Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,378 members, 7,910,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Irony Of Liberty Reserve Setup. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Irony Of Liberty Reserve Setup. (646 Views)

Beware Of Liberty Reserve Scam With These Tips:for BUYERS Nd SELLERS! / HELP! !!how Can I Invest With My Liberty Reserve Cash Apart From Forex Trading? / Liberty Reserve Trading: Is It A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Irony Of Liberty Reserve Setup. by scorpio1(m): 11:55pm On May 28, 2013
@Mod..i need this to make the front page.
This is page 21 of the US indictment against LR.
**"As a result of committing one or more of the offenses alleged in counts one
and three of this indictment, Liberty Reserve owners, the defendants, shall
forfeit to the United States, pursuant to Title 18, all property, real and personal,
involved in the offenses and all property traceable to such property, including
but not limited to:
a. A sum of money of at least $6 billion in United States currency;"***

My Argument:

1. It is a Costa Rican company. Why the hell does the FBI get involved?
2. The allegation is that they LAUNDERED $6 billion. They didn't STEAL $6 billion.
3. Even if they stole that amount or even Laundered it, why would the US government be entitled to it?

MAIN PART:

The main irony in this whole prosecution is that the US SEC NEVER recognized LR as an official currency and claimed it could facilitate no legal transactions.

If the criminal enterprise held no monetary value, then why do they owe anyone anything?

(1) (Reply)

Video: Meet Calabar Community That Practices Trade By Barter / Oil Discovered In Lagos / I Want A General Computer Business In Lagos, Prefer Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.