Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,371 members, 7,978,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:13 PM

Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? (3274 Views)

When A Lady Looking For Husband Finally Meets "Long John" / Is It Advisable For Couples To Share Separate Rooms / Y Do Couples Live In Separate Rooms Under The Same Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by MrsMango(f): 2:14pm On May 29, 2013
Yeah friends,
What's your take on this?
Is it proper for husband and wife to live in two separate rooms under same roof?
What possible circumstance can warrant that kind of lifestyle between married couples?
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Monicasque(f): 2:20pm On May 29, 2013
most do that once they realise that the marriage is finished but they still want to present a united front or want to both parent their kids but under normal circumstances it is not adviceable
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by nikkytruth(f): 2:30pm On May 29, 2013
Ȋ̝̊̅§ not å bad idea depending on the character of †ђξ couple. Some ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ it to cover their evil deeds while some ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ it because the want to be comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by sexymoma(f): 3:23pm On May 29, 2013
It not Proper.... There are some Conversations Better Said at Mid Night than Noon. The First thing they Would lack Is Communication which is most important in marriage. As old as ma parent are, they still lay their heads on the same bed. even if they had mis-understanding all day they are still gonna lay heads in that same room. i dont just like it.

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Kosigift(f): 4:52pm On May 29, 2013
I see nothing wrong with it though I wud want to share d same room with hubby wen I'm married.(At least b4 d kids come in)

My parent have their seperate rooms buh dat does not mean their marriage have failed (like d 1st poster posited) very far from dat! Infact u often see mum in dad's room gossipping happily

I really think its nothing! Wat matters most is d fact dat its working for them, so Op whatever rocks ur boat.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Kosigift(f): 5:01pm On May 29, 2013
Mrs. Mango:

What possible circumstance can warrant that kind of lifestyle between married couples?

To answer dis, I fink d reason is cos there's enuf room for everyone and mum kinda has too much ngwongwo (property) so she had to move dos to d next room to create some space.

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by MrsMango(f): 12:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Seun, Ishilove, Mynd_44, Obinoscopy, Enterpro, Mukina2 what's your take on the matter?
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Ishilove: 12:53am On Dec 10, 2014
nikkytruth:
Ȋ̝̊̅§ not å bad idea depending on the character of †ђξ couple. Some ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ it to cover their evil deeds while some ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ it because the want to be comfortable.
I belong to the latter group. I personally would love to have my own bedroom when I'm married. I love my own private space
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by pharod(m): 12:58am On Dec 10, 2014
I think this situation arises in the occasion of the arrival of a new born baby... Maybe the father will want to continue enjoying his sleep without the hassles of having to wake up in the midnight due to baby cries and such... So the baby and the mother will now move to another room, a temporal one for the mother though....
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by esere826: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
my mum and dad have always had separate rooms.
mums room was always accessible to us, but had little or no financial value
my dads room,..... well, mum secured it like a bullion van

2 Likes

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Tymax(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
It's usually cos of the wife's luggage. I can't have her filling my closet and displacing my stuff with bags and shoes that she won't wear. Secondly, it's for peace of mind. Not all men can endure small talk when they should be sleeping.

I noticed this trend among old folks. I don't think it represents a lack of love. I believe the practice is born from understanding.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
I tink sharing d same room creates a kind of bonding. If its cos d woman has so much belongings, she can keep d ones she doesnt use frequently in a separate room and still share d same room wit her husband. So dats not an excuse.
Different rooms is a no no for me

3 Likes

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by daben1(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
It's not normal na, if 'Junior' wants to eat in the nko?
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Beennkumar(m): 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
To me, there is nothing wrong sleeping in separate bedrooms as long as there is love between the two of you.

Many couples have their different reasons for doing so, but marriage is about compromise and cooperation. It's giving 100% to your partner all the time and vice versa.

The marriage bed is were physical intimacy is nurtured and that does not always mean sex! However that is also enhanced by sharing the same bed! There is a bonding, a sense of being there for one another that brings a warmth, closeness and security ...

Each couple is different though.

However separate rooms have walls between them and in most cases, gradually, emotional walls begin to grow and erect in the marriage. It says I need my space each night. it also sends mixed messages to the children.

Sleeping separately itself shows I need more distance for whatever reason...

Marriage is about sharing who you are. Yes, you are two individuals; marriage is about coming together. The Word says "The marriage bed is undefiled" not beds...

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 11, 2014
Ts not proper joor
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by ireneony(f): 6:36am On Dec 11, 2014
Op, hell no is not proper. This is 21st century, who does that
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by dechandel(f): 6:43am On Dec 11, 2014
There is nothing wrong with couples having seperate rooms. Most times its due to the excessive luggages. Speaking from experience here..

And besides. If there is enough room in the house? Why close it up instead of making good use of it.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by seunpayne(m): 7:02am On Dec 11, 2014
I know of only one reason that will allow me sleep alone with my spouse in another room and that is if I snore so loudly and she can't sleep. Save that...my baby doesn't only sleep beside me but in my arms
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 11, 2014
I dnt really see anything bad in it.

There are times one will need space and privacy.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by jnrbayano(m): 7:37am On Dec 11, 2014
Nothing is wrong with it.

Having seperate rooms won't make me love and care for my wife less.

Having seperate rooms won't make me attend to my wife's needs body and soul less.

Having seperate rooms won't make me sleep with my wife on same bed any less.

Our luggages need space. Her choice/style of arrangement may differ from mine hence the seperate rooms.

That the rooms are seperate does not give exclusive right to the owner, in fact, identification of room owner is from the luggages and not the user.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2014
[size=80pt]its not proper oo what if konji hook the man for night so e go come dey sneak from one room to another e no proper at al [/size]
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by englishmart(m): 8:12am On Dec 11, 2014
making it easier for me to meet my maid tongue

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Tallesty1(m): 8:15am On Dec 11, 2014
veegirl:
I tink sharing d same room creates a kind of bonding. If its cos d woman has so much belongings, she can keep d ones she doesnt use frequently in a separate room and still share d same room wit her husband. So dats not an excuse.
Different rooms is a no no for me
Pray that you don't marry a man that has the loudest horriblest snoring ever. Or one that has restless legs. You will be the one to ask for a separate room.

As 4 me, nah separate room sure pass, in fact sneaking in to get it in the middle of the night is a turn on sef.

3 Likes

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2014
Tallesty1:
Pray that you don't marry a man that has the loudest horriblest snoring ever. Or one that has restless legs. You will be the one to ask for a separate room.

As 4 me, nah separate room sure pass, in fact sneaking in to get it in the middle of the night is a turn on sef.
He shud snore na. Is it a disease?
U're only lookin for reasons to justify urself

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Tallesty1(m): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2014
veegirl:

He shud snore na. Is it a disease?
U're only lookin for reasons to justify urself
To justify myself for who or what? I hate sharing room with people let alone bed, I can't inconvenience myself to please somebody. Ahhh... Life is too long to live in pretence.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2014
Tallesty1:
To justify myself for who or what? I hate sharing room with people let alone bed, I can't inconvenience myself to please somebody. Ahhh... Life is too long to live in pretence.
Who is askin u to share ur room wit people? I'm saying share a bed with ur WIFE!

1 Like

Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Missmossy(f): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2014
Nah I don't think its a good idea except when both partners have a misunderstanding and they need to be alone.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Tallesty1(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2014
veegirl:

Who is askin u to share ur room wit people? I'm saying share a bed with ur WIFE!
See as you dey shout.

And you still dey ask why I cannot share my room/bed with my wife
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2014
Tallesty1:
See as you dey shout.

And you still dey ask why I cannot share my room/bed with my wife
Lol. Who tell u say i dey shout? U hear my voice? tongue
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Tonydeeb(m): 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
It's not always a case of love gone sore...It depends on the couple's wants...it cud be the hubby's idea or the wife's...
As an illustration A bro of mine who is allergic to cold tells me often that if his wife insists on having AC in the room, then unfailingly, she'll be havimg a separate room; if she cannot tolerate watching football matches (sometimes movies) @ night, or if she happens to be a nollywood fan, then she either goes to the living room or stick with another room.
Other reasons which I think causes this segregation varies from having a new baby(temporal ofcourse), either party's snoring prowess, becomin a kungfu master while sleeping etc...
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by Wallade(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
It encourages poor communication and secrets. For me, I wanna share the same room with my wife till death do us part. I love her so much. Howeher, sometimes I may sleep off elsewhere.
Re: Two Separate Rooms For Husband And Wife Under The Same Roof: Proper? by MrsMango(f): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, I'm seriously learning!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Cheating On Me / Dear Guys: On The Issue Of Hygiene. / Her Dad Is A Native Doctor, Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.