Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,782 members, 7,965,933 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) (941 Views)

Lamido Hands Over To SSG, Jets Out On Annual Leave / Osun Emerges With Lowest Unemployment Rate In Nigeria – NBS / SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 7:26am On May 30, 2013
I watched the score card of the president yesterday and I heard ngozi hammering on 6.5% economic growth and Nigeria becoming the number one point of investment in Africa. My take

Why is the economy not rated on employment rate?
What was the unemployment rate when gej got there and what is now?

Are these people taking us for a ride?

Do they think we are idiots?

What foreign investment are they talking about, where are the investments? I don't know of any company that has built a plant and making exports.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 7:45am On May 30, 2013
Please give your own take a as we evaluate the score card report.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by grafikii: 8:04am On May 30, 2013
How can they use unemployment rate as a yardstick when they know we can verify and counter their claim but how can we measure economic growth or foreign investment.

Btw I heard inflation rate has dropped but that has not affected the price of Garri as it now 500.naira from 250.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 8:32am On May 30, 2013
Obiagelli: I watched the score card of the president yesterday and I heard ngozi hammering on 6.5% economic growth and Nigeria becoming the number one point of investment in Africa. My take

What foreign investment are they talking about, where are the investments? I don't know of any company that has built a plant and making exports.

You rate an economy based on several indices. I believe the most important are Investments, inflation and unemployment. It is when you compute these economic data that you can deduce if the economy is growing or not.
There are several Investments in the country, you won't see or notice them because like most nigerians, you just don't care.
The inflation rate is stable, so is the unemployment rate.
If you have any reason to believe the minister is telling cheap lies, compute your own data and stop pulling down the government with your ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 8:56am On May 30, 2013
J12:

You rate an economy based on several indices. I believe the most important are Investments, inflation and unemployment. It is when you compute these economic data that you can deduce if the economy is growing or not.
There are several Investments in the country, you won't see or notice them because like most nigerians, you just don't care.
If you have any reason to believe the minister is telling cheap lies, compute your own data and stop pulling down the government with your ignorance.
Are you kidding me? Unemployment rate is stable? inflation dropped ,please tell me more, what did the government give as unemployment rate so we can compare with what it was before

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by FrankC3: 10:30am On May 30, 2013
Obiagelli:
Are you kidding me? Unemployment rate is stable? inflation dropped ,please tell me more, what did the government give as unemployment rate so we can compare with what it was before

Ok, you are so smart. Please, tell me the unemployment rate on May 29, 2011 and the unemployment rate on May 29, 2013. make sure you are not quoting mama Sekiru beer palour joint or Lai Mohammed. Ensure that your quote is referencing a recognized body.

I will be waiting...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 10:44am On May 30, 2013
Frank-C:

Ok, you are so smart. Please, tell me the unemployment rate on May 29, 2011 and the unemployment rate on May 29, 2013. make sure you are not quoting mama Sekiru beer palour joint or Lai Mohammed. Ensure that your quote is referencing a recognized body.

I will be waiting...
Should I be the one providing data to you? I am asking why the government is not giving us employment data as a yardstick to measure economic growth as it is done all over the world

and yes I roll with iya sekiru and she told me the price of pepper, Garri, cement, kerosene has been on the rise, so I don't understand the inflation rate they are giving us

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by FrankC3: 10:53am On May 30, 2013
Obiagelli:
Should I be the one providing data to you? I am asking why the government is not giving us employment data as a yardstick to measure economic growth as it is done all over the world

and yes I roll with iya sekiru and she told me the price of pepper, Garri, cement, kerosene has been on the rise, so I don't understand the inflation rate they are giving us

You people are really confused. You said that the figures provided by FG are 'lies' Look at your OP title again. Now, provide the truthful figures let us see. You see why GEJ said that you people should develop a marking scheme before grading him?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by grafikii: 10:55am On May 30, 2013
Obiagelli:

Lol @ mama Sekiru
Someone should give us unemployment data so we can compare o, from my own assessment more people have lost jobs than gain employment, especially banking and production sector.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 11:02am On May 30, 2013
Frank-C:

You people are really confused. You said that the figures provided by FG are 'lies' Look at your OP figures again. Now, provide the truthful title let us see. You see why GEJ said that you people should develop a marking scheme before grading him?
My marking scheme is the unemployment rate like its done all over the world, let the government tell us by how many percent they have reduced unemployment and in what sector of the economy not some phantom economy growth that is usually boasted by government bonds and stock purchase
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 11:05am On May 30, 2013
If your economic growth is not creating jobs and building factories like China or Brazil then you can are talking crap.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by taharqa2: 11:33am On May 30, 2013
Obiagelli: I watched the score card of the president yesterday and I heard ngozi hammering on 6.5% economic growth and Nigeria becoming the number one point of investment in Africa. My take

Then you are a Hopeless IGNORAMUS.... I just hate it when ignorant peeps who ought to keep QUITE in public, make Assertions with false confidence

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 30, 2013
taharqa2: Then you are a Hopeless IGNORAMUS.... I just hate it when ignorant peeps who ought to keep QUITE in public, make Assertions with false confidence
You can't a discussion without insults, why not counter my claims, tell me what companies has newly invested and producing made in Nigeria goods for export

I know your type, the paranoia one that is defending the lies and with fear of a sinking ship just like abati
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Oops Oops Oops
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
God bless you @ Obiageli

According to Bloomberg, Nigeria, Spain, Greece, and Zimbabwe have the highest number of unemoyment with Nigerian youths unemployment standing at 72% and Nigerians overall unemployment at 40%.

In the world today, Economy is measured by rate of unemployment. There are other indices to use but unemployment rate is the most acceptable. What do we export at the moment? Nigeria banks have 20% less employees this year than last year.

I watched U.S number one economist, Chief Benhanke testified yesterday in the Senate about the growth of U.S Economy and he talked about how the economy has rebounded with the current unemployment rate standing at 7.5% compare to 9.9% in 2009 when Obama came in.

Ngozi Iweala is a deceptive economist that believes in voodo and abracadabra economic forcast. They keep repeating the same lie that Nigeria is the number on business destination in Africa with no fact to back it. Ngozi cares less about Nigeria's economy. The earlier Nigerians realize this, the better. She cares more about countries of her colleagues than Nigeria. Fact!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
sincerenigerian: God bless you @ Obiageli

According to Bloomberg, Nigeria, Spain, Greece, and Zimbabwe have the highest number of unemoyment with Nigerian youths unemployment standing at 72% and Nigerians overall unemployment at 40%.

In the world today, Economy is measured by rate of unemployment rate. There are other indices to use but unemployment rate is the most acceptable. What do we export at the moment? Nigeria banks have 20% less employees this year than last year.

I watched U.S number one economist, Chief Benhanke testified yesterday in the Senate about the growth of U.S Economy and he talked about how the economy has rebounded with the current unemployment rate standing at 7.5% compare to 9.9% in 2009 when Obama came in.

Ngozi Iweala is a deceptive economist that believes in voodo and abracadabra economy forcast. They keep repeating the same lie that Nigeria is the number on business destination in Africa with no fact to back it. Ngozi cares less about Nigeria's economy. The earlier Nigerians realize this, the better. She cares more about countries of her colleagues than Nigeria. Fact!
Spot on bro, ngozi would never give us the unemployment rate as it's easily verifiable instead they will tell us the economy is growing at 7%, how do we verify that?

This government is a fraud, she confirmed us yesterday that the government is broke after attacking Sahara reporters so weeks ago for making the same statement.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
I only pity those whose future is blowing away in FRESH AIR
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Obiagelli:
Spot on bro, ngozi would never give us the unemployment rate as it's easily verifiable instead they will tell us the economy is growing at 7%, how do we verify that?

This government is a fraud, she confirmed us yesterday that the government is broke after attacking Sahara reporters so weeks ago for making the same statement.

I have always trusted news from Sahara Reporters. They've been right most of the time, unlike Nigerian news media and print magazines. Nigeria is about to crumble at any moment because we are financially inept and corrupt. Just yesterday, Sanusi Lamido said out of $13 billion from excess crude oil account , $7 billion recently disappeared and unaccounted for between January and June 2013. This people have robbed the country's coffer dry. My friend who lives in Florida told me about how Daizani Allison Madueke 22 year old son bought a G4. The boy is the most popular 22 year old in Florida.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
sincerenigerian:

My friend who lives in Florida told me about how Daizani Allison Madueke 22 year old son bought a G4. The boy is the most popular 22 year old in Florida.
Yet some unbelievable ones who don't know what the future holds for them yet would defend this government.

I think there is too much disconnect between our history and young ones of today, the quality of life in the 80s and early 90s, the economy and the quality of education because I still find it very hard to believe that Nigerians can't see the level of impunity, selfishness, waste and cluelessness this government exhibits.
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by hensben(m): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
J12:

y won't u say inflation is stable when death rate is higher than birth rate
Re: Nigerian Economy Based On Annual Growth Rather Unemployment Rate (the New Lie) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
According to the CBN, last month's inflation rate was 8.4%. That seems impressive for a developing country.
In the month IBB 'stepped aside', the rate was an astounding 50% shocked

(1) (Reply)

Obi Has A Very Relaxed Access To Anambra Treasury / What Has Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Of Rivers State Achieved So Far. / Femi Falana, Odinkalu, Debunk Saharareporters Bribery Story In Al-mustapha Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.