Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,411 members, 7,891,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down (603 Views)

Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto – UDUSOK 2014/2015, Post UTME Screening. / Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto Applicant, Lets Meet Here / Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Admission List Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by U09ce: 2:28pm On May 28, 2013
The authorities of Usman Dan Fodio
University (UDUS) have ordered the
immediate and indefinite closure of
the university. The decision followed
demonstrations staged last night by
students at the university’s permanent
campus in Dundaye. The students were
protesting against incessant electric
power outages at the institution. “We
can’t study, we can’t rest, we relax, we
can’t do anything when there is no
light,” a second year political student
of the university told
SaharaReporters.”
Hundreds of irate students demanded
that the management of the university
restore electricity or face widespread
destruction of buildings and other
assets of the institution.
Sokoto state is one of the areas in the
northern part of Nigeria hit by acute
shortage of electricity for more than
one week. The lack of electricity has
crippled economic and social
activities, said our correspondent.
The management of the university
ordered all students to vacate the
institution by noon today.
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by Zonacom(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2013
The students just wana shake body small. 1 week power outage is not enough reason to start unnecessary protests. Dialogue first
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by ese79(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2013
chairman, pls i aplied udus 1st choice wit a jamb score of 251. 4rm delta state. Pls any hope. Mbbs
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by Obinnau(m): 7:38am On May 29, 2013
ese79: chairman, pls i aplied udus 1st choice wit a jamb score of 251. 4rm delta state. Pls any hope. Mbbs
whoa u have hope! I applied to the same school, also my first choice, got 225, hook me up let's talk.
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by ese79(m): 8:02am On May 29, 2013
Obinnau: whoa u have hope! I applied to the same school, also my first choice, got 225, hook me up let's talk.
tanx u very much. Pls cn u help me wit ur 2go usaname, or mayb numba wit which i cn add u wit?
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto Shut Down by Obinnau(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2013
ese79: tanx u very much. Pls cn u help me wit ur 2go usaname, or mayb numba wit which i cn add u wit?
add me with obinnau

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Lagos / ASUU/FG / Application For Masters In France?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.