaders raise a voice in defence of them,
meanwhile compare it to the media blitz in defence of
Asari Dokubo by the Ijaws,you will understand what I’m
talking about. ”
Nwosu said the talk of a Nigerian President of Igbo
extraction shall remain a mere talk unless the Igbo elite
come together to define the interest of Indigbo in the
Nigeria project.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/why-igbo-must-embark-on-self-cleansing-nwosu/
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by EkoAtlantic: 7:59am On May 28, 2013
unless the Igbo nation indulged in self cleansing and evaluation, it will continue to play second fiddle in the scheme of things in the Nigerian project.

So jona is no more an ibo man, after he was crowned ezendigbo-guguru of ibo land.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:05am On May 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

So jona is no more an ibo man, after he was crowned ezendigbo-guguru of ibo land.
when was he given the title?
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by EkoAtlantic: 8:14am On May 28, 2013
berem: when was he given the title?

How're you going to know when you don't stay in ibo land neither do you surf the net for ibo related issues

And if you're thinking I don't mind my bizz, my ibo she always like gisting me about ibo stuffs. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by joeyfire(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2013
I agree with this 100%. We would be really thick to believe that we are on point politically or that if push comes to shove we are ready for our own country now.

Certain elements within our ranks must be surgically removed from our ranks and squashed or isolated and our priorities restored like they were before the war.we need to tell ourselves the truth more.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:15am On May 28, 2013
At this point in time, a President of Igbo extraction is not important; rather one that can chart a new course for Nigeria is paramount. If the man/woman happens to be Igbo, so be it.

LMAO @ "self-cleansing" cheesy
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Garrithe1st: 8:19am On May 28, 2013

“While the elite of the Yoruba, Hausa and other
nationalities sacrifice their personal interests for their
tribes, the Igbo elite trade their race for personal gains.

I agree with the above....

cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by AbdH: 8:20am On May 28, 2013
Igbos are not marginalized. How do you explain their staunch support for Jonathan if they are? I think they are okay with the status quo.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2013
Evidently from Nairaland I'm afraid to say it the least but an impression of Igbo I get is people that sold their rights for a cup of tea. Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State and Theodore Orji of Abia for example have been going about as follow follow without any stand of theirs. The only Igbo Governor that has shown some sense of pride and dignity for the Igbo race is Okorocha. Amaechi would have been another but he's an Ikwerre man. What Amaechi has done is almost impossible for any Igbo man because he could have done follow follow like Obi and Orji but he chose to stand by truth and justice in the face of humiliation.

No other Governor has honored Ojukwu even in his home State. That tells a lot. I'm not one of the advocates of ethnic based Presidency but Igbos need to have a voice and not dance to AGIP.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:30am On May 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

How're you going to know when you don't stay in ibo land neither do you surf the net for ibo related issues

And if you're thinking I don't mind my bizz, my ibo she always like gisting me about ibo stuffs. tongue
You haven't answered my question. When was he given the title?
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by EkoAtlantic: 8:34am On May 28, 2013
[size=20pt]While the elite of the Yoruba, Hausa and other nationalities sacrifice their personal interests for their tribes, the Igbo elite trade their race for personal gains. [/size]

Expecting ibos to tell us how this guy is actually a yoruba man or how he descended from Benin republic. Lwkm

6 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2013
This is just the Truth !!!

Chief Sam Okey Nwosu must have stayed long in SouthWest to understand issue as this ........Not many of his folks do !!!

Soon,his Igbo will be questioned by his peeps!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2013
Abagworo: What Amaechi has done is almost impossible for any Igbo man because he could have done follow follow like Obi and Orji but he chose to stand by truth and justice in the face of humiliation.

You are not far from the truth.

1 Like

Governor Sullivan Chime seems to be another fellow who is a rising star in the SE.He is one man that doesn't blow his trumpet, instead, he lets his works speak for themselves.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by dayokanu(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2013
Thats what you get when you are notoriously Any Government in Power

ANy Govt in Power is what Igbos support. No original thoughts, Just follow follow

OBJ come they support, Yar Adua come they support, Balewa come they support, Shagari come they support, Now Retardeen sef, dem don queue behind

No wonder Shagari said the below about the great Zik of Igboland

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride but a harlot." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Afam4eva(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2013
Abagworo: Evidently from Nairaland I'm afraid to say it the least but an impression of Igbo I get is people that sold their rights for a cup of tea. Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State and Theodore Orji of Abia for example have been going about as follow follow without any stand of theirs. The only Igbo Governor that has shown some sense of pride and dignity for the Igbo race is Okorocha. Amaechi would have been another but he's an Ikwerre man. What Amaechi has done is almost impossible for any Igbo man because he could have done follow follow like Obi and Orji but he chose to stand by truth and justice in the face of humiliation.

No other Governor has honored Ojukwu even in his home State. That tells a lot. I'm not one of the advocates of ethnic based Presidency but Igbos need to have a voice and not dance to AGIP.
At the end of the day, all of them are follow follow. Rochas is following Tinubu and Buhari while Amaechi is romancing the North in a bid to get the vice-presidential slot. I'm not that keen on Igbo presidency. I just want someone that will fix some very important problems in the SE and to be truthful, Jonathan has tried in that regard. He's done what past administrators have failed to do for decades. Let's speak the truth when we see it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:40am On May 28, 2013
...and when Mr Nwosu must have blamed Ohanaeze ndi igbo for their silence toward the trial of Uwazuruike, they swung into action

Ohanaeze kicks against planned trial of MASSOB
leader for treason
Tweet 26
May 28, 2013 | 12:55 am
News
By Tony Edike
ENUGU — For the first time since its contentious election
in January this year, the new executive of the apex Igbo
socio –cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, weekend
in Enugu, held its Imeobi meeting (highest decision making
organ of the body) and kicked against trial for treason of
leader of Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of
Biafra, MASSOB, Ralph Uwazuruike.
At the meeting were former governor, Dr Okwy Nwodo,
Admiral Allison Madueke (rtd), former Minister, Chief
Mbazulike Amechi, Chairman of South-East Council of
Traditional rulers, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, Eze Uzu-Awka,
Igwe Gibson Nwosu, Prof Anya O. Anya, Dr Offia Nwali,
Prof (Mrs) Uche Azikiwe, Elder Nweke Anyigor, Chief Maxi
Ukuta, as well as Ohanaeze chapters in Abuja, Kano, Jos,
Ghana and captains of Industry, among others.
Although the governors of the zone had in February this
year set up an 11-man committee to look into the post-
election dispute among other contending issues in the
organization, it had as well asked the new executive to
stand down all actions of the group pending the resolution
of the matter.
The election had caused serious disaffection in the group
including litigation in court even as Ebonyi state Governor,
Martin Elechi among others questioned its authenticity and
rejecting its outcome.
The president general of the group, Chief Enwo Igariwey,
had acknowledged this when he addressed the meeting,
adding, however, that since the committee was set up and
their report submitted to the governors, nothing had been
heard, stressing that Ndigbo might no longer continue to
wait.
In a communiqué issued after the meeting, Ohanaeze said
there was no justifiable reason to charge members of
MASSOB, to court for treason when they had done no
harm to any Nigerian, while those that killed and maimed
fellow Nigerians walked around unmolested.
It, therefore, urged the federal government to drop its
court case against the MASSOB leader, Uwazuruike, who
the Supreme Court recently, ruled could face treasonable
felony.
The communique signed by Igariwey, Dr Joe Nwaorgu,
Secretary General, Prof Paul Modum and Dr Felicia Eneh,
chairman and member, respectively of Resolution drafting
committee, noted with grave concern the continued
manace by Fulani herdsmen in the south east zone and
mandates its executive committee to take appropriate
action and work with security organs and governments of
the zone to safeguard Igboland.
Ohanaeze also reaffirmed the desire of Ndigbo for the
creation of additional state in the South East as a special
case according to the 2005 political reform committee as a
matter of justice, equity and fairness.
The Imeobi mandated its executive to galvanize various
opinion and political leaders at the national and regional
levels to take all necessary steps to ensure the realization
of the additional state

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/ohanaeze-kicks-against-planned-trial-of-massob-leader-for-treason/
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by EkoAtlantic: 8:40am On May 28, 2013
berem: You haven't answered my question. When was he given the title?

You have to meet my ibo she
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:40am On May 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
At the end of the day, all of them are follow follow. Rochas is following Tinubu and Buhari while Amaechi is romancing the North in a bid to get the vice-presidential slot. I'm not that keen on Igbo presidency. I just want someone that will fix some very important problems in the SE and to be truthful, Jonathan has tried in that regard. He's done what past administrators have failed to do for decades. Let's speak the truth when we see it.

That's factually true. But, I won't give him full credit until the 2nd Niger bridge, the new international air terminal at Enugu and the $1 billion (N158bn) SE infrastructural projects see the light of day. The Niger bridge itself will be mostly funded by a private company (70%)
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Afam4eva(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2013
CFCfan:

That's factually true. But, I won't give him full credit until the 2nd Niger bridge, the new international air terminal at Enugu and the $1 billion (N158bn) SE infrastructural projects see the light of day. The Niger bridge itself will be mostly funded by a private company (70%)
That's why i said he has tried. There are still a lot of projects we want the FG to embark on and the Niger bridge is one of the most important and we hope attention is paid to it. But we won't blame any Igbo man that votes for Jonathan because no matter how bad, his bad thrumps the good that pas administrations have done in Igboland.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Abagworo(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2013
CFCfan: Governor Sullivan Chime seems to be another fellow who is a rising star in the SE.He is one man that doesn't blow his trumpet, instead, he lets his works speak for themselves.

I think it has more to do with his health and he's not really into national politics. He is a great achiever in infrastructure with good management of Enugu's meager resources.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 8:48am On May 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

so obasanjo became an ijaw man when he was given the title 'ebidouwei 1 of niger delta. he was crowned and robed like a king with a specially carved seat like a lion in bayelsa state when alamieseigha was governor.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On May 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

How is Rochas following Tinubu or Amaechi romancing the North? That's far from the truth. Are you insinuating that when an Igboman gets a national appeal then it is wrong? Rochas and Amaechi are not restricted to their regions but their friendships and influence cut across all tribes and religions of Nigeria. That is what most Igbo leaders lack. Peter Obi for example has no influence beyond Anambra State and Christianity. Do you know that Rochas could have challenged Amaechi if he was brought out as an NGF candidate and possibly win?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by joeyfire(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2013
dayokanu: Thats what you get when you are notoriously Any Government in Power

ANy Govt in Power is what Igbos support. No original thoughts, Just follow follow

OBJ come they support, Yar Adua come they support, Balewa come they support, Shagari come they support, Now Retardeen sef, dem don queue behind

No wonder Shagari said the below about the great Zik of Igboland

Its silly motorpark talk to say that Igbos in general are generally AGIP. Many leaders from your part of the country are known as shameless ass humpers to anyone in power but it is childish to generalise. Please grow up. This thread is for intelligent discourse and smart people. If you want a baboon shyte fight I suggest you start a thread
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by dayokanu(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2013
joeyfire:

Its silly motorpark talk to say that Igbos in general are generally AGIP. Many leaders from your part of the country are known as shameless ass humpers to anyone in power but it is childish to generalise. Please grow up. This thread is for intelligent discourse and smart people. If you want a baboon shyte fight I suggest you start a thread

Awolowo rather than follow Shagari or Balewa stood on his own

Abiola stood on his own

OBJ stood on his own

Even Tinubu challenged the powers of OBJ

Instead of people bending down and getting rimmed by Any Govt In Power.

Yesterday it was Yar Adua, today na Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Abagworo(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Abiola stood on his own

OBJ stood on his own

You seem to have turned a blind eye to the few Igbos that stood on their own. Orji Kalu despite his flaws for one stood on his own. He even contested for President on the platform of his own party and came 4th. His party also clinched 2 Igbo States.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by joeyfire(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Abiola stood on his own

OBJ stood on his own

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Nobody: 9:05am On May 28, 2013
If I talk now they will say I am not igbo, thank God of our elders are opening their eyes, may God see us thru.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Afam4eva(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

How is Rochas following Tinubu or Amaechi romancing the North? That's far from the truth. Are you insinuating that when an Igboman gets a national appeal then it is wrong? Rochas and Amaechi are not restricted to their regions but their friendships and influence cut across all tribes and religions of Nigeria. That is what most Igbo leaders lack. Peter Obi for example has no influence beyond Anambra State and Christianity. Do you know that Rochas could have challenged Amaechi if he was brought out as an NGF candidate and possibly win?
There's nothing wrong with having a national appeal but not when it's at the detriment of your own people. Was it not Rochas that went to Kano and lied that Igbos were not being killed just to be accepted by the Northern elites? It really pained me because i'm one of Rochas supporters. Our leaders have to speak the truth at all time and Peter Obi and even Theo Orji have been doing that as it relates to the welfare of Ndigbo especially those outside Igboland.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Afam4eva(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2013
Obiagelli: If I talk now they will say I am not igbo, thank God of our elders are opening their eyes, may God see us thru.
Say what you want to say so that we can decide...I've been following your comments and i have to say that you seem to have an interest in ACN/APC. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not at the detriment to the interest of Ala-Igbo.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by slimghost(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2013
I don't care about any igbo president! All I want is fairness, justice and equality in this hellhole called Nigeria. Unfortunately, some region feels that they can lord it over us and where does that leave us? So don't blame any igbo that votes for GEJ because he has given us a great sense of belonging in the scheme of things in Nigeria. So any igboman frolicking with the North is on his own.
Re: Why Ndi Igbo Must Embark On Self Cleansing-nwosu by Afam4eva(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2013
@Berem Pls dn't post that article again. The spambots are banning you for it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Gov Faces Impeachment / Cracks As 7 Govs Shun Apc Meeting / Afenifere's Endorsement Of Jonathan Is Meaningless - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.