Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,731 members, 7,889,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:05 AM

Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? (997 Views)

Amaechi, Dakuku Say Victory In Sight For APC / End Of Boko Haram In Sight, Says Buhari / Buhari accused Oyo people of killing his People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2008
Adedibu ill, admitted to Lagos hospital

By Sunday Aborisade, Ibadan
Published: Tuesday, 29 Apr 2008

The deteriorating health of the controversial octogenarian politician, Chief Lamidi Adedibu, appeared to have worsened on Saturday as he was rushed to a private hospital on Victoria Island, Lagos.

He is said to be on admission at Redington Hospital, Victoria Island, Lagos after he reportedly fell unconscious.

A family source, who pleaded for anonymity, confided in our correspondent that the Peoples Democratic Party chieftain had been sick for over one week and had remained indoors.

According to the source, “Baba has not been coming out for over one week now. He is seriously ill. He was rushed to the University College Hospital last week for a brief treatment but returned home after a few hours.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080429421250

As i wish the self acclaimed king of Ibadan politics a quick recovery, i also want to find out whether this could be a good omen for the people of Oyo state?
Is the liberation of Oyo people in sight?
This man has held the state captive from time immemorial, thereby breeding dozens of ruthless thugs and leaving the state a condition of perpetual violence.
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Frizy(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

As i wish the self acclaimed king of Ibadan politics a quick recovery

thereby breeding dozens of ruthless thugs and leaving the state a condition of perpetual violence.

Why?
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by desgiezd(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2008
@ Poster a la topic

Are u wishing he kaputs? LOL!!
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2008
desgiezd:

@ Poster a la topic

Are u wishing he kaputs? LOL!!

No, that's not my wish for him, in fact in my first post i wished him otherwise; a quick recovery.
My curiosity is considering his politics of ruthlessness and thuggery in Oyo state upon her people, will there be quick and positive changes in Oyo politics now that he is not too fit to order his band of thugs to cut living beings like cadaver?
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by desgiezd(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
You know the man has a lot of foot soldiers on ground. Even on his sick bed he will still be giving orders as to who to maim and where to wreck havoc. Dont forget, the incumbent governor of Oyo State is one of them. I guess all he has to do is to snap his fingers and pronto the boys are on the streets except he is so sick to the extent that his fingers would refuse to snap.

On a lighter note, while so many people are presently mourning the passage of Papa Abraham Adesanya and many are praying that Gani Fawehinmi comes out of his sickness hale and hearty, for their steadfastness against injustice and bad governance, many will be praying silently that the garrison commander doesnt come out of his hospital bed alive so that Oyo State might have some peace. DIRRERENT STROKES you'll say
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by lucabrasi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
as horrible as it sounds but thats the gospel truth,for anyone feeln sorry for the man pls think of the families his thugs have robbed of husbands and children, the man has committed a lot of atrocities,and has blood on his hands at that age when he should be closer to his GOD praying for forgiveness and entering aljanah or paradise he is still giving orders,im sure he knows by now on his hospital bed he has blood and water running in his veins and he is not GOD, hope he will see the error of his ways before he dies, wonder what people will say about him after his death,
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2008
All these people trying to sugarcoat their true feelings. Put bluntly, I wish he dies.

When the righteous rule, the people rejoice. When the wicked rulers die, the people rejoice. I will rejoice if he dies.
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2008
May he rot in the deepest recess of hell. angry
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by azorjiu(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2008
I'm expecting the good news!

Please notify me when the knell that summons him to heaven or to hell sounds.
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by algood(f): 6:25pm On May 01, 2008
azorjiu:

I'm expecting the good news!

i am awaitng the great news too,
sometimes i wonder that some people beleives they are above death, in the way they take other people lives, this man has been a pain to The masses of Oyo state.

I know, Just has abacha good news was celebrated through out the nation, so his good news will be celebrated in Oyo states.
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by lucabrasi(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2008
im not a bearer of bad news just tryna contribute, saw in the news that his condition has deteriorated on wednesday yestd and his political GOD sons includn his biological son have been constant visitors since then
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by bawomolo(m): 2:47am On May 02, 2008
where is dr kevorkian when u need him
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by bigben3: 8:44am On May 03, 2008
, and the people of God say,
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Texcee(f): 11:43am On May 03, 2008
I don't even know if adedibu is just staying in the hospital as a ploy to keep him from being arrested. A man that was
not elected to office causing so much chaos ! God bless our country grin
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by lucabrasi(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

I don't even know if adedibu is just staying in the hospital as a ploy to keep him from being arrested. A man that was
not elected to office causing so much chaos ! God bless our country grin

imost of them do to push their cases foward,remember fred ajudua and the whole india and operation, he didnt have that much of an influence prior to obj ascending owe,obj handed him the oyo state machinery which he used in building up his thugs and he was untouchable tho it has to be said that the man is generous with money to his thugs, if he collects 100million he ll share at least 60-70% of the money right there in the living room in front of his leutenants,thats how he gets the total servitude of majority of these people
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 03, 2008
i pity those of you who are happy that garrison commander is dying, trust garrison general, his legacy must continue, so he'll install a tougher commander grin
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2008
And the beast finally died tongue

The police knew he was going to die sooner or later, that was why they had the guts to invade his house and arrest over hundred of his die-hard thugs.

Remember, our culture says we shouldnt speak ill of the dead. undecided
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by sheniqua: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2008
na so una pray person to hell so?
i don't know swat about the man
If he's as bad as you guys say,what do we now say
May his soul rest in peace?
does he deserve it?
may his soul just go where souls like him deserve to go, Amen!
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by sheniqua: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2008
nuzo:

And the beast finally died tongue

The police knew he was going to die sooner or later, that was why they had the guts to invade his house and arrest over hundred of his die-hard thugs.

Remember, our culture says we shouldnt speak ill of the dead. undecided

I wonder why we can't speak ill of a bad dead man.
that's a terrible culture.
A bad person is bad dead or alive
me I go talk ill of am,wetin go happen?
Is Hitler now a hero because he died?
how about Jeffrey dahmer the American cannibal?
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by lucabrasi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
i dont agree wholly with the whole naija culture of not speakinh ill of the dead,he has blood on his hands for indirectly ordering the death of ibadan/oyo citizens,he has bankrupted soo many people there as well,and subjected these ppl to untold hardships, now that he is no more i m waiting for who inherits oyo state in his will and what becomes of his numerous political GODchildren especially the ones with cases in court lead by mr akala lol
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2008
Nuzo you must be a Wizard!!! How do you do it?? grin
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by MethodMan3(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2008
Is it only Oyo People?

Everybody in Nigeria as well

NiyiRocks!:

May he rot in the deepest recess of hell. angry

oh yes!lol
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by azorjiu(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2008
azorjiu:

Could someone please verify that the knell actually sounded.
Re: Behold; The Liberation Of Oyo People In Sight? by Frizy(m): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
i don't agree wholly with the whole naija culture of not speakinh ill of the dead,he has blood on his hands for indirectly ordering the death of ibadan/oyo citizens,he has bankrupted soo many people there as well,and subjected these people to untold hardships, now that he is no more i m waiting for who inherits oyo state in his will and what becomes of his numerous political GODchildren especially the ones with cases in court lead by mr akala lol

Tunde, how far? We need to chat now.

(1) (Reply)

Time For Fresh Air: Who Are Nigeria's Most Ugliest And Handsome Governors? / Yaradua Is Finally Dead / I Read This With Tears: Nigeria Please Let Wake Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.