Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,250 members, 7,891,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? (23457 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Where Can I Buy Insecticide Treated Nets In Large Quantity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by uhuns: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
10,000+ Vitamins - Direct
To Members from Seacoast
Vitamins
Study Reveals Vitamin D
More Effective than Flu
Vaccine
According to a recent study
in Japan, good old, natural
Vitamin D is better than the
flu vaccine!
Vitamin D Study in Japan
It now appears there is
proof that Vitamin D is
better at preventing flu than
vaccinations. The risk of
children suffering from flu
can be halved if they take
vitamin D, doctors in Japan
have found. The finding has
implications for flu
epidemics since vitamin D,
which is naturally produced
by the human body when
exposed to direct sunlight,
has no significant side
effects, costs little and can
be several times more
effective than anti-viral
drugs or vaccine.
Only one in ten children,
aged six to 15 years, taking
the sunshine vitamin in a
clinical trial came down with
flu compared with one in
five given a dummy tablet.
Mitsuyoshi Urashima, the
Japanese doctor who led the
trial, told The Times that
vitamin D was more
effective than vaccines in
preventing flu.
Vitamin D was found to be
even more effective when
the comparison left out
children who were already
given extra vitamin D by
their parents, outside the
trial. Taking the sunshine
vitamin was then shown to
reduce the risk of flu to a
third of what it would
otherwise be.
Altogether 354 children took
part in the trial, which took
place during the winter of
2008-09, before the swine
flu epidemic. Vitamin D was
found to protect against
influenza A, which caused
last years epidemic, but not
against the less common
influenza B.
The trial, which was double
blind, randomized, and fully
controlled scientifically, was
conducted by doctors and
scientists from Jikei
University School of
Medicine in Tokyo, Japan.
The children were given a
daily dose of 1200 IUs
(international units) of
vitamin D over a period of
three months. In the first
month children in the group
taking the vitamin became
ill just as often as those
taking the dummy tablet.
But by the second month,
when the vitamin level in
the childrens blood was
higher, the advantage of the
vitamin was clear.
The Japanese scientists,
writing in the American
Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
say that the anti-viral drugs
zanamivir and oseltamivir
reduce risk of flu infection
by 8 per cent in children
who have been exposed to
infection, compared with a
50 per cent or greater
reduction with vitamin D.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by franel79(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Every good thing on earth may result in Adverse Side Effects when subjected to abuse. Moderation is the key. Them say water nor get enemy, but water is a sworn enemy to a drowning man.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Adele123: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2016
I bought a treated mosquito net n dried it for abt 4 days d instructions said 24hrs but I am still reacting to it. Its like my entire face is on fire, tears from my eyes and skin irritation on my arms everytime I attempt to use d net. I hv gone round d whole market to get d untreated net but it doesn't seem to exist again.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Adele123: 11:37am On Mar 30, 2016
I need help!!! jst relocated to Lagos and live in Ajah. to my suprise snipper no dey kill mosquito for here and d snipper dey cause cold, sore throat and head ache again. spendin am anomous amt of money on ordourless mortein but it doesn't last cause hv to spray several times a day. it seems to only weaken d mosquitoes n doesn't kill dem. D mosquitoes jst move up twds d ceiling till d smell fades. embarassedI need help!!! jst relocated to Lagos and live in Ajah. to my suprise snipper no dey kill mosquito for here and d snipper dey cause cold, sore throat and head ache again. spendin am anomous amt of money on ordourless mortein but it doesn't last cause hv to spray several times a day. it seems to only weaken d mosquitoes n doesn't kill dem. D mosquitoes jst move up twds d ceiling till d smell fades.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by frankccc: 6:37am On Oct 08, 2016
please what do i do ,i just used dura net (advanced mosquito system) last night without washing or spreading it as instructed last night and all my face is now peppering me as if i applied Pepper on my face, can someone tell me what to do.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by frankccc: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2016
please what do i do ,i just used dura net (advanced mosquito system) last night without washing or spreading it as instructed last night and all my face is now peppering me as if i applied Pepper on my face, can someone tell me what to do.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Mayowa83: 8:59am On May 06, 2017
I spread it for good 24hours in a shade, since they said shade and not under sun. People, the thing still pepper me and my daughter O... My face is on fire, my body swollen. My 1yr 1month daughter just they scratch body through the night like say na chloroquine. The funny thing i spread it because I took my time to read it unlike the other one I got 2years ago, we used it immediately and no peppery sensation, Same MAGnet product. This one I followed instructions of course cos my neighbour said something about spreading in sun. I have removed it and put it under sun this morning but my body still dey pepper me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Diseases In Nigeria And How To Prevent Them / Quarantine Yourselves If You Notice Symptoms Of Coronavirus- Governors Forum / Zika Virus Infection Reported In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.