Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,230 members, 7,887,623 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

As A Bachelor Do You Cook? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As A Bachelor Do You Cook? (11680 Views)

How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor / A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by dplomaticVal: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
#seriousmind#:
When I was one, I cooked - never relied on restaurants et al. As a married fellow, I still hit the kitchen when my better half is away or not felling ok.

Stick to
The Rules, man!
D above que. is meant
For d bachelors only cool
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by yimikaa: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yes na,Y won't I cook..u wan make hunger finish me. its cheaper and safer..
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by waledudu(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
I force mysef to cook.. Cos its economical.

1 Like

Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Lovelyboy007: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
i cook wella. i can cook anything.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by gabriel212: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
Bros I dey cook xpecially weekends.
But, when am tired to cook, I go to makashuku / at late hour,super bite and maltinal. no time for time!
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
I dey try but to go work, come back to blog and cook no easy make i nor lie u.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by theripper3: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
I am a very bad cook, I don burn water for fire once sef.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
op, u are too smart. U just took this question off my finger! I had planned to post it since, but chance hindered me.

Any way sha, feeding is one of the greatest challenges to bachelors. At times, even ur most reliable restaurant can disappoint u either by cooking rubbish or no food at all.

As for me, my sister do comes occassnally and cooks for me. I dont allow GFs cook for me cos i dont trust them. If no be harsh economy, at my age now (mid-20s), i no mind, i for just go marry make my wife come d fit my belle.

The only thing wey i sabi cook, na hot water (Susana & Ukwa). No be my fault. I was the d last born in the house growing up so i had seniors who did everything on my behalf.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by abdullkabar(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
Are u asking me "a cheff if i cook"
I cook cook out of cooking
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by oluwasola01(m): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
Who says bachelors don't cook; I just don't understand, personally. It seems like the general idea is that men can't cook, and never will. I just don't like this for any reasons. Obviously, saying men can't cook is just like saying a woman can't operate machinery.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by firstolalekan(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
where is my question mark
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Modream: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sure, i am cooking right now. Rice, beans nd geisha.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Oohrhii(m): 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Yes , I do cook.

I try and shuttle warming my stew, boiling indomie n stuffs while I dress for work in the morning.

And yes I eat outside too.

It's a bit of both.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by WhyAWhy(m): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
RedBenson: op, u are too smart. U just took this question off my finger! I had planned to post it since, but chance hindered me.

Any way sha, feeding is one of the greatest challenges to bachelors. At times, even ur most reliable restaurant can disappoint u either by cooking rubbish or no food at all.

As for me, my sister do comes occassnally and cooks for me. I dont allow GFs cook for me cos i dont trust them. If no be harsh economy, at my age now (mid-20s), i no mind, i for just go marry make my wife come d fit my belle.

The only thing wey i sabi cook, na hot water (Susana & Ukwa). [b] No be my fault. I was the d last born [/b]in the house growing up so i had seniors who did everything on my behalf.

It's totally your fault, because you chose not to learn. I am the only male child in my family and my father detests finding me in the kitchen. I learnt all the same from my sisters and can make ALL kinds of dishes. FYI, many websites(esp youtube) would teach you everything you wanna learn in the kitchen so get cooking!

1 Like

Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by pimplucious: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
I had to learn how to cook, me, and now I enjoyyy it. Got to be dragging the kitchen with my wifey grin
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Evestar200(f): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
My elder brother dose d cooking whenever comes home to visit us,,while my younger brother do d cooking at home
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by cigaricon(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
JideTheBlogger: I dey try but to go work, come back to blog and cook no easy make i nor lie u.

Man just cook it in large quantities on saturday or sunday then store it in the fridge. When you come back frm work, go to ur fridge, take as u need, warm it and eat chikena kiss
JideTheBlogger: I dey try but to go work, come back to blog and cook no easy make i nor lie u.

Man just cook it in large quantities on saturday or sunday then store it in the fridge. When you come back frm work, go to ur fridge, take as u need, warm it and eat chikena
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
I cook ooo, have been doing that since 2002.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by kentblues(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
I just dey cook finish now, walai
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
As a bachelor, I cook regularly. I just finished preparing vegetable(efo soko) soup, but it took me hours to cook it.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by wildchild1: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
cooked moin moin last night for the 1st time,my female frnd that came arnd didnt bliv it...the only food i avnt tried before is vegetable but im perfect when i cook okro,ewedu and ogbonna grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by usmanktg2(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
I b BIG BOY so I no dey cuk
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Zet72(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
eyescue: are you a bachelor? Do you cook or you take routine to mama put?
undecided[ No naa na Ashawo de cook for me!..see question
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by albacete(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
Cooking is one of my hobbies.
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
Evestar200: My elder brother dose d cooking whenever comes home to visit us,,while my younger brother do d cooking at home

So what exactly do you girls do? Sit and watch TV?
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by miqos02(m): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
i cooked when i was a bachelor, and now that am married i still do occasionally
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by youngalex(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Cooking is no big deal to me,I enjoy cooking so I dnt see ot as stress,I just can't stop thanking my mum for dat early training,though am d last
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by seunny4lif(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
I do all the cooking in my house even my mummy prefer me,to do the cooking smiley smileyI just love cooking,that one of my hobbies...Now with my bros,our landlady dey always fear fear cheesy cheesy Telling me,i no go won marry shocked shocked becos i fit do everything by myself kiss kiss kiss From Igbo food to yoruba food i dey grin grin grin
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sanboy25:
My mom still cooks for me. grin tongue
Į̸̸̨ƭ said bachelor •̸№t spinster tongue
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by robosapien(m): 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
No, the question should be the other way round.As a bachelor, do you eat? If yes, then why won't you cook?
Re: As A Bachelor Do You Cook? by goshen26: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
I enjoy it alot, that's why i pray to marry a woman that cook too, so that i can surprise her on certain occasions in our home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! / How Ripe Do You Like Your Fried Plantain? / How Do You Make Your Own Cookies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.